Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Well This Took a Dark Turn

• Start Topic

While Red and Carol scheme against Frieda, Suzanne watches Frieda's back. Lorna swears her allegiance to Barb as Nicky works to thwart another plot.

3 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

People ‘mess with’ Chapman because she’s a know-it-all a-hole who constantly sticks her nose where it doesn’t belong. She never takes responsibility for her actions. She completely lacks self awareness. I doubt that was any different outside of prison! Argh I haaaate her.  

Yup. I mean I’m sure her privilege is a part of it but it gets worse and worse as each season progresses. Because then she tries to be self aware or says she is or something and then here we are back again. 

But also.. I mean Madison just sucks. It’s not making me like piper any more or less but Madison is just an awful character.She just seems like she wants to fight to fight and also to act like a disgruntled rabid teenager which.. maybe is the point of the character? I don’t know. Nothing about me is really connecting to this character and I keep hoping something happens and she disappears.

• Love 22

It was realistic that Cindy stuck with her story  but I was hoping for a dramatic cliched turn to save Tasha and her own health.  :(

I'd like to see Piper and Madison take each other out. hate them both.  And why is Alex so on the sidelines this year? One episode of interest with Madison and that's it.  I was hoping to see her get drawn back into her drug boss ways....

2 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

It was realistic that Cindy stuck with her story  but I was hoping for a dramatic cliched turn to save Tasha and her own health.  :(

I'd like to see Piper and Madison take each other out. hate them both.  And why is Alex so on the sidelines this year? One episode of interest with Madison and that's it.  I was hoping to see her get drawn back into her drug boss ways....

Laura Prepon directed this episode.  Depending on the filming schedule that have affected her availability for some eps. 

• Love 5
On 7/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean Madison just sucks. It’s not making me like piper any more or less but Madison is just an awful character.She just seems like she wants to fight to fight and also to act like a disgruntled rabid teenager which..

They keep showing Carol saying to her, that's not funny, or you're not doing your job. The whole phone scam was Alex. I just don't find the character believable enough that no one has given her a beat down by now nor is she clever enough to have worked her way up in the power structure. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, ganesh said:

They keep showing Carol saying to her, that's not funny, or you're not doing your job. The whole phone scam was Alex. I just don't find the character believable enough that no one has given her a beat down by now nor is she clever enough to have worked her way up in the power structure. 

Yeah.. I don’t get her either. I agree, she doesn’t seem smart enough or important enough for Carol to keep her around. Anytime she has met with Carol she’s like “and.. ?” Like madison sucks at getting info and keeping the drugs going, why is Carol giving her second and third and more chances? Why hasn’t she just cut her losses and had one of her other many minions hurt her enough to keep her out of the prison long enough that when she returns, Carol says she isn’t needed.

Like you said from what we see, Madison isn’t doing anything That Carol hasn’t found out herself or even offering anything to the gang group. All she does is run around playing pranks, like a child. 

Also I have to say normally people’s flashbacks give me insight and help me see the characters in a new light and understand them better. In some cases it doesn’t work-Pipers never made me like her any more, neither did Flackas or her friends, and neither did Madisons. She got teased by people in school and some type of reform boot camp and all we saw was her ignore advice from a counselor to stay away from said girls and light a girl on fire and attack her parents.. sorry she gets no sympathy. I mean I don’t know if we were supposed to believe her parents were awful but from that little scene it seemed like her parents were at the end of the rope because Madison pulled crap like that at school a lot and they couldn’t deal anymore: but all Madison’s flashback proved to

me is that she’s the same as she was a teenager.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

So the red head woman guard really needs to win the pool that badly she will put those sisters in the same cell?

My first thought was "this is totally unbelievable that someone wouldn't call that out!" Another guard (one who wasn't playing the game) or someone. To double up in cells when it looked like a bunch were empty at the time, especially with two inmates who have known issues. My second thought though was "it wouldn't be the worst thing happening in prisons today, sadly."

• Love 2

Although we don't know that she's not going to do something later, I was impressed by Ruiz's restraint when the babykiller told her that she was the one who tried to drown Ruiz in the toilet.  I can't believe Ruiz didn't jump on her and start beating her.  Maybe spending time with the Bible study group did help her. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

Although we don't know that she's not going to do something later, I was impressed by Ruiz's restraint when the babykiller told her that she was the one who tried to drown Ruiz in the toilet.  I can't believe Ruiz didn't jump on her and start beating her.  Maybe spending time with the Bible study group did help her. 

And are there any consequences for Hoefler?  I mean, that's attempted murder, and she said it to a full prayer circle - surely someone notified the administration of her confession, right??!?

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Lurky McLurkerson said:
8 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

And are there any consequences for Hoefler?  I mean, that's attempted murder, and she said it to a full prayer circle - surely someone notified the administration of her confession, right??!?

Maybe they consider it like the Catholic Seal of Confession.  What's said in prayer circle stays in prayer circle.  And obviously nothing happened to Babykiller, because she was in on the silly promotional video later. But you're right, why does Red go to SHU for trying to choke Frieda but Hoefler doesn't for trying to drown Ruiz? 

• Love 5
On 30/07/2018 at 6:45 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. I don’t get her either. I agree, she doesn’t seem smart enough or important enough for Carol to keep her around. Anytime she has met with Carol she’s like “and.. ?” Like madison sucks at getting info and keeping the drugs going, why is Carol giving her second and third and more chances? Why hasn’t she just cut her losses and had one of her other many minions hurt her enough to keep her out of the prison long enough that when she returns, Carol says she isn’t needed.

I can kind of see why Carol keeps her around. Now I have never been to prison, but I can see how if you are a prison boss having someone who is super dumb but 100% loyal and willing to do anything you say could be kind of useful.

• Love 3

I understand this is about prison and it’s not supposed to be a happy place. It’s causing me anxiety to watch this season. To me,  it is not the enjoyable show I loved and I find myself fast forwarding through scenes. I also could not stop watching past seasons and this one is taking me awhile to get through. Shows often run their course so it should not be totally surprising. I would rather see original characters in the lower security “camp” than this mess. I wish it would go back to its roots since I don’t find myself caring at all about the sisters and I have raging hate for Madison. And of all the original crew to focus on...Zirconia...really?!?! Ugh. Where is my Big Boo!!!!???? I’d even prefer YogaJones at this point. 

Edited by jenifaohjenny
Typo
  • Love 6
On 7/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, Kroliosis said:

People ‘mess with’ Chapman because she’s a know-it-all a-hole who constantly sticks her nose where it doesn’t belong. She never takes responsibility for her actions. She completely lacks self awareness. I doubt that was any different outside of prison! Argh I haaaate her.  

Red made a disparaging comment about Chevy Chase’s character in the National Lampoon Vacation movies a few episodes back—“What’s so entertaining about screwing everything up?”

That is pretty much how I feel about  Piper. She’s not a target for the other inmates solely because of her privilege, but because she’s a know-it-all who completely lacks self-awareness and is rather dense. She may be educated, but she is not at all wise, and has spectacularly poor judgment. It’s frustrating to watch her, and I wish the show would move on from her character or have her evolve in some way. 

I think Barb and Carol are the most interesting Big Bads the show has presented since Vee. That their relationship is so rich in history adds a compelling element to their feud, and last episode’s flashbacks clarified just how legitimate a threat they are to each other and any other inmate who gets in their way. 

• Love 9

Maybe they consider it like the Catholic Seal of Confession.  What's said in prayer circle stays in prayer circle.  And obviously nothing happened to Babykiller, because she was in on the silly promotional video later. But you're right, why does Red go to SHU for trying to choke Frieda but Hoefler doesn't for trying to drown Ruiz? 

What difference does it make though? Isn't baby-killer already serving life in prison? It's not like they could add more time to her sentence. I suppose she could be put into solitary confinement but that's about it.

Shame on that guard for letting Aleida emasculate him into joining her stupid drug smuggling scheme.  I'm sure the season will end with both of them in prison.  At least Aleida will be reunited with her equally stupid daughter Daya.  I never cared for Daya, and her whole tough girl bit with Nicky was ridiculous.  Nicky of course was clever enough to get her verbal shots in while talking herself out of a lynching.

• Love 1

Can someone explain what the whole scheme was concerning Frieda and the woman with all the commissary items? How did Frieda know she was the would-be assassin? Or was she? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I was totally confused.

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Can someone explain what the whole scheme was concerning Frieda and the woman with all the commissary items? How did Frieda know she was the would-be assassin? Or was she? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I was totally confused.

She was the assassin, or would-be-assassin.  Frieda noticed all the commissary items and when she asked her how she had so much money, the woman lied about a relative passing away and leaving her money.  Frieda is exceptionally good at sniffing out a lie, so she didn’t fall for it and foiled the woman’s plan.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She was the assassin, or would-be-assassin.  Frieda noticed all the commissary items and when she asked her how she had so much money, the woman lied about a relative passing away and leaving her money.  Frieda is exceptionally good at sniffing out a lie, so she didn’t fall for it and foiled the woman’s plan.  

But what was the plan? And how did Frieda know to suspect her?

6 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Frieda suspected everyone, but what clinched it for her was when the assassin used the sisters catchphrase back at her. “Bull shit” “bull true”

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Like @Ceindreadh said, when the assassin-to-be said “bull-true,” that clinched it.  That lady would only know that stupid phrase from spending time with Barb or Carole.

Frieda knew the sisters would pay someone to go after her, she just had to figure out who was going to be the person to do it.

She didn’t know the exact plan, but when she figured out who it was, she shut it down.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2018 at 10:00 AM, Kroliosis said:

Seriously. When Taystee said it was all about her white privilege, I was like damn Taystee, you had the opportunity to tell Piper that the real reason people mess with her is because she's an insufferable know it all who is utterly clueless, can't take a hint/read the room, and always sees herself as the victim. There are other white prisoners who don't get picked on the way Piper does because she has her head firmly up her ass at all times.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:54 AM, Armchair Critic said:

So the red head woman guard really needs to win the pool that badly she will put those sisters in the same cell?

I was trying to figure out how Ginger is going to explain the way they ended up in the same cell since they're from different blocks.

I was hoping that Sophia wouldn't take the money (or that she would at least ask for a lot more money). I was also kind of hoping that Linda would fire that dickhead guard for clearly not doing his job. No wonder people can smuggle things in if he's too busy watching videos on his ipad to watch what's going through the x-ray machine.

• Love 2