Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, tinaw said:

I missed if Destiny came out as Bi or Hetro

She didn't come out. They actually clowned Mike for thinking that. They said that it was motivated by his vanity and insecurity because Destiney isn't sexually interested in him.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Is it worth $40,000 - $75,000, to get him out her life? It probably is.

That will certainly pay for her to have a baby. Seems like a much better use for it anyway. Turn a negative into a positive. 

• Love 1

With the exception of Nema & his sister, the rest of these people are such a poor representation of Persians, unless this is what they are all like. It seems as though rather than showing highly educated, productive and inspiring people we have overdressed, over made up, status symbol and jewelry loving, lazy, loud and profane people who would make me run from if Ihad to do business with them. I know this is Bravo but I don’t find them interesting, entertaining or like able and if they don’t get another season I won’t shed a tear.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

With the exception of Nema & his sister, the rest of these people are such a poor representation of Persians, unless this is what they are all like. 

Yes.  It's true.  We are all like this. I would totes run in the opposite direction if I met one, and I *am* one.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She didn't come out. They actually clowned Mike for thinking that. They said that it was motivated by his vanity and insecurity because Destiney isn't sexually interested in him.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Gotta try to catch it now

5 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

With the exception of Nema & his sister, the rest of these people are such a poor representation of Persians, unless this is what they are all like. 

Yep, ALL of us Persians are totally just like these 6 or 7 people. Well, we're either like this or all terrorists, depending on who you ask. But hey, at least we have yummy food. 

• Love 10

Is anyone else getting gay vibes from Mike? After unsuccessfully trying to "out" Destiney, he proclaims his participation in the gay, lesbian and bi jewish-iranian community (there is one?). And then declares his love for and nearly makes out with Reza (who were both dressed in matching chest-out tight suits). Mike and Reza each have their own brand of misogyny - Reza's "I'm gay, bitch!" and Mike's contemptuous inability to be faithful to any one woman. If I had only ever seen this one episode of Shahs, I would think Mike is really a closet case.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, wallies said:

Is anyone else getting gay vibes from Mike? After unsuccessfully trying to "out" Destiney, he proclaims his participation in the gay, lesbian and bi jewish-iranian community (there is one?). And then declares his love for and nearly makes out with Reza (who were both dressed in matching chest-out tight suits). Mike and Reza each have their own brand of misogyny - Reza's "I'm gay, bitch!" and Mike's contemptuous inability to be faithful to any one woman. If I had only ever seen this one episode of Shahs, I would think Mike is really a closet case.

I think Mike is of course overcompensating for his various shortcomings. However, I think Mike has become a little bit protective of his support from gay fans after Reza repeatedly called a recent gay Iranian immigrant a faggot and was kicked off the Persian Pride float in season 3.

Tommy might not be my cup of tea...he’s loud and brash and crude, but he has a heart of gold. He’s not only looking out for his wife MJ but he’s looking out for tough nut Veda too (see how solitious he was to Veda walking on set?) and trying to keep the relationship between mother and daughter smooth. Kudos to Tommy....it seems to be working. He’s the kind of guy I want on my team.

• Love 12
On 11/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, KeeperOfTheIce said:

Sad that GG is so damaged - Nema seems like a genuine nice guy who could have been good for her.

I wonder how much is "damage" as opposed to just being a raging asshole.  Neither Nema nor a truckload of pot can reign in her awfulness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don’t care if pot is legal in California or not, just like alcohol, it isn’t meant to use all day and night.  That is a problem.  I would think GG has been through her fair share of therapy as she seemed to have exhibited issues from an early age.  I would even think she’s been on meds from a physiatrist.  In the end, nothing seems to have helped.  The thought of her having a child is frightening.  Who knows, it could turn her life around.  Then again, maybe not.  Then the child would suffer.  I can’t stand Reza and he has done some horrible things to GG.  I can’t wait for his hair products to fail.  I’m sorry for Adam.

I think MJ could be a good mom.  As someone upthread mentioned, Vita will be a problem.  I have a policy in regard to my grandkids, I rarely offer any voluntary parenting advise.  I only give it if I’m asked.  It keep things copacetic.

Love Nema, I hope he returns.  The show needs him.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 4

I didn't like Destiney this season but watching the reunion, I actually don't mind her. She can stick around but needs a better storyline than "searching for bio dad." I feel for her in a way but I don't care *that* much about it. It'll be interesting to see next season unfold. I'm definitely hooked after this being my first full season. The food always makes me hungry though. I'll have to dvr it and only watch at dinner time.

• Love 4

I got very behind watching this season so I just saw this episode.  When, at the cake tasting, Reza asked that if MJ was a dessert, what would she be - was I the only who yelled, "Buttery chocolate croissant!!??"  Just me? Ok.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I just caught-up on this mess after I forgot about this show back in October.  Yikes!  Where to go from here?  I don't really see much in the way of untold story.  This show could end now without any loose ends, and it probably should.

Edited by strongoxman
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2018 at 4:34 AM, strongoxman said:

I just caught-up on this mess after I forgot about this show back in October.  Yikes!  Where to go from here?  I don't really see much in the way of untold story.  This show could end now without any loose ends, and it probably should.

I'm not a regular viewer of this show, but, have turned in occasionally.  As I watch it, I just can't figure out what is wrong with this cast.  They are very perplexing to me. And, I don't mean that in a good way. 

• Love 1
On 11/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Yep, ALL of us Persians are totally just like these 6 or 7 people. Well, we're either like this or all terrorists, depending on who you ask. But hey, at least we have yummy food. 

I don't think these 6 or 7 people are representative of Persians. People are just people (Just like the caucasian cast members on MTV's The Hills) there's good ones, bad ones, crazy ones.

And the mention of the yummy food isn't really about the food. It's about these people actually EATING it! All the other Bravo reality shows there is often delicious, expensive food presented and they just nibble. So afraid to gain an ounce of weight. 

There's a beautiful county park near where I live and every year people come to celebrate the Persian new year at this location. I must say that Persians are one of the most attractive/beautiful ethnicities I've ever seen. I would hope that most folks are smart enough to know that The Shahs of Sunset cast members  are only representing who they are as people, not as Persians.

• Love 3
On 7/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, chenoa333 said:

I don't think these 6 or 7 people are representative of Persians. People are just people (Just like the caucasian cast members on MTV's The Hills) there's good ones, bad ones, crazy ones.

And the mention of the yummy food isn't really about the food. It's about these people actually EATING it! All the other Bravo reality shows there is often delicious, expensive food presented and they just nibble. So afraid to gain an ounce of weight. 

There's a beautiful county park near where I live and every year people come to celebrate the Persian new year at this location. I must say that Persians are one of the most attractive/beautiful ethnicities I've ever seen. I would hope that most folks are smart enough to know that The Shahs of Sunset cast members  are only representing who they are as people, not as Persians.

What you said about the food definitely applies to the RHBH. Erika is the only one who seems to enjoy food without shame. Us foodies love to see delicious food and people actually tearing it up! 

And I agree with the rest of your post as well. I think it’s offensive to say all Persians could be like these people. It’s like asking if the Jersey Shore cast represents what Italians are all like. I watch Shahs for the same reason I watch other reality shows-these people are entertaining and can be outrageous. I don’t expect normalcy or an accurate representation of any group of people in any of my guilty pleasure reality shows. 

I know a lot of Persians, and most of them are polite, educated, and absolutely nothing like the Shahs cast. And I agree about Persian beauty. Most of the Persian girls I know are way prettier than the Shahs cast members. One of my Persian friends literally said he was surprised the show didn’t cast hotter people when there are so many good looking Persians, especially in Los Angeles. 

• Love 3