Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Everyone Is Implicated

talktoomuch
  • Start Topic

James "Ghost" St. Patrick forms a dangerous alliance with his brother-in-arms, Tommy, and mortal enemy Kanan. Angela is implicated in murder and turns to an unlikely ally. Tasha enlists LaKeisha to protect Tariq.

I will not last another season of Tariq being too stupid to breathe. I just can't. How do you get your sister killed and can't even give her the respect of the eulogy because you're still obsessed with Dre. Someone, anyone please kill Tariq already. 

• Love 7

Tariq. Stuck on stupid, indeed. He must've been dropped on his head when he was a baby.

Ugh, Mak. Still as smarmy as ever.

Does Angela not know how IP addresses work?

Heh, Tommy's all about La Famiglia now that he's been Italian for five minutes. He doesn't know who he's messing with.

Debbi Morgan! And she looked fabulous.

Will no one rid me of this tiresome Dre? The guy has more lives than 37 cats. And now Tommy's going to be in trouble for getting those two mafia hitters killed in an unsanctioned operation.

Good start to the season.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought it was pretty clear that Tariq running to the bathroom to text Dre was part of the "plan".  The mutual nod when Tariq came to walk the casket down between him and Ghost kind of confirmed it for me.  

Angela MUST get fired by the end of this season. Forget future cases.  This bitch is breaking all kinds of protocol and using somebody else's name to do it (yet still using her own computer).  I'm interested to see what the NYPD Internal Affairs lady will come to up with.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wasn't sure if Tariq just needs to be somebody's bitch--from Kanan's to Ray Ray's to now Dre's--or if it was part of the plan. I guess it was since the nod makes sense like what @FuriousStyles posted.

I love this show and am so glad it's back. Enjoying the development of Angela and Tasha working together as well as Kanan, Ghost, and Tommy.

Edited by anonymiss
28 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

I thought it was pretty clear that Tariq running to the bathroom to text Dre was part of the "plan".  The mutual nod when Tariq came to walk the casket down between him and Ghost kind of confirmed it for me.  

I didn't get that at all. I read the nod as acknowledgement that Tariq was "stepping up" for his sister by being an unscheduled pall bearer and that Ghost and Tariq were ok after their earlier fight. Ghost is too smart to include Tariq in any kind of plan. 

When Tasha was talking about her 2 remaining kids, it took me a full 2 minutes to remember that other little girl.

• Love 7

For real, that baby hasn’t been on screen in like two seasons.

Angela is supposed to be brilliant - scholarship to Andover or Exeter or one of those top-tier boarding schools, brilliant prosecutor - yet she stays making dumb mistakes. The IAB lady is a nice foil, and I like Angela and Tasha working together. Are Ghost (I still don’t like that Tasha calls him Ghost at home, although I guess she can do it in front of Tariq since Tariq is determined to be in The Life) and Tasha still getting divorced?

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

For real, that baby hasn’t been on screen in like two seasons.

Angela is supposed to be brilliant - scholarship to Andover or Exeter or one of those top-tier boarding schools, brilliant prosecutor - yet she stays making dumb mistakes. The IAB lady is a nice foil, and I like Angela and Tasha working together. Are Ghost (I still don’t like that Tasha calls him Ghost at home, although I guess she can do it in front of Tariq since Tariq is determined to be in The Life) and Tasha still getting divorced?

See that never made sense to me, calling him Ghost at home. I’m going back to the first season to see if that was always the case. Who does that? Especially now when they know Tommy was on trial for being mistaken as Ghost. That’s just dumb, lazy writing.

• Love 4

They’ve done it for a while. I remember when he was in jail and they were going to visit or talk to him, Tasha told the kids not to call him Ghost during the visit. It’s both stupid and dangerous to use his street name at home (kids are not known for their discretion) and you’d think Ghost, who is supposed to be smart, would have put a stop to it immediately, but he hasn’t. It’s very stupid writing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, announcergirl said:

See that never made sense to me, calling him Ghost at home. I’m going back to the first season to see if that was always the case. Who does that? Especially now when they know Tommy was on trial for being mistaken as Ghost. That’s just dumb, lazy writing.

It's not even a good nickname for the house. "Ghost" does not roll off the tongue.

"Ghost can you take out the trash?".  that's dumb.

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree FutureStyles - now that I think about it, it was obviously a plan that Tariq "warns" Dre to get him to run away from Kanan's hit men at the party and making him go to the basement to the Italian's waiting for him to bring  him to Tommy.  Tommy wants to kill Dre, he didn't want Kanan to be the one to do it.  Tariq is fully drawn in now.  The fact that Tommy told Ghost that "K has his eyes on Dre" was clue that Kanan's men were in position to hit Dre, but that they needed to move on their own plan.  I think that is why Ghost gave Tariq the fistpump, and then the knowing glance afterwards.

Unfortunately for Tommy this will only cause him more problems with the Italians - he ordered their hitmen to do a side job without going through the big boss. And got them killed.

Whole season will be trying to take Dre down.

But can anyone even trust Kanan?

Edited by MV713
added another thought

I thought Dre was in this because Kanan was threatening his daughter?  Why didn't he just tell Ghost that at the cemetery? I swear, this show has me blinded by the dumb so much I can't even keep track. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BindsTheTuna said:

I thought Dre was in this because Kanan was threatening his daughter?  Why didn't he just tell Ghost that at the cemetery? I swear, this show has me blinded by the dumb so much I can't even keep track. 

I was thinking Dre sure has evolved into a supervillain quickly. He went from being a good errand boy just trying to look after his daughter to having plans for total domination.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, MyRealName said:

I didn't get that at all. I read the nod as acknowledgement that Tariq was "stepping up" for his sister by being an unscheduled pall bearer and that Ghost and Tariq were ok after their earlier fight. Ghost is too smart to include Tariq in any kind of plan. 

When Tasha was talking about her 2 remaining kids, it took me a full 2 minutes to remember that other little girl.

I agree, I think the text was a betrayal by Tariq and I think James has no idea. And I think eventually it'll come to light. It would be interesting if they had James mirror Kanan by killing Tariq, but I don't think the show would go there.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Does Angela not know how IP addresses work?

This!  Also, that she even had to think twice about using her own credentials to log-in to the system.  And lying about being at the crime scene when so many people saw her there.  

dummy-gif-10.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BindsTheTuna said:

Me too. I am also baffled as to why Ghost is so fixated on Dre being the problem and not Kanan. 

(edited)
21 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

Me too. I am also baffled as to why Ghost is so fixated on Dre being the problem and not Kanan. 

Same! Kanan was the one who introduced silly-ass Tariq to "the life." Tariq was dumb enough to dive headfirst into it, but this whole thing was a revenge plot Kanan came up with to get back at Ghost. At the time, Dre warned Tariq to stay away from Kanan, but he couldn't go into it since Kanan threatened his daughter. I guess the writers forgot about that tidbit. 

Now Ghost forms an alliance with him and all is well? It's Dre that's solely at fault? Dre gotta get his, but the chain of events didn't start with him.

It always bothered me that Tasha and Tommy would call James by his street name at home. James was supposed to be playing the part of the upstanding club owner. That's the side of him his kids were supposed to know about, not the drug dealer and murderer. So sloppy and silly.

Everyone has said more than enough about Tariq. I hope Michael Rainey isn't on social media because I know fools would confuse him with his character. Lela Loren used to? receive death threats.

Forgot to mention, Tasha needs to karate chop Ghost in the throat the next time he blames her for Tariq. This is the second time he put it on her that she wasn't "watching the kids/only had one job." This ninja, I swear. While he was out there smashing Angela and getting arrested for Greg's murder, Tasha had to hold things down. See, this is why being ride-or-die is a scam that I refuse to participate in. It's a thankless, waste of time. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Same! Kanan was the one who introduced silly-ass Tariq to "the life." Tariq was dumb enough to dive headfirst into it, but this whole thing was a revenge plot Kanan came up with to get back at Ghost. At the time, Dre warned Tariq to stay away from Kanan, but he couldn't go into it since Kanan threatened his daughter. I guess the writers forgot about that tidbit. 

Now Ghost forms an alliance with him and all is well? It's Dre that's solely at fault? Dre gotta get his, but the chain of events didn't start with him.

It always bothered me that Tasha and Tommy would call James by his street name at home. James was supposed to be playing the part of the upstanding club owner. That's the side of him his kids were supposed to know about, not the drug dealer and murderer. So sloppy and silly.

Everyone has said more than enough about Tariq. I hope Michael Rainey isn't on social media because I know fools would confuse him with his character. Lela Loren used to? receive death threats.

That's so pathetic for the people sending them. I remember hearing that when Sex and the City was still on, people used to go up to Bridget Moynihan, who played Mr. Big's wife Natasha, and curse her out and tell her to stay away from Mr. Big because he belonged with Carrie. Like, get a damn life, people. The show is FICTION.

• Love 5
(edited)

Raina's death is still stupid and pointless.  And, so tired of Tariq and his nonsense.  Really, the actor kind of bugs because everything I've seen him has him being the angry son.  Dude, needs to get some other roles to expand his range.  From the previews of the season, Tariq's behavior is going get WAY worse.  Really looking forward to that./sarcasm

Wondered how the show was going to keep Dre around.  Also, what is up with gang leaders having their "best guys" getting taken out.  Kanan's hitters were inept and now these Italian guys are just as bad.  Tommy certainly wasn't getting what he paid for.  Now, it's going to cost Tommy a lot more due to their screwup.

Edited by PsychoDrone

It was a strong opening. 

1. Angela- please shut the fuck up!! How is she so self righteous?!!! She’s CROOKED. 

2. Tasha is the smartest of them all, Do. Not. Trust. Kanan. 

3. Tariq is such a fuck up, I do want his father to kick his ass and remind him who’s in charge BUT 

4. James- don’t blame everyone else for your poor parenting. TASHA wasn’t watching him?!! You were in prison for letting your girlfriend get in your business and ended up being framed for the one person you didn’t kill. 

5. I knew that girl from season 1 episode 1 would appear again. 

P.S. I love Tommy but he’s so eager for family he’s making a mistake trusting these guys. 

• Love 2
On 7/2/2018 at 6:58 PM, Sheenieb said:

I agree this is sloppy and silly on the writers' part, but I think it's purposeful. To make James/Angela (Jangie? Jamela? I hate couple names!) rootworthy, the appeal of Angela has to remain that with her "Jamie" can be more than a drug dealer. While with Tasha that's all "Ghost" will ever be. Having Angela always call him Jamie while Tasha always calls him Ghost is the way the writers anviliciously remind us of that.

• Love 1