Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I really hope the show undoes this bleak-as-shit future sooner rather than later. Seeing the happy present juxtaposed with the dumpster fire future is too much. It would be nice to be able to enjoy these scenes without that huge-ass cloud hanging over them. I'm glad Oliver at least gets to be there for Mia's birth - it would be nice if Sara could pop in and let them know where everything went wrong so they could avoid everything bad that happened after. 

I still don't get how Dinah didn't know about Mia or remember a stretch of time where Felicity fucking disappeared off the face of the earth, LOL.

• Love 10

Yeah, I'm so confused. So Oliver and Felicity leave SC to have Mia. Does Oliver then go back and forth from SC to wherever Felicity and Mia are going to be and no one questions where Felicity is? Do both Oliver and Felicity just leave SC behind and then Oliver has to return for COIE and then he dies and no one wonders what happened to Felicity? No one tries to reach out to her? (Actually, that makes sense, given how no one seemed to care about her in 7A when Oliver was in prison.)

Then Felicity returns to SC at some point later, without telling anyone who Mia is, and then reconnects with Dinah long enough for Dinah to then go, "she went evil!" in the FFs? 

I DON'T GET HOW THIS ALL FITS TOGETHER. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I'm so confused. So Oliver and Felicity leave SC to have Mia. Does Oliver then go back and forth from SC to wherever Felicity and Mia are going to be and no one questions where Felicity is? Do both Oliver and Felicity just leave SC behind and then Oliver has to return for COIE and then he dies and no one wonders what happened to Felicity? No one tries to reach out to her? (Actually, that makes sense, given how no one seemed to care about her in 7A when Oliver was in prison.)

Since we're getting to see Mia's birth in the next episode, I'm guessing that unless the timeline somehow changes it isn't happening next season and will happen sometime over the summer? Then - unless the timeline somehow changes, Felicity's just off with a baby in a cabin in the woods and no one remembers that chunk of time she wasn't around? Or maybe they're just showing the timeline as it is now and when COIE rolls around they reset the future and Mia is born soon after and we see that the future has been changed? 

I’m surprised we’re getting a birth scene in S7. Doesn’t this mean we won’t need to see it in S8? Kinda lines up with what I’ve been thinking anyway but takes the shine off the happy. 

Oliver’s face when she gives birth though. KILL ME. Happiest I’ve ever seen him. Excuse me while I cry. 😭

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7

I am summoning all of my years of being a veteran at watching tragic chinese series endings so I can be zen if Arrow ends badly. They may just go out with a full on tragedy so SA and EBR can act their hearts out. Think death version of "Well let's not say goodbye."

I don't want it but I am preparing for it! 

That promo was really gorgeous and bittersweet.

23 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, I didn't notice that was an apple the arrow was shooting at. Kid Mia must get bored in that house XD

I was dazed from the promo and thought some baddie shot down their house (cue my internal cries of Oh No, Not Again!!!!) until I realised it was an arrow and an apple meaning probably Kid Mia! 

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I’m surprised we’re getting a birth scene in S7. Doesn’t this mean we won’t need to see it in S8? Kinda lines up with what I’ve been thinking anyway but takes the shine off the happy. 

I'm wondering if next season we are going to get a different kind of timeline rather than the mostly real time thing.  7A had a several episodes happening over a handful of days, I could see them fast forwarding to right before the crossover is to happen and just play stuff out leading up to it.  Maybe not for the whole season but maybe?   

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Lol, I didn't notice that was an apple the arrow was shooting at. Kid Mia must get bored in that house XD

I actually bought this as they were selling it and thought the final episode needs a mirror scene of it. Audience freaks out and then William pops up. Felicity, tell her not to shoot in the house. She almost hit mylaptop!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, way2interested said:

Which means we may just get Mia showing some Archery skills in the FF! I'm still holding hope she Dons the Green Hood by the end of the season

• Love 1

I wonder who is in the cabin helping deliver the baby (because you can clearly see a female hand passing the kid to Felicity)? Maybe it’s Lyla or Dr. Schwartz doing a housecall, but if Laurel’s the one who ends up delivering the Olicity tot I will laugh and laugh...

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I wonder who is in the cabin helping deliver the baby (because you can clearly see a female hand passing the kid to Felicity)? Maybe it’s Lyla or Dr. Schwartz doing a housecall, but if Laurel’s the one who ends up delivering the Olicity tot I will laugh and laugh...

Imdb lists a random actress as "Doctor," so I'm guessing it's her.

• Love 3

I get the feeling that Beth watched Escape from New York one night and said hey this would be cool.  Unfortunately she forgot that while the move took place in the now Maximum Security City of NY Prison the rest of the country had gone to crap as well.  It's really, really hard for me to buy a situation where SC and ONLY SC is living some post apocalyptic hell hole situation while the sun is shining on The Glades and EVERYWHERE else in the country!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys which ep was the one where there was a doll on set and we were speculating whether it was for Arrow or leftover from the Flash set?

-- On Feb. 13, 2019, Arrowverse_DC tweeted partially covered pic of sleeping baby doll in round cooking pot, with comment: "This is a... oh... this on set is a... ooooohhhh...." and, when asked if it was the Olicity baby, Arrowverse_DC tweeted: "Do not know. But it's for episode 718." Arrowverse_DC also tweeted: "This doll is equal to what they did to be the baby girl Jenna West in the flash.?? It may just be a baby in a scene... but it's in the studio." (arrowverse_DC tweets, page 96 of Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread)
-- On Feb. 14, 2019, Arrowverse_DC tweeted clear pic of sleeping baby doll in round cooking pot, with comment: "In the studio last night. #Doll [green arrow emoji] [bow and arrow emoji]." (arrowverse_DC tweet, page 10 of Spoilers thread and page 98 of Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

I could see SA pushing for a birth scene because of his IRL young daughter. Which was why he was so excited about the awful BMD. I could see them showing Mia's birth as part of a consolation prize for Oliver/us because he's dying or still pushing the tragedy of it all because he's not and they want a gotcha. Could go either way. 

4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I could see SA pushing for a birth scene because of his IRL young daughter. Which was why he was so excited about the awful BMD. I could see them showing Mia's birth as part of a consolation prize for Oliver/us because he's dying or still pushing the tragedy of it all because he's not and they want a gotcha. Could go either way. 

When they were producing the episode, SA was still planning on not returning for s8 while Mia is born in September/October, so I think it was literally just because they wanted to make sure they could do the scene while they still had SA (and fulfill the contract of SA being in every episode) and nothing to do with the actual storyline.

If you had told me at the beginning of the season I would be looking forward to the All Flash Forward episode, I would have called you crazy. 

Heartbreak or not, I want it now.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

When they were producing the episode, SA was still planning on not returning for s8 while Mia is born in September/October, so I think it was literally just because they wanted to make sure they could do the scene while they still had SA (and fulfill the contract of SA being in every episode) and nothing to do with the actual storyline.

I thought SA planned to do a few episodes of S8 (when they hoped the season would continue without him probably for 22 episodes) but then they only recently decided to end the show with 10 episodes? I honestly can’t remember, haha.

Because I still think it’s odd to have the birth in S7 and it actually has me worrying about Felicity being in S8. Seeing the birth next week means they don’t have to show it next season. 

I am confusion. I don’t know what to think anymore tbh. 🤔😩

• Love 2

Could Siren kill Bronze Tiger to keep Emiko secret? I have no idea why she would but they were trying to do something in that Siren/Emiko scene.

We know that Mia is with Felicity in Star City, could Dinah leave town at the end of the season and come back in S8 after Mia is born and hidden?

I think the birth was always going to be shown as a flashback, whether in S7 or S8.  7.08 Unmasked cuts from Olicity making love to Mia’s introduction as Blackstar.  It aired in early December. With her birth happening during hiatus they can limit or avoid Emily having to wear whatever it’s called while filming.  

19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I thought SA planned to do a few episodes of S8 (when they hoped the season would continue without him probably for 22 episodes) but then they only recently decided to end the show with 10 episodes? I honestly can’t remember, haha.

Because I still think it’s odd to have the birth in S7 and it actually has me worrying about Felicity being in S8. Seeing the birth next week means they don’t have to show it next season. 

That deal for SA to come back in s8 wasn't made until semi-recently (end of Feb at the earliest), 716 was written/shot back in January/early Feb and likely was/still is being used as a sort of a test-run for what would have been/might be a spinoff. He wasn't going to come back at all (he said that after s7 he was moving on), GB convinced him to come back to s8 if it was the last season and then they all agreed on a 10 episode ending. Showing it in 716 for them was guaranteeing that they can have a birth scene when they weren't guaranteed SA in the future is what I was saying. Seeing it in 716 does mean that the don't have to show it next season (and that they'll probably change Mia's birthday to September) but I think it was because they weren't fully set on whether s8 would be following Oliver or not back then, not about what it means right now.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I go back and forth on EBR coming back for S8. I think she is coming back, I’m not convinced it’s for the full order. 

I think the Flash Forward kind of tilts things. They are clearly putting an effort into establishing Mia’s life. Starting at the beginning makes sense. The circumstances of her birth are not normal. 

They also could be taking advantage of that and showing this stuff now so they don’t have to devote time to it during SAs short episode contract. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

That deal for SA to come back in s8 wasn't made until semi-recently (end of Feb at the earliest), 716 was written/shot back in January/early Feb and likely was/still is being used as a sort of a test-run for what would have been/might be a spinoff. He wasn't going to come back at all (he said that after s7 he was moving on), GB convinced him to come back to s8 if it was the last season and then they all agreed on a 10 episode ending. Showing it in 716 for them was guaranteeing that they can have a birth scene when they weren't guaranteed SA in the future is what I was saying. Seeing it in 716 does mean that the don't have to show it next season (and that they'll probably change Mia's birthday to September) but I think it was because they weren't fully set on whether s8 would be following Oliver or not back then, not about what it means right now.

The decision to end Arrow was made recently but I think they had SAs deal for S8 made much eariler. They had to know they had him when writing the crossover. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I go back and forth on EBR coming back for S8. I think she is coming back, I’m not convinced it’s for the full order. 

I think the Flash Forward kind of tilts things. They are clearly putting an effort into establishing Mia’s life. Starting at the beginning makes sense. The circumstances of her birth are not normal. 

They also could be taking advantage of that and showing this stuff now so they don’t have to devote time to it during SAs short episode contract. 

I think she will, unless she's even more done than SA as it's such a limited season. At least for a few episodes and goodness knows what state the FFs and the timeline of leaving SC will be in by then. She might only appear in the FFs I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The decision to end Arrow was made recently but I think they had SAs deal for S8 made much eariler. They had to know they had him when writing the crossover. 

The timeline itself is all contradictory since he himself said that he was intending on moving on at the end of the season but then back in fall saying that he would totally stay on for s8 if they get it (and the time he refers to doing a limited run is then when he refers to ending the show with 10 episodes) Regardless, I still think they had the birth in 716 because of the guarantee of him being there at the time and the convenience of putting SA into the plot and not to do with s8 specifically.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I see. 

I’m basically just trying to figure out if the birth is happening in S7 because they weren’t sure he’d be around or because EBR isn’t gonna be around. But IDK now.

31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I’ll take her coming back for some episodes over nothing at all. So fingers crossed! 

Edited by Angel12d
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I’m convinced we are getting a future rewrite and a happy ending for Oliver which is why I’m sure Felicity will be there.

Even without that ...Every sign of the FF Felicity points towards Star City. 

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

This theory that EBR is leaving honestly makes no sense. And after the last 10 episode were announced i thought that speculation would have been done with. But its the same thing every year. 

Heh it does, like clockwork. It does get a bit convoluted, but everything is about the show at the moment. I guess the theory is Mia is born and hidden and Felicity showing up in the FFs this season is a way to have her alive if EBR had told them she was done but before it was agreed this was a very limited final season. 

9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

This theory that EBR is leaving honestly makes no sense. And after the last 10 episode were announced i thought that speculation would have been done with. But its the same thing every year. 

This is actually the first time I think it does make sense. It explains a lot, IMO. I just hope it’s worry for nothing, as usual. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This is actually the first time I think it does make sense. It explains a lot, IMO. I just hope it’s worry for nothing, as usual. 

How does it explain it? I really wanna hear it Because what i see is Olicity going away together for the hiatus. 

Edited by Velocity23
38 minutes ago, way2interested said:

When did he post on Facebook that he'd be back for S8 if Arrow got renewed?  I think that date is key

My guess based on SA's Facebook live is that

S6 SA tells Berlanti he's done when his contract is up at end of S7

Summer between S6/7?  SA gives a verbal agreement to Belanti and Co that he will come back for some episodes in S8, number to be determined.  They had to know he'd be back at least for COEI which was already set up and pitched along with S7 crossover. 

SA/WB/Berlanti agree in Jan/Feb to a 10 episode deal 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

How does it explain it? I really wanna hear it

Okay! Mia doesn’t know anyone and no one knows about her either. For 20 years. This is possibly because Felicity stays in hiding for the foreseeable. (I know she comes back and builds Smoak Tech but that could happen years ahead, which we’d never have to see.) Also it could be we’re seeing the birth now rather than next season (I think we all expected an 801 birth) because EBR won’t be around to film it. 

I’m very happy to be wrong btw! But that’s my speculation/worry. 

Edited by Angel12d
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Okay! Mia doesn’t know anyone and no one knows about her either. For 20 years. This is possibly because Felicity stays in hiding for the foreseeable. (I know she comes back and builds Smoak Tech but that could happen years ahead, which we’d never have to see.) Also it could be we’re seeing the birth now rather than next season (I think we all expected an 801 birth) because EBR won’t be around to film it. 

I’m very happy to be wrong btw!

That is not true though. All we know she does not know Dinah and Roy. We know she is aware of John Diggle. Or we seeing the birth now because it was always plan like that. Especially with how the FF story was set up. If a FF episode is taking place they have to include Oliver in it somehow. And they will not show them in 2040 at least for now. And Oliver still have to have a significant role since he is the father of Mia. 

It would kind of also suggest that Oliver left his pregnant wife go off alone. With no one at her side. Which we know is not the case. Because he is there at birth and other events. 

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

When did he post on Facebook that he'd be back for S8 if Arrow got renewed?  I think that date is key

My guess based on SA's Facebook live is that

S6 SA tells Berlanti he's done when his contract is up at end of S7

SA gives a verbal agreement to Belanti and Co that he will come back for some episodes in S8, number to be determined.  they had to know he'd be back at least for COEI which was already set up and pitched along with S7 crossover. 

SA/WB/Berlanti agree in Jan/Feb to a 10 episode deal 

I think it was back in Sept/October, it was after his whole stint during the summer when he was bringing up how his contract was up after s7 and someone asked him about it. That makes sense, but I just wonder how much certainty or idea they had about framing s7/s8 back during the spring/summer (when for all purposes SA was leaving at the end but maybe showing up for the crossover) and during framing and filming the crux of reveals and twists for this year (when for all purposes SA could appear but they have to switch focus to someone else now, Emiko, the team, FF, etc.) without his full participation and the intention to wrap up the series like they have now.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything to be worried about as far as Emily being around next season. She said in her IG post last week that she's nervous and excited for how things will wrap up next season, and Beth responded that the best is yet to come. And honestly, I don't think Stephen would've even agreed to the 10 episodes in S8 if Emily wasn't going to be around too.

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't remember the date, but I feel like it was before the season even started, because there was so much speculation about his contract.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

SA wanted out after S7, why is it crazy to think EBR could have had the same thought?

Normally I don’t pay attention to the theories, but I can see how the Flash Forwards could explain an absence if they wanted too.

I really think she’s coming back (esp with the short order and Beth’s comment on her IG post), but I don’t begrudge anyone for theorizing this time that she might not.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Honestly, I don't think there's anything to be worried about as far as Emily being around next season. She said in her IG post last week that she's nervous and excited for how things will wrap up next season, and Beth responded that the best is yet to come. And honestly, I don't think Stephen would've even agreed to the 10 episodes in S8 if Emily wasn't going to be around too.

I don't remember the date, but I feel like it was before the season even started, because there was so much speculation about his contract.

there were also crew members commenting on Emilys post saying they hope they can work on the last season. 

• Love 1