Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Looks like KM's hair outside the green imo, but idk

KM is a good guess, it would make sense to scratch out her, but could be Willa or Susanna Thompson too.

Edited by Genki
Context
1 minute ago, Genki said:

KM is a good guess, it would make sense to scratch out her, but could be Willa or Susanna Thompson too.

It's someone watching the documentary on a screen though, so it wouldn't be Moira or Thea unless she shows up with the group.

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Am I the only one who feels like ARGUS shouldn't be letting a documentary crew into its offices? 

No, I feel the same way. He shouldn't be wearing his uniform either. I read a review that mentioned that this documentary is outlawed in the future for being pro-vigilante, so maybe since ARGUS seems to be headed into big bad territory there's a reason why they're shown here. 

3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I literally LOLed at that Diggle clip. I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but I pray the rest of the episode can be on that level.

Me too! It's been a few months since I've been this hopeful about an ep. *fingers crossed*

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, and you can see her body in the reflection wearing the same top.

I think you might be on to something and it made me think of this tweet I saw this morning.

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, and you can see her body in the reflection wearing the same top.

I'd reveal a reveal tonight like it pans out to show Maya watching and she looks sad or something else and just says something like "So that's Dad and Mom" or something else to reveal her parentage.

41 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I think you might be on to something and it made me think of this tweet I saw this morning.

Oh that's even Better! And it could garner a NO WAY! Reaction 

12 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

LOL at 2012Diggle. Was that interview pre or post Oliver jumping out of the car window?

The first video wouldn't play for me either. But someone posted the Quentin Lance part on twitter.

Quentin shaved his head after his heart attack, right? So this is presumably in that awful time period when Sara was dead but he didn't know it?

As a teenager, he's fully entitled to it. I have 20 years on him and I wouldn't be thrilled to come home to a filming crew either. Love the way Oliver engulfs him. Yay, broody baby is home. Chip off the old block. 

What does Oliver say when he and Felicity come in? 

What I've seen of the ep so far, I like. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Which part? When he's hugging William, it sounds like he's saying "Hey, buddy."

Right as we hear the front door shut before he heads for William and Felicity. 

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I like that no one bothered to tell William there was a camera crew at the house, LOL. 

Yeah, that's just strange, as is it seeming like this is the first time he says anything about William being on-screen. I feel like that's something Oliver should have addressed ahead of time as soon as he knew that the filming would be done at the same time as William being home. Obviously neither could be done so we'd get this conversation and clearly no one thought to instead have Oliver go, "remember, I said my son can't be on camera." 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, that's just strange, as is it seeming like this is the first time he says anything about William being on-screen. I feel like that's something Oliver should have addressed ahead of time as soon as he knew that the filming would be done at the same time as William being home. Obviously neither could be done so we'd get this conversation and clearly no one thought to instead have Oliver go, "remember, I said my son can't be on camera." 

Didn't the description for this episode talk about William being home a surprise?

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't the description for this episode talk about William being home a surprise?

I got the same impression from the scene. Felicity surprised Oliver, and maybe she didn't know the crew would be there when she came home with William. 

I like these clips and am cautiously excited for tonight, but I already know I'll be doing Olympic level mental gymnastics to hand wave away why all these interviews for this documentary were never mentioned before. Oh Arrow, you do you. 

I also enjoy that Felicity is saying stuff (William's height) that she probably would have said when she picked him up, much like the removal of the tattoo comment in Ivy Town. Gotta get it on camera even if the timing makes no sense. 

Edited by calliope1975

'Arrow' Advance Review: "Emerald Archer" Is Everything An Anniversary Episode Should Be
By RUSS BURLINGAME - February 4, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/04/arrow-advance-review-emerald-archer-is-everything-an-anniversary/

Tonight, Arrow celebrates its 150th episode -- and as it does, the series that launched The CW's interconnected DC Universe of superhero shows delivers one of its best episodes in years and a masterclass in how to do an anniversary episode.

The hundredth episode of Arrow -- which aired during the "Invasion!" crossover -- was somewhat controversial, since the demands of the crossover prevented the episode from touching on everything the fans might have liked to see.
With "Emerald Archer," tonight's episode of Arrow, they strike a great balance. The episode certainly has a lot of far-reaching implications for the future of the show, but as they do that, they parade a litany of guest stars that will pull at the heartstrings of longtime fans, give nearly every major season 7 character a moment or three to shine, and retains its sense of timing and urgency within the story of the season, feeling more current and significant to the plot than many anniversary episodes, which can feel disconnected from the ongoing storyline of a series and preoccupied with cramming in the nostalgia.

More than anything, it feels like the Arrow team understands the importance of big-number episodes to comic book fans, and is striving to make the episodes worthy of that anticipation and attention. Arrow has routinely done its best to make "big" episodes, whether it's by number or by plot event, special to audiences. Sometimes, that comes with mixed results, as it can feel like you're "trying too hard." With "Emerald Archer," it's just right. The cast each get relatively little time, so while Stephen Amell clearly has the most screentime of anybody, it is not enough to make the whole thing fall on his shoulders a la "Invasion!" or Legends of Tomorrow's "Here I Go Again." Everyone, though, is at home, enjoying themselves, the even the "big" moments of the episode feel breezy and fun. In some ways, it seems like Arrow has delivered one of its best episodes of the season by finding the things that work about its sister shows and pilfering them.

It would not be an Arrow standout without a great fight scene, and we do get one. Team Arrow is back in costume, facing off against a villain who feels a bit like Amazo or Super-Skrull; he has a crazy costume, an impressive arsenal, and a specific hangup with the team. Having really just the one action scene to handle, the capable Arrow stunt team delivered a fight that looks and feels a bit like the grimy, street-level version of the big fight against Thanos on Titan in Infinity War. You have a hulking, powerful baddie who is fighting off the heroes from all sides, but it works without feeling ridiculous or insulting to the heroes.

Give this one a watch -- even if you are a bit behind, the mockumentary-style approach and the fact that so many of the characters are reconnecting for the first time in quite a while makes it not just an excellent episode, but a great jumping-on point.

Edited by tv echo
25 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I got the same impression from the scene. Felicity surprised Oliver, and maybe she didn't know the crew would be there when she came home with William. 

Even so, she seems to have known about the documentary so you'd think she would've given him a head's up that it was happening.

31 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No, the description just mentioned him coming home. One of the reviewers mentioned that William had a surprise for Felicity in their preview. 

14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Even so, she seems to have known about the documentary so you'd think she would've given him a head's up that it was happening.

Eh, I like the released clips so I'm willing to make allowances. Maybe the crew rescheduled while Felicity was out, Oliver didn't tell her because he saw no reason to, and Felicity figured they'd tell William when he came and schedule things around him. 

15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Eh, I like the released clips so I'm willing to make allowances. Maybe the crew rescheduled while Felicity was out, Oliver didn't tell her because he saw no reason to, and Felicity figured they'd tell William when he came and schedule things around him. 

I liked the clips too! I didn't mention it because I didn't like them, it just seemed like a weird omission. I'm guessing maybe William coming home is one of the first scenes and they're using it to set up the premise for the documentary crew, so I can hand wave it. 

• Love 2

They are definitely going to have a new TA in the future.

Mia/Maya/Blackstar - Speedy

JJ/Connor Hawke - GA

Will - Overwatch

Zoe - BC

They're not giving us much but Mia finding the Lair and Mia/Connor teaming up in the lair sets (to my mind) a theme of Olicity/Dyla kids. Especially when you have a parallel of Oliver/Diggle mending fences and Oliver going to the lair followed by Mia/Connor finding it.

So yeah, I'm still thinking Mia is an Olicity baby. However, I will open it up for adropted/Street kid, ala Comics Mia.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They are definitely going to have a new TA in the future.

Mia/Maya/Blackstar - Speedy

JJ/Connor Hawke - GA

Will - Overwatch

Zoe - BC

They're not giving us much but Mia finding the Lair and Mia/Connor teaming up in the lair sets (to my mind) a theme of Olicity/Dyla kids. Especially when you have a parallel of Oliver/Diggle mending fences and Oliver going to the lair followed by Mia/Connor finding it.

So yeah, I'm still thinking Mia is an Olicity baby. However, I will open it up for adropted/Street kid, ala Comics Mia.

I stand by wanting Maya to be GA filling her Daddy's shoes

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I laughed at how they were framing the whole scene as "look how she hates vigilantes! She's super suspicious" while she's hanging out doing some --framed as secret, underground and presumably against William's group who we're supposed to root for--thing with JJ...who's dad was just deputized as a vigilante in the documentary she was just watching. Idk how they'll frame it, but it's hilarious to try to take it at face value.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

I’m not familiar with McNamara’s other work but damn, is she always that bad? I don’t subscribe to the theory she’s Laurel’s daughter but the acting in those last two scenes reminded me of Cassidy. Yikes. Is this chick supposed to be the future of Arrow? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I’m not familiar with McNamara’s other work but damn, is she always that bad? I don’t subscribe to the theory she’s Laurel’s daughter but the acting in those last two scenes reminded me of Cassidy. Yikes. Is this chick supposed to be the future of Arrow? 

Shes more likely Olicity child than Laurel Child given the secrecy around her character so MAYBE? I dont know I think shes better than KC JMO 

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Does Dinah get her throat cut next episode??? Was tonight her last cry?

It looks like it! I'm not sure it is though since Roy and William seemed to be seeing her scar for the first time in the future, and they would've known about it if she got her sonic blaster ripped out by a serial killer at this point. 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Just rewatched the promo to double check, but it doesn’t look like Felicity is with the others talking at SCPD bear the beginning.

At least Oliver will be there for some of it this time. What an absolute shit dad he is sometimes, LOL.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It looks like it! I'm not sure it is though since Roy and William seemed to be seeing her scar for the first time in the future, and they would've known about it if she got her sonic blaster ripped out by a serial killer at this point. 

True.

And I am already prepared to laugh if Stanley spent an entire episode stalking Laurel only to leave her be in the next one.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Just rewatched the promo to double check, but it doesn’t look like Felicity is with the others talking at SCPD bear the beginning. Guess she’ll be with William for the episode again. Wonder how long it will be before we get Overwatch again. 

She wasn’t deputized so she’s not on the new Team. I HATE THIS SO MUCH. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

She wasn’t deputized so she’s not on the new Team. I HATE THIS SO MUCH. 

I guess she technically doesn't need to be deputized since she's probably not committing vigilantism in the show's definition of it. It's of course possible that they leave her out of things, but I don't think her lack of a badge means anything at all. 

So this is why JH was cackling at the beginning of the season. She's all over this show like a meningococcal rash.

I'm at the point where I'm wondering if EBR has some deal for minimal screentime so she won't need to work instead of pay rises because she too is over this shit show. All other conspiracy theories have been exhausted.

• Love 5