Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The fact that a lot of people liked their dynamic. I'd say it was. Felicity/Rene Felicity/Curtis certainly haven't had as much come out of it like FL have. 

Felicity and Curtis were well received in the beginning. It was only last season when Curtis became irritating as an individual character that people became less interested in Felicity/Curtis and I feel like Rene/Felicity was as mildly well recieved as Felicity/Siren it's just that Rene doesn't have as many fans 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If it's literally all FF, then Oliver and Felicity have to be in it since SA and EBR contractually are in every episode.

They have to get paid regardless but they don't have to be in the episode though I think they will be. If anything I can see it being like 6x19 

27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Well. I don’t care about a BOP episode and I don’t want to watch an all flashforward episode so I’m very much meh about all of this tbh. 😂

Really, Beth. Thinking Dinah and the rest of the flashforward crew can carry a whole episode is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. 🙄

This is why I'm thinking Olicity and Diggle just may be showing up in FF that Episode OR Just maybe Maya is revealed to be Olicity Child that Episode. Then again Dinah gets way too much screen time this season so maybe Beth and Writers think the episode can survive just being all characters in the FF Episode 

8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If anything I can see it being like 6x19

Essentially yes, but that was my point. SA and EBR were still in 619, so they'll likely also be in 716. I can't imagine SA not being in an Arrow episode.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

In light of these spoilers, I'm going to continue with my speculation that the reason William feels abandoned is because his stepmom is nonsensically trying to be friends with a woman who played a role in the events leading to his mother's death. And I understand why the show feels like they need to attach Laurel to Felicity like a barnacle, but until they give me an in-character reason why Felicity would overlook this fact now that she's no longer desperately trying to get Oliver out of prison, it's always going to be a no for me.

• Love 6

If they are contracted for every episode then they appear in every episode. 

I think Felicity and BS has been generally well received and I think its due to a number of factors. The others have been idiots or assholes to Felicity. Felicity and BS have a lot of honest snark. They also have that whole opposite chemistry thing. It has worked enough for me to be a little sad at what could have been with Laurel. If they had just let Laurel be a villain in S2, if they had let Laurel be the snarky snide side character KC can play, if KC had actually adjusted what she wanted for Laurel, etc.

But BS only works as a villain. If you redeem her, she's just Laurel. KC brings the blank stare back and everything. Which means that she has reached the end of her shelf life.

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

In light of these spoilers, I'm going to continue with my speculation that the reason William feels abandoned is because his stepmom is nonsensically trying to be friends with a woman who played a role in the events leading to his mother's death. And I understand why the show feels like they need to attach Laurel to Felicity like a barnacle, but until they give me an in-character reason why Felicity would overlook this fact now that she's no longer desperately trying to get Oliver out of prison, it's always going to be a no for me.

I forget about this and then I remember and then I hate it all over again. This is why she can not be fully redeemed or ever be accepted by the Team.

And I really really really don't care about her sob story. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I'm amazed we don't have anything on the leads yet. It's so weird. 

I just want to know about Felicity’s storyline outside of Olicity and the flashforwards (which she’s not even in). But nada! 

11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I mean this would make sense and is logical...and because of this fact I'm guessing it won't be acknowledge in show. Especially since it would lead to questions about why Laurel is even on the show.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If they are contracted for every episode then they appear in every episode. 

Pretty sure Katie Cassidy was contracted for every episode S1-4, and it just happens in shows in general where they have people missing.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Pretty sure Katie Cassidy was contracted for every episode S1-4, and it just happens in shows in general where they have people missing.

There's a difference between Katie not appearing in every episode and Stephen, the guy playing the title character. It's his show.

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Or they re-negotiated some thing inbetween the season. Didnt Kc concentrate on her fashion blog thingy during s2 and was all over the fashion shows. Maybe she asked for some time also. 

2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

There's a difference between Katie not appearing in every episode and Stephen, the guy playing the title character. It's his show.

Like I said, I think he'll appear but he/ebr doesnt have to be in the episode if they dont need him to be. Of course he out of everyone will 99% be in it regardless.

Edited by Primal Slayer
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Like I said, I think he'll appear but he/ebr doesnt have to be in the episode if they dont need him to be. Of course he out of everyone will 99% be in it regardless.

I think SA and EBR have different contracts as the rest. Not all regulars are the same. 

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

They could always play some supposedly old video of Olicity and it would count.

For sure, and I picture that it could be that (either footage of them in that lair Felicity had, a message to William, a message to the new team, a message to Maya, etc.), but I'm just saying they have to physically show up in some form. So like even with Beth saying we'll get some answers, this means that they have to come in some form with appearances either with footage, a flashback in a FF, or and actual appearance and not just someone telling them something or them finding a note or more plans or something.

• Love 2

In [Episode] 10, actually, we see the Glades for the first time and we meet Rene (Rick Gonzalez) in the future, which is exciting. We get to see, as terrible as Star City is, the Glades is a booming city, and that's the happy place of the future. And Rene has a lot to do with that. 

https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-7-beth-schwartz-olicity-emiko-queen/ 

The Glades is supposed to be a city with a wall around it, cut off from the world.  How can it be a booming city?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The Glades is supposed to be a city with a wall around it, cut off from the world.  How can it be a booming city?

Again this is fuzzy and makes no sense (the show not you 😚)

Maybe it's walled from Star City which is a hole? Or it's walled off and runs on its own like Damien Darhk's fake corn field?

This is gonna be a hot mess like it usually is!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand what's going on there. It's a booming city walled surrounded by a desolate wasteland that's guarded by a vigilante resistance for...what now? What are they resisting if the city is walled off and people are living inside of it? I'm guessing it's run by shady business people that have ulterior motives that are endangering the citizens or something otherwise it doesn't make sense why anyone would still be fighting for Star City instead of just trying to move into the Glades (or far, far away). 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Is it just me or is Dinah super-punchable in that scene? Admittedly my Dinah-hate knows no bounds at this point but she was even smugger than I anticipated.

I'm not that crazy about the CSI either. You don't want the GA on the force? Fine. But he gave no indication of touching evidence. WTH, lady? Clearly, she'll ease up by the end of the episode, though, since Oliver will obviously be protecting her when the station goes boom. 

I appreciate that Lyla isn't reacting to Diaz, but can Argus as a not very good idea be any more obvious? Come on, make them the Big Bad, please. 

• Love 3

Also remember when Dinah was all 'the SCDP should handle things themselves and not go outside the system' when both Rene and Felicity asked her for help. But Oliver comes back and all of a sudden she's batting her eyelashes and saying ok. I mean somebody should really let Oliver know that the girl was willing to leave him in jail. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 8

Sigh. JH really needs some acting lessons. Is there any reason for her to be so smug and kinda flirty in that scene? No. And the rookie comment still annoys me, haha.

I'm already over this partnership if these are the kind of scenes to expect now. Yikes. 

32 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Sigh. JH really needs some acting lessons. Is there any reason for her to be so smug and kinda flirty in that scene? No. And the rookie comment still annoys me, haha.

I'm already over this partnership if these are the kind of scenes to expect now. Yikes. 

Not to mention Stephen is all stilted and stiff in that scene with her. I think he's allergic to any and all canary actresses when it comes to basic onscreen charisma. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Not to mention Stephen is all stilted and stiff in that scene with her. I think he's allergic to any and all canary actresses when it comes to basic onscreen charisma. 

Yeah, it was awkward. The whole thing just feels off and I can’t really explain why? 

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, it was awkward. The whole thing just feels off and I can’t really explain why? 

I think JH is too "on the prowl" with her acting and SA tends to look like he wants to flee when that happens (not just with JH, he was the same with the Susan woman).

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She's doing the same thing Katie would do. Trying to play the flirty banter girl in scenes that aren't intended or written to be played as such, against Stephen who is all no nonsense and gives virtually nothing back. Ergo awkwardness ensues. 

My guess is Juliana is trying to soften Dinah by making her appear more feminine or something but it just comes off like she's make sultry flirty eyes either at inappropriate men or inanimate objects like broken glass. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think JH is too "on the prowl" with her acting and SA tends to look like he wants to flee when that happens (not just with JH, he was the same with the Susan woman).

17 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

She's doing the same thing Katie would do. Trying to play the flirty banter girl in scenes that aren't intended or written to be played as such, against Stephen who is all no nonsense and gives virtually nothing back. Ergo awkwardness ensues. 

My guess is Juliana is trying to soften Dinah by making her appear more feminine or something but it just comes off like she's make sultry flirty eyes either at inappropriate men or inanimate objects like broken glass. 

Now that we've had almost 2 seasons of Dinah, I think JH's flirty acting is just her acting because she's basically like it all the time. I don't even know if she's doing it intentionally, I think that's just her? It's like when she swaggers into the crime scene or down the hallway. Who does that?! She needs to read the room/scene better, IMO. There are other moments where she reacts completely differently than the scene requires. It's weird.

I will laugh if this "partnership" consists of Oliver and Dinah going to crime scenes and Oliver running off to Felicity for help all the time though. Maybe he should just be working on his own with his wife, you know? The SCPD are useless! I genuinely don't really see the point of this storyline tbh. Unless, of course, that's where it's heading? Oliver realizing, again, that the Police are useless and he can't do things within the law? Otherwise I got nothing.

Edited by Guest
23 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I don't think she's trying to be feminine. I think she's trying to portray a confident, self-assured woman and well, this (sultry and flirty) is what we get instead. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Now that we've had almost 2 seasons of Dinah, I think JH's flirty acting is just her acting because she's basically like it all the time. 

Except when she's trying to play tough girl, then she just comes off as conceited instead. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Also remember when Dinah was all 'the SCDP should handle things themselves and not go outside the system' when both Rene and Felicity asked her for help. But Oliver comes back and all of a sudden she's batting her eyelashes and saying ok. I mean somebody should really let Oliver know that the girl was willing to leave him in jail. 

Would explain why she wanted Felicity to go back to Witness Protection which Felicity would obviously wasnt safe in. 

When the tech was giving Dinah the evidence I just kept thinking “She’s a vigilante, she was murdering people, she was working with GA. She gets to be Captain and look smug cause Oliver went to prison for her. Oliver gets treated like a criminal. A little self awareness would go a long way Dinah!” I hate this.

I don’t think JH realizes how she comes across at all. I think to her she’s playing Dinah as strong, confident and sexy. What she’s putting out there is arrogant, smug and smoldering. 

SA seemed to be acting in a different scene completely. Awkward.

5 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

After Oliver leaves Dinah just turns and makes flirty smiles at the broken glass. Clearly the girl needs to get out more.

I LOL’d at that. Cause it’s true.

• Love 12

JH and Dinah didn't really bother me in that scene, but I do agree that it seems like Dinah and Oliver were in two different scenes. Usually when he's the butt of the joke he moves on quickly or the person who's teasing him has a quick reply. The whole unamused stare and the "I'm kidding" were so awkward. That CSI can rot though. I'd love to see the aneurysm she'd have if she found out Dinah was letting him take her precious evidence to a third party for analysis LOL. Dinah seems like she knows it's a bad idea and is looking to the remaining glass to tell her she made the right choice. 

• Love 2

Those are the clips they’re using to hype the episode? Ouch. 

I really don’t get what Diaz supposedly knows that’s so important that he’s not rotting away in solitary for the rest of his life. If he actually tells them anything, 1) I bet Felicity could have found it out if they let her know what’s going on and 2) he’s going to do it at just the right time that he can then escape. 

Oliver’s basically like, “let me use my resources, aka, get away from you and go see my wife during the work day. You agree? Great! I’m gone.” 

• Love 4

I'd assume that too, but then it would be weird that the cast didn't meet him until 714 (or at least do Instagram exchanges), unless maybe he just shot something by himself or they shot his part for 712 during 714.

Edited by way2interested
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I will laugh if this "partnership" consists of Oliver and Dinah going to crime scenes and Oliver running off to Felicity for help all the time though. Maybe he should just be working on his own with his wife, you know? The SCPD are useless! I genuinely don't really see the point of this storyline tbh. Unless, of course, that's where it's heading? Oliver realizing, again, that the Police are useless and he can't do things within the law? Otherwise I got nothing.

This is the problem with the entire show, TBH. Felicity is the only character on the show who has skills that are essential to what Oliver's mission now that he's been outed. He doesn't actually need any of the other characters for anything anymore (if he ever did, which is highly debatable). Sadly, they've even managed to make Diggle superfluous to Oliver's mission in 6C and 7A. So now we're left with all these unnecessary characters taking up space and adding nothing of value to the narrative. Obviously, there are a bunch of BTS reasons for this, but the strain of accommodating so many pointless characters is really dragging the show down.

• Love 13

Maybe the new character is the "Mr. Midas" referenced in this audition video (or whatever his real name is on the show...

-- Vimeo audition videos for actor Ryan Oliva was posted. He read two short scenes for an unidentified Arrow role with another unidentified character. Scene 1: Reader (off-screen): "You're making a big mistake, man. You're stupid if you can keep coming [unintelligible words] like that." RO: "Stop talking. Or I'll use the tape. Him next." Reader: "What the hell?" RO: "28 seconds. Impressive. Let's try the leg next." Scene 2: RO: "Where's Mr. Midas?" Reader (off-screen): "He wasn't able to make it. But he sends his regards. I trust you were happy with your sample?" RO: "Very. We'll take as many of those bullets as you have to sell." (Dec. 20, 2018 Vimeo audition videos for Ryan Oliva, page 8 of Spoilers thread)

30 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I’m assuming the new character in the future is JJ. 

I want JJ in the Future to be like Maya towards Dinah. And also to Believe that Aunt Felicity would NEVER be bad 

• Love 4

DInah is just enjoying her position of power over Oliver too much even if she is in her way trying to tease and kid she comes off superior and gloating.  And while it makes all kinds of sense for a show called Arrow for Oliver to take the blood to Felicity, as a cop it makes no sense because the moment he takes it, they lose chain of custody and it can't be used in a court of law to prove anything.  Doesn't matter what they find, they can't use it to arrest Emiko.  I get that with the dumb Diaz working with ARGUS storyline going on they wanted to distance Oliver from that but it would make a 1000 time more sense for the GA to be working sanctioned under them than for the SCPD.  

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And while it makes all kinds of sense for a show called Arrow for Oliver to take the blood to Felicity, as a cop it makes no sense because the moment he takes it, they lose chain of custody and it can't be used in a court of law to prove anything.  Doesn't matter what they find, they can't use it to arrest Emiko.    

I guess Dinah was still hung over from her sorority party the day they learnt about chain of evidence in police school. 

• Love 1

Maybe she misses her vigilante days when chain of evidence didn't matter. And WTH is going on with the SCPD labs when it takes a week to get a blood sample run.  Maybe they could outsource it to 23AndMe.

13 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Is it just me or is Dinah super-punchable in that scene? Admittedly my Dinah-hate knows no bounds at this point but she was even smugger than I anticipated.

What, a clip with Dinah and CSI tech been insolent to Oliver didn't entice you to tune in for the episode? Not to mention the other clip of Diaz owning Lyla and Diggle?

Two less appealing clips would have been hard to find. I hope this isn't the best of the episode because if it is, Beth is doing a lot of promo for nothing.

9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I will laugh if this "partnership" consists of Oliver and Dinah going to crime scenes and Oliver running off to Felicity for help all the time though. Maybe he should just be working on his own with his wife, you know?

It really feels like Beth is grasping for straws for what to put on.  But honestly, I'd reather see the old ideas again when Oliver was a hero than these new ones with Dinah and a snotty junior tech giving Oliver orders. Where is Malcolm Merlyn when I need him?

7 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

This is the problem with the entire show, TBH. Felicity is the only character on the show who has skills that are essential to what Oliver's mission now that he's been outed. He doesn't actually need any of the other characters for anything anymore (if he ever did, which is highly debatable). Sadly, they've even managed to make Diggle superfluous to Oliver's mission in 6C and 7A. So now we're left with all these unnecessary characters taking up space and adding nothing of value to the narrative. Obviously, there are a bunch of BTS reasons for this, but the strain of accommodating so many pointless characters is really dragging the show down.

I thought I read that Beth is promising that the rest of the season will be a real group effort. Just no.

She also offered a glimpse of Rene "Wild Dog" Ramirez's life in the flash-forward storyline. "We're going to see him in [episode] 10, and he's living the good life in the Glades. We'll get to see how the Glades are completely different from Star City," she explained. "It's full of wealth. It's clean. There's no crime. And Rene has a big part of why the Glades is like that, so we'll get to that as well as his dynamic with his daughter Zoe, who has been helping Dinah fight crime in Star City secretly."

Wow, I'm so glad that Rene, the ax attacker, is living such a wonderful life in the Glades while Felicity and Oliver and missing and Felicity is the villain with William and everyone else putting her down.  How did you know just what I wanted to see, Beth?

Everyone associated with the show is talking about how Beth revitalized it and they're having much fun now. Okay then, I'm glad for you. But I'm not enjoying it at all.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 15