Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

So Rene’s going to be part of the future team, too? Ugh, I thought we’d at least get rid of him in the future. 

At least we can look forward to him, too, learning that Oliver and Felicity didn’t trust him enough to tell him they had a daughter. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

What in the PG-13 Eyes Wide Shut Hell is that?

Who's beside Rene and Dinah?

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So Rene’s going to be part of the future team, too? Ugh, I thought we’d at least get rid of him in the future. 

At least we can look forward to him, too, learning that Oliver and Felicity didn’t trust him enough to tell him they had a daughter. 

Well yeah you think these writers are going Have Rene and Dinah as baddies in the future? Not happening sadly 

Edited by jay741982
21 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Do we know for sure that Rene wasn't aware? Dinah didn't mention him when she admitted she didn't know.

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

ETA: Casting for adult Zoe is such a fail. She's got this really vacant look all the time. Like she's spacing out for lunch. I don't even pay much attention to her but she looks so not there.

It's extra sad since I really liked young Zoe.  She was frequently a better actor than the adults around her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Mia: "So, you're the one who swung an axe at my father?"

William: "You can punch him later." 

Mia: "I can punch him now and later. 

7 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'll be honest that pic does not look like a group of good guys 

Yeah, before seeing Roy, I assumed things were right in the world and Dinah joined Rene's shadowy kabal, and the show was no longer trying to gaslight me that they're the good guys. Still hoping this could be the case and Roy is just duped. 

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's extra sad since I really liked young Zoe.  She was frequently a better actor than the adults around her.  

Oh, young Zoe is great. Natural and vibrant. 

• Love 3

I was watching the last Olicity scene in this week's ep where Felicity was checking to see if she was showing yet and it made me so sad.

I think she would have loved to walk around with a giant bump but now it looks like she has to go into hiding which breaks my heart! 

I really need them to rewrite the future!!!!!!!

• Love 1

Connor and Mia are so beautiful I can't even.  Given how dreary and horrible the future is, I can't believe how much I enjoy the flash forwards (although Dinah does nothing for me in present or future).

• Love 1

I wonder if the point of 716 will be Mia becoming Enemy number 1 of the SCPD and Starting a Journey to replacing her Dad as GA.  And I'm sorry that pic of Rene Dinah and Roy really looks like a Bad Guy reveal. UGH show you can make Rene and Dinah baddies but dont do that to Roy!

Edited by jay741982
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

Hmmm, titles often have multiple applications within the episode so while I'm expecting a lot of it to be about Emiko coming clean about Dante, I wonder what other confessions we might get?

5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Hmmm, titles often have multiple applications within the episode so while I'm expecting a lot of it to be about Emiko coming clean about Dante, I wonder what other confessions we might get?

If the FF didn't say otherwise, I would have assumed the team finds out Olicity are having a baby, but now I think it's something to do with Roy/reasoning for Oliver to set up that Mark of Four thing.

Pregnant lady out in the field!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE

I walked two active dogs, twice a day up until 3 days before my due date (almost killed my husband with stress, he used to circle the neighbourhood in the car to spy on me) so I am totally excited at the prospect that they might have her running around! Not all pregnant ladies have swollen ankles and can't dash about! 

• Love 2

If TPTB plan to kill off Oliver permanently in COIE and not bring him back, I just saw something that, if true, might change their minds in the new Avengers: Endgame trailer that Marvel released yesterday...

Spoiler

In that trailer, there's a (flashback?) scene of Hawkeye teaching his young daughter how to shoot a bow and arrow. If that scene foreshadows Hawkeye's death, leaving behind his archer daughter as his legacy, then I could see TPTB not wanting it to look like they're copying Marvel by having Oliver die, leaving behind his archer daughter as his legacy. This is just speculation on my part, of course. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't think they really care about copying each other, since Marvel and DC copy each other all the time (Civil War was because Batman V Superman was coming out, AoS did a flash forward mystery of who will die in the future right after Arrow did it in s4, Arrowverse has referenced Marvel a bunch of times, Arrow did more long take fight scenes after Daredevil, Iron Fist--or at least the trailer--was going off of Arrow s1, Arrow introduced an Iron-Man looking shrinking hero--even if Ray didn't shrink, that's still the comic lore--right when Ant-Man was coming out, etc.) That and

Spoiler

Pretty sure that's only the very beginning of the movie to set up the snap when Hawkeye's family disappears and that's when he becomes Ronan. That and to set up Kate Bishop/Katherine Langford's character/Young Avengers, not necessarily Hawkeye's death. Marvel can't even commit to killing off War Machine, so I have my doubts that Hawkeye's dying at all especially after wasting him this whole time. The real comparison would be if they actually kill off one of the main 3, and even then I doubt TPTB would change since the set-ups and stories are different.

• Love 2

AP just left Vancouver yesterday (he's probably going back and forth because he has other projects)...

Posted late last night or early this morning...
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

FYI - I was going to post this in the Social Media thread but wasn't sure if the Olicity birth pic from the aired 716 promo was still considered a spoiler...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Per IMDb, 716 guest cast list now includes the following: 

Michelle Brezinski    ...    Community Leader
Raj Paul                    ...    Kevin Dale
Lisa Summers           ...    Doctor
Orin McRey              ...    Tattoo Artist

Trivia: Michelle Brezinski played Simone St. Clair in S2 of Riverdale.

That photo DR posted made me realize how much I missed Felicity in a ponytail. Now if she wears a dress every once in a while, I'll be happy. (I don't hate her new look as much as I hate Oliver's; I just always loved her pre-season season 7 style and I think she'd rock the cutest maternity dresses.)

• Love 5

I prefer her hair down now, though I do really miss the S1-early S3 ponytail, which was glorious. But I'm 100% with you on missing her dresses. And I really covet those boots she's wearing in the BTS photos from 720.

I'm so excited and not ready for tonight's episode. I'm excited for the birth scene, obviously, and I hope we get at least a brief glimpse at Oliver being adorable with Mia before he disappears (because I don't think he's dead in the future despite what the show wants us to believe). I'm super excited for Mia and William to find Felicity. But I'm not ready to find out what goes so wrong in the future that it leads to the Queens' separation and all the shitty things that follow for the next 20 years. And I'm also bracing myself for more Dinah/Rene/Roy/Zoe, which I could totally live without. Here's hoping I won't need therapy by 9 pm!

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Mia's quite the dramatic angsty teen adult XD. 

Between her mom's goth phase and her dad's . . . everything, is it any wonder?  😄

Since Felicity obviously knows about the Blackstar thing, I like to imagine that when Mia explained why she got the tattoo, Felicity rolled her eyes and smiled about how deep the drama Queen genes run.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4