Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Hmmm....I guess you could argue that one Battle of the Block in BB16 where they made it un-throwable just in time to save Frankie. It is unclear, though, if that really was done specifically to save Frankie. 

As an aside, fuck you, Battle of the Block. Fuck you so hard. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Idk why HG's like Sam decide BB is the best venue to quit smoking. Nicotine withdrawal is rough without things like the gum or patch not to mention the stress of the game. For instance it was rumored that despite many attempts Obama never was able to completely quit smoking while he was in the WH. Sam's been cranky and snappy with HG's who are non-smokers and would have no idea how bad the withdrawal is. As I said, head-scratching choices.

Well, she technically didn't decide to quit smoking. It's more that they're stuck inside more than out, so she starts and stops smoking so much, and the withdrawals happen as a result. She still smokes, but she can't smoke everyday. 

1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

Maybe Tyler thinks it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

If he works on Kaitlyn after this for a bit, she MIGHT forgive him. I think she's head over heels for him so it's quite possible she'll keep falling for his tricks. 

LOL, so I just read that Winston has a speech prepared about finding his true love in the house and having a showmance.

Ok, I know it's likely a total joke but if Brett's speech is roasting Kaitlyn and Rockstar, and Winston's speech is his coming out party, then I'll be very happy. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Hmmm....I guess you could argue that one Battle of the Block in BB16 where they made it un-throwable just in time to save Frankie. It is unclear, though, if that really was done specifically to save Frankie. 

I'm still super suspicious of that comp. No one can convince me otherwise that they didn't do a last minute fix so that it didn't technically need two people to complete. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Just now, Callaphera said:

I'm still super suspicious of that comp. No one can convince me otherwise that they didn't do a last minute fix so that it didn't technically need two people to complete. 

I am torn on that. Like I don't really think they can just change the comps on the fly, but that whole thing was just way too convenient.

5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, she technically didn't decide to quit smoking. It's more that they're stuck inside more than out, so she starts and stops smoking so much, and the withdrawals happen as a result. She still smokes, but she can't smoke everyday. 

They used to provide nicotine patches for the smokers when the backyard was cut off. I wonder why they didn't this year. (I'm assuming they didn't and really, the patches don't help much anyway. Takes the edge off but you miss out on the routine, which makes you as equally cranky.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am torn on that. Like I don't really think they can just change the comps on the fly, but that whole thing was just way too convenient.

Yeah, these comps are super hard to put together. That's why I don't believe that they could throw it together so fast just to help Frankie. A more believable scenario would be that they realized that the HGs were just throwing them, so they adjusted to make it un-throwable before they knew who was nominated.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

True, although I think I've heard her say that she wants to quit? There have been days when they've been allowed to go outside and she didn't smoke. I have heard however that a certain few extremely favored HG's (cough, ED, cough) were allowed to smoke in the DR. No idea how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I remember that damn comp. Didn't they start a lot later than expected for some reason? I remember something happened that delayed that particular Battle of the Block, which made it more suspicious that Frankie could win that on his own.

• Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I remember that damn comp. Didn't they start a lot later than expected for some reason? I remember something happened that delayed that particular Battle of the Block, which made it more suspicious that Frankie could win that on his own.

I think they started it later because Caleb and Derrick went on an out-of-house trip to watch a football game? Could be wrong but like it took longer to get back?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yup, and I specifically remember that the weather was not hot enough to delay the comp for that long, they could hear construction start and stop, and BotB comps that season were pretty much at the same time. You could almost set your watch by them.

5lurl4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think they started it later because Caleb and Derrick went on an out-of-house trip to watch a football game? Could be wrong but like it took longer to get back?

Wasn't that the result of winning the comp?

ETA: Seriously, this BotB comp is my favourite conspiracy theory from Big Brother.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh Caleb he should have waited to see what the comp was before he decided to sit out. He could have played and just purposely messed it up. But he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And apparently BB told him that once he sat out he wasn't allowed to jump in and play- which I found to be a bit suspect. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Wasn't that the result of winning the comp?

Something like that? 

I actually went back through the BB16 Live Feeds Discussion on this site (LOL, all the way back to page 68....we are way more active now than we were back in 2014!) and the comp WAS delayed and the crew WAS 100% still working on it up until it started. They didn't start until the late afternoon/early evening. 

• Love 2

OK yea that was definitely a rig lol. Thanks to everyone for researching because I couldn't remember the details.

I'm so pumped for this ep and comp. I need to lower my expectations because odds are everything will suck and I'll hate it.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it wouldn't be Scottie, since he's outgoing HOH, so we're good on that front.

Dammit, I thought of that when I started but forgot it by the end.  ;P    Which means the only male Farty in play will be Fozzy, and he’ll drop like a sack of potatoes before the first half-hour is out.

51 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And not just that: the difficulty inherent in the comp was getting the two partners to work in unison, so it was actually EASIER for one person to complete it than two - no partner with whom you have to coordinate.

And no, I don’t think it was immediately created on-the-fly; rather, it was already constructed and planned for use later in the season - but swapped in early to meet the exigency of the moment for a single-person-friendly comp.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm so pumped for this ep and comp. I need to lower my expectations because odds are everything will suck and I'll hate it.

Well, at least you have Kaitlyn's blindside to look forward to! I am positive that'll still happen. 

• Love 1

REALvegas4sure #bb20‏ @realvegas4sure 5h5 hours ago

More

Tonight, if Sam's power app is used the competition to get back in the house is a puzzle game. It should be the same puzzle game next week if her power is not used tonight.

• Love 2

Watching this episode from season 18 on the feeds makes me realize how nice the people on this season are. Paul is just so loathsome with his duck floatie around his waist. I'm surprised the duck didn't quack and fly away. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I'm not so sure Winston could win a puzzle challenge.

I'm positive Sam won't use her power anyway, but even if she did and Winston failed the puzzle challenge, it would be hilarious to watch. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I actually think it would be funny if Sam asks to get evicted, thinking the power will bring her back, and gets Lawon'ed out of the game.

I still laugh when I think about that.

• Love 3

Ok, so the episode is definitely going overboard with Sam's power app stuff. I get why they pushed her hard to use it in DR.

This is just gonna blow up when Sam DOESN'T use it. Stop reminding people every minute about the power app if it's definitely not being used!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, so the episode is definitely going overboard with Sam's power app stuff. I get why they pushed her hard to use it in DR.

This is just gonna blow up when Sam DOESN'T use it. Stop reminding people every minute about the power app if it's definitely not being used!

Ditto.  Maybe BB knows something we don't?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Did L6 come up with that to pin Tyler's vote on RS? Or was that all Brett? lol I can't believe I'm saying this but I legit do love Brett. 

Brett's speech was great. And the sad thing is that though everyone knows Rockstar/Brett hate each other, Kaitlyn's narcissistic enough to believe it, even for a minute.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, Rockstar's freaking out and yelling at Brett. This is great.

I was half paying attention to Brett's speech.  What did he say to piss her off again?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Winston out with BB making Sam the tie-breaking vote.

ETA: And he stormed out without hugging anyone! (except Brett I think)

I believe Kaitlyn told him he was staying today. Maybe also mad that Sam didn’t use the power app

Edited by Sandycat
  • Love 1
Just now, zenithwit said:

I was half paying attention to Brett's speech.  What did he say to piss her off again?

He said she said she was going to vote to keep him and then try to pin it on Kaitlyn.

• Love 3
Just now, zenithwit said:

Something about Rockstar flipping her vote to save him, I think. 

God, Rockstar just threw a temper tantrum on live TV. Twitter may be saying YAS QUEEN YOU SLAY THAT BOY, but the rest of us are thinking "Girl, you look and act like a five year on on your daughter's birthday."

• Love 19

Why is RS so pissed.  Clearly I missed something. She would have more credibility and or power if her hair was not 1993 pink and in stupid braids. 

• Love 2