Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Good catch!

I would venture to guess the set is a generic set available for filming by various production companies. When that scene aired, I had a feeling it must be a set on some studio lot.

This has nothing to do with Teen Mom, but going with the production set theme here, if you ever watch the film Mommie Dearest, notice the kitchen in the soap opera scenes with the adult Christina is the same kitchen used in the sitcom Happy Days.

Back to TM. That whole scene with Matt's son was a waste of screen time. That could have been screen time devoted to Gary, Kristina, and their kids. I am so glad Gary put the pressure on Amber to get rid of that scumbag's so-called son from her house. That is something else MTV could have aired instead of this crap.

I clearly need a life. When I first saw it I was like, "Hey! That was on a scene with TEEN MOM! Something with Amber..."

And then my son piped up and said, "Where she was talking about her boyfriend's son?"

Which proves my whole family needs a life. 

I love catching reusable sets. The house on GILMORE GIRLS was also on the DUKES OF HAZZARD. That stuff just tickles me. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Amber is trying so hard to look rich like Farrah, and lie like her as well.

And ain't none of them better liars or fronters like Farrah. (Except maybe for Maci and the pregnancy-what-pregnancy-BELCH drama.) 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Katt said:

Won't she have to pay taxes on that? <insert that frigging annoying crying-with-laughter emoji>

I think with Vegas, if she wins more than $1200 then it is reported to IRS.

With Indiana, where they live and I work, it is $600 for the racinos.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Send returns to a 4 Bedroom house in Texas.  Something tells me this isn't exactly a hands-on business for Ambie.  More like  "sell our stuff through your website portal."

She puts in the least effort possible but posts about what's she's "achieved" 24/7 from her couch.
I can't wait to hear someone say they're wearing something from AliBaba, I mean Hate U Couture, I mean whatever tf her "boutique" is called. It defintely won't start with, "Oooh, I just love your top!" Hehehe.

• Love 3

The website reads to me like before ever haute... maybe It's just me, but it confuses the brand for me... not that it mAtters, it's not like that is what will keep me from being a customer, but still.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, druzy said:

There is no mention of Teen Mom on Amber's Twitter profile. She does however mention that she is a real estate investor and flipper! 

More like a flopper. Two things come to my mind about no mention of TM on her profile. One, she is mad at them and removed "TM" from her profile info or two, Matt is pissed off at them and he removed it. I thought of the possibility that may be a hint that she is done with MTV, but she is still contractually obligated to that cruise with Maci and Kailyn.

What does this tweet mean? More commas are necessary, and then she inserts an unnecessary apostrophe:

2v0h64j.jpg

As for Matt in the Twitter photo, every time I see his face, he reminds me of that serial killer, Gary Heidnik:

1zohqhf.jpg2ikzlo4.jpg

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

More like a flopper. Two things come to my mind about no mention of TM on her profile. One, she is mad at them and removed "TM" from her profile info or two, Matt is pissed off at them and he removed it. I thought of the possibility that may be a hint that she is done with MTV, but she is still contractually obligated to that cruise with Maci and Kailyn.

What does this tweet mean? More commas are necessary, and then she inserts an unnecessary apostrophe:

2v0h64j.jpg

As for Matt in the Twitter photo, every time I see his face, he reminds me of that serial killer, Gary Heidnik:

1zohqhf.jpg2ikzlo4.jpg

Oh, wow! I didn't know Gary Heidnik was that we'll known outside of Philly but then again, I was a kid when his house of horrors was discovered in North Philly.

Why does Amber look like a mannequin in the pic? 

I think she means more commas as in commas between the amount of digits in her bank account. Good luck with that while trying to dodge Uncle Sam and  putting everything in your grifter fiance's name.

• Love 8

Ugh... you're right, I don't understand how she thinks this will end well for her, either the money is in her name and the govt seizes it or Matt is going to clear out the account and skip town... how can she not see that!?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

The website reads to me like before ever haute... maybe It's just me, but it confuses the brand for me... not that it mAtters, it's not like that is what will keep me from being a customer, but still.

I am glad I'm not the only one who initially thought that's what the name of her boutique was. 

1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Is Amber talking about adding commas to her net worth or her accumulated debt?  

Well, she said "comma's" - so I expect that means she's out looking for a possessive comma. Maybe that's what she's doing in Vegas....hunting down those possessive commas. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Oh, wow! I didn't know Gary Heidnik was that we'll known outside of Philly but then again, I was a kid when his house of horrors was discovered in North Philly.

Why does Amber look like a mannequin in the pic? 

I think she means more commas as in commas between the amount of digits in her bank account. Good luck with that while trying to dodge Uncle Sam and  putting everything in your grifter fiance's name.

She does look like a mannequin in her photo.

Her Twitter page also shows a photo of her with her brother. Not sure, but he might be in Vegas with her. 

So, the comma remark is in reference to money. Amber is trying to fatten up her wallet for Matt to love her more.

Gary Heidnik has stayed in my memory since he was arrested. That case made headlines and is mentioned from time to time on various crime shows. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I hate to say it but I think Amber entered into a payment agreement with the IRS otherwise wouldn't the check she received from MTV be seized to repay the debt and wouldn't the profits from her online boutique be subject to garnish from them as well?

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I hate to say it but I think Amber entered into a payment agreement with the IRS otherwise wouldn't the check she received from MTV be seized to repay the debt and wouldn't the profits from her online boutique be subject to garnish from them as well?

Absolutely. I know people think that because she is paid as an independent contractor the IRS can't take her income, but they absolutely can and will; they just have to get a judge's signature first. I worked as a litigation paralegal for a law firm that handled mostly contract disputes between companies. We often got court orders that ordered us to pay taxes, past due child support and alimony, along with other judgments owed the state or private individuals who learned of the civil action. There are certain individuals who always get paid out of any settlement, primarily insurance companies who have paid claims related to a car accident where someone else is at fault, and that falls under their policy. Everything else involves a court order or a child support/alimony lien.

There was one case where Workers' Comp was claiming a lien on a contract dispute that didn't involve WC, and they sent a certified letter demanding a lien on the settlement. The attorney on that case contacted the bar association to see if he needed to honor it since they didn't have a judge's signature, and the bar association said no. When WC was notified, they went and got a court order.

The IRS is actually willing to work with people because they just want their money. Arrange a payment schedule and they won't send you to jail. Both Ohio and WV state tax departments were horrible, and didn't seem to care if they were paid or not. There were perfectly happy to let you go to jail and still demand payment. It was quite absurd. If there were legitimate complaints and disagreements about the amount owed, some judges wouldn't sign the order of attachment, but for the most part, the orders were rubber-stamped. If MTV received one for Amber from the IRS or for Matt from the Child
Support Enforcement agencies, which sounds like what happened according to one of Matt's ex's statements in his thread, then they couldn't say that person is an independent contractor and they wouldn't pay it. They could demand an Order from a court, but couldn't ignore it if they received one. 

The most egregious case I've ever seen was a man who worked out of state repairing and removing railroads. He was paid by a card, and would cash it out and take it to CSE each month. He had a stack of receipts two inches thick. His ex said she hadn't received anything and he showed her his receipts. She went to CSE and asked why she wasn't being paid and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He provided us with the receipts, and CSE insisted they had never received a payment, even though they admitted it looked like one of their receipts. That part of his case ended up being transferred to someone who specialized in domestic relations and was still pending when I forced into medical retirement. He and his ex were absolutely being cheated, and I hope he was able to prove it.

That was a very long-winded way to say that Amber is screwed; the IRS will get their money. Owing the IRS is stupid, because you don't want them looking at your income. If she is charging twice as much as somewhere else for the same item, they are going to wonder why she is receiving it. She is very dumb and is going to wind back up in jail.

• Love 11
On 12/30/2016 at 6:31 PM, GreatKazu said:

Good catch!

I would venture to guess the set is a generic set available for filming by various production companies. When that scene aired, I had a feeling it must be a set on some studio lot.

This has nothing to do with Teen Mom, but going with the production set theme here, if you ever watch the film Mommie Dearest, notice the kitchen in the soap opera scenes with the adult Christina is the same kitchen used in the sitcom Happy Days.

Back to TM. That whole scene with Matt's son was a waste of screen time. That could have been screen time devoted to Gary, Kristina, and their kids. I am so glad Gary put the pressure on Amber to get rid of that scumbag's so-called son from her house. That is something else MTV could have aired instead of this crap.

No more wire hangerrrrrrrs.

Ever since I was a child I'd call my mom Mommie Dearest whenever she was being a bit too rude for my liking and it would piss her off (in a fun way, my mom has a cool sense of humor).

Nice catch to the one that spotted the set. That scene with Matt and his son was so awkward. You could tell Seth green was just agreeing to all the bullshit because he got paid some money.

Edited by Calm81
I just noticed my like COUNT is at 1111 - MAKE A WISH Y'ALL
  • Love 6

I thought that was a hotel. I've seen Farrah, as well as C&T "stay" there while in LA. I think they even showed a kitchenette with some bar stools. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't a set. I personally really want that mirror. 

The full picture of Amber in Vegas is insane. That crazy hat and platinum hair is paired with a gold sequined jacket and lots of cleavage. She's doing a little Carol Channing meets the Solid Gold dancers. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I thought that was a hotel. I've seen Farrah, as well as C&T "stay" there while in LA. I think they even showed a kitchenette with some bar stools. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't a set. I personally really want that mirror. 

The full picture of Amber in Vegas is insane. That crazy hat and platinum hair is paired with a gold sequined jacket and lots of cleavage. She's doing a little Carol Channing meets the Solid Gold dancers. 

Two different scenes. The hotel scenes were filmed at a hotel. The scene where Amber, Matt, and his son chatted was on a production set.

I think the scene on the production set was shown right after, or before the scene Drew declared Amber as being definitely clean and sober. *eyeroll*

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Like THAT's the weirdest thing about the photo.  LOL.   We know it's not Matt's because the hand is too big.   

lol

He'd have to be a contortionist because that is a left hand.

• Love 1

I didn't know there was a rating system for websites!  You learn something new every day.

Amazing how she can "hand pick" everything she sells when it is all being shipped out of San Antonio (someone posted her order's tracking info).  None of her Twitter groupies find it strange that "her" boutique is located 1,200 miles away from Indianapolis!  Don't they realize the website is just a facade to funnel orders through an existing company, and Amber has nothing to do with any of it?  At least Farrah has actual retail stores.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She has alot to learn. She needs to learn the difference between visitors, hits and shoppers with $$$

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/816861394276675584?p=v

If anyone watches sisterwives this is the same thing that happened with their business (for non watchers they opened an online jewlery business that flopped) they thought things were great because they had x number of views, but those views didn't turn into sales and it went under relatively fast. Every person in America could view the website twice but if nobody buys anything the views don't matter, it just means people are looking and don't like it... maybe we should all stop in and help with that view number ;).

• Love 9