Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Grab A Bottle

• Start Topic

My kratom peeps...A local news channel is coming to my house tomorrow and doing a story on me and kratom. Since the FDA declared it an opioid last week, there's been a lot of attention given to our little plant. The news channel wants to do a story on my condition and how kratom has enabled me to write my books and have my quality of life back. 

• Love 8
On 6/12/2014 at 5:03 PM, GreatKazu said:

I hope not. I want all of these damn shows to go away. I want every single one of these heifers to never be paid again for doing nothing.

Ha! totally agree! But I have to admit, if they offered a "where are they now" show 10 years from now, I'd be curious to see what they are up to without all that MTV money. At least, that is what facebook was for me when I looked up classmates from high school. Not too many surprises for me there, but interesting nonetheless. The cool guys got all fat, the not too bright stayed not too bright. Surprisingly a lot of people didn't move out of town, or if they did, stayed in the same state. I left to live in 3 different state , then moved to live in two countries in Europe in the 20 years that passed. I understand many people like to stay close to family, but wow.  Many of them have hardly vacationed out of state, much less out of the USA. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

Ha! totally agree! But I have to admit, if they offered a "where are they now" show 10 years from now, I'd be curious to see what they are up to without all that MTV money. 

I'd be all over that shit. I'm nosy as hell. I'd say about 1/4 of my online time is spent looking up people I hated in high school. I know, I have problems. 

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, mamadrama said:

My kratom peeps...A local news channel is coming to my house tomorrow and doing a story on me and kratom. Since the FDA declared it an opioid last week, there's been a lot of attention given to our little plant. The news channel wants to do a story on my condition and how kratom has enabled me to write my books and have my quality of life back. 

How did the interview go? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

How did the interview go? 

It was fun. They stayed for a little over an hour. Rearranged my living room furniture, but at least they put it back. :-) I feel like it was a very positive interview, and off record both the newscaster and cameramen were pretty encouraging about kratom and agreed that the pharmaceutical companies are just trying to crack down on it because it works and they're losing money. But, the next day, the FDA released a press release about kratom and salmonella. (I have to say, nobody in the kratom community had EVER heard of it being associated with salmonella until this week. I call shenanigans.) So who knows how they'll slant the story. Might make me look out to be a complete crackpot. The story airs Monday and they're meant to send me the link. If anyone wants to watch it, just PM me. In the meantime, here's a grainy picture my son took of the cameraman following me around my kitchen, watching me make my kratom drink. 

28167132_2087742568179356_4849880446727773919_n.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

It was fun. They stayed for a little over an hour. Rearranged my living room furniture, but at least they put it back. :-) I feel like it was a very positive interview, and off record both the newscaster and cameramen were pretty encouraging about kratom and agreed that the pharmaceutical companies are just trying to crack down on it because it works and they're losing money. But, the next day, the FDA released a press release about kratom and salmonella. (I have to say, nobody in the kratom community had EVER heard of it being associated with salmonella until this week. I call shenanigans.) So who knows how they'll slant the story. Might make me look out to be a complete crackpot. The story airs Monday and they're meant to send me the link. If anyone wants to watch it, just PM me. In the meantime, here's a grainy picture my son took of the cameraman following me around my kitchen, watching me make my kratom drink. 

What an amazing experience! 

I don't believe the salmonella claim either. It's all about money and that's a shame. 

By the way, your kitchen is fabulous! 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, druzy said:

What an amazing experience! 

I don't believe the salmonella claim either. It's all about money and that's a shame. 

By the way, your kitchen is fabulous! 

The conspiracy theorist in me wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't intentionally poison a batch just so that it could be recalled. What a coincidence that, after how many years of kratom being on the radar, this just happen to occur during a time in which the FDA is trying to ban it...

9 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Almost makes me want to cook! I'm sure you did an amazing job. I was just starting to hear about Krom as I was leaving Las Vegas. I'm surprised my dr never brought it up when I told them to shove the pills.

A lot of people haven't heard of it. It's been kind of this underground thing for the past few years. Now you hear about it everywhere! You might want to order you some, though, before it becomes illegal. 

Thanks re: kitchen stuff. Our kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house, though I also like my office because it has a balcony that overlooks the mountains. :-)

• Love 3

random subject: I have started writing a new series about this Appalachian town where urban legends, murder ballads, and folk tales come to life. I thought it would be a lot of fun. I LOVE writing about Appalachia (my witches' series already takes place in it) and I also love folklore and folk songs. It is SUCH a pain in the ass, though. NOTHING about it is coming naturally. I feel like I have struggled with every word. Usually I can sit down with an idea and have a rough draft in a couple of weeks. The words just kind of flow. Not this one. I have fought for each one. My beta readers have loved it, but I don't. I'm just not into it.  Unfortunately, it has a lot of pre-orders so I can't just cancel it, ha ha, or else I would. I can't wait to move on to something else. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That’s so awesome!!! 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@mamadrama, no pressure but I would read that. I hope that it starts flowing more naturally soon.

Thank you. I've been watching reruns of HART OF DIXIE to kind of get me in my groove. (Even though the series isn't satirical, I love the small town ensemble feel. 

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Sending flowing Vibes your way @mamadrama ! I need that Witch series as well. Salem is on my Wander List this year. My Husband wants to return me to my family, Poor Guy.

I LOVE Salem! I took my husband up there a few years ago and he fell in love with it, too. Maybe when we retire...

• Love 2

I hate yard sales. I just finished my moving sale and people are relentless when you say “firm price” when it’s already been knocked down 90% retail and gently used. “No ma’am it’s $25.00 - just bought a month ago” - cheap lady “You no take .50?” ?

I especially love the ones that look around and say “pfft. That’s all?” I’m sorry but the early birds went crazy on our stuff ...it’s 1pm?!? 

Vent over. I just caaaaaaaan’t with bargain shoppers. ?‍♀️?

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I hate yard sales. I just finished my moving sale and people are relentless when you say “firm price” when it’s already been knocked down 90% retail and gently used. “No ma’am it’s $25.00 - just bought a month ago” - cheap lady “You no take .50?” ?

I especially love the ones that look around and say “pfft. That’s all?” I’m sorry but the early birds went crazy on our stuff ...it’s 1pm?!? 

Vent over. I just caaaaaaaan’t with bargain shoppers. ?‍♀️?

God, yardsales. You put a dime on something and they want it for a nickel. I understand that people like to bargain but there are some folks that are so rude that I swear I'd pay for the stuff myself again before I sold it to them. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

God, yardsales. You put a dime on something and they want it for a nickel. I understand that people like to bargain but there are some folks that are so rude that I swear I'd pay for the stuff myself again before I sold it to them. 

I agree. It's like they just want to bargain for the sake of bargaining. Personally, I HATE haggling - as a buyer. I either like the price, or I move on. I just don't feel comfortable asking someone for less. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. It's like they just want to bargain for the sake of bargaining. Personally, I HATE haggling - as a buyer. I either like the price, or I move on. I just don't feel comfortable asking someone for less. 

It's one of the reasons why I have trouble in Eastern European countries where haggling is all almost required. I'm like Mary Jo in that episode of DESIGNING WOMEN where she talks about having lived in Mexico and shopping at the market. "Have you ever tried to buy a chicken in Guadalajara?"

Mary Jo: I hate to bargain, I've never been good at it. You know I lived in Mexico for a couple of years when Ted was in medical school and let me tell you there's no such thing as the price of eggs south of the border. At first I'd just go to the market and I would just pay whatever price they asked and after a couple of weeks I told Ted, "We can't live in Guadalajara, it's just too expensive." 

Charlene: Well how'd you get by?

Mary Jo: Well I finally figured it out. I'd go to the guys in the market and I would say, "How much is this orange" and they'd kind of size me up and say "$600." And I'd walk away and they'd say "$0.30!" I hate that.  

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 6

So that news story ran on me yesterday and, overall, I think they did a good job of capturing what I told them. The way they framed the segment was interesting-they framed it as me being this former world traveler (they kept using "off the beaten path" for the things I've done) who now only has "memories" of a different life due to my condition. It's definitely the best news story I've seen on kratom, though, and because the FDA never got back to the newscaster, the only segment was pretty much about me, ha ha. I'm glad I cleaned my house. They showed so much more than I expected. It started with an open shot of my entire house and the words, "She lives in a big house on a hill..." We were watching it and cracking up. 

• Love 7

Are you going to share the link here?  Nobody cares what the FDA has to say about anything by now.  Or at least they wouldn't if they knew just how full of shit and corporate owned they are.  They only care about keeping the money flowing no matter how many people they hurt (or kill) doing it.  I'll stop now. They really piss me off, though.

Your house looked great and it did look huge in that opening shot!  I'd love a place that size. I thought it was a good interview.  It was very interesting and I hope the people in control will start listening to the people living and dealing with health issues that they have no idea about.  Pills aren't the only answer. Neither is banning natural substances just so they can screw with it and get their version of poison patented, just to make more money.  Leave nature alone, asswipes!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Are you going to share the link here?  Nobody cares what the FDA has to say about anything by now.  Or at least they wouldn't if they knew just how full of shit and corporate owned they are.  They only care about keeping the money flowing no matter how many people they hurt (or kill) doing it.  I'll stop now. They really piss me off, though.

Your house looked great and it did look huge in that opening shot!  I'd love a place that size. I thought it was a good interview.  It was very interesting and I hope the people in control will start listening to the people living and dealing with health issues that they have no idea about.  Pills aren't the only answer. Neither is banning natural substances just so they can screw with it and get their version of poison patented, just to make more money.  Leave nature alone, asswipes!

I gave people the link if they PMed me but I didn't really want to post it here. And yeah, the FDA sucks. The only reason that they're trying to ban it is because it works and the pharmaceutical companies realize that they're missing out on money. What will happen is that they'll ban it and then, in a year or two, Pfizer or one of the other ones will bring it out in pill form and make billions. Grrrr...

I love our house. It's a bitch to clean, though. I mostly just shut off the bedrooms and extra rooms that we don't use until someone comes to stay with us, ha ha. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 4

Oh!  Sorry, PMing the link is probably the best idea.  And yes, that's exactly what the FDA and BigPharma is doing with marijuana, too. It makes no damn sense other than making them money.  All the natural stuff could just be left alone and legalized but that would only put the money back into the communities and we can't have that, now can we?  They really piss me off.

Not to change the subject but I'm getting really antsy and nervous right now.  I'm heading back to UF today to see if I can get my dental surgery done and make a plan and set the date.  Eek!  I have all my paperwork and blood test results so now it's up to the surgeons to decide if they are willing to take the risk on me.  I've done all I can do and it's now out of my hands. Fingers crossed!  Best case scenario they will do it, in the hospital, all at once. Insurance will pay for that.  Plus I'd feel much safer and I'd imagine they would too.  I need this to happen but if it doesn't, I'm still in the boat I'm in now.  Just without any more options.  Or least any actually affordable ones. (Affordable for me, my mother is able to cover what my insurance won't, so far.  None of this would possible without her.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

Oh!  Sorry, PMing the link is probably the best idea.  And yes, that's exactly what the FDA and BigPharma is doing with marijuana, too. It makes no damn sense other than making them money.  All the natural stuff could just be left alone and legalized but that would only put the money back into the communities and we can't have that, now can we?  They really piss me off.

Not to change the subject but I'm getting really antsy and nervous right now.  I'm heading back to UF today to see if I can get my dental surgery done and make a plan and set the date.  Eek!  I have all my paperwork and blood test results so now it's up to the surgeons to decide if they are willing to take the risk on me.  I've done all I can do and it's now out of my hands. Fingers crossed!  Best case scenario they will do it, in the hospital, all at once. Insurance will pay for that.  Plus I'd feel much safer and I'd imagine they would too.  I need this to happen but if it doesn't, I'm still in the boat I'm in now.  Just without any more options.  Or least any actually affordable ones. (Affordable for me, my mother is able to cover what my insurance won't, so far.  None of this would possible without her.)

Good luck! The problem I have now is that the doctors are saying that my insurance won't cover putting me to sleep. But there's no way that I can have all of my teeth pulled, or even the 6 that HAVE to be pulled now, without them knocking me out. I can't have Novocaine. It literally causes my soft tissue to disintegrate. I have different insurance than I had last year. At least my old stuff paid a little. One of my teeth is broken off completely at the gumline and there's nothing to grab ahold of at all. It's super frustrating but it's basically because my dental insurance sucks and doesn't pay for a damn thing, other than simple extractions and fillings. I am hoping that they can word this to make it sound like a medical problem and not a dental one. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am hoping that they can word this to make it sound like a medical problem and not a dental one.

This is what we are trying to do. I have the referral from my primary care so if they get me in the OR, it’s covered by my medical insurance. My dental insurance won’t cover it being done in the office. Or extractions at all. It’s soooo frustrating!  Good luck to you!  It is possible. I’m still in the——-Nope! They just called me back. Eeeek!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MissMel said:

This is what we are trying to do. I have the referral from my primary care so if they get me in the OR, it’s covered by my medical insurance. My dental insurance won’t cover it being done in the office. Or extractions at all. It’s soooo frustrating!  Good luck to you!  It is possible. I’m still in the——-Nope! They just called me back. Eeeek!

Ugh. I am so sorry. It is really frustrating. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

@MissMel What happened?

Not a damn thing.  Apparently, there are different clinics ran by different surgeons. Yesterday's were not the same as my first visit. These two said no, they don't want to risk the bleeding, but they'd be more than happy to remove 3 or 4 at a time. Aaaaarrrgh. I asked about the first surgeons I talked to. "You'll just have to come back when they are here and see if they'll go ahead and do the half surgeries for you. They still might.  We won't."

Fuck you both, asswipes.  It's not like I live right down the road or anything PLUS you talked to my Gastro that I have been seeing for over two years.  The one that wrote a consent to surgery letter.  And she still stands by her word that it's ok!  Yes, bleeding is an issue so the half mouth at a time seems to be the better idea to me.  Yes, I may need to be admitted to watch that and make sure my blood levels recover.  I can do that twice instead of once.  I'm also not necessarily opposed to getting them pulled in quarter sections.  I just can't do repairs.  But I'm gonna need to be twilighted like the first surgeons suggested for in office removal. But oh no!  Not these two.  My dad actually told me he appreciated me not losing it with the second asshole. I told him I bit my tongue three times and then turned my head to only face the other guy that actually listened and talked.  I couldn't even  acknowledge the other one anymore. Such a prick.  Haha!

So basically it was a wasted trip. I'll call and get an appointment with the first two and make the three hour trip back down there again.  I'm not out of options so I'm not giving up just yet.  I did give up in the office yesterday, went to the bathroom and cried, but after I calmed down and collected my thoughts, Dad and had the long trip home to talk.  So I'm not out just yet. Just have to regroup.

I did think about y'all while I was crying though.  Then I noticed all the paper product dispensers had the Florida Gator logo on them and I it made me laugh. I even took a picture. Lol

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Not a damn thing.  Apparently, there are different clinics ran by different surgeons. Yesterday's were not the same as my first visit. These two said no, they don't want to risk the bleeding, but they'd be more than happy to remove 3 or 4 at a time. Aaaaarrrgh. I asked about the first surgeons I talked to. "You'll just have to come back when they are here and see if they'll go ahead and do the half surgeries for you. They still might.  We won't."

Fuck you both, asswipes.  It's not like I live right down the road or anything PLUS you talked to my Gastro that I have been seeing for over two years.  The one that wrote a consent to surgery letter.  And she still stands by her word that it's ok!  Yes, bleeding is an issue so the half mouth at a time seems to be the better idea to me.  Yes, I may need to be admitted to watch that and make sure my blood levels recover.  I can do that twice instead of once.  I'm also not necessarily opposed to getting them pulled in quarter sections.  I just can't do repairs.  But I'm gonna need to be twilighted like the first surgeons suggested for in office removal. But oh no!  Not these two.  My dad actually told me he appreciated me not losing it with the second asshole. I told him I bit my tongue three times and then turned my head to only face the other guy that actually listened and talked.  I couldn't even  acknowledge the other one anymore. Such a prick.  Haha!

So basically it was a wasted trip. I'll call and get an appointment with the first two and make the three hour trip back down there again.  I'm not out of options so I'm not giving up just yet.  I did give up in the office yesterday, went to the bathroom and cried, but after I calmed down and collected my thoughts, Dad and had the long trip home to talk.  So I'm not out just yet. Just have to regroup.

I did think about y'all while I was crying though.  Then I noticed all the paper product dispensers had the Florida Gator logo on them and I it made me laugh. I even took a picture. Lol

Ugh, sorry dude. :-( I know how frustrating it is. 

• Love 3

I have been looking for new employement since last June and nothing so far and I am super frustrated. I am currently working and like what I do but I don't like my boss at all. He is a jerk and extremely difficult to work for. I've had several interviews and call backs but nothing has panned out so far. I am everywhere, Careerbuilder, Linkedin, Ziprecruiter and Indeed. I think the reason I am not getting anything is because I don't have a college degree. Due to crappy life cirmcumstances I didn't get a chance to go.  It sucks because I have the experience and I am confident in my abilities and I know I have the potential to be successful but it's like I am not being given a chance because I am lacking that one thing. 

I needed to vent

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I have been looking for new employement since last June and nothing so far and I am super frustrated. I am currently working and like what I do but I don't like my boss at all. He is a jerk and extremely difficult to work for. I've had several interviews and call backs but nothing has panned out so far. I am everywhere, Careerbuilder, Linkedin, Ziprecruiter and Indeed. I think the reason I am not getting anything is because I don't have a college degree. Due to crappy life cirmcumstances I didn't get a chance to go.  It sucks because I have the experience and I am confident in my abilities and I know I have the potential to be successful but it's like I am not being given a chance because I am lacking that one thing. 

I needed to vent

best of luck!!  some companies pay for you to get a degree, and there are classes online, which are of course terribly time-consuming and not convenient for everyone, but maybe something like that would work?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I needed to vent

Are you a writer at all? I lead workshops and seminars in publishing. I don't want to get all salespitchy at all, but I have a self-publishing webinar going live tomorrow. It walks people through the whole process, from start to finish and you can access it at any time. It's normally $99 but until tomorrow it's $39. If you are interested, I can sign you up for free. I have lots of friends who have been able to make extra cash by writing romance novels and fantasies. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I needed to vent

Most of the successful people I know don't have a college degree. Don't let that bother you! My income is a joke compared to their income and I went to college. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

• Love 1

@teapot I would love to find a company that would pay for me to get a degree! I have looked into online classes and certifications, I just kind of have to figure out which ones would benefit me more in the long run.

@mamadrama I wish I was a writer lol. I am definitely more of a reader, you mentioned in a earlier post that you have beta readers, I would not mind doing that if you need more. I do sincerely appreciate the offer for the webinar, that's very kind of you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts @druzy! I am definitely working hard and keeping at it, it's just frustrating some days. 

• Love 4

Loads of luck @MaggieG! I can't imagine trying to break in a real career. I write mostly for myself but take a class from time to time @mamadrama What time is your class? @MissMel I'm so sorry. I've been though that kind of crap and it sucks. I'm glad you found something to laugh at and brought it us though. Sending Love and Light your way ! Dusted one and all!   

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MaggieG said:

@teapot I would love to find a company that would pay for me to get a degree! I have looked into online classes and certifications, I just kind of have to figure out which ones would benefit me more in the long run.

@mamadrama I wish I was a writer lol. I am definitely more of a reader, you mentioned in a earlier post that you have beta readers, I would not mind doing that if you need more. I do sincerely appreciate the offer for the webinar, that's very kind of you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts @druzy! I am definitely working hard and keeping at it, it's just frustrating some days. 

Sure! I am ALWAYS needing beta readers. I have a paranormal cozy coming out soon and I'll definitely need some extra people to read through it. 

8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Loads of luck @MaggieG! I can't imagine trying to break in a real career. I write mostly for myself but take a class from time to time @mamadrama What time is your class? @MissMel I'm so sorry. I've been though that kind of crap and it sucks. I'm glad you found something to laugh at and brought it us though. Sending Love and Light your way ! Dusted one and all!   

It's a webinar so you can access it at any time. It never expires. You can also jump around in the curriculum. 

• Love 2

Oooooh, I want to be a beta-reader!!!

I am sorry I always miss all these posts. I have too many threads I'm involved in and this one seems to fall so low I never see it. Damnit. I'm sending good vibes to everyone, though!!!!

And lol@ the boards being down. it's the wooooooorst. 

• Love 6

You think our little green alien can be photoshopped to get this cup in hand?  Lol

I've decided I need to de-clutter.  Which is just a polite way of saying I need some sort of control over something in my life right now, so I'm getting rid of of a bunch of crap!  Printed one GiveBack Box label today and will be working on filling more Amazon boxes and sending them off as well.  Kinda feels good!  Plus, I'm going overboard for my son's 24th birthday this Sunday.  He'll be a husband by next year, probably with a new baby on the way by then.  So I'm being selfish and taking my last year available before his priorities change, which is a sweet thing to watch.  I'm loving it all! 

I'll probably pay for it on Monday, though.  It will be nice to rest after all this so it's all good.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Guys. I need to bitch. I got sick last summer and was down for almost 6 weeks. (Just my normal crap getting out of hand.) It put a damper on my marketing and writing so I didn't have any new books out from June until January. Barely did any marketing. As a result, I had a major sales slump which is something that we've been paying for over the past few months. My husband didn't get any classes at his university this spring so all we have are our royalties. I got paid by Amazon today and not only do I not have enough to cover all our bills (no car payment, car insurance or electric bill) but my birthday is tomorrow, my son's birthday is next week, and my mom's is the week after that. I just broke down today and cried and cried. I put together this self-publishing course and that's given me a couple extra hundred dollars that we are using for gas and groceries. I haveno idea where I'll find the rest. 

Last fall, my bank account was cleaned out by identify theft and we're also still trying to recover from THAT. I feel like it's just been one thing after the other. 

Next month is better. The month after that will be a LOT better. Book sales perked up in January so the royalties for later in the spring will take the edge off. Still, it is totally stressful to live like this, especially when there are 4 of us on one income that fluctuates so wildly from month to month. My husband has applied for everything coming and going but, right now, ALL the pressure is on me. I've been writing books like crazy, this is the second course I've put together in two months, and I've listed furniture online to sell. I am constantly trying to find money. I even considered applying for Food Stamps because we definitely qualify right now. Any extra money we get goes towards food for the kids before it goes to bills because THEY have to eat (if not us). 

Gah. It will get better. Right now, though, it's feeling kind of bleak. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, MissMel said:

You think our little green alien can be photoshopped to get this cup in hand?  Lol

I've decided I need to de-clutter.  Which is just a polite way of saying I need some sort of control over something in my life right now, so I'm getting rid of of a bunch of crap!  Printed one GiveBack Box label today and will be working on filling more Amazon boxes and sending them off as well.  Kinda feels good!  Plus, I'm going overboard for my son's 24th birthday this Sunday.  He'll be a husband by next year, probably with a new baby on the way by then.  So I'm being selfish and taking my last year available before his priorities change, which is a sweet thing to watch.  I'm loving it all! 

I'll probably pay for it on Monday, though.  It will be nice to rest after all this so it's all good.  

You are not being selfish- take advantage of this time. The best is yet to come. I have 2 older brothers and my nephews have an amazing relationship with my mother. You have so much happiness to look forward to. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, MissMel said:

That's not selfish at all! You're a loving mother and a (probably!) soon to be grandmother. Decluttering does feel great. I need to do more of it. I'd kept my childhood stuff in both my mum's and dad's houses, but now they're both gone my house has all my stuff, my mum's stuff, my dad's stuff, and my partner's stuff. I've gotten rid of a lot and there's no messy clutter, but it feels cluttered... in my mind? If that makes sense.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Guys. I need to bitch. I got sick last summer and was down for almost 6 weeks. (Just my normal crap getting out of hand.) It put a damper on my marketing and writing so I didn't have any new books out from June until January. Barely did any marketing. As a result, I had a major sales slump which is something that we've been paying for over the past few months. My husband didn't get any classes at his university this spring so all we have are our royalties. I got paid by Amazon today and not only do I not have enough to cover all our bills (no car payment, car insurance or electric bill) but my birthday is tomorrow, my son's birthday is next week, and my mom's is the week after that. I just broke down today and cried and cried. I put together this self-publishing course and that's given me a couple extra hundred dollars that we are using for gas and groceries. I haveno idea where I'll find the rest. 

Next month is better. The month after that will be a LOT better. Book sales perked up in January so the royalties for later in the spring will take the edge off. Still, it is totally stressful to live like this, especially when there are 4 of us on one income that fluctuates so wildly from month to month. My husband has applied for everything coming and going but, right now, ALL the pressure is on me. I've been writing books like crazy, this is the second course I've put together in two months, and I've listed furniture online to sell. I am constantly trying to find money. I even considered applying for Food Stamps because we definitely qualify right now. Any extra money we get goes towards food for the kids before it goes to bills because THEY have to eat (if not us). 

Gah. It will get better. Right now, though, it's feeling kind of bleak. 

It will get better. You are brilliant, right now you have a cash flow. Do what you have to do. There is a reason for government programs. When you are a best selling author your story will give hope to others. 

• Love 2