Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Doug LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Threnners said:

Why doesn't he have a job?

He couldn't work when he was so heavy. And now, probably can't afford child care for the twins. It's probably more cost effective now to have him home. Otherwise, he'll be working to keep the twins in daycare and taking home very little money.  

• Love 7

Oh dear. It Does look like he's about to turn things around.  <head falls back in dismay>  Damn! almost an hour to go, and he's going to become a good patient and do what he's supposed to?!!

what a bummer.

Poor us. :-(

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Despite his whiner mentality, I really like Doug.  He fairs very well compared to the other 600-pounders, as does his wife.  Well-spoken, communicative, teeth, hygiene.

"...teeth.."

I snorted in a most unladylike way when I read that.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, honeywest said:

Does this mean Doug’s destiny is art?

Well, it had better be. God forbid he FAILS AT IT. His family will never hear the end of it. 

1 minute ago, aliya said:

Did this guy have a job before? Is he the one who was making t-shirts?  There's more to graphic design than drawing super heroes. 

Yes, he was. I wonder why he didn't continue to pursue that. He was going to at the end of the initial episode.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Despite his whiner mentality, I really like Doug.  He fairs very well compared to the other 600-pounders, as does his wife.  Well-spoken, communicative, teeth, hygiene.

Plus he wears shoes! Actual shoes!

• Love 11
Just now, Susanlynn9 said:

How is Ashley helping him find time to do graphic design? She works full time and still does stuff at home. What more does he want from her?

She's taking care of the kids when she gets home so poor Doug can sit at the computer. Hey Doug! You ever hear of doing stuff during naptime?? Or let your kids learn how to play quietly for a bit. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Oh dear. It Does look like he's about to turn things around.  <head falls back in dismay>  Damn! almost an hour to go, and he's going to become a good patient and do what he's supposed to?!!

what a bummer.

Poor us. :-(

Not to worry @DEG9 there's always next week!!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Does he think he can miraculously step into a career?

I hope he doesn't expect to step into a high paying graphic designer position, when I was hired 25 years ago they didn't require much but now my same position requires a college degree/courses. Kind of ironic him complaining about not having an identity because many housewives have been doing it for years, now he knows how they feel.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Well at least the house is clean, I see Doug vacuuming.

This is one of the cleanest houses I've ever seen on this show. And that's where I am right now with this episode, where the clean house is the most exciting aspect of watching.

Just now, QuinnInND said:

She's taking care of the kids when she gets home so poor Doug can sit at the computer. Hey Doug! You ever hear of doing stuff during naptime?? Or let your kids learn how to play quietly for a bit. 

Aw, now that’s expecting too much from him!  Interestingly we had a discussion on Facebook with a mom of three who sews the most amazing clothes for her twin toddlers and their 4 year old brother, asking where she found the time.  Nap time was her primary sewing time!  Amazing that Doug can’t figure any of that out.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Now he’ll go out and meet with someone to get his ART CAREER off the ground!!  Just like Melissa and her motivational speaker career.  

He found that ad in a magazine--"can you be an artist? DRAW THIS DOG".

• Love 12
Just now, Susanlynn9 said:

I'm sorry, but he looked so silly with that teeny, tiny umbrella!

And totally stupid to need an umbrella to just get from the house to the car.  It wasn't like it was a monsoon. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I wonder who it was at TLC who decided to give Doug an entire two hours for his snooze-fest and have James share a show? Somebody at TLC is a real bonehead!

Ha I said the same thing!

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

Aw, now that’s expecting too much from him!  Interestingly we had a discussion on Facebook with a mom of three who sews the most amazing clothes for her twin toddlers and their 4 year old brother, asking where she found the time.  Nap time was her primary sewing time!  Amazing that Doug can’t figure any of that out.

Right? Naptime for my twin toddlers is my time to get stuff done that's too much to get done when they're up and going. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He found that ad in a magazine--"can you be an artist? DRAW THIS DOG".

He could win $5,000 in monthly prizes!

a9faouif.thumb.jpg.05992c20cfd9a0509c76e0df70b8e51d.jpg

If you look really closely you can see the tiny little man playing his teeny little violin on Doug's shoulder.  This epic pity party needs some music for maximum impact.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hope he doesn't expect to step into a high paying graphic designer position, when I was hired 25 years ago they didn't require much but now my same position requires a college degree/courses. Kind of ironic him complaining about not having an identity because many housewives have been doing it for years, now he knows how they feel.

Yeah, the 3 graphic design people I know all went to college, have portfolios, do work for small groups like church groups to keep their hand in, etc.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm scared he's going to send me back--to the HOLE. Jesus, Doug, drama much?

Nah, he's just looking for any excuse to return to carbs!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So two whole hours of Milquetoast Doug and James did not get his own episode? I call shenanigans.

Please, oh please tell me it doesn't mean that TLC is planning a third installment of the James K and Hell Spawn Lisa shit show sainte-chapelle!

• Love 3
Just now, toodles said:

If you look really closely you can see the tiny little man playing his teeny little violin on Doug's shoulder.  This epic pity party needs some music for maximum impact.

That made me laugh out loud. Scared my cats!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

He gained 6 lbs!! Hahaha. Yeah, Doug is surprised. He's the only one! 

No surprise by his wife at all. It was nice of her to refrain from saying "I told you so!."

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Why didn’t they pair Doug with Melissa? Neither of them needed a whole two hours to themselves. 

there are probably folks who do not want the continued scrutiny. Possibly, at the time they were filming Doug, there was no one else available.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Please, oh please tell me it doesn't mean that TLC is planning a third installment of the James K and Hell Spawn Lisa shit show sainte-chapelle!

It would certainly be interesting and snark-worthy.

• Love 4