Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pixiebomb said:

Just watched BBAD before I came here so I could watch the whole HOH comp and for once I wouldn’t be spoiled. 

My take away -  I shall never refer to Angela as Ice Princess or cold hearted again. She looked like she was in true pain watching her friends get beat up on that swing.  I don’t believe it was an act and I don’t believe that she was just worried for a Hay win. She showed a lot of empathy.  JC on the other hand, not so much. 

From what I saw she seemed especially kind to Sam.

• Love 1

Sam: Your letter was hysterical. It was not what I was expecting at all. And you're like, "You remind me a lot of my mom" and then you're like, "MY MOM'S A NERD, MY MOM'S A F-ING NERD!"

Ha! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

Swing!  Swing!  Omg. Stupid autocorrect!

no wonder no one was answering me. 

Well, if we know there was ever a swim competition, Swaggy C would probably evict himself first! He couldn't even win the first veto comp!

Victor won in BB18, Vanessa won in BB17.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

At least the Hive can laugh at themselves and their historically crappy gameplay.  That's what made the JBB so fantastic...they're all looking at each other going, "???!?"  I don't think this will be a bitter jury by any means, and that's pretty refreshing.  And the level of Fail is honestly what kept me riveted this season, because with each passing episode I would think - "okay, THIS is the day they're going to figure it out.....NO?!....surely NEXT..........hahaha NOPE!"  And so on and so forth.

I still think at least some of them will be bitter - I give Bayleigh about a 50% chance, and Angie 30% - but I do appreciate that they're finally grasping how terrible they are at the game. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

ohhhhh ok! haha  i knew his speech would be ridiculous so I muted it. 

I would never mute the live eviction speeches. To me, they're one of the most interesting parts of the show, even though they're over quickly. You can find out a) They're right on the money, b) They're completely wrong, c) They have no clue, or d) They're just a riot (see Brett/Kaitlyn).

1 hour ago, Sara2009 said:

I like rooting for the underdogs as much as the next person, but this season they were too inept to root for.

I don't root for underdogs in any of these shows. Would I root for someone just because they're an underdog? There has to be a reason for me to root for someone. (FWIW...the only two other 'reality' shows I've ever watched are Survivor and Amazing Race. Oh, and The Mole. That's what got me started on this bandwagon). 

Although I have opinions, I really don't mind anyone this season because nobody's at the Paul level of obnoxiousness. Except for JC. He should be booted out of there for the shit he's pulled.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm starting to think that there's a secret HG named Grover Grover Johnson?! Can we evict him, please?

Okay, this is classic! 'Cause damn if I don't literally scream whenever this gotdamned commercial comes on.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Okay, this is classic! 'Cause damn if I don't literally scream whenever this gotdamned commercial comes on.

So Canada has this thing where even if we're watching an American channel like CBS, if the show is airing on a Canadian channel at the same time, we get the Canadian broadcast no matter what. Which is nice, because Americans have a lot of fast food options we don't and some of those look really fucking good (also, wow, your prices). But because I watch a time shifting channel, there is no Canadian equivalent that they can scoop the broadcast from so I get the actual facts American broadcast.

Every. Fucking. Commercial. Break. "Grover? Grover Johnson?!" If the phone rings and someone asks who it is, the husband or I will now chime in with "Grover. Grover Johnson?!" It's a sickness. So I thought I would be smart and watch the west coast airing on my Canadian channel. I shit you not, the first fucking commercial that came on?

"Grover. Grover Johnson?!"

I hate this fucking show already.  

• Love 15

Between The Grover Johnson Show and the one with the Aussie pop star living with an African-American couple I’m like...what? What year is this again? Network TV sitcoms really need to go the way of the dinosaur. Unbearable. I am curious about the Murphy Brown reboot, though.

I’m glad to see some of you here coming around to the possibility that Angela might actually be a complex human being and not continue to be reduced to a stereotype of an ice queen/stone cold bitch.

If the live show episode on the 13th is indeed a double eviction then I’m glad Tyler will have the opportunity to play for HoH.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I’m glad to see some of you here coming around to the possibility that Angela might actually be a complex human being and not continue to be reduced to a stereotype of an ice queen/stone cold bitch.

(Looks around, 'cause I damned sure ain't one of them!)

Anyway, when do we get noms?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Without Dramamine or some such I wouldn't even disgrace myself by attempting to participate in something like this. I would just causally sit on the sidelines and munch popcorn.

Oh, and, Fessy?

giphy.gif

I would also vomit everywhere. I used to be able to do anything without getting motion sick, but in recent years dramamine is a necessity if we are going to a theme park or on a boat. Normally, I would delete the portion of this post that is irrelevant but, FUF is always relevant.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I have rooted for members of both sides of the house (Scottie and Haleigh for a while on The Hive side, Brett and Tyler for L6 side) and then don't really care one way or another about various people in the house when it comes to winning. The only people I've never wanted to win were Fessy and Rockstar. 

So...I guess I'm still on Team Good Feeds? I think I can see appeals for both sides of the house having their fans. Some really prefer being entertained. Some prefer good strategy and gameplay. The Hive brings entertainment and drama, while L6 brings good strategy and gameplay. So everyone's preferences will be different. 

However, can we all come together and agree that JC's a disgusting piece of shit whose decent gameplay has been overshadowed by his piece of shit personality and should get nowhere near F3? And even JC's good gameplay is essentially him manipulating a complete moron, so is his hardcore gameplay actually good in the first place? 

I agree with pretty much all of this (and especially the JC bit). I am not hate watching most of the contestants, which is not generally the case. I also don't have a strong affinity for anyone. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cutty said:

I'd be the biggest Blandgela fan in the world if she turned on Tyler. I rooted for Gina Marie when she made a move against McCranda, so I have zero standards on who I will root for.

LMAO so same. Angela is like everything I hate in someone but I will get a fucking Angela icon if she pulls a Jon Pardy and cuts Tyler at F3. There's no chance of it happening earlier so I have to try to be realistic with my hopes!.

4 hours ago, Slider said:

And like others have said before - if Angela was a guy and did and said the same thing, she'd just be seen as cocky and would be praised.

I agree, but I can tell you the only thing that keeps me from hating Angela to an obsessive degree is the fact that she's a woman lol.

So, is Tyler acting like he's not putting up Scottie? Scottie is in HOH with him and Angela and he seems like he thinks he's safe. Of course, he's an idiot, so who knows. Also, his voice really is horrible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Tyler definitely wants Scottie to stay over Haleigh. He had a good conversation with him in the HOH, but now he's going to put him up.  I don't know why he just doesn't tell him he's putting Scottie so he doesn't use the Veto on Haleigh.

Heh. And Angela had an internal freakout thinking Scottie knew about L4:

Scottie: "[Tyler] was just telling me about...before even like I was gone...your guys' final four thing..."

Angela: "What...? When was this?"

Tyler: "The Fess/Haleigh thing."

Angela: "Oh!"

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, really? Haleigh for veto then!

For sure. But Brett/JC/Angela all want Haleigh to stay. And I don't think Tyler is going to change JC's mind.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

OT but am I the only one who doesn't understand why "G? GJ??" is even a laugh line? 

So, this is the explanation for the joke (not my own viewpoint on anything)...

A white family (the Johnsons) has moved into a black neighborhood (think, gentrification).  They have a son, named Grover.  Grover Johnson isn't just a white name, it's a really, really white name.  So, Cedric the Entertainer is expressing shock at just how white this white family actually is.  That is, they ain't "woke."

Now, for my viewpoint...  Johnson is a common enough name among African Americans.  And while I wouldn't call Grover a common name in any section of American life, there are still enough famous African-American people named "Grover," that the joke is stupid.  If they wanted to make that joke, then they should have picked a name like Chaz St. John-Smythe (pronounced "Sinjon" instead of "Saint John").

• Love 7

Scottie says Fessy was trying to talk, but Big Brother kept shutting him down. "He threw two names under the bus..." [FISH]

Huh? This is literally part of the Game. I'd guess it was the obvious, though - Angela/Tyler.

Angela: "The last two HOHs of mine, Sam has asked me how I wanted her to vote, and I told her, and she's done the exact opposite. Every week she votes out the person who's going to jury because she knows. She does it intentionally. She gets really close to whoever is going to jury, and she doesn't vote them out. She does it every week. It's going to come back to bite her."

I mean, it won't bite her if she gets to F2...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gummo said:

An open letter to Swaggy:

NOBODY.

FUCKING.

CARES.

Hysterical!!!

I love how he claims he doesn’t watch the feeds because he ain’t on them. Yet he seems to know everything going on & comments on it. He is so bitter because he was majorly played and trying to stay relevant. That said, I’m more worried about the people who take e to subscribe to his YouTube Channel. Don’t they know he went out 2nd?!?!?!

• Love 6

So, the Battle Back jurors were kept in the JH together instead of sequestered, but they're going to FISH whenever Scottie even mentions it. That's so silly - it affected the Game, and clearly Production wanted it to, so let us hear it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

Swing!  Swing!  Omg. Stupid autocorrect!

no wonder no one was answering me. 

Well there was one final 3 comp where they had to dive under water and put some things in order. I thought maaaaaybe that’s what you were talking about but I could only remember it being done once lol 

1 hour ago, mikewho said:

I would never mute the live eviction speeches. To me, they're one of the most interesting parts of the show, even though they're over quickly. You can find out a) They're right on the money, b) They're completely wrong, c) They have no clue, or d) They're just a riot (see Brett/Kaitlyn).

I get embarrassed for people easily!  I did listen to Brett’s tho. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, mooses said:

So, the Battle Back jurors were kept in the JH together instead of sequestered, but they're going to FISH whenever Scottie even mentions it. That's so silly - it affected the Game, and clearly Production wanted it to, so let us hear it.

The whole thing “talking about production” is ridiculous.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

A white family (the Johnsons) has moved into a black neighborhood (think, gentrification).  They have a son, named Grover.  Grover Johnson isn't just a white name, it's a really, really white name.  So, Cedric the Entertainer is expressing shock at just how white this white family actually is.  That is, they ain't "woke."

I actually thought the joke was the exact opposite, that with the name Johnson and especially with a son named Grover, they expected the family to be black and are shocked when they're so very white.  I kind of got the idea that maybe they needed community approval or something to move in and they were approved on paper based on their name.  

With this much confusion, it does not bode well for the future of the show. ;-)

On topic:  Everybody's playing really nice with each other...at least until nominations.  

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I actually thought the joke was the exact opposite, that with the name Johnson and especially with a son named Grover, they expected the family to be black and are shocked when they're so very white.  I kind of got the idea that maybe they needed community approval or something to move in and they were approved on paper based on their name.  

With this much confusion, it does not bode well for the future of the show. ;-)

Huh.  That's interesting.  A lot of the other jokes in the ads center around them being surprised that the family is white, so you might be right. 

Either way, it's not a funny joke.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

So, this is the explanation for the joke (not my own viewpoint on anything)...

It's the other way around. The joke is that Grover Johnson IS a black sounding name (Grover became a popular name with African-Americans in the early 20th Century). Already, "The Johnsons" sound like a black family, which is why he was shocked to see that they were white and then the gag is that they "misled" him with their name (obviously, he is just irritated and coming up with reasons to be mad at them). Then he hears the kid's name is Grover and he is even more shocked/irritated.

EDITED TO ADD: @leocadia beat me to it. :)

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 8

We can all agree that it's not funny in any case.

I think I was spoiled by the Hacker competitions earlier this season.  I hate having to wait forever for the nom ceremony on Fridays!!!  Even with a pretty much forgone conclusion, nothing exciting is going to happen until someone is on the block.

• Love 4
Just now, leocadia said:

We can all agree that it's not funny in any case.

I think I was spoiled by the Hacker competitions earlier this season.  I hate having to wait forever for the nom ceremony on Fridays!!!  Even with a pretty much forgone conclusion, nothing exciting is going to happen until someone is on the block.

Yeah, I agree that the hacker comp has inadvertently let them know that they really should be doing noms earlier in the day.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Ok, I'll concede I was in error.   I don't really associate Grover as being a stereotypically AA name, so I guess that's why I missed the joke.

I think you’re proving that their jokes will be confusing to a lot. I honestly wasn’t sure which way it was suppose to go. 

I am just now warching the veto comp. this is so funny. Sam smiling through the whole thing. Jc getting hit in the balls with a giant ball. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Scottie is trending on Twitter.

Annoyed bc when I saw that last night, I knew he had to have won battle back.  We had football here so no show till 2am, so I didn’t even know which HG got evicted, and already I learned who probably won the battle back.. that’ll teach me to go on twitter before I watch the dvr 

Tyler and Scottie talking about Tyler having to use Icy Hot due to injuries from the comp last night.  Scottie asks if it's just his arms that hurt., Tyler responds that it's his wenus.  (meaning his elbow)

I'm 12 because that will never not be funny to me.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:
7 hours ago, Cutty said:

Precisely why I don't feel sorry for the twit....Fessy was right, she's not all that attractive.  Okay, her body is banging but she has an ugly soul and a butterface.

One hundred percent agree 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lamima said:

I think that was more due to them being so bad at this game and not being able to 'do the math' so to speak. They were so frustrated that things weren't adding up but couldn't take a gamer's look at things because they weren't gamers.  So they just looked at each other.

Uh, yeah, but... there were other people in the House at the time.  They HAD to have noticed them..... :P

2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

OT but am I the only one who doesn't understand why "G? GJ??" is even a laugh line? 

Don’t feel bad, it’s nothing laugh-worthy - not in the reality which exists outside the writers’ minds, anyway.

2 hours ago, mooses said:

Scottie says Fessy was trying to talk, but Big Brother kept shutting him down. "He threw two names under the bus..." [FISH]

Huh? This is literally part of the Game. I'd guess it was the obvious, though - Angela/Tyler.

I think you’re half-right; IIRC the two names Scottie mentioned before re-entering the House were Angela and JC.

• Love 3