Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E00: First Look

• Start Topic

According to a Reddit commenter

the brides are from left to right:

Mia (29) - Devout Diva - Says she is would "make a great wife because (she) is spontaneous"

Amber (36) - Fiercely Independent - "nontraditional wife who doesn't do domestic chores " (Think Ashley from MAFS Chi)

Danniel (3) - Dog Lover - Fosters dogs.

Screenshot_2.png

So I'm thinking of these possibilities:

Mia is matched with Mr. Type A planner
Amber is matched with Mr. Traditional brings home the bacon she cooks it guy
Danniel is matched with Mr. Has Severe Dog Allergies (or just doesn't like them)

• Love 6

@humbleopinion brace yourself you are going to be thrilled one July 3rd 9.03pm there is another 1 minute episode that they are calling supertease, seriously how much can they fit in a flippin minute. I am annoyed already by the time the season starts I will be ready to throw objects at the TV.

• Love 3

Now see? I came here to see when the new season started because I remembered it started sometime in July, and here y'all are with previews already! I knew y'all would have the tea.

17 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

The 36 year old looked 43, easily.

She does. The tan and blonde-blonde extensions age her. 

Interesting that they have folks over 35 this season - I don't think that's happened before. Also interesting that they'll have a Black/not-Black interracial couple, as I don't think that's happened before either.

11 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I am going with

Dave & Amber
Tristan & Mia
Bobby & Danielle

I agree. I think they'll put the over-35 people together. I don't think I'd be happy to be 36 and matched with a 27-year-old guy (yes, I know straight couples where the woman is 9 years older can work - I think that's Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade's age difference). That would be the biggest age difference they've had, I think.

Is Bobby with the dead ducks in his freezer a hunter? Is that how he came to have dead ducks? Interesting if he's paired with the dog lover.

• Love 1

The three grooms are

Dave, 37, "family first", wants to be a dad

Tristan, 29, "hopeless romantic", runs multiple tutoring franchises

Bobby, 27, "Southern gentlemen", keeps ducks he hunted in fridge

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Gobears said:

The three grooms are

Dave, 37, "family first", wants to be a dad

Tristan, 29, "hopeless romantic", runs multiple tutoring franchises

Bobby, 27, "Southern gentlemen", keeps ducks he hunted in fridge

I'll be shocked if Bobby isn't matched with the dog foster lady. Maybe she's got a retriever he could borrow...

Edited by gonecrackers
dog breed correction
  • Love 2
(edited)

From the video clip, it seems that Bobby already has a black labrador retriever (which has historically been used for duck hunting), so at least they paired two dog lovers together. Don't know how she will feel about duck hunting though...

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 4

Yeah, realized I had the wrong dog breed there.

We don't know they've been matched though, right?  It was a wild guess.

At least there are no "Ryan's" this time. That's a name with a bad track record for this show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

We don't know they've been matched though, right?  It was a wild guess.

At least there are no "Ryan's" this time. That's a name with a bad track record for this show.

True, we don't know they're matched. He could be matched with Mia, the "devout diva". Does that mean she's religious and high-maintenance? Since he's described as a "Southern gentleman", maybe he likes a woman like that. I don't see him being matched with the 36-year old independent woman who won't do domestic chores. 

There may be no Ryans, but there is a Dave and a Danielle and we haven't had a good track record with people with those names either...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gobears said:

There may be no Ryans, but there is a Dave and a Danielle and we haven't had a good track record with people with those names either...

There's a three Ryan's strike out at this point. We'll see if this will be strike No. 2 for David & Danielle.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:36 PM, humbleopinion said:

Tonite's preview is one minute long...so don't blink... you'll miss the "introduction" to half the cast.

I've always wondered if the show wouldn't be more fun if the episodes were one minute long.  That way they could cut out the filler.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

Will we get updates on last season's couples?  I've heard a few rumors but nothing official.

I'm guessing that any break-up news will be announced the same day as the inevitable People magazine article announcing the new participants. Since the new season is premiering in 2 weeks, it should be soon.

• Love 1

They might hold off until after the baby arrives, people may not like a divorce announcement before the birth of baby Pierre. I suspect they have split since there has been no futher press of this baby and them looking forward to the future as a family. Ryan & Jaclyn are a given divorce so they need people to hope that they didn't fail all 3 couples again.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2018 at 2:42 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I love this series.... so happy its coming back. I mean, its horrible, but in a good way!!

I legit find it fascinating. I was a psych major so I find human behavior and relationship dynamics really interesting. I like to look at why the participants are drawn to something like this and why they might be single; why the experts pair them and whether I disagree with their choices; and how and why the couples work or don't work or COULD work together. Even at its train-wreckiest, I find the behavior piece fascinating.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I legit find it fascinating. I was a psych major so I find human behavior and relationship dynamics really interesting. I like to look at why the participants are drawn to something like this and why they might be single; why the experts pair them and whether I disagree with their choices; and how and why the couples work or don't work or COULD work together. Even at its train-wreckiest, I find the behavior piece fascinating.

It would be nice if the editors and producers would do a better job. There is so much room for improvement on this (and other) reality shows. Imagine if they eliminated most of the repetitive clips  - they could add another 10+ minutes of new content each episode. And then to step back and let there be more a more organic unfolding of events rather than forcing the participants into certain roles (via editing and setting up scenes) in order to fabricate drama. I would love to see more of a documentary style. I think the show would still have a lot of viewers.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 2

I am fascinated by the possibility of an African American/ East Indian American marriage because it defines a lot of my family, but is never represented in the media. However, I also have to side eye an East Indian woman who voluntarily goes on this show, because we are the one culture that has many options for legitimate arranged marriages besides going on a shitty reality show. My apologies if Mya turns out to be of Hispanic/Latina descent.

• Love 1

I am attracted and repelled at the same time by this program. These are real people ... and that is very interesting to me. Folks just like you or me are doing this crazy weird stuff. I'm totally captivated by it, and at the same time, I feel like the producers look for problems rather than happiness for the participants.

• Love 4

This show is my guilty pleasure. I hate it and can't look away. I'm repulsed yet intrigued.  So far, in the brief clips we've seen, I already dislike all the participants. And yet....I've already set my DVR and chatted about show anticipation with my friend who also has a love/hate relationship with this show. I decided a while ago to always either 1) stream it, or 2) DVR it, this way, I can fast forward through the A-holes (see: Ryan). 

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself for yet another season. I swore I wouldn't. I can only hope that the extreme scripting we were forced to watch last season isn't as noticable this season. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

This show is my guilty pleasure. I hate it and can't look away. I'm repulsed yet intrigued.  So far, in the brief clips we've seen, I already dislike all the participants. And yet....I've already set my DVR and chatted about show anticipation with my friend who also has a love/hate relationship with this show. I decided a while ago to always either 1) stream it, or 2) DVR it, this way, I can fast forward through the A-holes (see: Ryan). 

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself for yet another season. I swore I wouldn't. I can only hope that the extreme scripting we were forced to watch last season isn't as noticable this season. 

That is so me I roll my eyes way too much yet feel like I need to watch, I tell myself this season will be better when in reality it has been a shitshow for so long there is no way it will improve. The participants are all blah nobody stands out yet this is the most dramatic season ever apparently, maybe they have been watching Australia and some partner swaps happen.

I am going to miss Tara & Brian's snark on the podcast I love it and I hope they will bring it back for Philly.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, gonecrackers said:

So I'm thinking of these possibilities:

Mia is matched with Mr. Type A planner
Amber is matched with Mr. Traditional brings home the bacon she cooks it guy
Danniel is matched with Mr. Has Severe Dog Allergies (or just doesn't like them)

Exactly! Someday these experts are going to fix everybody by pairing them with their opposites! They just know it’ll work this time! Ha!

ETA:  at this point the only reason I watch this train wreck is so that my mom and I can snark on it together over the phone. And so I can snark on it with you guys!

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6

Just when I think I'm out... they pull me back in!

I watched the match making special & the first 2 episodes (don't judge me.) There are no episode threads up yet, so here goes:

On 6/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, crazychicken said:

dallas10.jpg

dallas11.jpg

I am going with

Dave & Amber
Tristan & Mia
Bobby & Danielle

July 10th 9/8C

Amber got so drunk at her bachelorette party, she yakked into a bucket. I always wonder when people party that hard the night before their wedding. Like, won't you feel like crap during the ceremony? 

Mia seemed drunk or medicated or just loopy at her wedding. She was serious about not kissing him! I wondered what Tristan's mom, grandmother & sister thought about his deal breaker: that his wife not have a darker complextion than he. I mean, they're all darker than him.

Bobby is adorable. That shade about his ring size wasn't cool.

• Love 4

I'm rooting for all the couples! Even though, IMO:

Tristan resembles Jay-Z too much;

Amber looks and acts hard;

Danielle's eyebrows are drawn by a heavy hand;

Dave has a downward mouth;

Mia's kiss-avoidance is at odds with her happy statements.

Got nothin' negative about Bobby. 

Is this season being rushed? Am I misremembering the last season (e. g., with its scene of the men at the jewelry store and the snarking about ring sizes) as having more extended time with the singles? I guess I didn't expect to go from watching initial interviews to the wedding night in an evening marathon! ?

It was all great fun,  until the previews brought me the sadz. ?

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Is this season being rushed?

Usually they have the preparation episode separate ending with the pre-wedding pacing and we have to wait a week to watch the weddings.  I was so glad they didn't keep us waiting this time! 

Just first impressions, Mia does not seem into Tristan much, not just the rejected kiss, but the look on her face. 

Edited by suzeecat
clarification
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm rooting for all the couples! Even though, IMO:

Tristan resembles Jay-Z too much;

Amber looks and acts hard;

Danielle's eyebrows are drawn by a heavy hand;

Dave has a downward mouth;

Mia's kiss-avoidance is at odds with her happy statements.

Got nothin' negative about Bobby. 

Is this season being rushed? Am I misremembering the last season (e. g., with its scene of the men at the jewelry store and the snarking about ring sizes) as having more extended time with the singles? I guess I didn't expect to go from watching initial interviews to the wedding night in an evening marathon! ?

It was all great fun,  until the previews brought me the sadz. ?

7 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Usually they have the preparation episode separate ending with the pre-wedding pacing and we have to wait a week to watch the weddings.  I was so glad they didn't keep us waiting this time! 

Just first impressions, Mia does not seem into Tristan much, not just the rejected kiss, but the look on her face. 

My first impression: Amber & Dave have the best chance, although with her age (no tea, no shade, I'm older) fertility issues may be a problem.

I think Danielle has had microblading on her eyebrows & eyelash extensions. I'm not mad; I just think it's a little overdone. 

Mia seemed so together during the interviews, now she seems a hawt mess! I was surprised she didn't tell her family she applied for the show until it was a done deal. 10 days before the wedding, the contracts are already signed. They were a little hard on her, but they had no notice. Her father shed some light on her reluctance to kiss a stranger--- their cultural background from the Caribbean--- but, I don't think Tristan was listening.

I dunno... the previews look like all the relationships are doomed... But! I'm here for the ride!

• Love 4

In between Dr. Jessica and Pastor Cal, Dr. Pepper looks like she's standing in a hole....get her a box to stand on so everyone can be in the same shot, not just the top of her frosted head....

The party is over at the Speculation thread...hopefully the convo will mosey over here....

• Love 5

I don't understand why they are told the ring size. This was never done until last season.

Gosh, just tell the jewelry store the size!

Guess they are trying some new drama.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2018 at 8:27 AM, crazychicken said:

I am going to miss Tara & Brian's snark on the podcast I love it and I hope they will bring it back for Philly.

Why aren't they doing the podcast for this season? This site can manage to write multiple Beverly Hills 90210 posts each week, for a show that's been off the air for YEARS, but can't manage to recap current shows that have a snarky awesome following? Does original recipe 90210 have that large of a following here? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Will there be individual threads for each episode, or an all-episodes post? Just wondering.

I created a thread for the first episode - it's called Here Comes a Stranger. I don't think I did it correctly as I seem to have omitted the season and episode numbers (I've created threads before, not sure what happened), but it's there.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But humble opinion, the "Speculation" thread says it contains Spoilers, so no go pour moi!

Yeah, I don't want to be spoiled either. The conversation seems to be happening all over the place; hopefully it can be consolidated.

• Love 2

Does anyone else think Bobby's mother (slender brunette) will be overhearing this season?

And didn't he comment he was glad his new wife, Danielle, had a supportive family?  I'm already under the impression she moved away from her liberal Seattle family and doesn't see them often, because she fits in with a very conservative Texas crowd.

Mia, if you don't even kiss on the first date, why are you jumping into marriage with a stranger?

• Love 7
(edited)

Those were some lame-a** wedding night get-ups. Like they were headed to the gym,  not the marital bed!

ETA: I mean,  I don't think sex should be a given,  under these circumstances. But simply as "first impression v2.0" the involved could step it up. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4