Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I just assumed the secret was the half-sibling thing, too. I doubt Oliver knows about her though.

This 'Diggle asking Curtis' to go undercover thing is gonna get on my last nerve. Just choke, Curtis. 

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Diggle asks Curtis to go undercover for Argus.....did this not already happen for next weeks episode? Was not that the same exact sentence in 7x03s synopsis?

Yes - did Chico forget to delete a sentence from her template or what?

• Love 4

Can Diggle send Curtis on a year(s)-long undercover operation please? 

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

At leaast it's consistent since Felicity found out about Thea back in s2.

At least this time, we won't have to get a "Felicity, you'll never lose me," followed by a lunge, followed by Felicity fading into the background for multiple episodes. (I may still be a bit bitter about 213/214/etc.) 

• Love 8
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Isn't the half-sibling thing too early to tease at this point if her reveal isn't coming for 3-5 episodes later? 

Maybe she just finds out that he/she exists, not any particular detail? The full reveal could come later.

Why cant Diggle go undercover? Or any of their usual undercover people? This is what annoys me when any of the Flarrow shows have someone join the work force, they become insta-important. Winn joins the DEO? Their top computer guy. Brainy joins DEO? Top computer guy. Thea/Rene join Olivers Mayor circle, top Mayor circle people. Curtis joins Argus? Top computer guy and now top spy guy.

• Love 5
Just now, Angel12d said:

Maybe she just finds out that he/she exists, not any particular detail? The full reveal could come later.

I guess. It just seems like it'd be more of a shock if we found out who she was when Oliver did. I guess maybe here they could be going for the surprise is that she's the new Green Arrow (although the title for 10 - if it's real - indicates that we don't even find out her name until then). 

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I guess. It just seems like it'd be more of a shock if we found out who she was when Oliver did. I guess maybe here they could be going for the surprise is that she's the new Green Arrow (although the title for 10 - if it's real - indicates that we don't even find out her name until then). 

I agree. But it wouldn't surprise me if Felicity just finds out that Robert had another child, nothing more than that, in 705. The fact that she's his half-sister and she's also GA can come later.

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I agree. But it wouldn't surprise me if Felicity just finds out that Robert had another child, nothing more than that, in 705. The fact that she's his half-sister and she's also GA can come later.

Maybe it's something about Robert having had some kind of secret life like with a secret "wife"  Then the kid thing could come out way later.  

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Diggle asks Curtis to go undercover for Argus.....did this not already happen for next weeks episode? Was not that the same exact sentence in 7x03s synopsis?

It seems like most of it apart from the secret parts could just have been copied and pasted from the last synopsis, like the "unlikely ally".

I'm assuming the secret Felicity finds out is about Emiko to parallel Thea but equally it could be something to do with what's happening in prison. 

42 minutes ago, Locutus said:

So, is this new Green Arrow going to be the future William, trained by Roy and his flip over car hoods? It's just that they faded away from future William to a sketch of NGA in the present? Maybe that's what Felicity is making sure will happen. Effect precedes cause. Just not sure who provides the time travel.

I'm going with misdirect. I don't think Arrow is touching time travel. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why cant Diggle go undercover? Or any of their usual undercover people? This is what annoys me when any of the Flarrow shows have someone join the work force, they become insta-important. Winn joins the DEO? Their top computer guy. Brainy joins DEO? Top computer guy. Thea/Rene join Olivers Mayor circle, top Mayor circle people. Curtis joins Argus? Top computer guy and now top spy guy.

Cause in this instance Arrow Writers have to shove POS NTA down our throats. Double Down on one of the worst parts of season 6

• Love 1

I truly suspect that the writers have some kind of illness where they hear what people like, and they do the opposite. "We hate the newbies and dont want to see them as much or anymore." "They love the newbies and want to see them more or all the time!" "Diaz is the worst villain this show has ever had, can he be gone now?" 'Diaz is the best villain this show has ever had, can he stay forever?" 

• Love 4

I mean, not completely. Olicity's a thing, the flashforwards really bank on whether people responded to the Queen family stuff, Roy's back, etc. I just think the writers legitimately just like the characters themselves and want to write them(as far as we know), which they are entitled to do.

25 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I mean, not completely. Olicity's a thing, the flashforwards really bank on whether people responded to the Queen family stuff, Roy's back, etc. I just think the writers legitimately just like the characters themselves and want to write them(as far as we know), which they are entitled to do.

Ill give them the credit for Keeping Olicity a thing and for intersting Flash fowards. But then they write things like last week where Felicity is all buddy Buddy teaming up with a Guy who sold out her hubby, swung an Ax at him before Her Hubby rightfully fucked him up and the other guy who was whining over her and Hubbys happiness, hacked into her friends chip in his arm to hurt him AND tricked her into ingesting Nanites to track her. Also writing Felicity to be at odds against a Man she s considered a brother and Best friend who she s known a lot longer. It's Ridiciouls what these writers do to try to force people to like Newbies. They shouldn't do it. Newbies should have to earn Felicity Oliver and Digs trust back not this Insta Forgiveness let's erase season 6 ugliness BS

Edited by jay741982
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Maybe if the Writers wouldn't do that shit it would be better 

You and the writers like or see things differently, shocker.

I didn't say what they wrote was good or that I liked it or that anyone had to like it, but that maybe everyone has a different definition of what is good or what is wanted.

• Love 1

EBR's answers to TV Guide just bummed me out about Olicity. The angst of them being apart was bad enough but it sounds like it's gonna get worse which DO NOT WANT. No thank you.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

EBR's answers to TV Guide just bummed me out about Olicity. The angst of them being apart was bad enough but it sounds like it's gonna get worse which DO NOT WANT. No thank you.

Same. I hate that those two are the ones suffering and that even when they're finally going to have and be with each other again, they're still going to be suffering.

Oh, and this made me so, so sad for Felicity:

How is she coping with working with the FBI when she's so used to Team Arrow?
Rickards: Nowhere is fun if you do it alone, and she has to do it alone. And you know, two heads are better than one, four heads are better than two. I don't know how you take on the world alone and think it was your best possible option. And it just feels like her only option right now, and I think that that's sad and also extremely dangerous.

Poor Felicity. Just makes me even more pissed off at the newbies and that stupid wine scene. "We have your back, Felicity. You don't have to do this alone, Felicity." Yeah, right. Stupid newbies. And pissed off at Diggle for choosing ARGUS over Felicity. 

• Love 4

I knew it wasn't gonna be sunshine and rainbows after he got out of prison but I really do not want a season of them in an angsty place. Le sigh.

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Poor Felicity. Just makes me even more pissed off at the newbies and that stupid wine scene. "We have your back, Felicity. You don't have to do this alone, Felicity." Yeah, right. Stupid newbies. And pissed off at Diggle for choosing ARGUS over Felicity. 

Yeah, it sucks she has to go it alone. She's as isolated as Oliver right now.

I just hope they don't have Diggle, the newbies, every single person in their lives, that random person they walk by on the street, etc. on Oliver's side and telling Felicity to "get over it" or anything along those lines, especially after they haven't seemed to care about her at all. I want to trust Beth, I do, but I still worry. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Tbh it just sounds like what everyone wanted after 623 in the first place.

Yeah, this doesn't sound too terrible to me. 

Hopefully her comment about where they are when the crossover comes around means that something happens during that that heals some of that fracture. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hopefully her comment about where they are when the crossover comes around means that something happens during that that heals some of that fracture. 

Yeah, with the comments about these episodes also supposed to act as partial mid season finales for each show (and DP mentioning it's like the first crossover where each show was more self contained), I think that's a possibility.

• Love 2

I'm not looking forward to Olicity angst but I always assumed it was coming.She broke up with him before for keeping important things from her, it would be unrealistic for her to just shrug off him keeping important things from her and completely upending their lives in the process. And I don't want the angst but I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed if she did just let it go. He decided to go to prison and send her and William away and she found out in crowd of people while he was being arrested (and as a friend died but that's not really on Oliver,) I want her to be able to react to that beyond the immediate devastation. She's already said she'll always wait for him so I'm guessing it's not divorce level angst, just things that need to happen/be said and then they move past it and I can live with that.

• Love 6

I’m thinking they work out the majority of their issues thru the crossover. The wording on that answer makes it sound like they are in a better spot now (I’m assuming now is 7x10). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Also, Beth would be committing some next level hilarious trolling if Maya, if she is, is revealed to be their kid around the same time.

Thinking in a tired, please don't do this trope mindset, maybe angsty temporary separation but Olicity kid reveal to keep people from quitting in droves because you know they get back together. 

But, after keeping Olicity separated until whenever Oliver gets out, to then pile on another separation would be beyond a huge mistake. 

• Love 4

My issue is there just seems to be a lot of angst going on. I'm glad they're hashing out their issues because it needs to be done but there has to be good with the bad, you know? Olicity are apart for 7/8 episodes and the reward for that is...more angst? That's not a good idea, Beth. Sorry. 

Edited by Guest

It depends on how they convey the angst. The s5 "ignore each other" angst was awful but I watch a series where the OTP were angsty after a big massive lie and there was lots of painful drunken sobbing by the female lead in the male lead's arms. It was soooooo good.

I'm totally on board for teary kisses and sad cuddles. Just not the s5 shit.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Thinking in a tired, please don't do this trope mindset, maybe angsty temporary separation but Olicity kid reveal to keep people from quitting in droves because you know they get back together. 

But, after keeping Olicity separated until whenever Oliver gets out, to then pile on another separation would be beyond a huge mistake. 

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I think the reveal during all of that is as likely to happen as anything. Although we've only been through 2 episodes, one thing that Beth seems to be doing so far is remembering to give the characters a "win" to balance out the dark drama that she seems to love. 701 has Oliver and Felicity being miserable but ends with them seeing each other, Felicity resolving to fight back, and Oliver beating up Diaz's guy. 702 has Oliver still in prison and Diggle and Felicity on different sides but still ends with Oliver being able to get what needed done without killing and Felicity and Diggle are able to stop Diaz's plan and part ways amicably and not angrily. This could all change in the upcoming episodes, but as a start out of the gate, it looks like it could be potentially a pattern for her season. With that being said, that could be her way of balancing any drama in the present (although one could argue him getting out of prison is the "win," but I would guess 707 wouldn't really focus much on it immediately)

• Love 6

Maybe EBR's enthusiasm is contagious but I'm excited to see these characters extend their ativities and emotions.  The "Oliver makes a decision on his own ... he learns he can't do it alone and rejoins his team .... only to decide next season he has to go it alone ..." was getting so old and tired.

• Love 5

If MG/WM were still the show runners I’d be much more worried about where they would go with a fracture. The one thing that’s always been missing from previous Olicity angst is having them talking though their issues and not just walk away or ignore everything. 

Oliver and Felicity are married this time around so I’m willing to give Beth the benefit of the doubt, but I know that I can’t sit through another S4B/S5A run of awful. 

• Love 3

I’m positive we’ll never get other LIs for either Oliver or Felicity again, so there’s that. So in that regard, we won’t have to sit through S5 awfulness again. 

I think what bugs me the most about Olicity angst coming up is that I don’t want Felicity near anyone else currently* on the show in present time except William and I don’t want to see her continue to be alone in any sense after Oliver’s out of prison since he’s actually someone on her side. So it’ll depend on what the Olicity angst is exactly and how long it lasts. 

*Please bring back Rory and Alena. 

• Love 7

I won't enjoy it if it just comes across as angst for the sake of angst, but this was what I was expecting from earlier talking points that his decision wasn't going to be swept under the rug etc and that's a good thing. And it happens to most established couples on angsty drama series. I just hope it's better than the BMD and S5 which followed it with everyone acting like Felicity should just get over it or pretending like they'd never been more than colleagues. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5

Honestly I find in interviews Emily is usually not very optimistic or great at talking up storylines esspecially about Olicity, remember when she acted like she'd rather have a root canal then see Felicity pregnant or her comments about Felicity and Ray. So I just assume she's following the Wendy Mericele  Marc Guggenheim play book of making things sound the worst way possible and overly cynical but in reality it's probably not that bad and is like 6x18 type "angst". If Stephen starts making things sound like the end of days for Olicity then I might be worried but as of now I'm expecting that any angst isn't going to be terminal or long term. 

I find Stephen's general attitude quite a good indicator of whether Olicity is headed for disaster or not as well. He was imo very sour end of S4/S5 when they broke up and the new LIs were added. 

If he's pretty chilled when asked about Olicity I tend to think it's probably not going to be that bad.

I will love it if it's the S3 type of angst (obviously this time without a LI) full of longing looks and very much in love but feeling tortured.

The more I think about it, up until 519 I wouldn't even call it angst. More like blatantly ignoring they had a relationship and acting like cool strangers. That was some weird/bad shit! 

• Love 4

I like the idea of olicity angst when Oliver gets out of prison.I prefer it to Felicity ignoring the fact that he basically did a similar thing to when she broke up with him,he made a huge decision that affects her without consulting her at all.So I feel like some angst is earned.I just hope Oliver actually does apologize this time.

I don't think it's going to last long tho or lead to a separation or anything.I'd be surprised if they went there after Oliver and Felicity's main motivation in the first part of the season was to get back to each other.But a few episodes of tension and argument and sort of getting used to being back together after everything makes sense to me.

What I really hope they don't mess up is their reunion.When you separate your couple for that long then a big emotional reunion is basically a must imo.So I hope they don't introduce the angst right away and they get a happy moment when he's out of prison.The way they handled their scene in 7.01 makes me pretty optimistic tho.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't think it's going to last long tho or lead to a separation or anything.I'd be surprised if they went there after Oliver and Felicity's main motivation in the first part of the season was to get back to each other.But a few episodes of tension and argument and sort of getting used to being back together after everything makes sense to me.

Yeah. In the prison scene, she told him, "I will always, always wait for you." She's obviously not leaving him. But I'm greatly relieved that the show is actually going to deal with the impact of Oliver's choice on their relationship. I would be so pissed if they just swept it under the rug, the way they've done with the civil war. 

I love that Emily described what happens in their relationship as a "fracture," because fractures heal and grow back stronger. They're gonna be fine, but I don't mind some angst while they adjust to being back together after so many months of separation. Emily and Stephen do angst so well. I'm ready for them to slaughter all my emotions.

• Love 7

I just don't want them having Felicity putting sole blame on Oliver this is why I'm pissed they swept S6 under the rug. Felicity SHOULD NOT be fist bumping Rene who got the ball rolling towards Oliver being in Prison, or being Friends with him, Curtis and Dinah like she is. She should have a strained relationship with them at best

I get your frustration @jay741982 but I feel like she would be harder on Oliver than anyone else. 

He's got a history of making big decisions without her, promised her he'd change, did the dumbass go at it alone stint in S6 and shut her out. Finally he goes off and makes a deal with the FBI and she finds out as he's getting arrested.  

As much as the N00bs are total and utter trash, they are insignificant trash that can sit at landfill. IMO they don't matter that much in her world.

The love of her life has once again disappointed her in a big way. I totally buy her being just focused on that because he's the most important thing in her life. He has the capacity to hurt her the most and has hurt her. 

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I just don't want them having Felicity putting sole blame on Oliver this is why I'm pissed they swept S6 under the rug. Felicity SHOULD NOT be fist bumping Rene who got the ball rolling towards Oliver being in Prison, or being Friends with him, Curtis and Dinah like she is. She should have a strained relationship with them at best

But Oliver isn’t in prison because of the newbies. He walked free from those charges thanks to Human Target. He’s in jail now because he went to Watson and agreed to go to prison in exchange for the FBI capturing Diaz. That IS all Oliver’s fault. She should put the blame on him only. 

• Love 13

If they go into the crossover with tension and whatever happens in Elseworlds makes them stronger as a couple, then that’s what — 2 or 3 episodes of angst? (I’m assuming 707 is more about getting out of prison and any fallout won’t start until 708.) If so, I’m ok with that. It seems like an appropriate amount of time for them to deal with the repercussions of Oliver making yet another unilateral decision instead of the writers just sweeping it under the rug, yet not too long that it starts to get grating or worrisome about their future. 

I just hope that it’s more awkward, unspoken tension/getting used to each other again, rather than full-on fighting or living apart. I also hope that it’s not all about Oliver’s decision because that could lead to a “Felicity just needs to get over it” backlash. It would be more interesting if it was a range of stuff they were trying to deal with at once — new living arrangements, Oliver adjusting to life outside prison/being outed, Felicity dealing with how dark she had to get, Oliver feeling left out that Felicity and William became a cohesion family unit without him, etc.

Speaking of William, has that actor been seen on set since 701? I know they were shooting in a school and everyone assumed it would be about him, but was that confirmed? I very much hope they pick him up from boarding school as soon as they can.