Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, I have a Would You Rather: WYR be stuck in solitary confinement for 24 hours to only have Bayleigh's nose issues playing on loop, or Rockstar saying "YAAAAS" playing on loop? 

I'll take the Rockstar "YAAAAS" on the loop, especially if they're different "YAAAAS"s because when I go insane around hour four, that's easier to mimic back while the nose snorting issues would just make my throat hurt to repeat for that long. 

• Love 3
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Meanwhile it seems as if the early BB boots are all hanging out and having a good time. I have a feeling this will be one of those casts that stays friends after the show ends. No one seems inherently petty or vicious enough to hold grudges.

Kaitlyn, Winston, and Rachel have been hanging out together for almost a week now. They all have gotten really, really close. They're making light hearted jokes about their time in the house such as Winston making fun of Kaitlyn's inability to do a puzzle, Rachel's teasing about Angela (she apparently replied to a comment on a video she made where she confirmed this was seemingly all in good fun), Winston/Rachel calling themselves Level 2, and Winston's overall joking behaviour about things happening in the house. 

Meanwhile, Swaggy's still bitter and bitching about Kaitlyn, while Steve's nowhere to be found, seemingly sinking back into his life before Big Brother. 

I think most of the cast will remain friends with each other. I think Swaggy won't want to, but if he sticks by Bayleigh, he might run into more BB20 castmates over the next few months, as I can see Bayleigh maintaining some of her friendships, at least with FOUTTE/Sacred 6/The Hive. I even see Rockstar being friends with some of these people once she gets over her inevitable bitterness. 

So yeah, Swaggy and maybe Bayleigh will probably be the ones to distance themselves. 

• Love 3
Just now, zenithwit said:

Ugh.. now Haleigh and Fessie are spooning.  Today is not going to be a good day, is it?

Yeah....I was hoping Haleigh would remain strong and not pull a Liz, but it seems like she is. I really don't think she's actually interested in him, but his pushiness combined with being stuck in a house 24/7 with him for the last 54 days (54 DAYS, HALEIGH! AND FIVE HOURS ON THE HAMMOCK!) and her probably feeling a bit lonely and sex-deprived has gotten her to cave.

They will not stick together for long outside of this show. I think Haleigh would rather be with Scottie than with Fessy. I think she's only sexually attracted to Fessy and nothing more. But her giving in has forced me to stop defending her. She's given in; I cannot vouch for her anymore. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kaitlyn, Winston, and Rachel have been hanging out together for almost a week now. They all have gotten really, really close. They're making light hearted jokes about their time in the house such as Winston making fun of Kaitlyn's inability to do a puzzle, Rachel's teasing about Angela (she apparently replied to a comment on a video she made where she confirmed this was seemingly all in good fun), Winston/Rachel calling themselves Level 2, and Winston's overall joking behaviour about things happening in the house. 

Meanwhile, Swaggy's still bitter and bitching about Kaitlyn, while Steve's nowhere to be found, seemingly sinking back into his life before Big Brother. 

I think most of the cast will remain friends with each other. I think Swaggy won't want to, but if he sticks by Bayleigh, he might run into more BB20 castmates over the next few months, as I can see Bayleigh maintaining some of her friendships, at least with FOUTTE/Sacred 6/The Hive. I even see Rockstar being friends with some of these people once she gets over her inevitable bitterness. 

So yeah, Swaggy and maybe Bayleigh will probably be the ones to distance themselves. 

Swaggy is STILL bitter!  He was at the same event in Florida and only saw them in one group picture with other reality people. 

Where's Steve?  I figured he would be hanging out with Donny, Glenn, etc.

• Love 1

Haleigh was talking about how she thinks the jury house is way less stressful than the BB house.  Faysal says the only thing that would stress him about being in jury is if Haleigh acts the way there that she does in the BB house.  He says that once they're in Jury, the game is over so there's no need to hide anything.  She agrees.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Nah, that's fine, if you're into that type of guy, Austin definitely fit that look to a tee.

It was all fine until Austin suddenly developed an allergy to soap despite yelling about Irish Spring all the time. I regretted it from that point on.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It was all fine until Austin suddenly developed an allergy to soap despite yelling about Irish Spring all the time. I regretted it from that point on.

Lmao when the BB voice told Austin to wash his hands after he came out of the bathroom. So gross. 

• Love 4

Faysal says they've been living in the house for 54 days and if you can live with someone in the same house for 54 days and see everything they do and still like them.  He never quite finished the thought but I'm sure in his head it means you're totally ready for marriage at that point.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Faysal says they've been living in the house for 54 days and if you can live with someone in the same house for 54 days and see everything they do and still like them.  He never quite finished the thought but I'm sure in his head it means you're totally ready for marriage at that point.

Give him a day or two and he'll be picking out china patterns.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Oh yeah, Fessy's gonna probably start talking about marriage and babies soon enough.

Since there's a lull in the feeds, I'm gonna make some dinner.

• Love 1

Also in re: Fessy vs Austin, at least Fessy didn’t come into the house with a girlfriend and break up with her on the livefeeds. 

But, I think tunabeard is the dealbreaker no matter the circumstances. 

In actual feed news, I’m looking forward to the upcoming Tyler/JC conversation because I *think* it might be the only chance to seeing exactly how JC feels. I don’t think he’s completely honest with anyone in the house, but he seems to be the most real with Tyler. 

• Love 3

I was going to say Austin and his glasses were pretty attractive, but Ceeg reminding me of tunabeard just sent that thought out the window. Ugh.

Faysal was totally my eye candy this season, but not anymore. Run, Haleigh! I'll have to go with Brett instead. *still cracking up at his giggling at anal lice*

• Love 4

Winston using 'Rachel and I' incorrectly is just so Winston.

50 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Steve's nowhere to be found, seemingly sinking back into his life before Big Brother. 

Good for Steve!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't even plan on watching tonight's ep except for the Hacker comp. And I won't be watching Wednesday's at all. I have never skipped a regular episode in 19 seasons. I think I said this earlier on in the season and it might really come true, this might be the season that breaks my habit.

You can’t skip Wednesday, @peachmangosteen - it’s OTEV, for God’s sake!

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the worst part of this whole season for me is that the audience is acting like L6 is the best alliance in history when they honestly mostly suck lol. Foutte is stupid, but L6 is still rolling simply because Tyler is saving them. Rachel and Winston were utter messes and Angela and Kaycee are just run-of-the-mill players at best.

L6 is by no means the Best BB Alliance Evah - but they are better than average, precisely because they aren’t Supergenius Tyler and the Knuckleheads.  Tyler is definitely a cut above the average - I’d actually put him somewhere around BB’5 Top 5 or 10 - but the strength of L6 is not in any one player, but in the team cohesion.  Unlike 90% of other alliances, L6 doesn’t start trying to eat their own every time they get a 1- or 2-vote advantage over their opponents.

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I can too easily picture  Sam getting upset.

"You talkin' to me Robot? What did you just say?"

And the whole thing getting very awkward very fast.

Naah; as long as the for-sure-broadcast cameras are running and the other HGs are laughing it all off, Sam will laugh along with them.  Sam won’t blow up until that evening, when she’s had several hours to stew over it.

3 hours ago, vb68 said:

So I guess Haleigh finally got out of the tub. That's where she still was when I went to bed. Holding probably her most important One on One of the season so far tipsy and in a tub. Tyler tried to walk out at first. I felt his embarrassment and shared it. But it showed so much about the two sides are playing. 

Hay’s HOHitis has kicked into high gear, to the point she honestly believes she’s playing The Best Game in the House - she has everybody completely snowed, everybody believes everything she says, and all of her ideas are The Best Ideas Ever (Hay actually thinks Tyler believes her when, after Tyler’s already won PoV and guaranteed his Block immunity, she NOW says she never ever planned to BD Tyler, fer crying out loud).  And if any HG makes a move which doesn’t fit into her Carefully Crafted Plans, sure we’ll hear Hay loudly bewailing how she doesn’t understand why anybody would make such a move.

3 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

To me, JC is the biggest value for the smallest price/blowback.

I’m pretty sure the ONLY reason JC hasn’t been nommed yet is self-preservation on the part of the other HGs; JC will totally FREAK, and listening to JC squall about it for a week would make me want to die....

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I have no idea. I never thought she did, but then she stuck with him for a few months outside of the house so it's hard to even say. Maybe? 

Ok, I have a Would You Rather: WYR be stuck in solitary confinement for 24 hours to only have Bayleigh's nose issues playing on loop, or Rockstar saying "YAAAAS" playing on loop? 

Since you didn’t specifically disqualify death as an option on this’un - I’ll go witn Door Number Three, Monty.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You can’t skip Wednesday, @peachmangosteen - it’s OTEV, for God’s sake!

I don't feel like watching Tyler win solely because RS accidentally handed it to him. I'm not hugely into OTEV anyway.

I wouldn't watch tonight's ep at all, but I really liked the first Hacker comp so I wanna see what this one was like.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Meanwhile it seems as if the early BB boots are all hanging out and having a good time. I have a feeling this will be one of those casts that stays friends after the show ends. No one seems inherently petty or vicious enough to hold grudges.

I read this as "early BB boobs." 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't feel like watching Tyler win solely because RS accidentally handed it to him. I'm not hugely into OTEV anyway.

Frankly, I rarely give a shit who wins OTEV.  What *I* love is watching the HGs body-checking each other all over the scenery like bocce balls.  Now THAT’S genuine, 100% good clean all-American fun right there, by God.  ;>

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Frankly, I rarely give a shit who wins OTEV.  What *I* love is watching the HGs body-checking each other all over the scenery like bocce balls.  Now THAT’S genuine, 100% good clean all-American fun right there, by God.  ;>

You make a great point. How about you let me know if there's any good stuff in there and I'll go back and watch the comp if there is. TIA!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wouldn't watch tonight's ep at all, but I really liked the first Hacker comp so I wanna see what this one was like.

They did a shockingly good job on the first Hacker comp, right?

• Love 1

Sam is puffing away on a cigarette outside with Rockstar.  So if she really did say she was quitting smoking, she either wasn't serious or it was an extremely short lived attempt.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Irish Spring and brass tacks.  Lol

Personality aside....goodness, Winston is good looking!!! Meow

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Sam is puffing away on a cigarette outside with Rockstar.  So if she really did say she was quitting smoking, she either wasn't serious or it was an extremely short lived attempt.

I wonder if the PTB suggested to her quitting in the house while she was having issues was not a smart idea.

• Love 2

According to Sam because our society is so great and we all have everything readily available that people turn inward when they feel not satisfied, when they don't feel happy, when they can't get enough.  She says then it's all about "What's wrong with me?  Why am I not happy? ".  Sam says, "I just hate that because there's nothing wrong with most of us.  Me included."

• Love 1

I don’t think L6 is the best alliance to ever alliance. But I do think they’re one of the only major alliances to be pretty chill and completely game-focused. It also helps (for me) that as of now, it’s not a typical bro alliance either (like Hayden’s). Idk I just tend to root for people who play the game without the “how dare they play the game” and “[insert name] doesn’t deserve to be here”. 

Also, just for me personally, I tend to root for the lgbt housemates until they give me reason not to. So far KC has been chill and normal and sweet, and though I’ve disagreed with a lot of what JC says, he’s playing a good game. And I like that he’s not a typical BB gay guy. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, mooses said:

Sam is talking about her self-confidence issues with how she looks. She says, "I want to work out As much as I want to work out and lose weight, here it just feels like conforming, and it makes me mad. I've just got a bad attitude. I've got to change my way of thinking." 

I always think that if I were in the House, there's usually so many HGs that are into fitness - it's the perfect opportunity to have a "personal trainer" for a few weeks.

She wants to work out but does not want to conform??  This is so, so very odd.  Bat shit crazy, really. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

I actually get what Sam is saying. I think. If she works out, she wants it to be for herself. But in the BB house, she feels like she has to work out to compete with other HGs and because the cameras are watching her 24/7. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

To be fair, don’t they see Julie on the main screen prior to the DR voting?

Yes, but can't she looked at the camera direct, instead of looking up and down and all around? It makes the compliment seem insincere.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

LOL!

The "Mhmmms" are my favorite!

10 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I actually get what Sam is saying. I think. If she works out, she wants it to be for herself. But in the BB house, she feels like she has to work out to compete with other HGs and because the cameras are watching her 24/7. 

I get the camera thing, for sure. But I feel like a lot of her issues come from feeling like she has to compete with the other HGs (in a personal way, not a game way) when the others wouldn't think of it like that. It'd actually probably be good game and a good way to bond with HGs she's having trouble connecting with to work out with them.

But you are right. And she says she knows it's not the right way to think, so I'm not really trying to make a dig at her. More that I've always thought that Big Brother would be a good opportunity to take advantage of all the HGs that love to workout. Which reminds me: remember when Mark tried to show the HGs how to use the ropes last year, but he just straight-up Donkey Kong-ed them?!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, mooses said:

Sam is talking about her self-confidence issues with how she looks. She says, "I want to work out As much as I want to work out and lose weight, here it just feels like conforming, and it makes me mad. I've just got a bad attitude. I've got to change my way of thinking." 

I always think that if I were in the House, there's usually so many HGs that are into fitness - it's the perfect opportunity to have a "personal trainer" for a few weeks.

I agree with this. I would be so excited to have a personal trainer to help and motivate me. And, I call bullshit on this ( from Sam). She did a lot of yoga workouts with Bay. And, I think, much to Bays surprise, she kept up with her. There were some very big flexibility and balancing moves and Bay was right there with her. I think even Bay was surprised how Sam went move tot move with her. I saw her do practice ballet routines  with Rachel ( who was learning some stuff) and Sam was solid as a tree.

She is okay "working out" with stuff she excels in but not with routines that other people excel in.  That makes her feel bad,uncomfortable or conforming.  She is a very balanced strong lady. If she did some of the strength training routinely she would advance very quickly. She just doesn't like to not be good in something. That makes her feel "stupid or being made fun of".

Thats the impression I have been getting for awhile now.

• Love 4

One thing I like about this season is there is no shunning happening. While there are sides and they are all gaming, they still eat together, work out together and hang out to talk about non-game stuff. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

You're a monster.

Only on days ending in Y. I have to live up to my rep as the evil twin here.

46 minutes ago, mooses said:

Sam says the same damned thing every day - "I need to change the way I think" - and every day, she thinks the same way. Whatever. She's just going to be a sour puss until the end of the season and I kinda hope that they just keep dragging her along week after week to, like, Final 6 or something, just to annoy her as much as she annoys me. It only seems fair.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

I don’t think L6 is the best alliance to ever alliance. But I do think they’re one of the only major alliances to be pretty chill and completely game-focused. It also helps (for me) that as of now, it’s not a typical bro alliance either (like Hayden’s). Idk I just tend to root for people who play the game without the “how dare they play the game” and “[insert name] doesn’t deserve to be here”. 

Also, just for me personally, I tend to root for the lgbt housemates until they give me reason not to. So far KC has been chill and normal and sweet, and though I’ve disagreed with a lot of what JC says, he’s playing a good game. And I like that he’s not a typical BB gay guy. 

how did you feel about andy the rat

I don’t agree that L4 is all sunshine and lollipops. They were all salty as hell when Tyler was on the block for 5 minutes. It was like a crime against humanity for Kaycee and Angela that someone had dared put him on the block. 

And they all sat around and mocked Rockstar’s body when she was doing her punishments. 

They're not the worst group of people ever but they’re far from perfect. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, bballbball said:

how did you feel about andy the rat

I hated Andy. Of all the BB strategies, The Rat is my least favorite. 

The only LGBT BB HG who hasn’t disappointed me is Vanessa. That’s why I’m really rooting for KC and JC and their side of the house, because for me, so far I’m okay with both of them. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zorak said:

I think some of these people fail to realize what a bubble the BB House is. Making a relationship work in the real world will be much more difficult.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I don’t agree that L4 is all sunshine and lollipops. They were all salty as hell when Tyler was on the block for 5 minutes. It was like a crime against humanity for Kaycee and Angela that someone had dared put him on the block. 

And they all sat around and mocked Rockstar’s body when she was doing her punishments. 

They're not the worst group of people ever but they’re far from perfect. 

Oh, for sure. I don't think any alliance on this show has been perfect in any way. I don't think it's even possible. But I guess I think back to the last few seasons, where I remember how pissed off I'd get because each target would be bashed constantly by the majority alliance. There wouldn't go one day without personal attacks being thrown out left and right.At some points, it wouldn't even be about game. Last year was obviously really bad for that. I remember BB18 having its fair share because of Victor/Paul/Jozea in week one, and then mostly Paul and Paulie later on. BB17, I can't recall it having much personal bashing, but then the previous seasons from that, it would be week after week after week. 

So yeah, I get that there's going to be some personal insults thrown around. I hate it every time and it doesn't excuse it in any way. But after so many seasons of it happening all the time, it's nice that it's more like 85% game bashing and 15% personal insults. I know it's a shitty line to draw, since I should be wanting no personal insults period, but this is Big Brother. I can't expect a miracle or perfection here.

With L6, they do bash personally, but it's more of an occasional thing than anything, and it rarely goes far to the point where it's completely unforgivable. It's not like last year. It's not like Paul's hour long Bridgette bash session with Bridgette in BB18. I think, for me, L6 sticks to game stuff more often than not, and that's important to me. This season, in general, has been much better in regards to the bullying and bash sessions. Haleigh/Rockstar's bashing session wasn't great to watch, but it's not unforgivable to me. Bayleigh threatening to kill Scottie and Sam's violent comments are more unforgivable. Some of JC's own comments are unforgivable. But in terms of this stuff compared to previous seasons? It is a breath of fresh air. 

I guess that's where my line is drawn. It's not my typical line, mind you; I've had to create my own Big Brother line in terms of morality and personal stuff because if I kept my morality line with this game, it would constantly be crossed.

• Love 10

Sam is not getting a good edit on the show.  

Does anyone know the subject Fussy teaches?  I'm kinda hoping it's lunch or detention.

Edited by urusai
  • Love 3