Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

So, they kick him off the rolls if he turns down a job? My husband works free lance, not as a truck driver but he has a right to turn down any job. What the fuck? 

Transportation is like that. 

1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Andrei: “If you hire me for this job and I refuse to do this job, will I still have this job?”

Boss, smiling patiently: “No.”

With a baby on the way, this is not the job for him right now.  

• Love 4

Andrei is lazy.  No ands if or buts about it.  Who goes on a job interview and inquire about turning down potential jobs?  For a man with a pregnant wife, he sure is being picky. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

With a baby on the way, this is not the job for him right now.  

With no job to support said baby, any job is the job for him right now. Men in the military miss the births of their children due to active duty plenty. What’s so special about Andrei?

• Love 3
Just now, brillia79 said:

With no job to support said baby, any job is the job for him right now. Men in the military miss the births of their children due to active duty plenty. What’s so special about Andrei?

I’m at the point with these two that I don’t believe any of it. A badly written telenova

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Owww ma legs said:

Pao ain’t never coming back, ever

Nope and she is taking the baby with her to hold for ransom for the rest of its life. Russ May beg parole after 18 years. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Funny, that’s not what I heard. Her dad said that if they left the house before all the work was done he would have to call a contractor. I’m sure Libby’s  dad gave them enough work to do for six months to a year. Her dad didn’t say on the phone that Andre hadn’t done any work on the house, and ad happy as he is to run Andrei into the ground,  I’m sure Libby’s dad would’ve pointed that out numerous times on the call. My understanding was an appropriate amount of work was done for the amount of time they live there, but her dad was guilty  about moving out early without all the work being done over the next six months to a year. And now he has to call the contractor to finish with Andre started. Poor Libby’s Dad.

Gee, I wonder if we are going to be as hard on the Americans on The 90 Days  The Other Way when they are all trying to adjust and acclimate to a totally foreign culture. It will be interesting to see how if we have the same expectations for the Americans in similar circumstances. I for one can’t wait. 

He may well have done work on the house, Libby certainly didn’t jump in and give her dad a run down of things that had been done, when her father complained. And she didn’t mention anything to her sister either. 

The lawn was the main topic of criticism. Was it a bit petty, yes I think so.

I like Andrei, Libby not so much. I wish Andrei had seen that she was a spoiled daddy’s girl before marrying her. 

The whole work in exchange for rent, especially in a family situation, is a recipe for disaster. Each person’s expectations can be wildly different.  Each may feel either used or held to unreasonable expectations. As Judge Judy would say , get it in writing. 

And if Americans go overseas to a foreign culture, they should be held to the same standards. Don’t be crying about how they left family and “their country” and don’t like the people, food or customs. 

• Love 4
Just now, brillia79 said:

He's an idiot. If trips last from one to 26 days, he could potentially accrue six months experience driving in a fairly short time frame, then he could have a regular route instead of being on call on the "spare" roster. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

My father was working three jobs. He worked for his brother, who owned a water works supply company, and was delivering pipe somewhere in Rhode Island the day I was born. There are LOTS of people who don't get to be there when their kids are born.  Service people. Doctors. Truck drivers, Airline pilots. Andrei needs to get a job. But you know Libby will whine him to death if he takes a job driving and can't be there to hold her hand. And her repellent coven of sisters would never let him hear the end of it. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I don't think Libby would allow him to be on the road for the birth of their baby. She's like that.

But her family would love it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So, they kick him off the rolls if he turns down a job? My husband works free lance, not as a truck driver but he has a right to turn down any job. What the fuck? 

I think the difference is that he doesn’t have a lot of experience. Better to take the jobs and get that minimum amount of experience with this company and hope they’ll like you enough to bring you on full time in 6-9 months. That seems to be the industry standard. Waiting to find a company that will hire him with less experience is wasting time.   He will make contacts and maybe network to a better job. 26 days on the road away from Libby and daddy might be a good thing. 

My folks always told me its easier to get a job when you have a job. If he turns it down and nothing else to his taste comes up,,,, he wasted all that experience he could have gotten. 

• Love 4

Is this show for real?  I went and cooked a whole dinner! I came back 40 minutes later and it is Larissa and Debbie in the car back from the courthouse. The last scene I saw was Larissa yelling....dismissed!

Debbie talking about.....No witnesses!

Debbie and Coltee just smart about a little something called....perjury! Filing false police reports. Etc. etc. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Ashley keeps saying the girl Jay was texting was "opposite " of her. Opposite mean black right? Is that what we're saying? The girl was black?

The opposite of Ashley would be black, nice figure and intelligent. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My father was working three jobs. He worked for his brother, who owned a water works supply company, and was delivering pipe somewhere in Rhode Island the day I was born. There are LOTS of people who don't get to be there when their kids are born.  Service people. Doctors. Truck drivers, Airline pilots. Andrei needs to get a job. But you know Libby will whine him to death if he takes a job driving and can't be there to hold her hand. And her repellent coven of sisters would never let him hear the end of it. 

This! I don’t think Andrei is lazy. Rather, he is caught between a need for a job and Libby and her smothering family’s  totally unreasonable expectations. They want him working a six-figure job 60 hours a week, but if he does that, he’s a total shit heel for abandoning his young wife and child. Much like Pedro, Andrei is living in a trick box where he can never do anything right. If he says blue, they will chime in and tell him he should’ve said red. And if he says red..... Just like family Chantel, family Libby does not want the marriage to succeed. The whole clan is hell bent on destroying it. Just like Chantel, Libby  is not strong enough or smart enough to fight back.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

She can FaceTime him during the birth. Tons of men miss the birth on one or all of their kids, The kids don’t remember.

Having a job and being able to support his family is more important. 

I’m sure her sisters will be there to do the skin to skin making the kid part of the female coven anyway. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Ashley keeps saying the girl Jay was texting was "opposite " of her. Opposite mean black right? Is that what we're saying? The girl was black?

Sounds like Michael, Sarah and Megan on Love After Lockup

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ashley you are trying to act like you are sincere calling this girl, you're in a bar with a group of gf's, sure you have good intentions.  If you can't trust your husband don't go looking elsewhere to give him credibility, you're an idiot.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Opposite meaning “fat” and in her estimation  “not as attractive”

• Useful 2
  • Love 5