Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: No Place That Far

That was rough. Alanna had her own plot, Jessie had her own plot, "kid with an inexplicable crush on Maddie" had his own plot. All the regulars were supporting characters in these plots -- Juliette was the only one with a plot about HER. Why are they continuing to waste time with so little left?

• Love 10
(edited)

Yeah.. I think I watched in total about maybe 15 minutes of this episode? Just the Juliette scenes and I hate this plot but it’s the only one I didn’t fast forward. 

Seriously .. this is how they’re wrapping things up?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

That was rough. Alanna had her own plot, Jessie had her own plot, "kid with an inexplicable crush on Maddie" had his own plot. All the regulars were supporting characters in these plots -- Juliette was the only one with a plot about HER. Why are they continuing to waste time with so little left?

Yeah, & I hate Juliette's plot, & now that she's knocked up again, they're going to go back to the Juliette/Avery back together, not together, back together seesaw that they were on before. I put what I think is going to happen in the speculation thread, it may put them back together again.

• Love 2

You're right, Gesundheit, but I still liked this episode much more than last week's. I loved watching Will be the relationship counselor for the band.  I was so glad to see Avery and Gunnar actually talking to each other and trying to see the other's point-of-view, although I think both of them should do some serious thinking about WHY they picked this particular woman to obsess over. I like the idea of Twig and Maddie much more than if they actually got together.  No matter how badly the boyfriend treats her (and to be fair, Maddie allows it), it would be odd for Twig to throw away a long-term friendship for what would probably be a 3 month relationship with Maddie.

Hayden's storyline was much better than I thought it would be.  Even though she got herself into this mess and should have seen it coming a mile down the tracks, still, in the scenes where the pod-people where being oh-so-concerned about her violent behavior, I wanted Juliette to punch them both.  And I'm not a violent person at all, but that kind of condescending crap would send me over the edge quickly.  And why can't these grown adults avoid an unplanned pregnancy?

Since these story-runners can only recycle past storylines, can we please have a drunk Alannah on a roof who "accidentally" takes Brad over the edge with her?

• Love 11

I was having trouble figuring out purple hair girl in her scenes with Avery.  It seemed like she was being totally fake and didn’t mean the stuff she was saying...like she was continuing her scheming or whatever.  But then I was wondering if maybe she really is that bad of an actress and we were supposed to actually believe she was sincere.

All of Juliet’s storyline was ridiculous and I want it to be over now.

• Love 5

@seewillrun, I forgot to ask, how did you set the topic up?I was going to, but didn't see any of the fields for season, episode, or date, did you just type it all in like that in the title line, or is there something you did to get those fields?

1 minute ago, GaT said:

@seewillrun, I forgot to ask, how did you set the topic up?I was going to, but didn't see any of the fields for season, episode, or date, did you just type it all in like that in the title line, or is there something you did to get those fields?

Yes, I typed it in like that, because I don't really know how else to post a new topic.  I figured it I did it wrong, someone would scold me and fix it. 

• Love 1

Oh yes, I did like the Will-counseling-Avery-and-Gunnar stuff. That was fun. The Juliette stuff? Ugh. And now Avery's going to take her back AGAIN. Admittedly I did love them together once, but she has treated him like dirt for too long and has broken his heart too many times. There SHOULD be a point of no return and she passed it ages ago. (Not that I don't sympathize for her CURRENT situation. Just... no reunion please.)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, seewillrun said:

Yes, I typed it in like that, because I don't really know how else to post a new topic.  I figured it I did it wrong, someone would scold me and fix it. 

There's a specific way to set up an episode thread. Ask a mod to change the way this one was created, because it wasn't done with that format. Not a big deal, but will affect how people search/find this in the future. :)

55 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

There SHOULD be a point of no return and she passed it ages ago.

I absolutely agree that they should strictly be co-parents from now on, especially as it seems that Juliette never learns from past mistakes.  At this point I would be fine with that ending for this couple, but I think that the writers are going to want at least one couple to have a happily ever after fairy-tale ending.  And this couple is pretty much all they have to work with.  Whether Deacon and Jessie get back together or not, they will not be viewed as the series "couple" and shouldn't be, though I don't have an issue with their relationship.  They are not the Nashville couple.  Juliette and Avery have had a connection since the first episode, so we'll see.  On the other hand, these writers seem to have as many chemical dependency issues as Deacon back in the day, based on their storylines over the last few months so there is really no guessing as to the finale.    

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

There's a specific way to set up an episode thread. Ask a mod to change the way this one was created, because it wasn't done with that format. Not a big deal, but will affect how people search/find this in the future. :)

Topic title formatting is broken right now, so we are indeed typing out the dates for the time being. 

However, the story tag is only used when the site editors link a PTV story -- there shouldn't be any tags on the episode threads in this forum.

If I'm going to have to see Brad in every episode, I'm going to need an update on all of his storylines. There was nothing last night about Nashville's Next Idol Voice and how Daphne has been predetermined to win it so Brad can control her career just to get Deacon's goat. There was also no update on Jessie's custody situation.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

If I'm going to have to see Brad in every episode, I'm going to need an update on all of his storylines. There was nothing last night about Nashville's Next Idol Voice and how Daphne has been predetermined to win it so Brad can control her career just to get Deacon's goat. There was also no update on Jessie's custody situation.

Ha. I mean..  I just.. these storylines aren’t worthy of final season stories. But here we are. 

I guess I’m in the boat alone but I won’t be happy if Juliette and Avery don’t end up together. And look I do think Juliette was awful to avery and I hate what she did and I wish this cult story never happened because it was so dumb but if avery ends up with purple hair, I’ll be really pissed off.

• Love 7

Juliette's storyline felt really disjointed. Last time we saw her she was fully indoctrinated into the cult and telling Avery she didn't want to see him anymore, and this episode started with her criticizing the leadership and wanting to leave. We're clearly supposed to infer that realizing she was pregnant changed her outlook on the situation, but I wish they had actually taken the time to show us that. And the pregnancy makes it pretty clear she and Avery are endgame- it's the only conceivable way Avery could possibly come back to her in the time remaining.

The cast feels less cohesive in general this season.  Characters have always had their own arcs, individually or in small groups, but there used to be way more cross-over interaction, like at the Bluebird or the Highway 65 office. Scarlett is pretty much entirely off on her own, and there are fairly distinct groupings of Will-Avery-Gunnar and Deacon-Maddie-Daphne with very little mixing happening otherwise. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Juliette's storyline felt really disjointed. Last time we saw her she was fully indoctrinated into the cult and telling Avery she didn't want to see him anymore, and this episode started with her criticizing the leadership and wanting to leave. We're clearly supposed to infer that realizing she was pregnant changed her outlook on the situation, but I wish they had actually taken the time to show us that. And the pregnancy makes it pretty clear she and Avery are endgame- it's the only conceivable way Avery could possibly come back to her in the time remaining.

The cast feels less cohesive in general this season.  Characters have always had their own arcs, individually or in small groups, but there used to be way more cross-over interaction, like at the Bluebird or the Highway 65 office. Scarlett is pretty much entirely off on her own, and there are fairly distinct groupings of Will-Avery-Gunnar and Deacon-Maddie-Daphne with very little mixing happening otherwise. 

Yeah this season isn’t cohesive at all. Which.. okay. But it’s the final season, it also doesn’t help that we are focusing on characters we just met this season(part A) it seems like like I said... it’s the final season! I would rather focus on people I know and not following purple hair into a Brad scheme.

• Love 1

Ugh, Avery. Run. Run fast, run far. You do not need another drama queen. Why couldn't Alana have simply been a tool to make the band successful as the finale approached? A fun new friend? But to write her into a solo career AND secret crazy background problems? Too much, show. If this weren't the end, I wouldn't care, because we've seen many damaged ladies on this show who are quickly forgotten (Laura Benanti, Jessy Schram, the homeless car girl, the homeless teenage girl....who am I forgetting?) but in this case, I have a bad feeling we will be asked to accept Avery ending up with Alana over Juliette, and I hope that's not going to happen. (And for the record, I don't necessarily need a happy ending with them as a couple, but friendly co-parents who are devoted to their kids and careers.)

And Maddie. Your sweatshirts and leggings say "relaxing at home." Can we please see your natural lip color next?

Barely any Deacon, no Daphne, no Scarlett. Juliette has been in one of these first three eps, Scarlett in one also. Looks like no Juliette next week. I'm guessing, budget issues?

Was there any music aside from Juliette in bed? Oh yeah, Maddie. The computer version sounded like a bad pop hit from the '80s. Stop the auto tune!

All that aside, I liked seeing Hayden and the return of spunky, feisty Juliette. Plus Mia Maestro! Any refugees from Alias are always welcome on my TV.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

So to speak.

41 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Ugh, Avery. Run. Run fast, run far. You do not need another drama queen. Why couldn't Alana have simply been a tool to make the band successful as the finale approached? A fun new friend? But to write her into a solo career AND secret crazy background problems? Too much, show. If this weren't the end, I wouldn't care, because we've seen many damaged ladies on this show who are quickly forgotten (Laura Benanti, Jessy Schram, the homeless car girl, the homeless teenage girl....who am I forgetting?) but in this case, I have a bad feeling we will be asked to accept Avery ending up with Alana over Juliette, and I hope that's not going to happen. (And for the record, I don't necessarily need a happy ending with them as a couple, but friendly co-parents who are devoted to their kids and careers.)

Layla! Will's ex-wife/beard!

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

God help me if that truck that picked Juliette up at the end was with THEM. Dun dun dun.

I'm guessing the guy is a actually a random, good-hearted Bolivian who just happened to be there. And coincidentally, going to the aeropuerto that seems to be in the middle of nowhere, fortunately for Juliette. (My spidey senses were screaming "rapist!" more than cult guy. Too many procedurals.) 

My guess is that we won't see Juliette next week due to travel time, or she shows up at the end (probably surprising Avery and Alana in bed, knowing this show).

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I guess I’m in the boat alone but I won’t be happy if Juliette and Avery don’t end up together. And look I do think Juliette was awful to avery and I hate what she did and I wish this cult story never happened because it was so dumb but if avery ends up with purple hair, I’ll be really pissed off.

I kinda want them to end up together too. In Juliette's last episode I was pretty fed up with and and decided I didn't want Avery to take her back. But after yesterday's episode when Juliette was acting like herself again, I changed my mind. In real life I would say the couple should call it quits. But there's something about Juliette that makes me always root for her to have a comeback.

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

It sounds like Juliette saw them do something to another woman that made her see things in a different light. I kind of wish they had shown that big moment, but I guess it wasn't possible to shoot that. Either because of HP's availability or budget or something.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I kinda want them to end up together too. In Juliette's last episode I was pretty fed up with and and decided I didn't want Avery to take her back. But after yesterday's episode when Juliette was acting like herself again, I changed my mind. In real life I would say the couple should call it quits. But there's something about Juliette that makes me always root for her to have a comeback.

It sounds like Juliette saw them do something to another woman that made her see things in a different light. I kind of wish they had shown that big moment, but I guess it wasn't possible to shoot that. Either because of HP's availability or budget or something.

Yeah in real life I would be like no they shouldn’t be together, but the other option is avery with purple hair or alone or with a random and I cannot support that.

But also.. the cult story was quite stupid. It never made any sense. To me anyway. So. A part of me is going to probably pretend it never happened and that the show ended when Rayna died because after that, this show got real bad. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah in real life I would be like no they shouldn’t be together, but the other option is avery with purple hair or alone or with a random and I cannot support that.

But also.. the cult story was quite stupid. It never made any sense. To me anyway. So. A part of me is going to probably pretend it never happened and that the show ended when Rayna died because after that, this show got real bad. 

Part of me is going to pretend the show ended before Rayna died. Maybe even pretend that the last episode on ABC was the end, except knowing Juliette got rescued from the plane crash.

• Love 3
Just now, KaveDweller said:

Part of me is going to pretend the show ended before Rayna died. Maybe even pretend that the last episode on ABC was the end, except knowing Juliette got rescued from the plane crash.

I mean.. yeah that’s a good place to end too except for the Juliette ending, all the other endings were a better fit than revived stories we got from cmts pickup. Like I honestly can’t think of one other good thing besides Juliette being alive that the show getting revived did? 

• Love 1

How do we know that Juliette isn't faking the pregnancy? And even if she isn't faking, how do we know that Avery is the father? Hasn't she been down there (and thus away from him) for a LONG time?

During the scene where a post-celebration Alannah was wandering around Nashville while on the phone with Avery, was anyone beside me hoping she'd get hit by a bus or fall off a bridge or something?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, J-Man said:

During the scene where a post-celebration Alannah was wandering around Nashville while on the phone with Avery, was anyone beside me hoping she'd get hit by a bus

LMAO!!! That was about the only thing I was going to say about this episode. I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes or said shutup to the screen. The writing is so bad it's like a shitty alternate universe version of Nashville. I'm not sure it's humanly possible for Avery to be written  more out of character than he was in this episode. His whole response to the concept of the bro code and thinking that was only a "chick thing" is quite possibly the dumbest thing to ever come out of his mouth. He's never been shown to be that stupid or insensitive except maybe for the first season, but he's grown so much since then; that was a giant step backwards and to the left. When all is said and done, maybe there will be enough decent material with the main cast that someone can do a fan edit of the last season-season and a half and remove all the asinine garbage that none of us care about.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, seewillrun said:

I like the idea of Twig and Maddie much more than if they actually got together.  No matter how badly the boyfriend treats her (and to be fair, Maddie allows it), it would be odd for Twig to throw away a long-term friendship for what would probably be a 3 month relationship with Maddie.

I don't know.  At some point Twig has to see that his friend... um.. who probably has name... is a major ass and breaking it off with the asshole who is using him for a three month relationship with Maddie is probably he best thing that will ever happen to Twig.    But I can't say I'm really rooting for Twig and Maddie because Twig legit knows that what's his name is an ass and is two timing Maddie but he doesn't say anything. Bro code and all that, I guess.   But I wouldn't go out with a guy after that.

I think they made Alannah so gross so that you'd think Juliette is a step up from her.   That's the only theory I can come up with for this whole Alannah debacle.    

I never liked her in the band. All I wanted for our last season was to see my boys play music together but that said she's kind of a terrible person not just for leaving the band, but for leaving the band and signing on with Brad without telling them.  I mean hadn't she become the star of the band?  

How much more would you like this story if Avery and Gunner were fighting over Will?  Right?

When Juliette was singing to the baby, "I'll never leave you."  I was like somewhere in Nashville Cadence is like, "aight bitch... you've left me... like a lot of times!"

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Does Jonah have that massive house in Nashville? Why? Isn't he a pop star? Why are he and his posse around all the time? I don't get that scenario at all.

Nor do I. Didn't Maddie visit him earlier in the season at his real house in Miami or L.A. or...somewhere...? It wasn't Nashville.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Nor do I. Didn't Maddie visit him earlier in the season at his real house in Miami or L.A. or...somewhere...? It wasn't Nashville.

Yeah I think she did. Maybe he’s so famous he has houses lots of places? Who knows? I don’t really care that much to be invested but it’s ridiculous.

Anyways.. purple hair is just terrible. I also can’t get behind her trying to be all “I’m sorry, I screwed up the band by hooking up with Gunner and then you..” like well, yeah, you did. I mean.. seriously? Nothing about this plot is good, in fact it boils this show down to teenage type storylines with grown adults. Then again, ever since the move to cmt and Raynas death, the show has been trying it seems to garner more teenagers.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah I think she did. Maybe he’s so famous he has houses lots of places? Who knows? I don’t really care that much to be invested but it’s ridiculous.

Anyways.. purple hair is just terrible. I also can’t get behind her trying to be all “I’m sorry, I screwed up the band by hooking up with Gunner and then you..” like well, yeah, you did. I mean.. seriously? Nothing about this plot is good, in fact it boils this show down to teenage type storylines with grown adults. Then again, ever since the move to cmt and Raynas death, the show has been trying it seems to garner more teenagers.

That's all true about purple hair (love the name), but the guys are complicit too. Gunnar never should've hooked up with her. And Avery, mister band-101, never sleep with your bandmates, should've shut her down the first time she knocked on his door, imo.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, CrystalMoon said:

That's all true about purple hair (love the name), but the guys are complicit too. Gunnar never should've hooked up with her. And Avery, mister band-101, never sleep with your bandmates, should've shut her down the first time she knocked on his door, imo.

Oh yeah I agree with all that as well and it brings me back to the fact that all the adults are acting like teenagers in this situation. 

(edited)
19 hours ago, J-Man said:

How do we know that Juliette isn't faking the pregnancy? And even if she isn't faking, how do we know that Avery is the father? Hasn't she been down there (and thus away from him) for a LONG time?

During the scene where a post-celebration Alannah was wandering around Nashville while on the phone with Avery, was anyone beside me hoping she'd get hit by a bus or fall off a bridge or something?

I don't think she's been down there that long. None of the other storylines have suggested a long passage of time. It's been a couple months, yes, and that's a long time to be apart, but is reasonable in terms of a pregnancy. 

In terms of whether she is faking, we saw the pregnancy test with a plus sign on it.

Edited by KaveDweller
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, what if the baby is Darius'?

I don’t think that’s even a possibility. I could be wrong but I think the show is making it Avery’s because as someone pointed out we are more than likely going to get s “Juliette arrives home to catch Avery and purple hair” either in bed or making out. 

Im still just flabbgasted that this is how we are ending the show. Granted I didn’t watch most of the show but during fast forward, I saw the scenes. There was a fight with the band and purple hair walked in and then walked out, there were lots of scenes with Maddie and her boyfriends friend and Brad and purple hair -‘and I read here he wants to sign her? Okay. Isn’t that random or something? Whatever. This last season is all over the place.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CrystalMoon said:

That's all true about purple hair (love the name), but the guys are complicit too. Gunnar never should've hooked up with her.

I laughed pretty hard when Avery said Gunnar would probably be totally in love with a new girl by next week. So true! Gunnar hooking up with Purple Hair was inevitable! What I find out of character is that Avery would have gotten so close to her so fast. I could buy a friendship, and her liking him, but I wish we would have seen him push her away and tell her that he wasn't ready for anything else. Would have been more believable for someone who went through all the Juliette drama (someone he really loved) for the past few years.

• Love 4
(edited)

She was Sydney's half-sister on Alias and one of the Alaska vampires in the Twilight movies. Her name is Mia Maestro.

10 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Can someone help me figure out where I know TAWP Rosa from? I knew her the second she was on the screen but I’m having a brain fart and it’s driving me  crazy!

Edited by Moxie Cat
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think she's been down there that long. None of the other storylines have suggested a long passage of time. It's been a couple months, which is reasonable in terms of a pregnancy. 

In terms of whether she is faking, we saw the pregnancy test with a plus sign on it.

Yeah, Juliet and Avery had that night of hawt sex and she left for Bolivia by the time he woke the next morning.

2 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

She was Sydney's half-sister on Alias and one of the Alaska vampires in the Twilight movies. Her name is Mia Maestro.

She was also (more recently) on The Strain.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Can someone help me figure out where I know TAWP Rosa from?

I know her as "Nora" from The Strain. I think someone upthread recognized her from something else.

Oh...….I guess I'm too slow, lol!

Edited by Daltrey
(edited)

I don’t know about It being out of character for avery to Jump in a relationship with a random girl, Avery went through with Layla, he jumped into that quite quickly.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, what if the baby is Darius'?

They haven't really shown Juliette and Darius having that kind of relationship so I think it'd be out of the blue.

28 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I don’t know about It being out of character for avery to Jump in a relationship with a random girl, Avery went through with Layla, he jumped into that quite quickly.

Yep.  Avery's taste in women has been suspect.  He date Scarlett but was manipulated/let himself be "seduced" by Marilyn.  Then he got back with Scarlett until he left her for Juliette.  That was followed by awful Layla.  And now awful Alannah feels like a repeat of that, right down to their experience with a bad man.  (Remember, before Jeff became the love of Layla's life, he flirted with being a controlling boyfriend.) 

So returning to Juliette feels fitting for the character. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

They haven't really shown Juliette and Darius having that kind of relationship so I think it'd be out of the blue.

Yep.  Avery's taste in women has been suspect.  He date Scarlett but was manipulated/let himself be "seduced" by Marilyn.  Then he got back with Scarlett until he left her for Juliette.  That was followed by awful Layla.  And now awful Alannah feels like a repeat of that, right down to their experience with a bad man.  (Remember, before Jeff became the love of Layla's life, he flirted with being a controlling boyfriend.) 

So returning to Juliette feels fitting for the character. 

Yeah.. it does make sense. Also I’m always asking myself where Cadaence is but then I remember apparently they have Emily on retainer so.. Emily is more Cadences parents than either Avery or Juliette.

• Love 1

I always found it hard to believe Emily would be content to be a full time nanny. As a personal assistant, her duties would have been varied and like many PA’s she would be working on the fringes of celebrity. Now she can’t even go out on a date unless Avery happens to be around for a day.

• Love 2

So the Juliette story was supposed to be real time? Now I'm even more confused.  I though it was a flashback to when she first got there and next week was going to be them bringing her back to the cult and brainwashing her into the pod person that Avery saw when he went to Bolivia.  

• Love 1

So wait, did Juliette stop being a pod person at some point? She was full on drinking the Kool Aid when Avery saw her, but now she is back to normal? Random, but I guess whatever it takes to get Juliette back to normal in time for the show to end. But, I mean, really Juliette? Your just NOW thinking that going off to another country with an obvious cult is a bad idea? This is ridiculous, even by her standards. 

I love seeing Will playing relationship counselor in the band. Forget the stupid steroids, lets just get back to Will as our voice of reason.

• Love 7

I enjoyed this episode more because Feisty Juliette is always the best kind--even if the entire storyline is stupid and should have never happened. But I'll take what I can get.

I know it's not realistic but I definitely want Juliette and Avery together at the end. They've always been the couple with the most chemistry so I will ignore all storylines pulling them apart. I will be mad if they do not reunite. That's what I'm watching for.

I was distracted by Maddie for 2 reasons (a) boyfriend pop singer's house--where is it? is she flying from Nashville to LA and back on a daily basis? I know others raised the same issue before; it made her scenes confusing; and (b) her heavy eye make-up which she now wears all the time, including going to bed with it on. I am distracted thinking how messed up my skin would be if I did that.

• Love 5