Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

The first time I sign up for the feed and I get shafted. People really pay for this treatment?

No. Sometimes they treat us worse, believe it or not.

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Vegas DID specifically mention CBS marketing and social media, so I think Vegas outted herself as part of the social media or marketing team. She may very well be fed tidbits to promote the show. 

I've thought that since the beginning of this season. There's no way the stuff that has come out this season hasn't been perfectly scripted for us. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Perfect Xero said:

Normally the edits don't bother me too much, but it really bugs me how the show is portraying Hay as always having Scottie's back.

I am so angry about this for some reason. 

ESPECIALLY the DRs this episode. "I was so nice to the geeky guy that had no friends! I'm so nice!" Whatever.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Perfect Xero said:

Normally the edits don't bother me too much, but it really bugs me how the show is portraying Hay as always having Scottie's back.

I am too, but I also feel like Haleigh believes that she's had Scottie's back. I do think she genuinely likes the guy, and I think she'll keep in touch with Scottie longer than Fessy, but she hasn't had his back the entire game either.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I've thought that since the beginning of this season. There's no way the stuff that has come out this season hasn't been perfectly scripted for us. 

I'm not sure if a CBS employee would advocate for people to cancel their subscription to CBS All Access.  Or at least it wouldn't be smart and potentially a career killer (there is no guarantee those people will come back).  I'm thinking it has to be an outsider with close connections (maybe a spouse/significant other)?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

I'm not sure if a CBS employee would advocate for people to cancel their subscription to CBS All Access.  Or at least it wouldn't be smart and potentially a career killer (there is no guarantee those people will come back).  I'm thinking it has to be an outsider with close connections (maybe a spouse/significant other)?

Except CBS 110% knows about Vegas and if they didn't give permission, then they would have sniffed Vegas out last year when she started. That's why I think she's working for CBS or Big Brother...and honestly, she sounds like a twenty year old kid who hasn't matured. This year, Vegas HAS gotten very sloppy with her tweets.

I am really curious when Vegas is eventually outed.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Let's be honest: the hardcores are the ones eating up the spoilers. The hardcores will rarely cancel feeds over anything that happens in-game. It happens, sure. But not very often.

• Love 8
Just now, vb68 said:

Huh.  I was assuming Angela was going to give all her balls to Brett.

... my Survivor is showing. I almost rattled off about ten Jeff Probst-esque ball jokes but stopped myself in time.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Julie was absolutely DYING to tell Scottie everything that went down.

If he wasn't so hyped up, I think he would have read between the lines of her questions better like if Fessy targeted him for "personal" reasons. Hint, hint.

She really was dying to tell him everything. She sounded regretful that she couldn't.

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Except CBS 110% knows about Vegas and if they didn't give permission, then they would have sniffed Vegas out last year when she started. That's why I think she's working for CBS or Big Brother...and honestly, she sounds like a twenty year old kid who hasn't matured. This year, Vegas HAS gotten very sloppy with her tweets.

I am really curious when Vegas is eventually outed.

Agreed. If they wanted to put a stop to her tweets, they would.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, missyb said:

Why does being less than 3 months pregnant preclude you from going back in the game? DIdn't women work in the fields , crag water from the river and multitude of other things while pregnant? Xmas participated with a broken foot.

This. She is young and otherwise healthy. Her restrictions in the first trimester would probably be minimal.

7 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Whomever is responsible for the Sunday show is behind this.  There is so little to show other than the HoH comp.

If they still did food comps they wouldn’t have an issue.

Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I can handle a Battleback if Fessy gets evicted next Thursday and Scottie wins the Battleback.

I want Hay voted out, Scotty winning and Fessy and Scottie to start the great showmance of the season then.

Just kidding.  Of the three out already I'd want Rockstar to come back so she can be sent out immediately the next week.  If Sam is voted out I want her to win back then win HOH and we can all sit back and enjoy the show.

1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Sounds like Bayleigh's not pregnant.

I'd hardly trust anything Swaggy tweets.   Swaggy is not allowed any contact with her.  Her parents aren't allowed contact with her.  She is in the jury house about to go into a battle back and is completely sequestered.

1 hour ago, missyb said:

Why does being less than 3 months pregnant preclude you from going back in the game? DIdn't women work in the fields , crag water from the river and multitude of other things while pregnant? Xmas participated with a broken foot.

Absolutely she can play if pregnant.  What is wrong with people nowadays with this trophy generation put them into a big plastic safe bubble wrap crap.  Women still work in the fields.  And white collar women work in high stress jobs right up until they go into labor.  And many women don't know they are pregnant until a couple of months in because of irregular periods normally.

55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

28 minutes ago, Slider said:

Re: Vegas - Too much realtime info to not be a producer.

I disagree completely.  Vegas knew about the oven fire right away. That is something a production worker on the ground knows immediately.  Not some higher up. 

Vegas is either a hard working production person on the ground or a friend/spouse of theirs.  CBS/BB chooses to look the other way because it doesn't hurt them.  But they might get a little upset now though with divisions between BB higher-ups and CBS and After Dark people having in-fighting discussed in these tweets.

Grodner -- who would be there for the live show in person like someone else here mentioned -- would have final control on holding the feeds hostage tonight so she definitely has NOTHING to do with Vegas.

Edited by green
  • Love 2

You know Vegas is eating up all this attention, and is now throwing Button Boy under the bus some more. Just like Haleigh did to Scottie.

ETA: I'm very BEC about Vegas. I don't like people who doxx other people just because they get their feewings huwt.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

Ok, so they had a reset to explain the rules, a pause to fix the prop and a maximum game time of 1 hour.  It's been about 1 hour 20 minutes since the end of the live show.  How much longer do we think this can go on for?  10? 20? 30 minutes? All night lol?

• Love 1

My guess if Angela is in the lead- she locked her number in. I would imagine (could be wrong obviously) that she locked in her number AFTER Hay locked hers in- because otherwise you keep trying. Or Level 6 decided to divide and conquer- 2 of them get as high as they can and lock the numbers in while the other 2 keep trying to get the "Perfect Shot".  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, green said:
43 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

16 minutes ago, Slider said:

Re: Vegas - Too much realtime info to not be a producer.

I disagree completely.  Vegas knew about the oven fire right away. That is something a production worker on the ground knows immediately.  Not some higher up. 

Vegas is either a hard working production person on the ground or a friend/spouse of theirs.  CBS/BB chooses to look the other way because it doesn't hurt them.  But they might get a little upset now though with divisions between BB higher-ups and CBS and After Dark people having in-fighting discussed in these tweets.

Grodner -- who would be there for the live show in person like someone else here mentioned -- would have final control on holding the feeds hostage tonight so she definitely has NOTHING to do with Vegas.

I wasn't implying that Vegas had the control, because clearly they don't.  Also, producers are the ones that are asking them the questions in the diary room.  They are there all the time.  A production assistant on the ground or a friend or spouse would easily be found out - it's too obvious when their phones are out.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zenithwit said:

Ok, so they had a reset to explain the rules, a pause to fix the prop and a maximum game time of 1 hour.  It's been about 1 hour 20 minutes since the end of the live show.  How much longer do we think this can go on for?  10? 20? 30 minutes? All night lol?

The feeds will come back late at night and everyone will be in bed asleep downstairs and we'll have to wait until morning for results.

Hey, it's happened before.

• Love 3

If they can't turn the feeds back on, I really wish they'd play new old episodes.  The same 3/4 eps having been playing for HOURS.  

Also, the only BB16 episode I ever need to see again is Overwhelming No.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 7

It's sad because they do have a lot of material to work with but they seem to be waiting to show some stuff for a particular "story" (ie. The Sam/Brett stuff or Tangela). This season has been filled with great material, so I'm not sure why they're making it seem like they have nothing to show.

3 minutes ago, green said:

Absolutely she can play if pregnant.  What is wrong with people nowadays with this trophy generation put them into a big plastic safe bubble crap.  Women still work in the fields.  And white collar weomen work in high stress jobs right up until they go into labor.  And many women don't know they are pregnant until a couple of months in because of irregular periods normally.

So, I guess I'm the one who brought this up in the first place. I honestly blocked out all of last season, so I thought that BB wouldn't want to be liable in case anything did happen. That was my thought process about them not wanting Bayleigh to go back into the house. But then Christmas was brought up and I realize that this show sucks when it comes to dealing with these types of situations. Christmas' broken foot, Sam's mental health issues, and now a possible pregnancy. Though, yeah, I also brought up the possibility of a miscarriage but again, I just assume CBS will want to cover their own asses in case Swaggy C decides to sue for the fame. 

But, if they can accommodate Christmas, they'll accommodate Bayleigh.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Vegas just tweeted that another Prop broke. LMAO. 

Also Vegas: "I totally have a boyfriend! He just... lives... in Canada..."

That's what these excuses are sounding like but honestly, it's probably the stupid mini-golf obstacles on the roll-y part that keep breaking and those are kinda important to the comp.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, green said:

I completely forgot about the tweets about the infighting.  I can't imagine CBS executives would be happy with that type of information leaking from the inside.  Would that be some sort of NDA violation?  Or maybe they don't care because the information is vague and the scope is small?

Don't forget, we're taking the word of Vegas that we were supposed to get this comp on the feeds. I don't remember Julie mentioning it on the show and insofar as I know, there was no banner or message about seeing the comp play out on the feeds (please correct me if I'm wrong). And then Vegas deflected the lack of feeds blame and put it on some unknown faceless person so that we don't blame Big Brother. 

I dunno, I'm feeling a little played here. *readjusts my tinfoil hat*

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

And another question for everyone. If you were on BB, what would your silly move that would appear in the opening credits?

I'd give a thumbs up like the Fonz because I'm cool like that. 

• Love 8

So this is both boring and very annoying. I wish I was tired so I could go to sleep. If it’s true that Angela is in the lead (whatever that means, I deleted the show after Scottie’s interview), then cool. Hayleigh/Fessie goes up, she will totally be a bitch about it, they will make her the devil, and everyone else skates free. Works for me, she’s my least favorite HG (after Fessie).

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Don't forget, we're taking the word of Vegas that we were supposed to get this comp on the feeds. I don't remember Julie mentioning it on the show and insofar as I know, there was no banner or message about seeing the comp play out on the feeds (please correct me if I'm wrong). And then Vegas deflected the lack of feeds blame and put it on some unknown faceless person so that we don't blame Big Brother. 

Agreed. I'm over Vegas. It was fun to get the little tidbits here and there- but I felt it crossed a line when they started talking about medical stuff pertaining to Sam & Bayleigh. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think the person with their finger on the controls that said no way is Grodner and she made the call before the show even started.  What the other parties wanted were scotched before the show even aired.  Why Grodner?  (1) She has ultimate authority in the end.  (2) Because it leaves her with all the juicy video for her show.  Not for CBS live feeds or After Dark people.

I'm all in on Vegas as long as they keep producing the real stuff.  And they are.  I have no problem with the stuff on Sam and Bay.  It shows what is really going on in a reality show.  The curtain is pulled back and we see what it takes to talk down (med up?) up a crazy person etc.  I don't think reality shows are unicorns and rainbows and I like to get to the truth about stuff like that.  Cash first, people second.  Just like every other business.

Edited by green
  • Love 6
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. I'm over Vegas. It was fun to get the little tidbits here and there- but I felt it crossed a line when they started talking about medical stuff pertaining to Sam & Bayleigh. 

I feel like that's when it started to get too messy and now the DR sessions about whether Tyler and Angela like each other? That's a bit too much. I like some mystery left to my Big Brother experience.

• Love 1