Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Trisha said:

This pretty much implies that Oliver and Felicity had no choice but to send Mia away and keep William at a distance for their safety. Which sucks. I can’t sit through pregnancy cuteness knowing this is how it ends up. (I mean, I totally will, but it’ll be a bummer.) We need a hint soon that the future can still change! 

I'm more thinking that William is the one left out rather than Mia with her parents.  Like maybe WIlliam ends up going to school in Switzerland or something weird like that.  

I wouldn't rule out them deleting Mia's digital presence from the world though.  If they didn't see William often, not telling him would keep Mia safe. Or maybe there's a faked death sitch coming up. It will be DRAMA but I'm leaning toward Beth knowing her audience enough to imply the worst and then making it more palatable.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If Oliver is still around/alive in the FFs, why did Mia ask William if he dated Felicity? That bit was odd (though “eww! I’m gay and she’s my mom!” is a great line).

Dammnit I hate it when we get a reality check 😂

Cannot even have a day of peace on this show 😅

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If Oliver is still around/alive in the FFs, why did Mia ask William if he dated Felicity? That bit was odd (though “eww! I’m gay and she’s my mom!” is a great line).

They may have simply liked that line from William and that was the only way to use it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm still going with everything is a lie. Although, to be honest I thought she was just being snarky.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

She asked him that BEFORE Finding out he called Felicity Mom. Then she knew she was his sister cause of same dad Duh. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You’re right - I’m sorry! Let’s enjoy the pregnancy glow and talk FFs later. Olicitot FTW!! 😚

Just now, Trisha said:

You’re right - I’m sorry! Let’s enjoy the pregnancy glow and talk FFs later. Olicitot FTW!! 😚

Lol it's not your fault! Most of us are trained to think like this by the writers after all these years! 

But yes let's relish in our OLICITOT for now!!!!!!!! 

• Love 1

I'm glad one of the newbs is gone. Hopefully they can finally fill that space with more Olicity or Felicity. Cause the others have been getting way too many unnecessary long scenes and Emily only get these little tiny scenes here and there.

20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All I want from the next FF is Mia getting in Dinah’s face and telling her she doesn’t deserve the Mark of Four tattoo. Didn’t KM say we’ll be getting FFs in 714? Give me that scene please. 

I'd love it. And Kat said now that the reveal is out we can expect that Mia will not get all friendly with them. I remember Kat seeing she gets 3 fights in 716. I hope one of them is her kicking Billy's ass(guy that "Killed" Felicity) and would also love to see her put her foot up Dinah and Renes asses as well lol

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Right now all I'm worried about is that Oliver will find out about the Olicitot off screen. I don't even care about the crappy future! They can rebuild! Just let her tell him on-screen!

I'm worried about that too. Unless the next episode kicks off immediately after the last scene, I feel like it's likely to be offscreen. He was in the room and even with stress of William leaving, I can't see him not immediately asking her what was up.

7 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm worried about that too. Unless the next episode kicks off immediately after the last scene, I feel like it's likely to be offscreen. He was in the room and even with stress of William leaving, I can't see him not immediately asking her what was up.

Arrrghhh you make sense but I don't want you to make sense dammnit!!!!!

Unless she takes time to process and doesn't tell him right away?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Yeah, I can't imagine that they're going to pick up right after this episode ends. But it's possible that Felicity might wait a day or two to tell him. Given the emotional strain of saying good-bye to William, she might think she should wait a day or two to tell him they're having a new baby who's also not going to have a normal life. LOL. I really, really want to see her telling him. I've wanted that moment for Oliver ever since SA broke my heart in the scene where he sees Felicity standing with Lyla and infant Sara. But if they come back from hiatus and Oliver is already driving Felicity crazy by being an overprotective, hovering psycho, I will accept that as a somewhat adequate substitute.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 9

Since we just had this episode with Oliver and Felicity agonizing about sending William to live with his grandparents, and Oliver's whole reasoning for supporting it, it would be a total waste not to show Felicity telling him. Finding out you're going to have a new baby when you just sent another child away because you couldn't give him a normal childhood? It would be so bittersweet. So...I will expect to not see it, haha. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't see a spoiler.

The tweet he responds to directly contains no spoilers, but when I viewed it on my phone this morning it was linked to the tweet mentioning the Olicity kid. Feel free to ignore. 

ETA: Below is how it looked when I got linked to it, hence the LOL --

tumblr_pmt9zczIGB1qazmsxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmta694Iin1qazmsxo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Soulfire
48 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys time to do math! When is she due?

Which ep will it be????

I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!

Next season premiere, she got pregnant somewhere between early December when Oliver was released and now, so she should be due in September or October. Which just fits the premiere and keeps the parallel to 3x01.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys time to do math! When is she due?

Which ep will it be????

I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!

In E7.08 they went from Olicity having sex to BlackStar's introduction scene, for me that was always the Conception Transition. Which makes birth around September to October plausible. Like what @bijoux said.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh, I think the birth definitely happens on screen. Okay, not the labor, but Felicity being wheeled off into the delivery room after whatever shit goes down in the premiere. Or a shot of Dig prepping to assist her in either the new lair (they need one stat) or somewhere in the field. No way will they have that happen during the hiatus.

Oliver finding out about the pregnancy in an episode is more questionable, but I’m leaning very, very heavily toward yes.

• Love 2

I think they're going to follow the Lyla situation. Announce she's pregnant in S7, have the baby born in 801. This way they don't have to deal with the pregnancy on screen. No fake baby bump, no pregnancy storylines in an action show.

Then Baby Smoak is always sleeping off screen.

Given that 714 is Brothers and Sisters I'm guessing Felicity will tell Oliver in 714. I suppose they could reveal it during break but, given the circumstances (William leaving, Curtis Leaving and Dinah in the hospital) I can see Felicity waiting a bit to tell him.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Really, has Stephen ever tweeted so much after an episode about one specific part of it? I feel like we might get the same thing when he eventually shows up in the future and we see the entire family together, a.k.a. when Mia does find her parents since KM says she doesn't find them "right away" (implying she does find them) in one of the interviews from last night. 

• Love 1

I agree the baby will be born in 801. Emily doesn’t want to wear a belly and this avoids that. I can even see the opening scene be Oliver running and it turns out he’s running across the hospital parking lot to join her in the delivery room. Then credits then the next scene is Felicity cuddling Mia as Diggle arrives to congratulate them. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I agree the baby will be born in 801. Emily doesn’t want to wear a belly and this avoids that. I can even see the opening scene be Oliver running and it turns out he’s running across the hospital parking lot to join her in the delivery room. Then credits then the next scene is Felicity cuddling Mia as Diggle arrives to congratulate them. 

That actually sounds like a good plan. Starting the episode with Mia instead of ending it (like with Sara)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Arrow's Kat McNamara Spills on That OMG Blackstar Reveal
By Lindsay MacDonald | Feb 11, 2019 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-mia-smoak-oliver-felicity-daughter-blackstar/

How much will we learn about Mia's upbringing and what her relationships with Oliver and Felicity are like?
McNamara:
I can't say much about that, but what I can say is that the next few episodes — and I still don't know everything because we're still shooting Season 7 right now — but from what I know, the next few episodes reveal quite a bit about Mia and how she was raised and why she is the way she is and why she's so gosh darn angry all the time. A lot of that has to do with her upbringing and how she was raised, being this kid. A lot of it has to do with the relationship with her parents and that plays very heavily into who she became.

Would you say Mia takes after Oliver or Felicity more?
McNamara:
It depends on the situation and from which perspective you look. Physically, she very much takes after Oliver. She's extremely aggressive in that she takes on situations from the point of offense before defense, and she will take you down before you can take her down, in a heartbeat. Emotions aren't necessarily her forte. She much more prefers to deal with things on an intellectual or physical level rather than an emotional level because she has trouble dealing with emotions, which we will discover very quickly. But that's where she lies on the Oliver spectrum. But she has quite a bit of tact. She's very quippy, very witty, very clever in the sense that Felicity is. It's very indicative of her childhood, which we do get to see in a few episodes, which will be a lot of fun.

Now that William knows they're brother and sister, can we expect their dynamic to shift moving forward?
McNamara:
It changes everything for both of them and whether that's for better or for worse we will find out soon.

When can we expect to start piecing together this mystery of why no one seems to recognize her for who she is? And does that play into this bigger mystery of how Star City ended up this way?
McNamara:
We start to get little pieces in this episode. Mia doesn't even have all of the pieces herself, but as things start to unravel and as information gets shared, more and more gets revealed as they get closer and closer to figuring out what this message that came to the Hōzen means. Now that they have more people that have more information, it starts to all build. What it really does is, it shows you how dire the world has become and really the ruin that has come to Star City to force to Felicity and Oliver to go to these lengths to protect their children.
Mia has said she thinks vigilantes were the death of Star City and they got what they deserved. Considering we now know her parents were two of our favorite vigilantes, how did she wind up being so anti-vigilante?
McNamara:
She has a very specific perception of vigilantes based on her experience as well as based on the information she had as a kid [and] what's she's learned since being on her own. All of that has come together — plus her own personal struggles and pain and hurt that she's experienced — it all comes together to form this very strong feeling of animosity towards vigilantes and this almost vengeful resentment of them.

Do you think Felicity could truly still be alive, or is this just wishful thinking or denial on Mia's part to admit that her mom is dead?
McNamara:
I mean, at this point, she has really no information. I think at this point in the story she is operating on a blind hope that her mother is not dead. Given that their relationship doesn't seem to have resolved on the best of terms, she would probably like to resolve that.

We know Episode 16 is a completely flash-forward episode, so what can you tease about how we'll learn from spending so much time in the future?
McNamara:
I just finished shooting that last week and that is really, really wonderful. I cannot wait for people to see it because that is probably the episode in which you get the most answers and you get to see quite a bit of Mia's childhood as well as some really key moments that shaped who she became and how she got to be a fighter and how she got to be this really hardened person that she is.

Meet Mia Smoak! 'Arrow' Star Katherine McNamara Dishes on Playing Oliver and Felicity's Daughter (Exclusive)
By Leanne Aguilera‍ 6:00 PM PST, February 11, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/meet-mia-smoak-arrow-star-katherine-mcnamara-dishes-on-playing-oliver-and-felicitys-daughter-119398

In this episode, we discover that her name is actually Mia Smoak instead of Mia Queen. Can you elaborate on that a little bit and when we might be getting those surname answers?
I can elaborate in the sense that you will be getting those answers -- but maybe not as soon as you’d like. In a few episodes, there will be an all-future episode where we really get to see a lot of Mia’s childhood and a lot of moments that really shaped her into who she became and why those qualities are the way they are, including her last name. But for now, it’s enough to know that she is Mia Smoak and she claims to be the daughter of Oliver and Felicity. So she knows that Oliver is her father, but does not take his name. Ultimately, the most important thing to know at this point is that this is indicative of how dire the world has become... To know that even having the last name Queen puts a target on your back.
Were you surprised when you realized that Mia Smoak and William Queen – who are half siblings –  don’t know each other in the future?
I was surprised and that was another question I had for Beth. Thank god for Beth Schwartz because she has been such a lovely, collaborative wealth of information for me. There are many things that I don’t have the privilege of knowing yet, but she’s been so good to me in that I can call and ask her a question and she will give me some kind of answer to do my work off of that does not reveal what they still want to keep hidden. So thank goodness for her. But aside from my tangent, that is a very interesting question and one that we will get the answer to very soon. It all goes back to the ruin that Star City has fallen into and showing the real lengths that Oliver and Felicity had to go to to keep their children safe.
So where do we go from here? You mentioned that we are going to have an all future episode. Now that the team knows who she is, how does this change things moving forward?
Well, it definitely changes things and it definitely provides a lot more information to everyone and fills in a lot of the missing pieces for both parties. Mia doesn't know everything about her past, William obviously doesn't know everything and neither do the characters of the future, so as all of the pieces come together and as everyone combines their knowledge or at least reveals certain pieces of information -- for better or for worse things will move forward and things will progress very quickly. As you will see, time becomes of the essence and don’t forget, they did find those bomb schematics very recently, as well, so the future [could have] explosive content if you will.

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think we are going to find out that Olicity (or possibly just Felicity) faked Mia’s death at a young age. Given that Felicity is pregnant now, they all have to know about Mia. 

I would agree with that and it still makes me wonder about Connor Hawke. Like why did JJ change his name? We know the reason why in LoT but, is it still the same? Did they go with another reason? Why are Mia and JJ working together?

There's a part of me that wonders if Olicity/Diggle stayed in SC when shit went down; while Will stayed away in CC.  Maybe OTA stuck together while NTA (-Curtis) took off for the Glades?

As for William, I'm guessing that whatever forces Olicity to give up Mia, forced them to keep Will away.  Unless they're really turning Will into a whiney brat who blames them for his choice.

There's still a lot left open, and they're deliberately playing the Oliver is dead game. I'm actually convinced that Oliver dying in COIE is a major fake out. Everyone look over here at Oliver! Meanwhile they kill of someone seemed totally safe. Shocker!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Like why did JJ change his name? We know the reason why in LoT but, is it still the same? Did they go with another reason? Why are Mia and JJ working together?

They'd have to have gone with a different reason, since according to DR Diggle is alive in the future.

33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

There's a part of me that wonders if Olicity/Diggle stayed in SC when shit went down; while Will stayed away in CC.  Maybe OTA stuck together while NTA (-Curtis) took off for the Glades?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, since Mia, Felicity, and Connor are on one side where Dinah's on the other. Rene is where it gets confusing, since he's in on the plan to destroy Star City, but clearly Felicity knows what's happening but wasn't on board with the plan

36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As for William, I'm guessing that whatever forces Olicity to give up Mia, forced them to keep Will away.  Unless they're really turning Will into a whiney brat who blames them for his choice.

Something else had to have happened I figure too, since the end of 713 had Olicity planning to still be in contact with William while Adult William said that Felicity cut off contact with him until the Hozen message.

46 minutes ago, way2interested said:

They'd have to have gone with a different reason, since according to DR Diggle is alive in the future.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, since Mia, Felicity, and Connor are on one side where Dinah's on the other. Rene is where it gets confusing, since he's in on the plan to destroy Star City, but clearly Felicity knows what's happening but wasn't on board with the plan

Something else had to have happened I figure too, since the end of 713 had Olicity planning to still be in contact with William while Adult William said that Felicity cut off contact with him until the Hozen message.

Remember William knew about Smoak Tech and had been in the building. So he has to have visited at least 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

The running works really well. But I'm not that sure it would just go on to the baby being born. I'd modify it to a cut saying 24 hours earlier or something so that whatever problem the episode deals with can happen and then we can come back to that starting point. Just because I have difficulty imagining Mia being born without a hitch. 

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The running works really well. But I'm not that sure it would just go on to the baby being born. I'd modify it to a cut saying 24 hours earlier or something so that whatever problem the episode deals with can happen and then we can come back to that starting point. Just because I have difficulty imagining Mia being born without a hitch. 

Well yeah Cause Oliver and Felicity must suffer more than anyone on the show. 

Was thinking about Curtis's comment to Felicity about her struggling to find her purpose lately and also a comment from an interview that said Felicity being Overwatch had a big influence on her finally finding herself again.  Toss in the Archer program and Smoak Tech and that's probably going to be her motivation.  Wanting provide that extra oversight to everyone that needs someone to watch over them.  And then the Archer program would be her masterpiece. Though how the Glades ended up with it and Star City was left in a burning heap, yeah, I'm still really on board undoing the future for the state of Star City alone.  

I mean, what the hell was supposed to have happened to the bunker?  20 years is a long time but not so long that vines should have started to grow UNDERGROUND in the dark.  Unless the building up above is gone, how would light even get down there?  The buildings left abandoned in Chernobyl don't even look that overgrown and that was more than 30 years and yeah, nuclear melt down.    

Maybe Poison Ivy sets up shop there at some point?

The Archer has to be Felicity’s brain child. There’s no need to call it that otherwise. I just hope at some point she incorporates peep holes, which obviously wasn’t the case when William’s grandparents showed up. Why there wasn’t a CCTV camera is an even bigger mistery.

• Love 1

Also where the fuck is Barry and Team flash when Star City turned into a dystopian hell scape? Central City is only a train ride away so what were they doing to help? Or did they just go "well since it's not a crossover time guys you're on your own"? Or is Barry suppose to be missing around the same time as Star City and the Glades go down and whatever happens to Team Arrow happens?

9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Or is Barry suppose to be missing around the same time as Star City and the Glades go down and whatever happens to Team Arrow happens?

Barry disappears in 2024 (or sooner, depending on what Nora does) still gone through 2049 and his villain this year starts killing hundreds of metas and people, so yeah no help from Team Flash

Edited by way2interested
42 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Why there wasn’t a CCTV camera is an even bigger mystery.

Nah, it's the Arrow writers love of a "gotcha" over anything that makes sense.

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

I think we are going to find out that Olicity (or possibly just Felicity) faked Mia’s death at a young age. Given that Felicity is pregnant now, they all have to know about Mia. 

If William knows about Smoak Tech, then Felicity couldn't have abandoned him too soon after the present day since she couldn't have built all that during her pregnancy. Faking Mia's death while she was a child (and sending her off to Nyssa or Thea for protection since Sara was busy) makes sense. But why didn't William clue in when he was confronted with a blonde who looked like Felicity and was looking for her, and fought like Oliver?

I really think they need a large board in the writers room to keep track of all the points they drop in the episodes so they don't screw things up like they apparently are.

I really hope they find Felicity by the all future forward episode because a whole episodes with neither Oliver nor Felicity is not what I wants.

• Love 2