Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Grab A Bottle

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Cactus Jack was the most excellent.  He would take a shower after his match and sneak up behind us let his wet hair drip on us.  We brought our boyfriends one night and he asked where they were sitting.  (They were on the balcony behind and above us.  Her Dad always sat right to the left of us, near the floor.)  He snuck up the back stairs and sat with our boyfriends.  And dripped water on us from the balcony.  He was awesome.  He and her dad always talked back stage.  

Mel, I love all of your memories!  Cactus Jack was played by Mick Foley.  He is awesome!  I've see him on talk shows and other stuff outside of wrestling and he seems like a really nice person!  When I watched wrestling I loved all his characters.  But he seemed like a sweet guy out of character!

• Love 3

I think we have the book he wrote years ago.  It was his autobiography!  "Have a Nice Day" was the title.  His other book is "Foley is Good".  I think he was on The Daily Show a couple of times b/c Jon Stewart was a fan.  Both Jersey boys!

Now that you mention it, I do think I remember him writing a book and wanting to read/buy it.  I can't say enough nice words about him.   He was so super nice to us.   And he loved all the people.  He  would hit the seats and just hang out.  I never saw anyone else do that.   And when he shakes your hand, he holds it in both of his.  And he looks at you in the eye because you have his full attention.  He's dreamy.  Like not even real,type dreamy.  Every person I ever saw him talking to was treated like they were the only person in the room.  *swoon*

• Love 1

I stupidly decided to read the comments on Tyler's Instagram, and have to say, comments like "You people must be perfect," and "Only God can judge," etc. are incredibly idiotic. Not as idiotic as me reading comments when I know there will be a bunch of people blowing smoke up his ass, but stupid beyond belief nevertheless.

My closet has no skeletons, and neither does my basement. At least it didn't the last time I was down there; my body can't handle the stairs any longer. Sure, I've made mistakes in the past, but I've never abused a person or an animal like the people on these shows, and to say that people can't judge another unless they have never made any mistakes, or that humans can't judge another human because only God has that right, makes me want to create an account to point out to these idiots that they are stupid and ignorant, because they obviously don't know it and someone should tell them, which would make me just as stupid and ignorant as them. 

Humans can't wait for someone to die and be taken to the scales to have their hearts weighed against the feather before judging a person's criminal actions, and a human doesn't have to be a saint to have a negative opinion about someone else's behavior. Not one of these Teen Mom people have to appear on this show. They are not bound by law to sign new contracts, and if you are going to put your life out there for public consumption, you are going to be judged by the public. 

The comments like, "It's a reality television show, we only see what MTV chooses to air!" is also dumb, because many of us follow their ridiculousness online, and if they want to tweet something asinine or racist, they are going to be called on it. The negative attention gets them paid. Most of the reality shows are hate-watched. Teen Mom, Sister Wives, Real Housewives, Kardashians, get viewers because people tune in to see what stupid actions they are doing. The fans are few and far inbetween, and a lot of these "celebrities" purchase their "fans."

It always irritates me to read these stupid comments, but I'm exhausted and can't sleep so it's bothering me even more. Stupid people suck.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2017 at 6:33 PM, MissMel said:

Ok @GreatKazu, what would you like to know about my NWA days?  (Wrestling, not rap.  Lol)  I was 15/16 and my best friend's mom worked for a local tv station here, in the advertising department.  She got a call one day, the promoters needed ring attendants.  Two girls.  She asked how old they had to be.  It didn't matter but if the match was televised, they needed parental consent if under 18.  And we had to wear skimpy clothes and high heels.  She said, "I got two girls perfect for this."  Now this sounds like a really strange thing but it really wasn't.  My friend and I knew what reality versus show looked like because her mom had just retired from the Rockettes.  Plus her Dad would being driving us to each event.  Her Dad looked like he used to be featured on America's Most Wanted every week.  Seriously.  That man scared the crap out every guy that ever showed up to date us.  

Anyway, we worked the NWA events in town.  Once in a while, WWF would cross over.  This was before it turned into WWE and if it's called something different now?  I have no idea.  Seeing it 'behind the scenes' made it not fun to watch on tv anymore.  I have seen Sting take a shower though.  That was fun.  And Flyin' Brian asked us to go to the bar with him.  To keep the girls off of him.  He was covered in scar tissue.  That was an interesting conversation about his accident.  There was also a big guy that wore scrubs and the kids would throw him teddy bears.  He was the sweetest man ever.  He would toss footballs with the wrestlers' kids backstage, on Tuesdays.  One night, I had a 4 or 5 year old little boy come up to me, with his Mom, and asked me to give him a teddy bear for him because he wasn't big enough to throw it in the ring yet.  I told him no and to wait right there for a minute.  I brought the wrestler out to get the bear himself.  It was the cutest thing ever.  

Rick Flair was my pretend tv boyfriend back then.  He crushed that fantasy pretty quick.  Nothing bad but his costumes ALWAYS snagged my pantyhose.  Always.  And security (Russ and David) would never let us go to the bathroom without clearing it out first.  It was a pain in the ass to change clothes.  And for some reason, Rick thought it was fun to pull us into the ring.  We were 15, in high heels.  Jumping through ropes wasn't exactly easy.

Cactus Jack was the most excellent.  He would take a shower after his match and sneak up behind us let his wet hair drip on us.  We brought our boyfriends one night and he asked where they were sitting.  (They were on the balcony behind and above us.  Her Dad always sat right to the left of us, near the floor.)  He snuck up the back stairs and sat with our boyfriends.  And dripped water on us from the balcony.  He was awesome.  He and her dad always talked back stage.  

There was also the twins? brothers?  I don't remember exactly.  They were from Michigan and always wore actual singlets and head gear.  One of them was quiet and the other seemed like a huge jerk on tv.  They both were extremely polite and very personable, in person.  NOTHING like they came off like on tv.  

We sat on the left side walk to the ring.  The "good guys" walked out on the right, the "bad guys" walked out on left.  The "good" always came out first so when the "bad" walked, so did we.  One night, and it was televised, the biggest asshole dickweed I ever met was wrestling.  That SOB looked dead at me in my eyes and flicked his shirt, just out of my reach.  I took one step and snatched it up, in the air, and didn't even make it the rest of the way around the ring.  I was so pissed.  Russ laughed at me and told me to calm down.  Which, only pissed me off more.  "Melinda, it's just pretend and you made it good tv!  Did you hear the crowd? They loved it.  They hate him more now! It was great!"  Good Russ, thanks.  I'm gonna need an extra bonus in my pay envelope tonight because I wasn't pretending.  Let me catch him back here-we're gonna have some words.

Back to her Dad, The America's Most Wanted looking guy.  He always, always, sat in the section just to our left and little bit in front.  He could always see us and we could always see him.  Well, one night, that section had a problem.  It was hard to see what was happening but something was.  I smacked her on her arm and said, "That's your dad."  We grabbed security and went up the back stairs to him.  Apparently there were two drunk guys near him, getting particularly vulgar about us.  He informed them that we were his daughters and we were underage and he would appreciate it if they didn't talk about us like that because there was no way in hell they were ever going to meet us.  They didn't believe him.  So what did he do?  Whipped out his wallet and showed them our school pictures.  I'm still not even sure which embarrassed me more.  The fact that he was arguing with these drunken fools or that he showed them our 9th grade school pictures!  We didn't have to walk through that nasty ass parking lot that night, though.  That man had his car pulled up right against the back door, smoking a cigarette.  A couple of the wrestlers and security walked us out and said, "Damn.  Who needs us when you two have a dad that looks like that?  I wouldn't fuck with him."  

Haha, again, that man wasn't really that scary.  He just looked like he was.  I promise, I never saw him eat puppies, or small children, for breakfast.  He ate eggs and pancakes like most people do.  And bacon sometimes.

Good lawd I just posted a wall of words from the wayback machine.  Lol

Oh my lord, what fascinating stuff! 

You would certainly hold my husband's attention with all this wrestling talk.

You saw Sting taking a shower??? And you leave me hanging. lol

I suppose it was just the most normal thing, right? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh my lord, what fascinating stuff! 

You would certainly hold my husband's attention with all this wrestling talk.

You saw Sting taking a shower??? And you leave me hanging. lol

I suppose it was just the most normal thing, right? 

Haha, yes.  It was very normal.  I only saw his backside.  It was my turn to circle the ring during the match after his, to pick up props tossed out after the match started.  (We both walked the beginning of each match and took turns when there were in-match props.  We knew which matches that would happen ahead of time, because scripted, but also so we knew to pay attention.  We sat in front of the audience and talked with a lot with people during matches.)

Anyway, I got the prop and headed back to the locker room.  There wasn't anybody in there, up front.  (Normally there was a bunch of people.)  I heard one of the showers on and just peeked around.  Sting!  I grabbed that prop back and snuck up behind my friend and said, "Come here! Take this to the back!"  "Why?"  "Sting is in the shower."  "Hand it here!"  She was crushing so hard on him at the time.  It was very cool.

We were also managers of our high school football team.  We were kind of used to seeing nekkid guys taking showers and getting dressed.  That was another reason our parents let us take the job.  Her dad did make fun of us that night, though.  Lol

• Love 3

We want to ditch cable really badly. My husband works for the cable company, and still our bill is $250 a month. I wanted to ask y'all, do you watch teen mom on amazon prime or netflix, or something else? I want to make sure I'll still be able to watch all my trashy guilty pleasures, and would love your advice. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, butterbody said:

We want to ditch cable really badly. My husband works for the cable company, and still our bill is $250 a month. I wanted to ask y'all, do you watch teen mom on amazon prime or netflix, or something else? I want to make sure I'll still be able to watch all my trashy guilty pleasures, and would love your advice. 

I just ditched my cable last month for the same reason. Our Directtv bill was $250 and we didn't even have the biggest plan. We ended up going with Hulu, Amazon, Netflix (which we already had), Brit Box (for my British husband), and Direct TV now ($30 a month). Our bill has dropped by 75%. We also have the MTV app, which is what I have been watching TEEN MOM on. We started out with one Roku but ended up buying a second one. We have 4 TVs in our house and one just wasn't enough. So far, we love it. 

Someone killed my dog today. I live out in the country. It's nearly 30 minutes to town. Everyone on my road has at least 5 acres, some people have hundreds. I've been here for 10 years and everyone knows my dog. She is an inside dog for the most part but, as a farm dog, she also roams the property. My husband went out for a run today and let her out. She usually goes with him but this time, after about 5 minutes, she fell behind and went back home. When he returned, she was in the yard. Her poor little head was bashed in and her neck was twisted. She was covered in blood. I don't know what happened. There is no blood or skid marks on the road to indicate that someone hit her. We've been harassed in the past for our differences when it comes to politics and religion. No idea if that has anything to do with this. We've been trying to move to our vacation property permanently for awhile now. However, we are heavily in debt from medical bills (around $60,000-70,000 at the moment but it fluctuates each month). We don't want to sell our house and can't afford to make any big changes until that gets settled. I love where I live. I am from this area and it's a beautiful place. My community is generally good to me. However, we are isolated in so many different ways-none of them geographically. I feel like this was our final sign. The kids are heartbroken and I have cried all day. She was the sweetest dog. Slept in our beds at night and went on vacations with us. Bastards. 

• Love 2
On 6/24/2017 at 3:50 PM, MissMel said:

Haha, yes.  It was very normal.  I only saw his backside.  It was my turn to circle the ring during the match after his, to pick up props tossed out after the match started.  (We both walked the beginning of each match and took turns when there were in-match props.  We knew which matches that would happen ahead of time, because scripted, but also so we knew to pay attention.  We sat in front of the audience and talked with a lot with people during matches.)

Anyway, I got the prop and headed back to the locker room.  There wasn't anybody in there, up front.  (Normally there was a bunch of people.)  I heard one of the showers on and just peeked around.  Sting!  I grabbed that prop back and snuck up behind my friend and said, "Come here! Take this to the back!"  "Why?"  "Sting is in the shower."  "Hand it here!"  She was crushing so hard on him at the time.  It was very cool.

We were also managers of our high school football team.  We were kind of used to seeing nekkid guys taking showers and getting dressed.  That was another reason our parents let us take the job.  Her dad did make fun of us that night, though.  Lol

Cool stories. :)

@mamadrama that is horrible!! My sympathies to you and your family. Your poor kids!! OMG I just can't fathom the horror. Did you report it to the police?

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Someone killed my dog today. I live out in the country. It's nearly 30 minutes to town. Everyone on my road has at least 5 acres, some people have hundreds. I've been here for 10 years and everyone knows my dog. She is an inside dog for the most part but, as a farm dog, she also roams the property. My husband went out for a run today and let her out. She usually goes with him but this time, after about 5 minutes, she fell behind and went back home. When he returned, she was in the yard. Her poor little head was bashed in and her neck was twisted. She was covered in blood. I don't know what happened. There is no blood or skid marks on the road to indicate that someone hit her. We've been harassed in the past for our differences when it comes to politics and religion. No idea if that has anything to do with this. We've been trying to move to our vacation property permanently for awhile now. However, we are heavily in debt from medical bills (around $60,000-70,000 at the moment but it fluctuates each month). We don't want to sell our house and can't afford to make any big changes until that gets settled. I love where I live. I am from this area and it's a beautiful place. My community is generally good to me. However, we are isolated in so many different ways-none of them geographically. I feel like this was our final sign. The kids are heartbroken and I have cried all day. She was the sweetest dog. Slept in our beds at night and went on vacations with us. Bastards. 

@mamadrama- I am so sorry. My heart hurts for you and your family. Whoever did this is going straight to Hell! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3

Thanks guys. Yeah, we reported it but I doubt we'll hear anything. There are only two police in my county. They have their hands full of the meth heads who, incidentally, are probably responsible for poor Lucy. 

And, for what it's worth, my dog was a REAL rescue dog-Amber and Matt. My friend was driving down the interstate when the car ahead of her pulled over, stopped, and threw the dog out the door and took off. She pulled up after them and fished the poor thing out of the road. She was a beagle/daschund mix. When she posted the story on Facebook, I offered to come and meet her. She bonded with my daughter right away. We took her in, got her shots and vaccinations, made sure she had regular vet visits, took her on vacations with us, kept her warm and dry in the house, etc. She was always a member of the family. She was pregnant when we got her and we kept one of her babies and then got her fixed. It angers me now to think of Mambers' dogs running sad and amok in their pee house. 

• Love 7

Interesting footnote about my dog's death: my ex boyfriend commented on my FB post about it. Now, my ex and I have zero friends in common and have not had any interaction or communication with each other for seven years. I can only assume he has been following my profile. Hell, he didn't even comment when my SON died. It's very odd. 

• Love 1

@mamadrama, I am so very sorry.  I saw your video of the kids on Facebook and your pup where you sounded pissed off because their hearts were broken.  I join you in that.  Big, big hugs to you and your kids.  Some human beings are just vile.  Sending you all cyber love.  (And cyber wishes for karma to come visit the person responsible)

• Love 5

I don't use my real name on Facebook. At first I did, but I started getting private messages from people I wish to not connect with. It is like having an ex show up at your doorstep. I really hate that Facebook tries to connect you by showing on your page "People you may know". I have seen people on that list that I'd rather not see or have them know I am on FB. That is why I had to change my name. 

Thanks @druzy for the link.

Those BET Awards brought back so many memories. Even though I grew up in the 70s, the 90s music holds a place in my heart. I loved watching Xscape, but I think Kandi's voice was a bit rough. I enjoyed the George Michael tribute. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I don't use my real name on Facebook. At first I did, but I started getting private messages from people I wish to not connect with. It is like having an ex show up at your doorstep. I really hate that Facebook tries to connect you by showing on your page "People you may know". I have seen people on that list that I'd rather not see or have them know I am on FB. That is why I had to change my name. 

Those BET Awards brought back so many memories. Even though I grew up in the 70s, the 90s music holds a place in my heart. I loved watching Xscape, but I think Kandi's voice was a bit rough. I enjoyed the George Michael tribute. 

I don't blame you for not using your real name. Lots of crazies out there. I don't have a personal FB page anymore, just my public author page. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I don't blame you for not using your real name. Lots of crazies out there. I don't have a personal FB page anymore, just my public author page. 

I hope you aren't bothered anymore by that guy. 

• Love 2

mamadrama, I am SO sorry! That is just awful. I can't even imagine. I live out in the country, but in a small town of 200. Oddly, our street gets a LOT of traffic. My kids have gotten lazy with the door lately, and our Beagle keeps getting out. I tell them one of these days he's going to get hit by the jackasses that speed down our (dead end) street. Poor pup. That's just the worst news. 

• Love 2

It's been a crummy week for sure. I miss our dog so much. I keep thinking about her at random times and breaking into tears. 

On a happier subject, though...

About 8 months ago I was on Facebook and scrolling through my newsfeed. I belong to a local historical society group and some strange guy posted a picture of a man, his father. The post was something like, "This is my dad. I have never met him and don't know his name but I know he is from that county. Can anyone help?"

That's the day I found out that I have a brother. 

After about 8 months of writing and chatting, we are finally meeting on Monday. I am stoked. We are only a year apart. His mother had told him that Dad was dead so he grew up believing he didn't have a father to visit. Neither one of us were aware of the other. We have totally random things in common-like we're both into ghost hunting and can quote the same obscure 1940s horror films. We both grew up feeling like misfits in our respective families, having little in common with anyone else. We both grew up feeling alone and isolated, and yet both felt like there was someone else out there for us. I am super stoked about meeting him for the first time. 

• Love 9

Wow, that is a crazy story, like something out of a movie. I always find it interesting how alike family members who've never known each other can be. I hope your meeting goes well. It's very cool that you found each other after all that time. 

• Love 4
On 6/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, GreatKazu said:

I agree. Perhaps I do know them and I don't want to be friends with them. 

• Love 4

Hi! This is to TEENMOMANGERMGMT, and anyone else wanting to donate their wedding dresses to be made into infant gowns for stillborn babies. Mom was surprised and so pleased to read all of the messages about her making these little gowns, and thanks each and everyone of you. Since she lives so far from civilization, anyone who is wanting to donate their gowns should call their nearest city hospital, and ask to speak to the Pediatric floor, and someone there will know where to send their wedding dresses.  But if by some small chance, you live in Saskatchewan, Canada, then let me know and we can arrange to get it shipped to her.

I wish that these teen moms would learn to do something for someone else in life, instead of getting checks for being lazy young women. If only.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Hi! This is to TEENMOMANGERMGMT, and anyone else wanting to donate their wedding dresses to be made into infant gowns for stillborn babies. Mom was surprised and so pleased to read all of the messages about her making these little gowns, and thanks each and everyone of you. Since she lives so far from civilization, anyone who is wanting to donate their gowns should call their nearest city hospital, and ask to speak to the Pediatric floor, and someone there will know where to send their wedding dresses.  But if by some small chance, you live in Saskatchewan, Canada, then let me know and we can arrange to get it shipped to her.

I wish that these teen moms would learn to do something for someone else in life, instead of getting checks for being lazy young women. If only.

I just did a quick search on this.  They are called "angel gowns" and they are so tiny.  God bless the people who do this - especially @mittsigirl's mom.  :)

• Love 1
Just now, Marisagf said:

I just did a quick search on this.  They are called "angel gowns" and they are so tiny.  God bless the people who do this - especially @mittsigirl's mom.  :)

Thanks for the proper name Marisagf, I get confused when I get emotional! Mom said she just loves to make them as beautiful as her imagination allows her, so the moms will have something special to put on their babies. She is 4"9, 74 years old, and still is a janitor of a huge Bank in town, cleans it better than anyone could! Her and dad are taking 10 days to go to the lake, and she was actually going to take a gown along to work on an angel dress while there. But I told her I want her to take a little break, and just relax, which she is not very good at doing! She just had her knee replaced, and now needs hand surgery, but never complains. Mom began sewing them after she lost her granddaughter-my daughter-to cancer, and has never stopped since. Can you just imagine the good a person could do with the checks that MTV gives those teen moms? But as far as I know, not one of them does any good with them. So sad to be so selfish.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, RamonaSenomar said:

@mamadrama, I am just now in this thread and saw what you posted about your dog.  My heart hurts for you, and my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beloved dog.  I can't even imagine how someone could do something to a family pet.

There are many sick people out there, who hate dogs and will do anything to get rid of them. MAMADRAMA it hurts like hell, you will always miss your sweet dog, and no other one could ever replace it. 

I hope you can find out who did this, and charges can be pressed.

• Love 2

Speaking of angel gowns...Our youngest son was born exactly 7 years ago today, at this time. He died of a heart attack in his sleep 2 months later. Happy Birthday, little man. I promise I would have tried harder than some of these dingbats on this show. 

eyes open 1.jpg

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

He's beautiful, MamaDrama. Just beautiful. Happy birthday to him. 

Thank you. I don't feel so bad this year. Some years are worse. But then, maybe I am just tired and jet-lagged. We went away for a few days so that I could finally meet my brother and we just got back. After an awful few days of dealing with my dog's murder, that little trip was kind of a balm. It was awesome getting to meet my brother, and for our kids to hang out. (It's the first time they've ever met a cousin.) We turned it into a mini vacation with a trip to the zoo and stuff. So I am still flying high on THAT. But my little man, yes, even after 7 years I sometimes find myself randomly breaking down. His death date is worse, especially when it falls on a Saturday. July 5th was actually a fun day for us. I had a complete placental abruption while watching fireworks in the hotel and he was born right there on the spot. (The poor manager of the Hyatt...those sheets will never be the same again.) We were just so happy that he was here.

• Love 4

Oh good, I'm glad the meeting with your brother went well. I gather he lives too far for it to be a fairly regular thing? But it's nice you got to have a bit of a break. 

• Love 3

Speaking of angel gowns...Our youngest son was born exactly 7 years ago today, at this time. He died of a heart attack in his sleep 2 months later. Happy Birthday, little man. I promise I would have tried harder than some of these dingbats on this show. 

I'm so sorry, mamadrama. He's adorable.

• Love 3

Big, big, hugs Mama.  ?

Y'all, I gotta get this shit out.  My youngest son spent the weekend with my oldest son.  4 days.  Now the thing is, the joke was made "he knows how to play beer pong now" which, okay.  No big deal. (They are 23 and 16)  I had an  older sister, she bought me beer too.  I kind of expect this.  It happens.

But oh no, I get hit with "we figured out we need to drink water with blue raspberry vodka".

Um, hello.  I'm your mom.  I don't need to hear all of these details.  But since you provided them, why the fuck are you drinking gummy bear vodka and nobody thought to get water?!  I'd really hate to have to kill you because you're stupid.

I hope you all understand.  Kids are crazy.  And I am too.  It's contagious.   

• Love 9
On 7/6/2017 at 6:50 PM, MissMel said:

Big, big, hugs Mama.  ?

Y'all, I gotta get this shit out.  My youngest son spent the weekend with my oldest son.  4 days.  Now the thing is, the joke was made "he knows how to play beer pong now" which, okay.  No big deal. (They are 23 and 16)  I had an  older sister, she bought me beer too.  I kind of expect this.  It happens.

But oh no, I get hit with "we figured out we need to drink water with blue raspberry vodka".

Um, hello.  I'm your mom.  I don't need to hear all of these details.  But since you provided them, why the fuck are you drinking gummy bear vodka and nobody thought to get water?!  I'd really hate to have to kill you because you're stupid.

I hope you all understand.  Kids are crazy.  And I am too.  It's contagious.   

Same kid who didn't know about the gas station chicken?

I worry about our youth. 

• Love 1
On 05/07/2017 at 1:51 AM, mamadrama said:

eyes open 1.jpg

He is absolutely beautiful!

Happy Birthday little man-

you were so very loved by your mama:)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Same kid who didn't know about the gas station chicken?

I worry about our youth. 

Yes!!  I do think I have to take the blame for the chicken, though.  On the upside, he's never been to the courthouse so the opportunity has never been there for him to stop at that station yet.  

• Love 1

Since I'm always writing depressing shit (I don't know how that happens; I swear I'm a pretty happy fucker most of the time) I wanted to share something nice that happened tonight. My FB page is a public one, mostly for my readers and fellow writers to connect with me on. Someone in the true crime community (I am currently writing my first true crime nonfiction) looked me up and posted, asking which book to start with. Several of my readers saw the post and, well...

Later this evening, I got this personal message from someone. 

I don't know these people outside my books. I am not a millionaire but I have a VERY loyal group of readers that hang in there with me. 

I don't usually share stuff like this. It's been a hard couple of weeks. This felt good. 

2017-07-10 (1).png

2017-07-10.png

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:51 AM, mamadrama said:

eyes open 1.jpg

Such a precious child.  

An angel in Heaven. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Such a precious child.  

An angel in Heaven. 

I had a hysterectomy scheduled for the week after he died. When he passed away, I canceled it. I still felt like I had more parenting to do and I'd liked having two children. That's when we tried for my daughter. She wouldn't be here if he hadn't died, and now I couldn't handle life without her. She's an amazing kid. It's funny because we call them "rainbow babies"-babies conceived and born after a loss. I wasn't real big on that term but I respected others who used it. We had her name picked out in the previous pregnancy, when we thought he would be a girl. So it had been chosen for awhile. When she was about a year old I looked up the meaning and, of course, her name means "rainbow." Interesting irony. There are no silver linings to losing a child, no "at leasts", but you eventually reach the point where you try to start looking for good things again. She's it. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I had a hysterectomy scheduled for the week after he died. When he passed away, I canceled it. I still felt like I had more parenting to do and I'd liked having two children. That's when we tried for my daughter. She wouldn't be here if he hadn't died, and now I couldn't handle life without her. She's an amazing kid. It's funny because we call them "rainbow babies"-babies conceived and born after a loss. I wasn't real big on that term but I respected others who used it. We had her name picked out in the previous pregnancy, when we thought he would be a girl. So it had been chosen for awhile. When she was about a year old I looked up the meaning and, of course, her name means "rainbow." Interesting irony. There are no silver linings to losing a child, no "at leasts", but you eventually reach the point where you try to start looking for good things again. She's it. 

That is so beautiful. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Did anyone watch the two episodes of Teen Mum that premiered last night? I'm already sucked in.

I did last night and I came on here all prepared to talk about it, but I don't see a forum for it? Anyone else?

• Love 1