Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So Canada has this thing where even if we're watching an American channel like CBS, if the show is airing on a Canadian channel at the same time, we get the Canadian broadcast no matter what. Which is nice, because Americans have a lot of fast food options we don't and some of those look really fucking good (also, wow, your prices). But because I watch a time shifting channel, there is no Canadian equivalent that they can scoop the broadcast from so I get the actual facts American broadcast.

Every. Fucking. Commercial. Break. "Grover? Grover Johnson?!" If the phone rings and someone asks who it is, the husband or I will now chime in with "Grover. Grover Johnson?!" It's a sickness. So I thought I would be smart and watch the west coast airing on my Canadian channel. I shit you not, the first fucking commercial that came on?

"Grover. Grover Johnson?!"

I hate this fucking show already.  

Yeah the first time I saw that commercial I thought, "Looks like an All in the Family/Jeffersons ripoff."  I just do not think this show will last.  I also really hate it when shows have laugh tracks, especially when the jokes are really bad and the laugh track still plays (Most of the jokes on Two Broke Girls fall into that category for me).

6 hours ago, mooses said:

So, the Battle Back jurors were kept in the JH together instead of sequestered, but they're going to FISH whenever Scottie even mentions it. That's so silly - it affected the Game, and clearly Production wanted it to, so let us hear it.

This question is not directed at you but is a question for everyone, though if you can answer it please do.  Is this the first season the Battle Backers were in the Jury house together?  I thought in the past they were sequestered.

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

They’re not. He’s just not level 6 or their groupies so he has to go. It’s just a good excuse because he did that hinky vote against swaggy (which my phone auto corrected to sewage

Is your auto correct wrong though?

• Love 12
13 hours ago, plotpointer said:

I think the season feels long this year because a.) only one side of the house has been winning week after week and b.) the folks that make up the winning side are monumental bores and lack any rooting value. 

This is the first season where the losing team has gotten infinitely more airtime because they are just more interesting to watch — they have an entertainment value that’s missing from the likes of Angela and Kaycee.  Think about it, Kaycee could be the first winner of Big Brother to get nearly no airtime.  I know almost nothing about her — and I watch After Dark.  Angela is another contestant that leaves viewers cold.  

Have you noticed the audience groans after watching the goodbye messages from Angela, Kaycee, JC (Satin) and Brett?  People are not on their side.  It’s not “fun” evil — they just across as mean-spirited.  People like watching the good guy win, or a fun villain being bad as he/she wants to be.  Unfortunately, the Level 6 crew has neither quality.

I have a few more pages to read to catch up, but feel the need to respond. 100% disagree with you. L6 is anything but bores, for the first time in so many years a group of contestants are joyous, laid back and just enough drama (Sam) to make it enjoyable. I don't think that the losing team got more tv time. Are you timing the scenes? In the beginning I wasn't all hyped about Angela, but she's grown on me and I kinda like her "coldness". I'm looking forward to them knocking each other off in the next few weeks and saying polite and meaningful goodbyes. I also think they're all gonna be friends long after all this is done.

13 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

Not this viewer. Angela is fascinating to me.

Ditto. Me too. And my like pushed you into the pink. Ta-da!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Kris117 said:

This post is from pages back, but after years of consistently failed twists, BB trying to invent a successful twist is like Mary Richards trying to throw a successful party.

Oh man, I love you for this reference. MTM is my all time favorite. And the comparison is so on point. I wonder if they will admit much they missed this season even jokingly in the finale?

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

I don’t think he is. I think it’s Haleigh. Tyler is too smart to let her anywhere near an HoH competition.

I think so too. I think he's going through the options in his head how he's going to sell it.  This might mean Sam is not a replacement option this week. She will for sure vote Haleigh out.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Why is Hay suddenly so obsessed with Sam?

i swear all she has done since the HOH is call Sam some pretty vile names and bash Sam constantly to everyone.

it is not a good look on her. Frankly, Sam would have been a hypocrite if she cheered on both Tyler and Hay at the end.

Doubly ironic that she rants so much to Tyler when I am pretty sure he likes and trusts Sam more than Hay.

hell Hay won’t leave him alone. At least Sam gives him space.

lets not forget Sam has still not revealed either of Ty’s secrets to anyone.

and she has really be acting more like Early Sam this last week. A little wacky and eccentric, but not crazy.

Sam is harshing her mellow. Remember when Sam said she honestly didn't care for how Haleigh and Katlin treated the young men in the house. Sam though that they (the young men, and that means FESSY who is one of Sam's crushes, Tyler, who is also her crush, and Brett, 'cause you know), deserve more respect and she thinks that it is the opposite of female empowerment and Haleigh is OVER HER BULL SHIT.

Edited by TheGapper
cause my computer is sucking tonight
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, green said:

From posts here I FINALLY understand why some of you actually like The Hive as in underdogs or interesting or you want to see things mixed up and power shifts.

I like underdogs usually but never liked The Hive because most of them took things so personally and not as a game.  I mean Fessy and Hay said this week basically that they would be bitter bitter jurors.  Bay is.  Rockstar could be if she reverts to judging by the group as in all white males are evil and crap like that.  Swaggy would have been if he actually stayed in the house for longer than 15 seconds.  Only Scotty seems to take things as a game and is probably the only one of them I could stand in real life.

OTOH I watch reality game shows -- besides BB, well same as mikewho above, only TAR, Survivor and the Anderson Cooper old version of The Mole -- to root for people, not to root for chaos.  I love baseball and like football.  I root for my team and remain loyal to them and don't flip teams.  So I could never ever NOT root for someone though last season drove me to that point. 

So I liked how Tyler was playing from the start and stuck with him and his alliance as a result throughout.  They are my team and I want them to clobber their opponents.  I want Tyler to pitch a no hitter.  Brett to hit a grand slam.  Kaycee to make that diving catch to save that run.  And Angela to steal second for me going in with her old fashioned cleats up.  So it has been a great ride for me so far.  A fun ride.  A happy and entertaining ride. 

I find all of Level 6 very interesting, even Kaycee who is the kind of shy and awkward younger sister in that "family."  Brett is funny.  Angela is the Ice Goddess with a secret heart she tries to hide.  And of course a delightful Tyler.  I can see getting along with them all outside of the House ... along with Scottie as mentioned above.  All 5 of these people (L4 now + Scottie) seem like just regular folk as opposed to the posers in The Hive.

To me The Hive's entire entertainment value is that they serve as the inept villains in the Wile E. Coyote role of trying to take down Tyler the Roadrunner and gang.  And they play that role oh so very well, heh.  I love to see what hilarious way they will screw themselves up each week as Tyler just goes all beep beep on them.

With a decent person in Tyler who is also a great player and the total embodiment of the Anti-Paul to root for and The Gang Who Can't Shoot Straight providing the laugh track, this has been THE best and most entertaining season ever for me!

This is perfect! If The Hive were individual Looney Tunes characters, I feel like FUF would be Pete Puma. Just dumb as shit.

• Love 15

I have been thinking about Haystack since this season started and I think the one adjective that truly best describes her is: "stupid". I'm not going to write a big long post to try and convince anyone here. I'll just point to the incident when she walked into a room where L6 was celebrating some Veto win (or something) and she just assumed it would be appropriate for her to join in and she jumped up and down a couple of times with them. But none of them cared anything about her. I think that pretty much sums everything up.

A few posts ago, someone reported she was threatening to lose it if Sam criticized her again. But there is one huge difference between the way Sam "loses it" and Haystack "loses it". Sam gets angry and starts screaming. Haystack starts to stutter and cry. In the past maybe some of the boys in her town who wanted to get into her pants would feel sorry for her and promise to do anything for her when she cried. But in the adult world, someone needs to tell her two things:

1) You are not that beautiful.

2) No one gives a shit if you cry.

I would just add a personal plea to her:

Please go to the Jury House and thereafter do not ever come onto my TV set again. I never want to hear you or see you again. Go live with Messy and have a bunch of kids and live in a big city with a substitute teacher husband.

7 minutes ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

This is perfect! If The Hive were individual Looney Tunes characters, I feel like FUF would be Pete Puma. Just dumb as shit.

I have not quoted your entire post but I want to say that I thought it was an absolutely lovely post. Very well thought out and very well presented.

It's a shame this medium does  not encourage people to spend the time it takes to do quality writing like you did.

The nature of this medium is kind of like Twitter. Most everyone is encouraged to write no more than 80 letters and then stop. There is just no point to putting more time into it than that.

I really liked your post. One of the very best I've read in a long time.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I have not quoted your entire post but I want to say that I thought it was an absolutely lovely post. Very well thought out and very well presented.

It's a shame this medium does  not encourage people to spend the time it takes to do quality writing like you did.

The nature of this medium is kind of like Twitter. Most everyone is encouraged to write no more than 80 letters and then stop. There is just no point to putting more time into it than that.

I really liked your post. One of the very best I've read in a long time.

That very well written and totally on point post was by Green. Unless this is sarcasm about how short mine was. LOL.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

This question is not directed at you but is a question for everyone, though if you can answer it please do.  Is this the first season the Battle Backers were in the Jury house together?  I thought in the past they were sequestered.

I've been wondering the same thing - I feel like they are usually sequestered separately, but I'm not sure if this is the first time they were in the JH together. Maybe Production thought they'd have an easier time putting together the pieces as a group? 

• Love 3
Just now, mooses said:

I've been wondering the same thing - I feel like they are usually sequestered separately, but I'm not sure if this is the first time they were in the JH together. Maybe Production thought they'd have an easier time putting together the pieces as a group? 

It's really fucked up that they played those goodbye messages. It's already a raw deal for the players left in the house to have to deal with someone they already outplayed coming back (when they won't get that chance), but it also directly screws up fools like Bret & Angela who got snarky in the goodbyes. You could argue that it was dumb of them to say that crap to jury members in the first place, but they would not have said those things to their faces if they were still actively playing the game in the house. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, mooses said:

I wonder if they knew that they would be missing out on the sweet reaction footage to FOUTTE continually fucking up if they kept them sequestered. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, zorak said:

I'm not really sure if her crying spell was because she really thought she was going to stay off the block or if it was more out of frustration/sadness that she could be walking out the door next.

Or missing Fessy, feeling all alone and isolated, helpless. Or all of the above.  Or maybe just over the top stress, simply a pressure release.  I get that way sometimes. I'll sob like the world is coming to an end, wash my face and be fine,  go on as if nothing had happened. It's just a pressure valve and once I figured that out I let it happen, privately of course.  I've been told it's a female thing which makes me glad I'm a woman so that I can jusy let go sometimes.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I wish Tyler would nominate JC and put him up and out. At this point JC is more dangerous than Hay or Scottie. JC's a little cockroach who won't go away, and thinks he's bossing Tyler around, 

Tyler is playing a very subtle, secretive game. The sooner he gets JC out the sooner he can blunt JC's claim that JC is masterminding the game.  Especially if it's Tyler who evicts him.

And yes, cockroach is a perfect description!

Edited by Skycatcher
damned auto-correct!
  • Love 4

The more I think about it, the less I can see a path where they could realistically evict Scottie. Sam is a gimme to evict Haleigh, so you need two more votes. Would Angela and Kaycee really fuck Tyler over to keep HALEIGH? The guy who just busted his ass to win HoH to keep them safe and they're really going to fuck him over to get out the lady who explicitly said that she was coming for him? I don't see it. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I wonder if they knew that they would be missing out on the sweet reaction footage to FOUTTE continually fucking up if they kept them sequestered. 

And *I* wonder if this season’s JBB might not have been a last-minute addition in response to Kaitlyn lack of puzzle skills - because sequester or not, this is the first time I can ever recall of JBB-eligible Jurors not being told a JBB was in play in their Chenbot exit interview.

• Love 5

This is a response to various posts:

— I don’t consider Sam a part of L6.  She is on her own crazy island.  And I don’t respect her gameplay...if it even is gameplay.

— Yeah, if I was playing hard I’d take this shit personally too.  Unlike traditional sports mentioned by a poster, there’s a social component to Big Brother that’s a huge factor.  You can’t just simply lie to every single person — basically backstabbing them with the proverbial knife — and expect to win.  A perfect example of that was last season.  If it were that easy, then everyone would do it. What’s the point if your word means absolutely nothing in a primarily social game.

So a couple of weeks ago when Tyler and Angela were debating whether to meet with Fessy and Hayleigh,  Tyler told Angela (paraphrasing) that he’ll say anything to anybody and then not do what he promised because “he doesn’t care.”  That pretty much turned me off.  I also lost even more respect for Angela because Tyler basically told her to her face that he’s full of shit — and she still trusts him.   This is why I think a player like Derrick was so masterful.  He successfully managed strategic gameplay and the social factor.

— Lastly, I don’t think Hayleigh is fake at all.  In fact, her problem is that she wears her emotions on her sleeves.  As for her compliments for Julie, you’ve got to remember some of these contestants have been watching this show since they were kids, so Julie is an icon to them.

(Oh, and Sam definitely started the Hay/Sam rivalry by essentially calling Hayleigh a slut on national tv)

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The more I think about it, the less I can see a path where they could realistically evict Scottie. Sam is a gimme to evict Haleigh, so you need two more votes. Would Angela and Kaycee really fuck Tyler over to keep HALEIGH? The guy who just busted his ass to win HoH to keep them safe and they're really going to fuck him over to get out the lady who explicitly said that she was coming for him? I don't see it. 

Also Hay put both of them on the block when she was HOH.  They would be totally insane to keep her around if she is still on the block come eviction night.

And about the post just above me.  What was Tyler suppose to say when Fessy "summoned" him and Angela to Fessy's throne room to offer a final four deal?  Say no and get put up on the block?  Of course not.  This is suppose to be a game of deceit and bluffs just like poker is and no one should take it personally unless someone makes it personal as in name calling and being cruel.  Which Tyler has never done btw.  Otherwise it is human chess and it is why I love Level 6 because they are mature adults and know it is a game.

Hell even Hayleigh gets that.  She told Fessy of course Angela was going to nominate them despite Fessy's stupid final four fantasy alliance because she (Hay) had nominated her (Angela) and was targeting Tyler last time Hay had power.  It was part of the game.  So of course the "deal" made for a final four was never going to work except in Fessy the Dumb's mind.

Sorry but I can't stand the bitter players getting upset that they got played in a game where you are suppose to play this way.  I give them maybe an hour to get over the shock factor then they better grow up and realize it isn't an attack with a machete or calling your mother something less than saintly.  It is simply a G-A-M-E!

Edited by green
  • Love 20

@green, so in your baseball/BB comparison, Angela is Ty Cobb?  I love it, fantastic post.

I just need Scottie to win Veto to delay, if only for a week, his inevitable eviction.  While I agree that LevelTyler is playing a smooth game, I need to see them squirm just a little bit to keep this season interesting.  And I also wouldn't be opposed to Tyler throwing JC's skeevy ass on the block...and screw his reaction.  The bigger hissy fit JC throws, the more likely he might just be tossed out of the house by his roommates who have decided that they've taken all they can take from him.  It just enrages me that Hay and Tyler have had to put up with that little troll with no way to get the hell away from him.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, green said:

From posts here I FINALLY understand why some of you actually like The Hive as in underdogs or interesting or you want to see things mixed up and power shifts.

I like underdogs usually but never liked The Hive because most of them took things so personally and not as a game.  I mean Fessy and Hay said this week basically that they would be bitter bitter jurors.  Bay is.  Rockstar could be if she reverts to judging by the group as in all white males are evil and crap like that.  Swaggy would have been if he actually stayed in the house for longer than 15 seconds.  Only Scotty seems to take things as a game and is probably the only one of them I could stand in real life.

OTOH I watch reality game shows -- besides BB, well same as mikewho above, only TAR, Survivor and the Anderson Cooper old version of The Mole -- to root for people, not to root for chaos.  I love baseball and like football.  I root for my team and remain loyal to them and don't flip teams.  So I could never ever NOT root for someone though last season drove me to that point. 

So I liked how Tyler was playing from the start and stuck with him and his alliance as a result throughout.  They are my team and I want them to clobber their opponents.  I want Tyler to pitch a no hitter.  Brett to hit a grand slam.  Kaycee to make that diving catch to save that run.  And Angela to steal second for me going in with her old fashioned cleats up.  So it has been a great ride for me so far.  A fun ride.  A happy and entertaining ride. 

I find all of Level 6 very interesting, even Kaycee who is the kind of shy and awkward younger sister in that "family."  Brett is funny.  Angela is the Ice Goddess with a secret heart she tries to hide.  And of course a delightful Tyler.  I can see getting along with them all outside of the House ... along with Scottie as mentioned above.  All 5 of these people (L4 now + Scottie) seem like just regular folk as opposed to the posers in The Hive.

To me The Hive's entire entertainment value is that they serve as the inept villains in the Wile E. Coyote role of trying to take down Tyler the Roadrunner and gang.  And they play that role oh so very well, heh.  I love to see what hilarious way they will screw themselves up each week as Tyler just goes all beep beep on them.

With a decent person in Tyler who is also a great player and the total embodiment of the Anti-Paul to root for and The Gang Who Can't Shoot Straight providing the laugh track, this has been THE best and most entertaining season ever for me!

First, thanks for reminding me of who the host was for The Mole. I loved that show but couldn't come up with the host. 

You've perfectly summed up my feelings about this season. L6 is playing with such joy and love of the game that they are entertaining to watch. They quietly went to work to play the game.  They didn't come in trying to be a "personality" with outlandish outfits, crazy accusations, or thinking the game was all about them. I really thought I was going to like Bay until she became HoH and that personality of acting like everyone needed to do her bidding came out. Maybe she did spend too much time with Swaggy. Yes, Angela's and Brett's GBM's were mean but nowhere near the hate I saw spewing from Rockstar. That woman has so much resentment and hate in her heart that it is really sad. Kaitlyn made good feeds but I found her extremely annoying and her BB "talent" wasn't anywhere near the level that she thought it was. Fessy was like a one pitch pony who didn't understand that it takes more than being able to throw a 100 mh fast ball to make it on a team. FOUTE was all "style" and no substance. 

I personally think the most entertaining part of this season is when they finally get all the minor league players out and Tyler has to start negotiating his way around all of his F2's. I'd love to see a Brett and Kaycee alliance come up or watch as Angela has to made a decision between Tyler or Kaycee. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, mooses said:

Season  15 jurors were already in the Jury House. Candace Jessie, Judd and Helen was the last one evicted and went right into battle back.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, plotpointer said:

This is a response to various posts:

— I don’t consider Sam a part of L6.  She is on her own crazy island.  And I don’t respect her gameplay...if it even is gameplay.

— Yeah, if I was playing hard I’d take this shit personally too.  Unlike traditional sports mentioned by a poster, there’s a social component to Big Brother that’s a huge factor.  You can’t just simply lie to every single person — basically backstabbing them with the proverbial knife — and expect to win.  A perfect example of that was last season.  If it were that easy, then everyone would do it. What’s the point if your word means absolutely nothing in a primarily social game.

So a couple of weeks ago when Tyler and Angela were debating whether to meet with Fessy and Hayleigh,  Tyler told Angela (paraphrasing) that he’ll say anything to anybody and then not do what he promised because “he doesn’t care.”  That pretty much turned me off.  I also lost even more respect for Angela because Tyler basically told her to her face that he’s full of shit — and she still trusts him.   This is why I think a player like Derrick was so masterful.  He successfully managed strategic gameplay and the social factor.

— Lastly, I don’t think Hayleigh is fake at all.  In fact, her problem is that she wears her emotions on her sleeves.  As for her compliments for Julie, you’ve got to remember some of these contestants have been watching this show since they were kids, so Julie is an icon to them.

(Oh, and Sam definitely started the Hay/Sam rivalry by essentially calling Hayleigh a slut on national tv)

I agree with most of this but, when Tyler and Angela were discussing Fessy, I thought it was obvious that both would agree to anything but then act  in the best interest of Level 6.  Hay and Fessy were not a priority and never would be but they would use them to further their alliance ( and most importantly , themselves). But, they also were going to take the most heat when they did not follow through, so essentially, "they took one for the team".

And, Tyler has not hid the fact , in his diary rooms, he is there to win the game. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I know it's been talked to death how much better BB20 is over BB19 but I thought this was a fun data point.

Anallice would be better than BB19. It's a really low bar.

12 hours ago, mooses said:
I hope Tyler takes a proper bath ...

Oh, me too lol. He at least needs to start washing his face before his (many) DRs.

8 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

It's really fucked up that they played those goodbye messages. It's already a raw deal for the players left in the house to have to deal with someone they already outplayed coming back (when they won't get that chance), but it also directly screws up fools like Bret & Angela who got snarky in the goodbyes. You could argue that it was dumb of them to say that crap to jury members in the first place, but they would not have said those things to their faces if they were still actively playing the game in the house. 

I feel like it was just terrible gameplay on Brett/Angela's parts. It's their fault and their fault alone to do something so stupid when there has been a jury member returning in most recent seasons. They know the evictees will see their GBMs. This is why I don't have a problem with Danielle not winning BB3. She knew that everyone would see her DRs and she was still horrible in them. That was a major failing in her game.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, plotpointer said:

Tyler may say that he doesn't care, but his actions say the total opposite. He's careful in what he says in his goodbye messages. Obviously, he's here to play a game and everyone chooses to play it differently. Tyler is a good player still, because people would still vote for him to win. Not a lot of people blame him, specifically, for things that he had a hand in doing. He may have been a target by the jurors, but even Derrick was for the people he got out, which is why they were evicted. But Derrick and Tyler are still two different people. Derrick was older, he had more life experience as an undercover cop, and he adapted to the game that was being played that season. Tyler is a 23 year old lifeguard who is also adapting to the game that is being played this season. He's not perfect and has made mistakes, for sure. But he DOES care and he has done a good job masterminding things this season. If he wins, it's a better win than Derrick's for me, and I'm ashamed to admit I was rooting for Derrick to win season 16. But season 16 benefitted Derrick with the Battle of the Block. This season, their twists have been thrown back in BB's face with a middle finger attached to it. This season didn't need the twists at all. The only time it helped was the second week of the Hacker Comp, which I'll admit was a great save for L6, who would have lost a number that week (I'd say it would have been Brett or Angela).

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I see there's a new round of "JC is an asshole."  There's a clip circulating of JC saying the n-word multiple times and laughing.

NSFW

This? Is disgusting. And so is the silence around it.  I can't begin to express my disgust with this cockroach and his enablers,  the silent ones. Even more disgusting is his smug smirkiness, knowing that TPTB are going to do a damned thing about it.

• Love 8

I think JC is playing in the veto.  The feeds just came back.  Tyler asked JC if he was mad and JC said, "I didn't want to play."

I think Kaycee is playing, too.  Scottie just told her, "I think that was the first time I've seen your chip get drawn."

Tyler is telling Kaycee how Brett and JC say the same exact thing about each other only to Tyler in that they both try to blame each other for the same stuff.  Tyler thinks Brett and JC might have some sort of final 2 with each other.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I see there's a new round of "JC is an asshole."  There's a clip circulating of JC saying the n-word multiple times and laughing.

NSFW

Some feedsters thought he was saying "Snickers," but with his accent it's hard to tell without the context. I'm not JC fan, but Twitter can be a wild place so I have to say I'm skeptical. Obviously, if it it was this tweet says, that's not okay. 

Here is the full context:

• Love 8

Kaycee, Angela, and Haleigh are up in the HOH room.  Kaycee and Haleigh are talking about some of Sam's previous comments regarding flirting in the house.  Kaycee is talking about how Sam asked her if it bothered Kaycee that the other girls in the house were flirting with the guys and had an advantage because of that whereas Kaycee couldn't use that strategy.  Haleigh said Sam made similar comments to Rockstar.  Then Kaycee said that Sam flirts in her own weird way.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Or missing Fessy, feeling all alone and isolated, helpless. Or all of the above.  Or maybe just over the top stress, simply a pressure release.  I get that way sometimes. I'll sob like the world is coming to an end, wash my face and be fine,  go on as if nothing had happened. It's just a pressure valve and once I figured that out I let it happen, privately of course.  I've been told it's a female thing which makes me glad I'm a woman so that I can jusy let go sometimes.

Pretty sure that dudes do this too. We just have the advantage of urinals, meaning most guys are in and out of the men's room in 60 seconds (hopefully including hand-washing!), after which we can get back to openly sobbing in our personal stall of woe.

As long as I've meandered a bit OT, a couple more things:

1. I'm glad the Grover Grover Johnson thing got hashed out; I thought the joke was supposed to be "Why the fuck did you stick your kid with this 19th-century Muppet name?" Which isn't funny either, but CBS sitcoms are so broad that I expect their joke pitches to miss the wide side of a barn.
  2. I love that more people have added avatars! The eye just tends to ignore the initials after a while, so having a "face" automatically makes your post more attention-getting.
  • Love 8

Angela says that she just has a feeling that Sam is mad that Sam is playing in the veto comp and is downstairs cooking while the 3 of them are hanging out in the HOH room.  Haleigh wonders why Sam never just hangs out with other people.  She wants to know if Kaycee or Angela have ever spent more than 15 minutes with Sam having a conversation.  Angela say, "Yeah.  My ears start bleeding."

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, mooses said:

Some feedsters thought he was saying "Snickers," but with his accent it's hard to tell without the context. I'm not JC fan, but Twitter can be a wild place so I have to say I'm skeptical. Obviously, if it it was this tweet says, that's not okay. 

Here is the full context:

Hmm... I can't really tell.  It sounds to me like he's using the n-word in place of snickers in the middle there as a joke, but, yeah, with his accent it's a bit hard to tell.

Of course, if he wasn't such an asshole, it'd be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 12

Angela is telling Haleigh that if Haleigh wins the veto comp that she needs to go outside wearing the veto to tan.  She says she should spray sunscreen over everything while wearing the veto and then take the veto off to get the veto symbol tanned on to her body.  Then they were joking about burning it into Haleigh's butt cheek.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Hmm... I can't really tell.  It sounds to me like he's using the n-word in place of snickers in the middle there as a joke, but, yeah, with his accent it's a bit hard to tell.

Of course, if he wasn't such an asshole, it'd be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I watched that conversation in real time and I heard "snickers".  After I watched the first video upthread I heard the other word when I watched the second video.  Sometimes people hear what their brains are primed to hear.  And sometimes people who are looking for something hear what they want to hear.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

I watched that conversation in real time and I heard "snickers".  After I watched the first video upthread I heard the other word when I watched the second video.  Sometimes people hear what their brains are primed to hear.  And sometimes people who are looking for something hear what they want to hear.

And sometimes people who have a history of being assholes, like JC, say asshole things.  If there's any priming of brains going on, JC is the one who did it.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, plotpointer said:

Depends on the lie, and how you tell it - but more on this below.

So a couple of weeks ago when Tyler and Angela were debating whether to meet with Fessy and Hayleigh,  Tyler told Angela (paraphrasing) that he’ll say anything to anybody and then not do what he promised because “he doesn’t care.”  That pretty much turned me off.  I also lost even more respect for Angela because Tyler basically told her to her face that he’s full of shit — and she still trusts him.  

I think you’re confusing strategy with character here.  Character is a person’s innate response to ethical questions and conflicts, while strategy is a series of conscious decisions calculated to advance a person toward a determined goal.  Tyler (and Angela, for that manner) may be the most honest person on the planet outside the House; inside the House, however, absolute honesty is the straight and narrow path towards making a train wreck of your chances for the $500K.  And you’re correct in your earlier statement about indiscriminate lying not being much better, but I don’t think that’s what Tyler is advocating here; rather, that he will tell what lies are necessary to advance his game.  IMHO a HG is best served by staying as honest as they are able to - but that’s primarily to bank honesty credit with the other HGs, so they have something to draw against when they need them to believe their Big Lie.  And how well they pull that off is a reflection on their strategic gameplay, not their personal character.

This is why I think a player like Derrick was so masterful.  He successfully managed strategic gameplay and the social factor.

And Derrick lied throughout the entire season, remember?  Stay-at-home dad instead of undercover cop?  ;)

I don’t begrudge Hay her attempt at making the compliment-Julie schtick her “thing”, but it did get old pretty quick.

“S/he started it first” isn’t necessarily the tactic I would go with here, but YMMV.  :)

3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

NSFW

I guess I should be grateful my ears are just that old, because I couldn’t make out WTF the little mushmouth troll was saying. - although that may be a developing psychological thing in my part, because I’ve grown to despise the sound of his voice.  :P

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, zorak said:

Angela says that she just has a feeling that Sam is mad that Sam is playing in the veto comp and is downstairs cooking while the 3 of them are hanging out in the HOH room.  Haleigh wonders why Sam never just hangs out with other people.  She wants to know if Kaycee or Angela have ever spent more than 15 minutes with Sam having a conversation.  Angela say, "Yeah.  My ears start bleeding."

Honestly I don’t know if I believe half the bashing of Sam these last few days. It is always with Hay and it is obvious it is Hays favorite game. I don’t think Sam has said anything wrong lately, now they bitch about what she doesn’t do and what they think she is thinking.

Even lately angela and sam have had some decent talks. As for hanging out in HOH, I don’t think sam wants to be anywhere near Hay.

didnt Hay accidentally hit Sam in the head when hugging Scottie. Then bitch about it for hours that Sam seemed irritated with her. 

i would love to see Sam win veto 

i just really dislike Hay. I agree that Sam should not have said what she did in the nom speech but she was pretty on point with how Hay is playing the game.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I guess I should be grateful my ears are just that old, because I couldn’t make out WTF the little mushmouth troll was saying. - although that may be a developing psychological thing in my part, because I’ve grown to despise the sound of his voice.  :P

Everybody's always complaining about how loud JC is.  The one time it would be helpful for him to be loud (so we could figure this out) and he's swallowing his words.  

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kaycee, Angela, and Haleigh are up in the HOH room.  Kaycee and Haleigh are talking about some of Sam's previous comments regarding flirting in the house.  Kaycee is talking about how Sam asked her if it bothered Kaycee that the other girls in the house were flirting with the guys and had an advantage because of that whereas Kaycee couldn't use that strategy.  Haleigh said Sam made similar comments to Rockstar.  Then Kaycee said that Sam flirts in her own weird way.

I wonder how you define flirt ?? DO you have to be available to be a flirt? Does it mean you want male attention ? Does it mean you want attention as a friend or romantically ?

Can you flirt if you have a boyfriend ? Does it just mean being nice to everyone ?  Was Angela a flirt ? No. I thought she was the cold one.

Sam really does not like competition for male attention. It bothers her. Particularly if it is from someone she feels is better looking, as a better body, etc. That's who bothers her.

On another note, when Tyler and Scottie were talking yesterday, Scottie was telling him how he heard over and over again how entitled Angela was and her good bye message.

Who had a more "entitled" life? Her fellow juror Bay, who went to private schools, over her siblings, who was on the pageant circle ( not cheap)? Or ANgela, who worked everyday of her childhood to maintain grades and travel for gymnastic training? Maybe they both did but why doesn't Bay get that label. Bay called herself the queen. She often said , you are not helping me ! I would hope that someday RS is asked that question.

I think Scottie sees the truth.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

It's a darn shame that JC wasn't booted by the producers.  Sure, progress that some wanted him gone but the fact that enough people wanted him to remain in the game is abhorrent.  

I really hope Haleigh wins veto and Tyler decides to put JC up as a pawn.  There are two certain votes to get JC out in Haleigh and Sam, and I'm not sure but that I wouldn't be surprised if Kaycee and/or Angela also voted him out.  Tyler is planting those "Final 2 between Brett & JC" seeds with Kaycee and Angela already.  If his main target, Haleigh, is off the block then maybe he would shift his strategy and take a shot at JC.  Scottie clearly wants to work with him, still, so would Tyler necessarily lose a "certain" vote for the L6 side if JC went and Scottie stayed?  Not so sure about that right now.

And, in the avatar conversation, I switched mine from my SF Giants one (they are sucking this year) to a more hopeful Oregon Ducks one since college football season starts today!  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Honestly I don’t know if I believe half the bashing of Sam these last few days. It is always with Hay and it is obvious it is Hays favorite game. Even lately angela and sam have had some decent talks. As for hanging out in HOH, I don’t think sam wants to be anywhere near Hay.

didnt Hay accidentally hit Sam in the head when hugging Scottie. Then bitch about it for hours that Sam seemed irritated with her. 

i would love to see Sam win veto 

Angela wants Hay's wrath directed right at Sam, if she stays and wins an HOH. That's her strategy.

• Love 8