Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:
9 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/215882/

Guys- maybe Sam is screwing with us all. LMAO. 

From that article, Sam: "I'm a natural leader and I want to establish myself as such and, from there, influence the other Houseguests by means of gentle persuasion and manipulation, which is another terrible talent of mine."

brb, LOLing forever

Also included:

"Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
Daniele Donato. She's a smart girl who happens to be pretty, not a pretty girl who happens to be smart."

What is the difference between a "smart girl who happens to be pretty" vs a "pretty girl who happens to be smart"?  Sam logic can be exhausting sometimes.

• Love 2
Just now, zenithwit said:

Also included:

"Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
Daniele Donato. She's a smart girl who happens to be pretty, not a pretty girl who happens to be smart."

What is the difference between a "smart girl who happens to be pretty" vs a "pretty girl who happens to be smart"?  Sam logic can be exhausting sometimes.

Why does "pretty" have to be in there at all? Why can't "smart" be the defining factor?

• Love 3
Just now, zorak said:

Angela in the HN room with Kaycee:  "We're fucked if we don't win hacker.  Dear Lord, please let me win the hacker."

and, then they laughed. I thought that was funny. They know they are screwed but still laughing.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Why does "pretty" have to be in there at all? Why can't "smart" be the defining factor?

To be fair, I think that's what Sam was trying to get across - that smart is more important and should be the defining factor. But as per usual, she Sammed it the fuck up, so it didn't make much sense.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, leocadia said:

RE:  Sam - not only does she get mad that she isn't included on game plans, but she positively bristles whenever anyone tries to tell her "what to do."  It's a no-win situation.   Way back in the first week when she was a robot, Rachel was trying to comfort her and she said "but I'm better than everybody!"  I think that statement defines her entire perception of everything.  It;s always about her and how great she is in comparison with everyone else on earth.  

I also wonder if she's just used to being the It Girl where she is. She's pretty, tough, speaks her mind. But in the Big Brother House, she's not getting the attention she's used to, not the "popular" one. When she was a Robot, she talked about never feeling like she was left out or unpopular. I'm wondering if she's used to being the Angela or Haleigh, the center of attention - but in the House, she's not, so she's jealous but rationalizes that she's "better" than them because they're doing it the "wrong" way.

ETA: The way she goes on and on about herself, and how she does things, makes me think she's used to being the center of attention as well.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6

Come on BB, let's get this Hacker Comp on the road!  That's when the real drama will start (fingers-crossed).

ETA: Tyler getting salty with production (they wanted him to clip his mic to his shirt but Tyler just wanted it around his neck).  Not sure that is smart buddy. 

Edited by zenithwit

Angela: If we win the hacker we need to put Sam up. If we don't win the hacker, we need to put Rockstar up.
Kaycee: How are we going to put Rockstar up if we don't win the hacker? 
Angela: Oh...Fuck.

• Love 18
Just now, Cutty said:

Angela: If we win the hacker we need to put Sam up. If we don't win the hacker, we need to put Rockstar up.
Kaycee: How are we going to put Rockstar up if we don't win the hacker? 
Angela: Oh...Fuck.

*Slaps palm against forehead*

Like ya'll have been saying....Bless her heart.

• Love 4

Maybe it was unfair of us to call Foutté/The Hive/Whatever the fuck their name is stupid over the past few weeks. Apparently it's just the trend when you're out of power for the week.

Nah, they're still stupid. 

• Love 5

Please, Big Brother gods, lift this season's hilarious insanity to an even higher level. Let the next competition be hosted by last year's self-proclaimed "puppetmaster"--our beloved MENSA genius with the inverted spine, the one and only Arkansassy Assy Raven! Surely in the past year, she has contracted several new "rare" diseases to edify the houseguests.  (Also can someone clarify whether she also claimed that her blood ran "backward"?)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DannyRugg said:

Please, Big Brother gods, lift this season's hilarious insanity to an even higher level. Let the next competition be hosted by last year's self-proclaimed "puppetmaster"--our beloved MENSA genius with the inverted spine, the one and only Arkansassy Assy Raven! Surely in the past year, she has contracted several new "rare" diseases to edify the houseguests.  (Also can someone clarify whether she also claimed that her blood ran "backward"?)

It was her epidural that was put in backwards. Her blood ran the right way, as far as I remember.

• Love 2

Does this scenario work ?? Tyler wins Hacker and takes down A or B and puts up RS. Brett wins veto, Tyler goes to cloud  before renom ceremony, and Brett uses veto on remaining L4 member. Hay probably replaces with JC or Sam. 
The only downside is Brett reveals his allegiance.

4 minutes ago, missyb said:

Does this scenario work ?? Tyler wins Hacker and takes down A or B and puts up RS. Brett wins veto, Tyler goes to cloud  before renom ceremony, and Brett uses veto on remaining L4 member. Hay probably replaces with JC or Sam. 
The only downside is Brett reveals his allegiance.

Unfortunately, no. The only way for it to work is to have the person taken down win veto. Brett's not going up. Haleigh wants either JC or Sam up instead.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, D.CBies said:

Baliegh hates whits is what she said. Baliegh has not put her neck out for anyone in the game till she was desperate, and she should have made the apologizes to many for belittling most of them to their face and mostly behind their backs. She was a crazy person that tried to dominate everyone in a comunistic way of going about it. Terrible game play. More flies with Honey. Not bitchism. Bailey is the only one on the show that was talking racist.

I don’t think Bay is a racist, because she loves, Sam, Haliegh and RC, but she made it sound like she could be.

Just now, Callaphera said:

Repeats! I think it might actually be the Hacker Comp now. It took what 2 and a half, just under 3 hours last week?

It sounds like it. The last Hacker comp was about two and a half.

I guess it's time for me to leave work.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

No means no. Flat out. And he doesn't know how to accept it and keeps trying to talk her into it. No. That's not cool and that's why Faysal will always and forever remain Creeper Status in my head. Because hearing a "No" come from anyone and continuing to push forward regardless is shitty.

Absolutely.  But I have no respect whatsoever for a woman whose message is, "NOmaybemaybemaybemaybeNO,"  as is the case with Hay.  Women bear some responsibility for the message they give out. If your message is "NO,"  stop crawling in bed and cuddling with the guy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, D.CBies said:

She does care though. But, she just want everyone’s info. Without contributing any info herself. 

Sam’s not smart enough to play the game right and don’t want to get any blood on her hands so she’s playing the suckers version. She will lose. 

10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It was her epidural that was put in backwards. Her blood ran the right way, as far as I remember.

Yep. The backwards epidural and the "terrible rash" of endometriosis were my faves.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

No, because the person Tyler took down could be put back on the block in that case.

Yeah, that specific plan wouldn't work, but really, all they need to do is win the Hacker comp, put up Rockstar and then one of them win POV. They'll be able to pick one of themselves for the Veto automatically due to the Hacker power, they'll have one of them on the block playing and odds are at least one of them will be picked just by random. 

Then they can vote out Rockstar and all be safe.

Wow, what a fucked up twist the hacker comp is.

• Love 3
Just now, Skycatcher said:

Absolutely.  But I have no respect whatsoever for a woman whose message is, "NOmaybemaybemaybemaybeNO,"  as is the case with Hay.  Women bear some responsibility for the message they give out. If your message is "NO,"  stop crawling in bed and cuddling with the guy!

I don't see Haleigh as saying NOmaybemaybeNO, though. I see it more as putting down boundaries. Yes, I will curl up with you in bed when there are other people around but no, I won't curl up in bed with you when we're alone. Someone is allowed to change their mind that something is okay with them and then it's not and that should be respected. Like I said, the whatever-it-is between Haleigh and Fessy is messy as fuck because they do go back and forth but it comes down simply to: NO MEANS NO.

As soon as Haleigh said "No, you're not sleeping in the HoH room with me tonight", Fessy should have stopped. But he didn't. He kept pressing the issue, Haleigh kept saying no, and they both got a bit of bite in their voices as it continued.

And if it had been the other way around, Haleigh pushing the issue and Faysal saying no, I'd still be railing away at NO MEANS NO because it does. And that should never be questioned. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, that specific plan wouldn't work, but really, all they need to do is win the Hacker comp, put up Rockstar and then one of them win POV. They'll be able to pick one of themselves for the Veto automatically due to the Hacker power, they'll have one of them on the block playing and odds are at least one of them will be picked just by random. 

Then they can vote out Rockstar and all be safe.

Wow, what a fucked up twist the hacker comp is.

It really is the worst. I mean, I’ll be happy if my faves survive this week because of it, but it’s still total bullshit there’s a legit chance that Rockstar goes home during Haleigh’s HOH. 

• Love 1

I was really sad to hear Angela say she would throw herself under a bus for Tyler on last night's episode. I hope she feels the same way about Brett too.

There is just something incredibly unnerving about Tyler to me. I wish I could explain it, but I just can't root for the kid. I don't find him funny, attractive, or charming. His alleged charisma does not appeal to me. I find myself rooting against him at every turn although his allies are my two favorites. Sigh.

It's weird because I didn't like porcine Derrick either, but I did respect his gameplay at least. I feel like in some circles Tyler is already being considered alongside the game's greats and I just don't think he's anywhere near that level. IF he wins, it would put a pretty big black mark on what I consider to be the best season in 10 years. There's nothing fun or exciting about the favorite since like Week 2 being crowned IMO. 

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, D.CBies said:

Hey, this is totally off the B.B. subject, but if u watch Alone on History channel, it is very good. This season has a man name Britt that had been on it last season also, he is a sweet, humble family man with good family values and family traditions. I wish we could vote on that show! Britt would win hands. He almost won last time. He has a precious little boy. It seems like those shows bring out all the best in people while other do the complete opposite. I think Sam is nuts, Tyler is shady, Haliegh is unlocalized to , really anyone. Angela is spoiled. JC is rude and crude, Brett is sarcastic ass, Casee is neither hot nor cold, which is bad., Fezz is clueless, Scotty is kinda smart and kinda dumb, Rock Star is not perceived well at all because of all the nasty, things she constantly says for no reason. 

I meant Haliegh is disloyal to everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't see Haleigh as saying NOmaybemaybeNO, though. I see it more as putting down boundaries. Yes, I will curl up with you in bed when there are other people around but no, I won't curl up in bed with you when we're alone. Someone is allowed to change their mind that something is okay with them and then it's not and that should be respected. Like I said, the whatever-it-is between Haleigh and Fessy is messy as fuck because they do go back and forth but it comes down simply to: NO MEANS NO.

As soon as Haleigh said "No, you're not sleeping in the HoH room with me tonight", Fessy should have stopped. But he didn't. He kept pressing the issue, Haleigh kept saying no, and they both got a bit of bite in their voices as it continued.

And if it had been the other way around, Haleigh pushing the issue and Faysal saying no, I'd still be railing away at NO MEANS NO because it does. And that should never be questioned. 

I agree. And, just to add, this also isn't the real world and she's playing a game. So it's bound to be messy.

Maybe in the real world she really does like him, would want to get closer, but her Grandfather is watching this and she has certain boundaries she'd rather not cross.

Maybe in the real world she really doesn't like him, but she can't be clear about that because needs him as an ally in this game and is handling him in a way that doesn't make her uncomfortable.

But when he says "I really like you," and she says "Thank you." - I'm guessing she's just trying to keep the peace the best she can while she's in there while not indulging him too much, but also not rejecting him outright.

ETA: I feel like this discussion happens every season. The Caleb/Amber situation was the ultimate example of this. Such an icky situation and it burned her game, not vice versa.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't see Haleigh as saying NOmaybemaybeNO, though. 

I see the "maybe" in her actions.  She says "no" loud enough to be heard. But then, with the cuddling, leads him on. Ugly. 

But I accept this is a case of YMMV.

• Love 2

If L6 wins The Hacker comp- they shouldn't pull either of them down- leave them both up there- have Tyler play in the Veto. If he wins then he pulls one of them down, I imagine she throws either Sam or JC up instead. She's not going to touch Brett.

If any of The Hive win the Veto they are going to pull probably Kaycee down- and then try and backdoor Tyler- and then bam Tyler pulls out his power. Kaycee is then safe she can't be put back up there. 

And they still have the vote cancelling- which means that the member of L6 will probably stay. 

I have a headache. I'm done trying to figure this out. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
6 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Actually I agree that Sam doesn’t like to talk game so I understand why Level 6 talks very little game with her.

i am talking about spending time with her on a personal level. Hanging out, making her feel cared about.

they pretty much left her hanging out with Bay (who she has liked since Sams HOH), Rockstar and Fessy while they isolated themselves  in the HOH room laughing about how they were going to embarrass Bay and how dumb the other side of the house is. Brett even told them how much time Sam was spending with Rock, Fessy and Bay but no one could be bothered to spend any real quality time with her. Sam felt left out with level 6 on a personal level.

you would have to be a moron not to see how upset and conflicted Sam felt about Bay leaving and the blowup. Yet not one of them could bother to talk with her except to issue her voting orders. 

If you want to win this game you can’t take anyone or their vote for granted. Again, I think about Rob and crazy Phillip from Survivor. Rob always kept a tight bond with him and never let him feel ignored . Sam was really automatic with Tyler until he started ignoring her as a person

Sam is not a shy, wilting little flower, she is lean, mean and very outspoken. Sam can cry on contact, and she does at her personal convience to gain info. Sam has told everyone not to talk game with her. Sam has told everyone to tell her what everyone else is saying about her. Sam uses “I know they are talking bad about me” now tell me everything. She’s trying to gain information about the game( GAME TALK)!! She does NOT want to go home. F Lying Sam really did want to go up she would have asked Haleigh to put her up instead of shaking her hand making a deal with Haliegh not to put her on the block. Lol Not fooling America Sammy Poo!!!

And it's not just game implications about the NO MEANS NO that bothers me. Faysal steamrolls over Haleigh's "No"s when it comes to a showmance, when it comes to sleeping in the HoH bedroom, when it comes to her paying him back for his using the Veto on him. What other "No"s would he steamroll over - or try to? Would he respect a safe word during sex or would he just ignore the "No"? (And no, I'm not branding him as a sexual predator or anything of the like, just throwing it out there as a thought exercise.)

If anyone doesn't respect a person's "No", even for something less significant, it should be a sign that you should run the fuck away from them. Of course, you can't do that in Big Brother, as we learned from the Caleb/Amber situation, which makes it a little extra creepy. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, D.CBies said:

Sam is not a shy, wilting little flower, she is lean, mean and very outspoken. Sam can cry on contact, and she does at her personal convience to gain info. Sam has told everyone not to talk game with her. Sam has told everyone to tell her what everyone else is saying about her. Sam uses “I know they are talking bad about me” now tell me everything. She’s trying to gain information about the game( GAME TALK)!! She does NOT want to go home. F Lying Sam really did want to go up she would have asked Haleigh to put her up instead of shaking her hand making a deal with Haliegh not to put her on the block. Lol Not fooling America Sammy Poo!!!

Sam was the one that started ignoring them and acting all psycho. Sam thought she could play both sides and blame one side of ignoring her, she was the one playing L6. Poor little Sammy. Boo boo wag. It’s all fake. Everyone will see if they don’t already. I keep my boots on when drama queen Sammy is on the screen.

5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

If L6 wins The Hacker comp- they shouldn't pull either of them down- leave them both up there- have Tyler play in the Veto. If he wins then he pulls one of them down, I imagine she throws either Sam or JC up instead. She's not going to touch Brett.

If any of The Hive win the Veto they are going to pull probably Kaycee down- and then try and backdoor Tyler- and then bam Tyler pulls out his power. Kaycee is then safe she can't be put back up there. 

And they still have the vote cancelling- which means that the member of L6 will probably stay. 

This is slightly riskier but has a better reward.  It isnt considering the possibility that Haliegh wont try and put JC and Sam on the block.  Personally I think she freaks out and puts Sam up as long as Tyler doesnt win the veto

1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Oh Fessy, please stop sharing what you think politics are all about.  It is not a good look for you. 

I shouldn't ask, but what was he blathering about??

I cannot remember all the words he used to describe the job of 'politician' but brave and courageous were two and all180 degrees from words commonly used like, corrupt, sleazy or dishonest!  lol

2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Is that how Tyler’s power works or will they find out as soon as it’s activated (before the ceremony/as it begins)? Theoretically, he could activate the power, and then the veto could not be used at all. In that case, would the houseguests just not find out about it?

19 minutes ago, mooses said:

I agree. And, just to add, this also isn't the real world and she's playing a game. So it's bound to be messy.

Maybe in the real world she really does like him, would want to get closer, but her Grandfather is watching this and she has certain boundaries she'd rather not cross.

Maybe in the real world she really doesn't like him, but she can't be clear about that because needs him as an ally in this game and is handling him in a way that doesn't make her uncomfortable.

But when he says "I really like you," and she says "Thank you." - I'm guessing she's just trying to keep the peace the best she can while she's in there while not indulging him too much, but also not rejecting him outright.

ETA: I feel like this discussion happens every season. The Caleb/Amber situation was the ultimate example of this. Such an icky situation and it burned her game, not vice versa.

I understand what u r saying, but Haleigh is a big girl that is not afraid of telling Fezz to flip off. She only gets what she allows.

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Is that how Tyler’s power works or will they find out as soon as it’s activated (before the ceremony/as it begins)? Theoretically, he could activate the power, and then the veto could not be used at all. In that case, would the houseguests just not find out about it?

I sure wish I knew. Can’t wait to find out.

2 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

This is slightly riskier but has a better reward.  It isnt considering the possibility that Haliegh wont try and put JC and Sam on the block.  Personally I think she freaks out and puts Sam up as long as Tyler doesnt win the veto

The only issue here is you are gambling that she puts up Sam NOT JC. 

JC would vote to keep Angela over Sam. But Sam will NOT vote to keep Angela over JC. So even if you nullified Sam's vote- you have Brett, Kaycee, Tyler voting to keep Angela and then Scottie, Fessy, Rockstar voting to keep JC- Hay breaks the tie. 

Unless they really want him out because they have figured out he's a snake. 

1 hour ago, llewis823 said:

But my problem would be how long the competition lasted - remembering to pay attention or maybe not even knowing exactly how long it lasted. 

That would be mine, too. Big time. 

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I cannot remember all the words he used to describe the job of 'politician' but brave and courageous were two and all180 degrees from words commonly used like, corrupt, sleazy or dishonest!  lol

He really is a walking "bless his heart" definition.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

My guess is- and this is only my guess. She pulls whomever off the block-she nominates Tyler- a song will come on and the App will appear on the screen, saying that Tyler cannot be nominated as he's in the cloud. I think they will be notified AFTER it happens not before. And then she'll have to name another nominee on the spot. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5