Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

So when Amber says that, about Radar Online being racist for investigating THIS guy - is she implying that the other people who have "been on more" ALSO have shady pasts? Because how does she know that Radar hasn't investigated all of them as well (cousin Kristal, Matt's random friend) and found nothing? That they're reporting because they actually found something on THIS dude. Otherwise it sounds like, "Hey, ALL my friends are criminals, why are you only looking at the black guy??" She is too dumb to realize that, of course. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

Sorry for such a stupid question. The online article says Amber's friend was arrested for prostitution.

Does this mean he was...selling himself ? Or was he acting as a pimp ? 

I think the pros are arrested for soliciting. I'm not a legal definition expert, though and can't google right now. 

Being arrested for prostitution seems more like a pimp thing.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Speaking of Kristal, why does she have what looks like raccoon eyes? She has what appears to be huge, reddish circles around her eyes. It is more obvious in some scenes than others.

Tyler had those awful brownish rings at "therapy" last episode too, making him look like he was at death's door. Yuck. I noticed one episode Kristal looked like she's been punched in both eyes. I know that poor nutrition and drinking and smoking all contribute to those weird colored circles (besides lack of sleep), so there you go.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I think the pros are arrested for soliciting. I'm not a legal definition expert, though and can't google right now. 

Being arrested for prostitution seems more like a pimp thing.

If Amber's friend is gay, he could have been prostituting himself to feed a drug habit. Then again, straight guys are known to prostitute themselves to both sexes regardless of their sexual preference, especially if they are desperate for cash to feed a drug problem.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Amber is giving ROL too much credit for doing "background checks."  Most of their info comes from tips -- just like they were tipped off about Matt's ten million children.  

Matt is probably the one who sold the story to them.

It really doesn't take much nowadays to find information on someone. With a computer and internet, you are set. I have found criminal records on people.

Strange how Amber has mentioned a few times now how she doesn't have friends yet, the people she surrounds herself with have been in major trouble. The thing she is not focusing on is, whether these people are safe for her daughter. I understand giving people the benefit of the doubt and giving people second chances. Amber is just not opening those slit eyes of hers and thinking about the safety of her child. If Amber wants to surround herself with criminals and con artists, go right ahead. I hope they burn you. What I don't hope for is, Leah being harmed in any way. It is not the strangers you need to concern yourself with. It is the people who are too eager to be your friend or be around you because you have a child. Predators are not the stranger asking your child if they want candy. They can be the friends, boyfriends, "uncles" you bring into your social circle.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Does anyone else see through Garry's fake I want to coparent bullshit. I'm not saying he's a bad dad because he's absolutely not he takes care of Leah just fine. But I can't help but see the twinkle in his eye when he gets to dangle Leah in front of ambers face like a carrot. Every freaking thing he says so obviously has an ulterior motive. Which is usually trying to make amber look bad and him look good. Buddy she doesn't need any help looking bad she has done that enough on her own. I think he is not over amber but has no other way to affect her other than trying to hurt her with Leah. I think him springing on her last minute about staying over for a cookout (in the rain mind you) was to try to make her look like she's not trying to coparent. Look at poor Gary he does everything he can to try to be nice and the bitch amber just doesn't care. Pshh whatever Gary. Also Leah's time with her mother is time with her mother she doesn't need to be on the phone with Gary everyday. Is this to make Leah feel better or to make Gary feel like he still has control while she's with her mother. She is old enough that if she missed her dad and wanted to talk to him she could ask to call him. If she's not even remembering to charge her phone she's not too worried about talking to him. Sure it's a scary feeling to not know exactly where your kid is and what there doing but guess what y'all are separated and her mother has visitation. How do you think amber feels for two weeks at a time during the school year when she goes without seeing her. It's all about control with him. It's so transparent I don't understand why no one else sees it. 

• Love 1

I disagree. I think Gary was genuine when he invited Amber and Matt to the barbecue. I see him as being mature and proactive in trying to have a cordial co-parenting relationship with Amber and showing Leah that they can all get along. I also don't blame him for being worried when Leah is over there, and wanting regular contact, considering her lack of parenting skills and the fact that she has moved in some sketchy people to be around Leah. I am not sure what you mean about how Amber feels when she goes for weeks without seeing Leah. It is pretty clear that Amber misses visits and doesn't call Leah regularly when she is at Gary's (and I do not see Gary or Kristina refusing to take those calls.) Yes, Gary does have the upper hand and control and guess what, that is because of Amber's decisions and actions (and lack of actions).

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, starfire said:

I disagree. I think Gary was genuine when he invited Amber and Matt to the barbecue. I see him as being mature and proactive in trying to have a cordial co-parenting relationship with Amber and showing Leah that they can all get along. I also don't blame him for being worried when Leah is over there, and wanting regular contact, considering her lack of parenting skills and the fact that she has moved in some sketchy people to be around Leah. I am not sure what you mean about how Amber feels when she goes for weeks without seeing Leah. It is pretty clear that Amber misses visits and doesn't call Leah regularly when she is at Gary's (and I do not see Gary or Kristina refusing to take those calls.) Yes, Gary does have the upper hand and control and guess what, that is because of Amber's decisions and actions (and lack of actions).

I think that if he was genuine about asking her to come for the right reason he wouldn't have stated over and over why he was doing it. He would just ask, also he wouldn't have asked last minute. It seemed to take amber off guard and the only reason I can think is because he never does that kind of thing. Gary for some reason is very concerned about looking like the bigger person and the better parent. He doesn't need to because hand down he is the better parent. He has custody and I think he knows amber doesn't want it herself so the only reason I can think is because he likes the attention he gets for being "super dad" from MTV fans or he like making amber look bad. Like I said before she does that all on her on he doesn't need to help. If he Was mature and proactive with coparenting he wouldn't have done the whole child support paper work when cameras were there. He's not over amber that's for sure. Hell he was still trying to flirt with her when his girlfriend was pregnant. Also I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to be worried when his daughter is there for sure he does. But guess what the judge deemed her fit to have unsupervised visitation with Leah. Its not an 8 year olds job to remember to call her dad every day to make him feel better. She's not checking in from camp she's with her mother. He should tell her to call if something doesn't feel right or if she's uncomfortable or scared but not just to give him peace of mind everyday. Part of a broken home is having to trust that other parent to love and take care of the child when they are with them. If he has issues with that (which I would understand with weirdos son moving in) he needs to go back to court and ask the judge to change the order. But I don't think he should project his fears and insecurities on his daughter by making her call everyday to know she's ok. That has to subconsciously make her feel like she might not be ok when she's with her mom.  Also I've seen several times when amber called and Gary didn't answer. Could you really not see the smirk on his face when he called and there was no answer in front of the cameras? He didn't want her to answer. It was almost like a little kid saying see see she's not good she don't answer the phone just like I said. It was the middle of the day on Mother's Day for all we know amber had already told him they were going out on the boat and he waited till then to call. I'm not saying he's not a good parent he really is but he for sure gets off on making amber look bad and it so obvious to me. He makes me sick

• Love 1

I think that if he was genuine about asking her to come for the right reason he wouldn't have stated over and over why he was doing it. He would just ask, also he wouldn't have asked last minute. It seemed to take amber off guard and the only reason I can think is because he never does that kind of thing.

@LBL But going by how Gary has been in the past, that is how Gary has been for the most part. As for asking last minute, Gary mentioned how he has a hard time getting through to Amber on her phone. She doesn't answer it. In fact, I am betting the reason Amber doesn't answer her phone is because Matt is right there hovering over her all the damn time. She seems nervous whenever Gary calls as if she is worried Matt will say something to her such as "What does Gary want now??" or "Why does he call so much?" Amber has had the wrath of Matt before and I get this bad vibe about him that borders on abuse just because he is so controlling.

If he Was mature and proactive with coparenting he wouldn't have done the whole child support paper work when cameras were there.

I am not in a relationship with Amber, but if I was, I'd make damn sure I have the cameras there simply because I know how Amber rolls. She would pull a fast one. Matt is now in the picture and I could see both of them slandering Gary and trying to make it seem as if Gary was twisting Amber's arm into agreeing with something she wasn't wanting to agree with. Past history has shown that Amber will change things up to make her look like the victim. I am sure Gary has watched enough seasons of Amber on the episodes and watched how she paints a different picture to benefit herself. She takes to social media to throw shade at Gary when it suits her.

But guess what the judge deemed her fit to have unsupervised visitation with Leah.

I have been wrong before, but I thought this order was done between the parties, with no courts involved. Per Amber's interview with one of the online tabloid sites, she said they never went to court. I remember reading this just two weeks ago when the topic came up about if mediation was done.

Also I've seen several times when amber called and Gary didn't answer. Could you really not see the smirk on his face when he called and there was no answer in front of the cameras? He didn't want her to answer. It was almost like a little kid saying see see she's not good she don't answer the phone just like I said. It was the middle of the day on Mother's Day for all we know amber had already told him they were going out on the boat and he waited till then to call.

Again, I could be wrong, but it also could have been editing. It might not have been Mother's Day. It may have been made to look as if Gary called on that day when in reality it may have been a different day.  Still, MTV is not interested in what is going on in Gary's life unless there is an Amber connection. He may have called Amber earlier and didn't get an answer. The producer probably asked Gary to try and call her again so they can capture any conversation on camera. Gary probably smirked because it was not a genuine moment and he probably told the crew that Amber is not going to answer. There are so many reasons, I just won't assume it is something shady on Gary's part.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am not in a relationship with Amber, but if I was, I'd make damn sure I have the cameras there simply because I know how Amber rolls. She would pull a fast one. Matt is now in the picture and I could see both of them slandering Gary and trying to make it seem as if Gary was twisting Amber's arm into agreeing with something she wasn't wanting to agree with. Past history has shown that Amber will change things up to make her look like the victim. I am sure Gary has watched enough seasons of Amber on the episodes and watched how she paints a different picture to benefit herself. She takes to social media to throw shade at Gary when it suits her.

If my former significant other had hit me and pushed me down the stairs, you'd better believe I'd be happy to have the camera crew around & filming whenever we had to interact......especially when we had to discuss custody, etc.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21

As for Gary repeating why he was inviting Amber and her troll over for a cookout I think the reason was probably twofold. One, she's kind of a dim bulb and I imagine most things have to be repeated for her. People like her are the reason shampoo bottles have directions. And two, if he hadn't made the point about doing if for Leah/the sake of everyone getting along, you know Amber would have told everyone and their  mother that Gary was still in love with her and trying to get back with her by throwing some wienies on the grill and luring her over with temping snacks.

• Love 14

I got the impression Gary had mentioned the cook-out earlier. Because when he said it on the phone, it didn't seem like something new. There was just something about the tone of that conversation that felt like, "So, did you want to do the cookout or not?" I would imagine that maybe he texted her about it sometime during Leah's week there, and never heard back. He has mentioned before that Amber is really hard to get a hold of. She probably only answered his call that time because they were filming. She looked ready to say "no", so I think he had already brought the idea up. I don't think there was any ulterior motive. I think he really is trying. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Birdee said:

As for Gary repeating why he was inviting Amber and her troll over for a cookout I think the reason was probably twofold. One, she's kind of a dim bulb and I imagine most things have to be repeated for her. People like her are the reason shampoo bottles have directions. And two, if he hadn't made the point about doing if for Leah/the sake of everyone getting along, you know Amber would have told everyone and their  mother that Gary was still in love with her and trying to get back with her by throwing some wienies on the grill and luring her over with temping snacks.

Hilarious. :-)

That may be what happened the first time around. Amber said a few seasons ago Gary asked her if she misses his wiener. Maybe he was asking her if she missed his grilled wieners.

Definitely agree Amber would rewrite history and make it look as if Gary was up to no good and I second the motion that Gary probably mentioned the cookout previously to Amber. She then told him she would think about it. Being that Matt was with her during that phone call, I would guess she didn't want him to get riled up about wanting to accept Gary's invitation.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

ave been wrong before, but I thought this order was done between the parties, with no courts involved. Per Amber's interview with one of the online tabloid sites, she said they never went to court. I remember reading this just two weeks ago when the topic came up about if mediation was done.

Yes they did reach an agreement but the agreement met in mediation still had to go before a judge that looks at the history and sign off on the order. Just because both parties reach an agreement doesn't mean the Judd he has to sign off on it make it a court order. They may have never went in front of the judge in person but the order had to 

Stupid quote boxes keep appearing. Figured out how to get rid of it.

Amber is straight up lazy. She cannot even bother to cook a meal for Leah. Why do these girls bother buying a home with these huge kitchens? Amber admitted she has no friends so, it is not as if she is going to entertain (HGTV).

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LBL said:

@LBL  I responded to your comment that a "judge decided Amber was a fit mother." That wasn't the case. No judge decided that. Amber and Gary made an agreement. I am aware the order had to be signed off, but that is all that is required when two parties agree to an agreement such as child custody and the order is presented to the courts by the attorneys to be signed just to make it legal and binding.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I give Gary the benefitime of the doubt here and assume he really is just trying to Copa rent in a civilized manner. If my child were going ton spend time at Amber's, I would demand a call, maybe even once in the am and once at night. Even if it were only Amber, because I feel she regularly shows terrible judgement.  But esp since she has Loser Matt there. Leah is a child and needs to be protected. I would not trust Loser Matt AT ALL to be alone with my child.  And, even if a judge approved this setup, so what, sometimes judges are wrong. Nothing would make me risk my child'support safety.

• Love 10

Leah is still fairly young. I don't think calling her dad once a day is unreasonable. When my husband has to go out of town for work, the kids always want to say goodnight to him every night. Leah is usually with Gary most of the time. I don't think it's a big deal. Just a quick phone call. Five minutes. How are you? What did you do today? Love you, goodnight. 

• Love 15

@GreatKazu

when the judge signs off on the agreement that both parties reached he is signing that the order is in the best interest for the child. Which means he approved for amber to have unsupervised visitation ie a fit parent. My husband and his ex had an agreement of 50/50 physical custody a week at each home. The judge would not sign the order because of the child age he stated that it was not in the best interest of the child to not have a primary home until he was older. They both agreed and the judge said no because he looked at the child's age and said it wasn't in his best interest. Can judges make a mistake absolutely 100% they can. Can they have 50 orders on there desk and just sign it without giving it much consideration sure. If Gary is uncomfortable with weirdos in the house then he should go back to court

27 minutes ago, LBL said:

@GreatKazu

when the judge signs off on the agreement that both parties reached he is signing that the order is in the best interest for the child. Which means he approved for amber to have unsupervised visitation ie a fit parent. My husband and his ex had an agreement of 50/50 physical custody a week at each home. The judge would not sign the order because of the child age he stated that it was not in the best interest of the child to not have a primary home until he was older. They both agreed and the judge said no because he looked at the child's age and said it wasn't in his best interest. Can judges make a mistake absolutely 100% they can. Can they have 50 orders on there desk and just sign it without giving it much consideration sure. If Gary is uncomfortable with weirdos in the house then he should go back to court

Each state is different.

In Amber's case, she agreed Gary would continue to have primary custody because he lived closer to Leah's school. He would be the primary caretaker. Amber also agreed to pay child support. Leah by that point was at least 7 years old. She was already living with Gary full-time for the last three or four years (?). It wasn't as if the judge needed to concern himself/herself with what was in the best interest of the child. The only changes being made were to grant Amber a set visitation schedule and to put in writing she was going to begin paying a regular support amount.

I certainly do not see any problem with having Leah call him at least once a day. Gary made sure Leah spoke with her mother when she was behind bars. It is not as if Gary is asking Leah to give him dirt on Amber and Matt. A simple phone call to say "I love you" and possibly "goodnight" which is what she would be saying anyways if she was home with him.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Leah is still fairly young. I don't think calling her dad once a day is unreasonable. When my husband has to go out of town for work, the kids always want to say goodnight to him every night. Leah is usually with Gary most of the time. I don't think it's a big deal. Just a quick phone call. Five minutes. How are you? What did you do today? Love you, goodnight. 

I agree. Plus, if I remember correctly, Gary didn't instruct Leah to call him daily. He just wanted her to have a phone so he was able to reach her if needed since he has a hard time getting through on Amber's phone.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, LBL said:

I think that if he was genuine about asking her to come for the right reason he wouldn't have stated over and over why he was doing it. He would just ask, also he wouldn't have asked last minute. It seemed to take amber off guard and the only reason I can think is because he never does that kind of thing. Gary for some reason is very concerned about looking like the bigger person and the better parent. He doesn't need to because hand down he is the better parent. He has custody and I think he knows amber doesn't want it herself so the only reason I can think is because he likes the attention he gets for being "super dad" from MTV fans or he like making amber look bad. Like I said before she does that all on her on he doesn't need to help. If he Was mature and proactive with coparenting he wouldn't have done the whole child support paper work when cameras were there. He's not over amber that's for sure. Hell he was still trying to flirt with her when his girlfriend was pregnant. Also I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to be worried when his daughter is there for sure he does. But guess what the judge deemed her fit to have unsupervised visitation with Leah. Its not an 8 year olds job to remember to call her dad every day to make him feel better. She's not checking in from camp she's with her mother. He should tell her to call if something doesn't feel right or if she's uncomfortable or scared but not just to give him peace of mind everyday. Part of a broken home is having to trust that other parent to love and take care of the child when they are with them. If he has issues with that (which I would understand with weirdos son moving in) he needs to go back to court and ask the judge to change the order. But I don't think he should project his fears and insecurities on his daughter by making her call everyday to know she's ok. That has to subconsciously make her feel like she might not be ok when she's with her mom.  Also I've seen several times when amber called and Gary didn't answer. Could you really not see the smirk on his face when he called and there was no answer in front of the cameras? He didn't want her to answer. It was almost like a little kid saying see see she's not good she don't answer the phone just like I said. It was the middle of the day on Mother's Day for all we know amber had already told him they were going out on the boat and he waited till then to call. I'm not saying he's not a good parent he really is but he for sure gets off on making amber look bad and it so obvious to me. He makes me sick

My son stays with his grandma every weekend. I make him call every day, just to check in with me and to tell me how his day went. He is 9. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Each state is different.

In Amber's case, she agreed Gary would continue to have primary custody because he lived closer to Leah's school. He would be the primary caretaker. Amber also agreed to pay child support. Leah by that point was at least 7 years old. She was already living with Gary full-time for the last three or four years (?). It wasn't as if the judge needed to concern himself/herself with what was in the best interest of the child. The only changes being made were to grant Amber a set visitation schedule and to put in writing she was going to begin paying a regular support amount.

I certainly do not see any problem with having Leah call him at least once a day. Gary made sure Leah spoke with her mother when she was behind bars. It is not as if Gary is asking Leah to give him dirt on Amber and Matt. A simple phone call to say "I love you" and possibly "goodnight" which is what she would be saying anyways if she was home with him.

You don't understand what a judge signing a custody order means. It absolutely means the judge concerns his or herself with what's the best interest for the child. There is not state in America where this is not the case. " 

Court Approval Custody Agreement

The court must approve of the parenting plan submitted by the parents before it will become effective.  When the judge reviews the parenting plan, their primary concern will be whether the plan meets the best interests of all the children involved.  

The court may also consider any allegations of domestic abuse, substance abuse or any threats to the child’s safety in determining the custody arrangement.

Once the Family Court accepts and adopts a parenting plan, it becomes a Court Order and must be obeyed.  This means that both parents must abide by all of the terms and conditions of the plan.  One parent cannot unilaterally make changes to the plan without the other parent’s consent.  If the parents disagree on changing the plan, they must go to court to seek a modification of the agreement.  If one parent violates the plan, this does not give the other parent the right to violate the plan in retaliation.  Anyone who violates a court order may be found in contempt of court and fined, and in some cases they may wind up in jail."

And as for the rest of it, agree to disagree I guess. I see a sparkle in his eye when he makes amber look bad. I believe he gets some enjoyment out of it. If you don't see it the same way that's ok too. He can want her to call all he wants but if the child doesn't do it short of a court order making amber Call herself he's just shit out of luck. I get him being worried but if he's that concerned about her safety there he needs to go back to court

4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My son stays with his grandma every weekend. I make him call every day, just to check in with me and to tell me how his day went. He is 9. 

And I think it's great that he calls you. Gary told his daughter to call as well and she didn't remember too. Does it suck? Yea I'm sure it makes him worry more. But the fact is if she doesn't remember to call then Amber has no legal obligation to talk to Gary again until she drops her off unless there court order says other wise. 

9 minutes ago, LBL said:

And I think it's great that he calls you. Gary told his daughter to call as well and she didn't remember too. Does it suck? Yea I'm sure it makes him worry more. But the fact is if she doesn't remember to call then Amber has no legal obligation to talk to Gary again until she drops her off unless there court order says other wise. 

Okay, so I am totally not understanding this discussion. I was simply replying to the idea of a child calling home to check in. I didn't make a single comment about courts or the legality of the situation. I've gone back through and read the comments here and I can't find anyone insinuating that there's a legal responsibility involved. At least three people above me commented and said the same, that they didn't see a problem with a child calling home when they are away. Nobody said that it had anything to do with a court order. 

• Love 12

If Gary is uncomfortable with weirdos in the house then he should go back to court

Is he? I thought all he wanted was to have a little facetime with Leah. That is what he mentioned when he handed her his old ipod.

But the fact is if she doesn't remember to call then Amber has no legal obligation to talk to Gary again until she drops her off unless there court order says other wise. 

When did Gary mention it was an obligation?

• Love 8

Matt's son was once charged, and pled guilty to, contributing to the delinquency of a minor:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amber-portwood-future-stepson-past-drug-charges-matt-baier-son/

Drugs aren’t his only vice. On October 24, 2009, he was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor when he “did cause, encourage or contribute to the delinquency of a child by assisting the child in running away from home.”

He pled guilty to one count of contributing to abuse, neglect or delinquency.

He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, but ended up serving probation during that time instead. He was also ordered to pay $363 in fines.

As Radar recently reported, he was also charged with one count of grand theft, one count of forgery and one count of petty theft after stealing thousands at a house party.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Birdee said:

OMG, just had a giggling fit in the middle of Buffalo Wild Wings. Can't decide which part is funnier- Amber needing step by step instructions for how to shampoo her hair, or the fact that Amber's devotion to Matt could allegedly be compromised by the temptation of Gary's grilled wienies.

• Love 13

Aside from the con artist scene that I mentioned here about Matt insisting to Amber the fruit bar tasted yummy while letting viewers and crew know he was lying, another moment made me think he was lying. When he mentioned how Amber was eating at night, but she wasn't aware of doing such a thing, I felt he must be the one who is putting steak bones by her bedroom table and other half-eaten foods at night so she'd think she had eaten it. If she believes she is eating, it may push her to where she is today - having plastic surgery.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Aside from the con artist scene that I mentioned here about Matt insisting to Amber the fruit bar tasted yummy while letting viewers and crew know he was lying, another moment made me think he was lying. When he mentioned how Amber was eating at night, but she wasn't aware of doing such a thing, I felt he must be the one who is putting steak bones by her bedroom table and other half-eaten foods at night so she'd think she had eaten it. If she believes she is eating, it may push her to where she is today - having plastic surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was gaslighting her. She's dumb enough not to notice the crumbs on his novetely t-shirt from the discount shelf at Spencer's. 

• Love 7

I just honestly wish Amber would see through this guy and get her act together.  I don't think she's dumb, just struggling with bipolar disorder and all that that implies.  Matt, con artist that he is, probably plays right into all her insecurities, and I think it's sad that she doesn't seem to think she deserves better.

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with Leah talking to Gary on the phone when she's with Amber.  Just a quick Hi, had a good day, love you.  Good for both of them.

• Love 8
On 10/14/2016 at 4:04 AM, ginger90 said:

Online Groupie:  Amber! Congrats on getting healthy. Was thinkin maybe your meds were causing you to eat & not remember/affecting your weight.

Amber:   it definitely was a huge reason?

The meds were probably causing her to sleep until Noon and spend the rest of the day on the couch, too.  Darn those meds!

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 7

The meds were probably causing her to sleep until Noon and spend the rest of the day on the couch, too.  Darn those meds!

They were the cause for her to miss all those visitation days with Booger Butt and keep her dogs in the basement, too.

Should we assume she has had her meds adjusted? If so, then we should be seeing a brand new Amber. /sarcasm

• Love 6

Ok maybe this is a dumb question but I know two recovering addicts and both won't even take asprin.  Is it normal to continue to take medication as a recovering addict? I am sure the asprin is on the extreme end of things but is it a good idea to be taking medication that causes you to sleep walk and sleep eat? Honestly asking. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, poopchute said:

Ok maybe this is a dumb question but I know two recovering addicts and both won't even take asprin.  Is it normal to continue to take medication as a recovering addict? I am sure the asprin is on the extreme end of things but is it a good idea to be taking medication that causes you to sleep walk and sleep eat? Honestly asking. 

1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

She seems to think she can drink and as long as she's not popping pills she's "sober."

I'm not sure where Ambien fits in there, maybe she snorts it.

It depends on why the person was addicted in the first place, and what substance they were addicted to. For instance, some people become addicted because they were self-medicating. They might have been suffering leigitmate pain that wasn't being properly managed, for example, and turned to other people's prescription pain meds and worked up from there. Or, as happens in a lot of cases, they were suffering from legitimate mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety and turned to other substances to help them cope. I used to be a family therapist and worked with addicts. One woman was a gorgeous, head-turning beauty. She was addicted to pain pills she received illegally. During a session I asked her WHY she started taking them and she replied that her agoraphobia had gotten so bad that taking the Vicodin was the only thing that made her feel "normal" enough to leave the house.With it, she could go grocery shopping, take her child to the park, etc. 

Anyway. If the individual truly IS suffering a malady then legitimate medication should be used, along with therapy. Most doctors will try to refrain from  using scheduled drugs. You know, instead of giving the person Xanax they might give them Vistaril which is not a scheduled narcotic. Without treating the underlying problem, the person is more likely to return to abusing drugs. 

In the case of Amber and Matt...I personally do not believe they are "sober" if they are drinking. However, is Amber is on anti-anxiety medications, taking them properly, and being managed by a doctor then that's another issue. There are lots of addicts that WON'T take scheduled drugs because they're afraid of their self-control, but that's really something between them and their doctors. 

I don't understand the aspirin thing. Aspirin does not cross the brain barrier or affect the mu receptors, which is what opioids and opiates do. (BTW, don't know how many people are aware of this, but Immodium-as in the diarrhea medicine-is actually an opioid. The only difference is that in its current chemical compound it cannot cross the brain barrier at normal doses and therefore can't get you "high." In large doses, however, some people get a similar effect from taking low doses of Hydrocodone. When clients were going through withdrawal we often suggested Immodium not only to help with the digestive issues, but to take some of the sting off of the physical and mental effects of withdrawal as well.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

(BTW, don't know how many people are aware of this, but Immodium-as in the diarrhea medicine-is actually an opioid. The only difference is that in its current chemical compound it cannot cross the brain barrier at normal doses and therefore can't get you "high." In large doses, however, some people get a similar effect from taking low doses of Hydrocodone. When clients were going through withdrawal we often suggested Immodium not only to help with the digestive issues, but to take some of the sting off of the physical and mental effects of withdrawal as well.)

I didn't know this! Weirdly, codine doesn't do to me what immodium does, but immodium is AH-MAZE-ING! I take it with me on every trip.

I also know of recovering addicts who abstain from all mood/mind altering drugs because of their concerns about being able to draw a line. I know of others who were addicted to heroin, but still smoked pot as a stopgap.

It really is individual, as you said. 

• Love 1

I am an opiate addict and although I do smoke marijuana I consider myself sober from opiates and benzodiazepines. I also have an occasional bloody mary. Pot and alcohol are occasional for me and do not create the devastation on my body and life that opiates did. My family and friends are thrilled that they have what they consider to be the old "me" back.

It definitely isn't the general definition of sober but it works for me and my life. In my opinion there can be different interpretations of sobriety. Especially when it comes down to an individuals drug of choice.

• Love 11

I do think every person is different, and some substances may affect them, where others may not. I've never dealt with a full on addiction, but I didn't have a very good relationship with alcohol in my youth and I could see myself becoming an alcoholic if I didn't watch it. I haven't had a drink in about 9 years. Just a  choice I made to prevent a potential problem - alcoholism runs STRONG on my mother's side. 

But I did a few drugs in high school, mainly pot, and never felt any compulsion towards any of them. It was never an issue. I smoked cigarettes too, but mainly out of boredom. I could quit easily, and also haven't touched one of those in nearly a decade. But alcohol does something to me. It's weird. 

So, on the surface, I won't judge Amber for having a few drinks and declaring herself "sober". She's no longer addicted to pills, and that's good. SO far, I haven't seen any drinking be a problem for her. But her refusal to do anything with her life and her allowance of this scumbag, Matt, into it - THAT is definitely a problem.

• Love 4

If anything, Amber should say she is "clean". 

I am of the belief Amber is not drinking wine for the reasons any one of us would drink wine. I think she holds back some while the cameras are around.

Matt is just a liar. I don't believe he was ever an addict or alcoholic.

@AmyFarrahFowler congratulations on the hard work to get where you are today. I am sure the "old" you is a wonderful you. Going by your posts here, you have a great sense of humor.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Matt is just a liar. I don't believe he was ever an addict or alcoholic

Me either! I think he just concocted that to form an attachment to Amber. Next he'll take up jogging to impress the chick up the block. 

• Love 9