Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Saving People, Hunting Things

• Start Topic

Not sure which thread to put this.  But not much on TV and I cannot get into Big Brother this season, so I've been catching some earlier episodes for something to do.  Anyway all kinds of things have happened since the brothers moved into that  bunker. "Where's Sam" "Where's Cas" "There's blood on the floor, what happened" "Who are you and how did you get in" are words said over and over again as they enter. It got me wondering why Dean has never set up surveillance cameras.  When Lady BMOL takes Sam - Dean hacks into the local traffic cam to get a licence plate which seems hugely hit and miss.  Why not have cameras inside the bunker?

The warding is obviously useless as everyone and their dog can stroll in.  But at least cameras would warn the boys when they breeze in that something is up.  And S&D could have the cameras synced to their phones and know immediately if there's a break in.

Lots of times these Winchesters don't seem so smart and it's some pie in the sky writing that saves them. LOL.

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

The warding is obviously useless as everyone and their dog can stroll in.  But at least cameras would warn the boys when they breeze in that something is up.  And S&D could have the cameras synced to their phones and know immediately if there's a break in.

If Larry wasn't dead they should sue him for false advertisement.  "Because it is the safest place on earth, warded against any evil ever created. It is impervious to any entry, except the key." 

Just for the fun of it, I'll give a pass for the skeleton key aspect of it.   They only had one key.  They gave it to Kevin.  The whole place shut down and they were still able to get in.  Everybody strolls in and out of there.  And, Dean once said he powered down the warding so that Crowley could get in. How does that even work?   How I hate that bunker.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If Larry wasn't dead they should sue him for false advertisement.  "Because it is the safest place on earth, warded against any evil ever created. It is impervious to any entry, except the key." 

Just for the fun of it, I'll give a pass for the skeleton key aspect of it.   They only had one key.  They gave it to Kevin.  The whole place shut down and they were still able to get in.  Everybody strolls in and out of there.  And, Dean once said he powered down the warding so that Crowley could get in. How does that even work?   How I hate that bunker.

To be fair to Larry, he probably never anticipated that archangels would come to Earth. He never anticipated that friggin God would have a sister who could remove the warding.  And to your question about Dean powering down the warding, I think he said that once Amara broke through he could power it down.  IIRC.  I could be wrong.

So, yeah I'm giving Larry a pass because at the time he said it, it was true. 

3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think the best answer to why the boys don't put up cameras or do something about the warding is "For the same reason that the Gilligan's Island crew can't get off that damned island, despite being able to receive visits from a slew of guest stars, including the entire Harlem Globetrotters basketball team." 

In other words, the powers of Plotonium. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PsychoFanboy said:

I am looking for a clear picture of the symbols on the demon killing knife. I tried google but the results have been blurry and/or inconsistant. Thank you,

-Alexander

From Superwiki.

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/images/1/12/Thedemonkillingknife.jpg

On Google (try: Ruby`s knife) not sure this is the real thing - the markings seem the same though.

https://goo.gl/images/w823rq

Edited by gonzosgirrl

Brought over from "The Purge" episode thread:

On 8/21/2018 at 5:59 AM, BabySpinach said:

1) I like how Sam, after he's said and done much worse to Dean for much less sympathetic reasons, found it justifiable to disown Dean after he betrayed his trust, FOR THE FIRST TIME, out of desperation and love. Sam demanded that he let go of his anger over being abandoned in Purgatory, yet he couldn't let go of Dean lying to save him. 2) If this was all it took for Sam to disown and verbally decimate his brother, lord knows how he would have reacted if Dean had been the one drinking demon blood and lying about it, banging a demon, mocking Sam for being weak and inadequate after 40 years in hell, choking him half to death, or abandoning him (plus an innocent civilian) without ever confirming his death. 

I still can't believe how far they threw Sam's character down the toilet in season 9. He could have been mad about Gadreel like a regular person and struggled to get past it without dunking his brother's life purpose and self esteem into the garbage, then waffling non-stop about how he WANTED TO DIEEEEE (even though we were shown that he clearly didn't). First Born 10.11 seemed to set him on a more sympathetic course, but I guess Robbie Thompson hadn't gotten the memo to make Sam as cartoonishly dickish and nonsensically petty as possible. 

Dean fans had to watch their favorite character get verbally demolished by the person he loved most in the world. Sam fans had to watch their favorite character act like a complete asshole without rhyme or reason. Everyone lost on that count, and

Reveal hidden contents

I'm very glad that the times of manufactured uber-angst via character assassination are now behind us (hopefully).

1) In my opinion, there was Amy Pond. Despite how that ended up with Sam and Dean agreeing and coming out stronger, in my opinion, Dean did betray Sam's trust there, also in my opinion.

And also in my opinion, I don't think Dean had to either. He just found it easier to do it his way and lie to Sam figuring Sam would be none the wiser rather than trying to explain his side to Sam and see if maybe Sam might agree with him. And then later claim it was for Sam's own good and that he was doing the hard thing so that Sam didn't have to... which might have been partially true, but also didn't mesh with Dean's explanation of (paraphrase) "I would've told you, but I first wanted to make sure that you weren't going to overreact due to being bonkers."

But I also know that many think Sam should've just gotten over it and he didn't have a reason to feel betrayed anyway, and ultimately Sam agreed, so what do I know.

2) I don't know... In my opinion, some equivalency of this did happen when Dean had the mark of Cain and became a demon. Dean didn't drink demon blood, but he did decide to take on the power of the mark - which he had to know was dark and dangerous. Then Dean did some lying to Sam about things - either outright or via omission. He didn't sleep with a demon, but he hung around one and became "BFFs" with him. With the mark of Cain, Dean told Sam that he couldn't get things done and said he (Dean) was calling the shots. As a demon, he told Sam he was a loser and a burden, mocking Sam's choice of hunting and family. With the mark of Cain back again he told Sam he wished Sam was dead instead of Charlie. As a demon, Dean didn't try to choke Sam, but he did try to kill him with a hammer. He also abandoned him to be tortured and potentially killed by Cole and didn't give a crap what happened to him as long as he left him alone. In response to all of this, Sam did everything he could to help Dean and get him back...

Sure the situations were different, and Sam wasn't as damaged as Dean had been in season 4, but for me there were enough parallels to show that Sam might have been willing to give Dean some of the same consideration that Dean gave Sam in season 4. In my opinion, the main reason that the Gadreel situation was different and that Sam reacted so badly and awfully was due to the intimate nature of what happened to him. I think Gadreel taking over his body and leaving Sam powerless - which is one of Sam's hot buttons, in my opinion - made that situation different for Sam.

A lot of the rest of your point here I pretty much agree with and covered in other threads (like the "B vs J" thread).

51 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Brought over from "The Purge" episode thread:

1) In my opinion, there was Amy Pond. Despite how that ended up with Sam and Dean agreeing and coming out stronger, in my opinion, Dean did betray Sam's trust there, also in my opinion.

And also in my opinion, I don't think Dean had to either. He just found it easier to do it his way and lie to Sam figuring Sam would be none the wiser rather than trying to explain his side to Sam and see if maybe Sam might agree with him. And then later claim it was for Sam's own good and that he was doing the hard thing so that Sam didn't have to... which might have been partially true, but also didn't mesh with Dean's explanation of (paraphrase) "I would've told you, but I first wanted to make sure that you weren't going to overreact due to being bonkers."

But I also know that many think Sam should've just gotten over it and he didn't have a reason to feel betrayed anyway, and ultimately Sam agreed, so what do I know.

2) I don't know... In my opinion, some equivalency of this did happen when Dean had the mark of Cain and became a demon. Dean didn't drink demon blood, but he did decide to take on the power of the mark - which he had to know was dark and dangerous. Then Dean did some lying to Sam about things - either outright or via omission. He didn't sleep with a demon, but he hung around one and became "BFFs" with him. With the mark of Cain, Dean told Sam that he couldn't get things done and said he (Dean) was calling the shots. As a demon, he told Sam he was a loser and a burden, mocking Sam's choice of hunting and family. With the mark of Cain back again he told Sam he wished Sam was dead instead of Charlie. As a demon, Dean didn't try to choke Sam, but he did try to kill him with a hammer. He also abandoned him to be tortured and potentially killed by Cole and didn't give a crap what happened to him as long as he left him alone. In response to all of this, Sam did everything he could to help Dean and get him back...

If you're going to bring in stuff that Dean did as a demon, then it's only fair to bring in Soulless!Sam's misdeeds, too. I personally didn't mention the times when either brother was under some sort of supernatural influence that fundamentally changed their personalities, because I was focused on them acting as themselves.

There's still no equivalency for Sam mocking Dean's 40 years of hell trauma and calling him weak and whiny. The worst thing that Dean arguably has said to Sam, "I think it should be you up there instead of [Charlie]," came from a place of grief and anger and was a harsh expression of Dean's desire for Sam to personally pay for his own mistake rather than have someone else take the fall. The Mark of Cain was in play, too. Sam had no supernatural excuse when he said those things in 9.13, which were roughly on par with the things that Demon!Dean said in 10.03. 

Dean stating to Sam that he was in charge was not an emotional attack on Sam, and once again was partially influenced by the MoC. Sam could have easily argued with him, but he decided to say nothing and go back to his room. Dean's omissions or lies in the latter part of season 9 were, in my opinion, justified. Sam had just disowned him and verbally torn him down;, why would Dean ever want to open up to or confide in Sam at that point?

I did totally forget about Amy Pond, though. I just saw that as Dean cleaning up Sam's ill judgement, but yeah, THAT was the first time he betrayed Sam's trust, not Gadreel. 

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

1) If you're going to bring in stuff that Dean did as a demon, then it's only fair to bring in Soulless!Sam's misdeeds, too. I personally didn't mention the times when either brother was under some sort of supernatural influence that fundamentally changed their personalities, because I was focused on them acting as themselves.

2) There's still no equivalency for Sam mocking Dean's 40 years of hell trauma and calling him weak and whiny. The worst thing that Dean arguably has said to Sam, "I think it should be you up there instead of [Charlie]," came from a place of grief and anger and was a harsh expression of Dean's desire for Sam to personally pay for his own mistake rather than have someone else take the fall. The Mark of Cain was in play, too. Sam had no supernatural excuse when he said those things in 9.13, which were roughly on par with the things that Demon!Dean said in 10.03. 

3) Dean stating to Sam that he was in charge was not an emotional attack on Sam, and once again was partially influenced by the MoC. Sam could have easily argued with him, but he decided to say nothing and go back to his room.  Dean's omissions or lies in the latter part of season 9 were, in my opinion, justified. Sam had just disowned him and verbally torn him down;, why would Dean ever want to open up to or confide in Sam at that point?

4) I did totally forget about Amy Pond, though. I just saw that as Dean cleaning up Sam's ill judgement, but yeah, THAT was the first time he betrayed Sam's trust, not Gadreel. 

I'm taking this over to the "B vs J" thread, for reasons that you will understand soon.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Not really sure which thread this belongs in, since it involves speculation, but I'll try here.

What I really want to know is, are they going to acknowledge Dean's 40th birthday. I will be highly disappointed if not. I would bet money that the 26 year old Dean we met in 1x01 never thought he would live to see that milestone. I guess he kinda sorta didn't. Or kinda sorta did several times over? LOL! In any case it deserves acknowledgment. Have they ever mentioned either of their birthdays apart from Sam's in relation to the six-month thing?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not really sure which thread this belongs in, since it involves speculation, but I'll try here.

What I really want to know is, are they going to acknowledge Dean's 40th birthday. I will be highly disappointed if not. I would bet money that the 26 year old Dean we met in 1x01 never thought he would live to see that milestone. I guess he kinda sorta didn't. Or kinda sorta did several times over? LOL! In any case it deserves acknowledgment. Have they ever mentioned either of their birthdays apart from Sam's in relation to the six-month thing?

I think something came up in s8 about celebrating Sam's birthday with Amelia, or was that Amelia's birthday? I can't remember.

28 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think something came up in s8 about celebrating Sam's birthday with Amelia, or was that Amelia's birthday? I can't remember.

Yeah the stupid flashback birthday picnic - but I meant between the brothers, or with Bobby,  etc.

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It would be nice if they did a 40th for Dean. (I remember that Magnum PI had a great episode for Magnum's 40th). As far a I know, the only time their birthdays were mentioned was in "The Monster at the End of this Book" when the publisher asked what Sam's birthday was, and Dean interjected what his was as well. But other than the casual reference to not living until old age, no, I don't think birthdays have been mentioned to/between the boys.

• Love 1

Well I finally made it to season 8 ... this is the furthest I've ever gotten on this show! I'm about to hit the half way point and man this season is just a slog.

I don't believe for an instant that Sam didn't spend a moment looking for Dean. I cannot stand Amelia and seriously one more flashback to that alleged relationship is going to send me over the edge. And really was it necessary to re-do the whole 'normal life' thing that Dean tried with Lisa and Ben?!?

I am interested in the purgatory stuff and would like to see more. I like Benny and am not sure I understand Sam's reaction to him.

I hope this gets better.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I don't believe for an instant that Sam didn't spend a moment looking for Dean. I cannot stand Amelia and seriously one more flashback to that alleged relationship is going to send me over the edge. And really was it necessary to re-do the whole 'normal life' thing that Dean tried with Lisa and Ben?!?

Agree. Agree. And no. Heh.

4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I like Benny and am not sure I understand Sam's reaction to him.

Manufactured angst and conflict. That's the best explanation I could come up with.

• Love 1

At this point we are only two episodes in but I think there's some interesting dynamics going on so far.

First, I think not having Jensen/Jared sharing scenes actually does hurt.  Color me surprised by that.  I've heard the whenging about it and thought it was just that - whining.  Now, with two episodes down -- the scene where Dean came back felt electric compared to what we had before.  

I also note that the team of hunters is now completely OUT of the bunker except Bobby.  Mary, Cas & Jack already kinda 'live' at the Bunker. We did get word on Ketch.  Last season we had specific mentions on Rowena & Charlie.  But the rest of the no-names?  Gone with the wind.  Theoretically they could still be chasing that 'vamp activity along I-90' but I won't be surprised if we don't hear about them except for the occaisional call out.  I'm wondering if those scene in EP 14.1 was just a way of dispensing with the AU hunters in general and now they will only pop up on occaision.  I could be wrong... we'll have to see what happens over the next few episodes.

Also possibly not on the horizon for much of S14 (only based on the first two episodes): angels & demons.  Both were rejected by Michael as unworthy.  Sam rejected working with any new "King of Hell".  So unless we get a suicidal demon trying to take out the boys -- I think their story is backburnered.  Same with angels.  They shut up heaven last season and although Jo is floating around, that also seems like a low priority to me.

Edited by SueB
11 hours ago, SueB said:

First, I think not having Jensen/Jared sharing scenes actually does hurt.  Color me surprised by that.  I've heard the whenging about it and thought it was just that - whining.  Now, with two episodes down -- the scene where Dean came back felt electric compared to what we had before.

Yes, I thought that too, about how electric that moment was! It has nothing to do though with the characters sharing the scene -- Jensen as Dean himself just generates that kind of electricity and energy on the show; it is as if the show kind of "wakes up" when he is onscreen.

11 hours ago, SueB said:

I also note that the team of hunters is now completely OUT of the bunker except Bobby.

I noticed this too, but I wasn't sure if it was too soon to know what it meant going forward. However I thought this abrupt disappearance of the AU hunters -- not just from the bunker but from the entire episode -- was pretty strange. I mean, in the season premiere, Dabb made a big elaborate point of showing how the bunker had turned into a veritable buzzing hive of hunter activity. Sam was like an overworked executive (complete with business trips to Atlanta); he could not even sit down to eat a bowl of soup without being interrupted by the necessity of organizing the hunters for a vampire hunt.

Sure, every single one of them could have been out on a hunt, but it was odd how suddenly as a group they just weren't there, without even one character -- their former leader Bobby, maybe -- asking, "Hey, where is everybody?"  The implication in the first episode was clearly that the bunker had become both the hunters' headquarters and their home. I thought that we would see hunters passing casually in the background of scenes that took place there, on their way to and from hunts, or returning to eat and sleep and recuperate from injuries. I imagined that future scenes in the bunker where Sam and Dean were talking about Michael would  be interrupted by hunters needing guidance from their "Chief", by the "Soup's On!" Guy asking what they want for dinner, or by Maggie with a question about how to hack a traffic cam.

If not, then frankly, what was the point of showing all that activity buzzing around in the bunker for that one episode? Sure, sure, I know, we can all fanwank various excuses as to why the AU hunters are no longer around, although it is strange if one week they can't even hunt vampires without Sam directing them, and the next week they have all gone their own way. And if the show is going to insert them into the story only when the writers don't have more important things going on, I don't see how they are not going to come across as a contrived and inorganic plot device.

It is too soon, I guess, to say whether the buzzing hive of hunters in the first episode was an anomaly or not.  To me it came across almost as if the season premiere was a pilot episode for an entirely different show -- just not one I think I would want to watch.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Sure, every single one of them could have been out on a hunt, but it was odd how suddenly as a group they just weren't there, without even one character -- their former leader Bobby, maybe -- asking, "Hey, where is everybody?"  The implication in the first episode was clearly that the bunker had become both the hunters' headquarters and their home. I thought that we would see hunters passing casually in the background of scenes that took place there, on their way to and from hunts, or returning to eat and sleep and recuperate from injuries. I imagined that future scenes in the bunker where Sam and Dean were talking about Michael would  be interrupted by hunters needing guidance from their "Chief", by the "Soup's On!" Guy asking what they want for dinner, or by Maggie with a question about how to hack a traffic cam.

Spoiler

Apparently Maggie is a focal point in an upcoming episode

However, all your points are still valid, @Bergamot And if they are all out hunting things and saving people, living in cheap motels with funky room dividers and a recurring clock on the wall... did Sam also teach them credit card scamming? I'm assuming that wasn't a thing in broken down, dusty Apocalypse World. Did he give them each a car from the MOL auto pool? Or maybe they are all just hanging out in their rooms?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:
Spoiler

Apparently Maggie is a focal point in an upcoming episode

Spoiler

Thanks, I didn't know that! I've liked Maggie from the beginning, I'm not sure why. I hope she survives the episode!

On 10/21/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bergamot said:

Yes, I thought that too, about how electric that moment was! It has nothing to do though with the characters sharing the scene -- Jensen as Dean himself just generates that kind of electricity and energy on the show; it is as if the show kind of "wakes up" when he is onscreen

ITA.

He kind of "resuscitates" it.   ;-)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Yes, I thought that too, about how electric that moment was! It has nothing to do though with the characters sharing the scene -- Jensen as Dean himself just generates that kind of electricity and energy on the show; it is as if the show kind of "wakes up" when he is onscreen

Or we could say he "breathes" life into the show. ;)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Watching the Halloween marathon. Benders is currently on, they're going to end on Bloody Mary, sadly work prevented me from watching the whole lineup

And the difference with what we have now  is so flagrant and painful. Happy Halloween ?

• Love 4

Hello. I need help to find an episode from supernatural. I just can't find that episode. I think it.s from early seasons. Sam and Dean are going to investigate a demon possesion at a family. Their house is somewhere in open field or at the end of the town. After trying to kill it, the demon poseses the mother and the action goes in the basement where the demon tries to kill the little daughter and Sam....ultil Dean screams the name of the demon and he stop for a few seconds.that's all i remember from the episode 

13 minutes ago, Vlad.R said:

Hello. I need help to find an episode from supernatural. I just can't find that episode. I think it.s from early seasons. Sam and Dean are going to investigate a demon possesion at a family. Their house is somewhere in open field or at the end of the town. After trying to kill it, the demon poseses the mother and the action goes in the basement where the demon tries to kill the little daughter and Sam....ultil Dean screams the name of the demon and he stop for a few seconds.that's all i remember from the episode 

It doesn't match very well, but my best guess(es) would be Playthings or Home.  (That's after years as a librarian trying to find books for people who only vaguely remember bits and pieces.)  I have no guesses after season 6 or so, because I can't keep most of the eps straight any more.

4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

It doesn't match very well, but my best guess(es) would be Playthings or Home.  (That's after years as a librarian trying to find books for people who only vaguely remember bits and pieces.)  I have no guesses after season 6 or so, because I can't keep most of the eps straight any more.

I went through all trailers  and still cant find the episode...jesus..... Dean yell something like : Dacheeba ! Or Daseeva 

13 minutes ago, Vlad.R said:

I went through all trailers  and still cant find the episode...jesus..... Dean yell something like : Dacheeba ! Or Daseeva 

Are you sure it's Supernatural? There are only a handful of demons that had names, and that doesn't ring any bells at all.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

I remember Daevas but that was way back in Season 1 and doesn`t fit the description at all. 

The description itself doesn`t ring any bell for in the first 4-5 Seasons. After that admittedly it gets fuzzy. I slept through most of Season 7, it was so boring. So maybe there?

Edited by Aeryn13
5 hours ago, Vlad.R said:

Could it be Family Matters?  There is a an abandoned house at the end of town.   There is a scene at the end that sounds similair to watch your describing, but not exactly.

26 minutes ago, Vlad.R said:

Dean yell something like : Dacheeba ! Or Daseeva 

There is a character named Danny, whose name Dean calls.

Edited by ILoveReading
1 hour ago, Vlad.R said:

To be honest your description sounds a lot like The Conjuring. The demons name was Bathsheba and the main character yelled it out during the exorcism. Also the demon possesses the mother and the exorcism was performed in the basement which matches what you were describing.

Edited by DeeDee79

Finished season 8 - finally. That was tough. I did like the look of the final scene with the angels falling though. I tell ya Sam sure forgot all about Amelia at about the half way point! And sadly (for me at least) no more flashbacks to purgatory which I was far more interested in than Sam's lame 'romance.'

Season 9 is better .... right?!? Please?!?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Season 9 is better .... right?!? Please?!?

8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

From episode - I think it`s 11 - on. So halfway point.

Whereas I preferred the first half of season 9 to the second, but that's not saying much, considering I really really really disliked the second half. I guess it depends on what part of the story you like as to whether you'll like the first or the second half - or neither half.

I thought that season 10 was really good, though, so there's that.

LOL ok so there is hope. I thought season 8 was really ... not good! I've started season 9 and I find Cas and his human journey pretty good. Though the whole rogue reaper thing still makes zero sense to me. Death doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would allow reapers to go rogue but maybe that's just me because I love me some death (on the show ... knock on wood ... not real life!!).

I do like the change back forth between Sam and Not!Sam but I don't believe that Dean wouldn't be at all suspicious of the angel's motives - esp when forced to boot Cas from the bunker. And Sam too should be a little more suspicious considering Dean is a terrible liar.

23 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I do like the change back forth between Sam and Not!Sam but I don't believe that Dean wouldn't be at all suspicious of the angel's motives - esp when forced to boot Cas from the bunker. And Sam too should be a little more suspicious considering Dean is a terrible liar.

Hence why the second half of the season is a little better ?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

LOL ok so there is hope. I thought season 8 was really ... not good! I've started season 9 and I find Cas and his human journey pretty good. Though the whole rogue reaper thing still makes zero sense to me. Death doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would allow reapers to go rogue but maybe that's just me because I love me some death (on the show ... knock on wood ... not real life!!).

"I lied. ... I do that."

He really does do that "professionally" but that's just the hunter role.  This is different.  And he's uncomfortable.  I liked that part.

I didn’t remember Michael saying that, so thanks! I should have also remembered that YoungJohn seemed fine after, or was that a different timeline?

True. I didn’t think about how Lucifer's used vessels weren’t the same. Of course, it seems like Nick is royally fucked up in the head. So maybe Raphael actually understood how hosting an archangel can derange a person (perhaps other vessels he had before Donnie) and chose to mentally incapacitate them to keep them from being harmful.

Brought over from Gods and Monsters:

Actually the whole situation with Raphael and that vessel was weird.  The deputy said that there was a bright light like an explosion at the gas station.  I'm assuming that's when Raphael entered the vessel.  There were 30 or 40 involved in an kill or be killed combat.  Were those all angels deciding to kill each other for some odd reason?  We weren't really up to the angel civil war that point. At any rate, as far as I can gather Raphael ditched out of that vessel soon after and went back to Heaven, I guess.  Back in the good old days (that didn't last very long) where angels left their vessels when they went back to Heaven.  And, in that short amount of time, possibly a few minutes, maybe a couple of days, his vessel went catatonic?  I think maybe there was an inherent problem with this particular person.  Already had a predisposition to psychiatric problems.  Possibly PTSD from war or something.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Brought over from Gods and Monsters:

Actually the whole situation with Raphael and that vessel was weird.  The deputy said that there was a bright light like an explosion at the gas station.  I'm assuming that's when Raphael entered the vessel.  There were 30 or 40 involved in an kill or be killed combat.  Were those all angels deciding to kill each other for some odd reason?  We weren't really up to the angel civil war that point. At any rate, as far as I can gather Raphael ditched out of that vessel soon after and went back to Heaven, I guess.  Back in the good old days (that didn't last very long) where angels left their vessels when they went back to Heaven.  And, in that short amount of time, possibly a few minutes, maybe a couple of days, his vessel went catatonic?  I think maybe there was an inherent problem with this particular person.  Already had a predisposition to psychiatric problems.  Possibly PTSD from war or something.

The only thing for me, though, is that Dean asked Cas if that’s what would happen to him if he said yes to Michael and Cas said he’d be even worse off (I don’t remember the exact dialog). If it was an inherent problem with this particular person, why would Cas have responded so definitively?

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Back in the good old days (that didn't last very long) where angels left their vessels when they went back to Heaven. 

Actually I don't have much problem with angels not ditching their vessels when they return to heaven if there is a chance they need them again any time soon, and I have a few in show reasons for saying this. If they had to go back, the angels would either have to find another compatible vessel - which we saw in season 9 isn't necessarily easy - or they would have to get their previous host to say "yes" again... which in my opinion isn't very likely based on what the experience is like. One of the less believable parts of season 9 for me was that Gadreel's old vessel would so easily say "yes" to Gadreel returning and taking over his body again. What person would willingly just give over their autonomy like that so quickly? So once an angel gets a "yes" they could put that person in a false memory in his/her brain and not have to worry about being rejected or having them say "yes" again. leaving a vessel behind would mean not only a second "yes," but with the new added canon of rejection, the chance that the vessel might not fall for the same false memory trick as easily the second time around, meaning the angel might get rejected.

So for me, hanging onto a vessel - even when going back to heaven - makes a weird sort of sense. now hanging onto it if the angel has no plans to return to earth any time son... that makes less sense.

Actually I could see Raphael leaving his vessels a drooling mess, because it would then be easier for him to get that person to say "yes" again or somehow consent after that... if consent was even needed after that point. Meanwhile his vessel is potentially being cared for in a mental hospital just waiting there for him when he comes back.

1 hour ago, takalotti said:

The only thing for me, though, is that Dean asked Cas if that’s what would happen to him if he said yes to Michael and Cas said he’d be even worse off (I don’t remember the exact dialog). If it was an inherent problem with this particular person, why would Cas have responded so definitively?

Because Cas never knows what he's talking about?  He may never have seen an archangel in a vessel before.  Therefore he just assumed.  

1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Actually I don't have much problem with angels not ditching their vessels when they return to heaven if there is a chance they need them again any time soon, and I have a few in show reasons for saying this. If they had to go back, the angels would either have to find another compatible vessel - which we saw in season 9 isn't necessarily easy - or they would have to get their previous host to say "yes" again... which in my opinion isn't very likely based on what the experience is like.

You know what I just realized, though.  Cas told Kelly that no human could survive going into Heaven.  I suppose he could just mean unless there's an angel inside of them, but still.

One of the less believable parts of season 9 for me was that Gadreel's old vessel would so easily say "yes" to Gadreel returning and taking over his body again.

I agree with that, but then again, nothing bad happened while he was possessed the first time.  He just went on a bus ride and hung out in a hospital.  Oh, and got in an angel fight.  

So for me, hanging onto a vessel - even when going back to heaven - makes a weird sort of sense. now hanging onto it if the angel has no plans to return to earth any time son... that makes less sense.

Yes, and that my main problem. That every angel in Heaven long-term is in a human.  OK, I kind of get it for production reasons, but, hey, we could just stay out of Heaven.  I know that will never happen.

Finished season 9 and started season 10! I cannot believe I am finally in the double digit seasons! I was surprised Demon!Dean was cured so easily but honestly I prefer Dean to Demon!Dean so that wasn't a huge loss for me. I just finished the werewolf episode Paper Moon ... it wasn't too bad. I mostly liked it because Sam and Dean actually had a couple of conversations. What a shocking change of pace! I am hoping season 10 is better than 8 and 9. Though at least Sam cared that Dean was a demon and actually looked for him and all that.

• Love 2

I hope this is the right thread and that this video isn't too old. I remembered the characters and  the episodes but, totally forgot about the actors.

The Vampire Diaries connection blew my mind as much as the tweet I saw from Paul Wesley the other day...I totally forgot he played Lucas Luthor on Smallville way way way back in the day.

Their Number pick got me, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't make the connection and I just saw that season on TNT within the last 2 years.

Edited by Morrigan2575
On 12/11/2018 at 5:30 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I hope this is the right thread and that this video isn't too old. I remembered the characters and  the episodes but, totally forgot about the actors.

The Vampire Diaries connection blew my mind as much as the tweet I saw from Paul Wesley the other day...I totally forgot he played Lucas Luthor on Smallville way way way back in the day.

Their Number pick got me, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't make the connection and I just saw that season on TNT within the last 2 years.

Am I crazy for finding "WEN-dih-go" super distracting? 

20 hours ago, lmdreamer said:

It is annoying that they keep ignoring our michael who is still in the cage.

Also if the angels are worried about heaven and need arch angel grace so bad, why are they not looking into this? 

• Love 1