Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Diana & Ashley R. LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Here comes the "Blame The Family Game"........or maybe her hormones, or something wrong with her body.....she just doesn't understand......waaaaaah!!!!!  Keep at it sweetie and your mom may be changing your diaper sooner than you'll know.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

OMG baby deer curled up in the sun! That made me feel warm all over just reading that. Good for you! A shitty workplace situation is definitely one of the most soul sucking experiences a person can have.

It was so cute. He's the only baby I've actually seen so far (it's a large enclosed, wooded area; there are a bunch of deer in there, plus smaller enclosures within with birds (turkeys, Silkie chickens, quail; there was a pair of peacocks but they seem to be gone this year), there's a pond with ducks and geese, pens with pigs, goats, and an emu, and some rabbit hutches. There's a path that goes around so you can walk laps, or it also veers off and leads back to the road that goes through the rest of the park (and there's a dog park way over on the other side). And the lake is across the road from the animals and there are wild geese and ducks in there, too.

8 minutes ago, aliya said:

No lie. I worked at a law firm where 3 lawyers died one summer. They just hired new ones.

I worked at another place where a really sweet woman complained about a headache, but said she still had some work to do, and pushed thru to complete it. She died later that evening from an aneurysm. You know what the organization did?  They hired a replacement. 

None of this stuff is worth it.

Yikes! No one died, but we did have a layoff a few months ago, which included one person in my department, and then someone else left a few weeks ago for another job, and my boss is retiring in a few months. On the up side, apparently they are doing "something extra" in our raises this year. Waiting to see what that'll be.

6 minutes ago, ArmenianGirl said:

If you lack sufficient nutrients it can. But also hair loss is common after any surgery.  Is it the anesthesia? I dont know. Maybe just body shock reaction to surgery.

Probably the body shock reaction. There's a condition called telegen effluvium that basically pushes more of your hair follicles into the "resting" (telogen) stage of growth, so a few months later when they start growing again, they all shed at once and it seems like you're losing all your hair. It often happens after childbirth, but any physical (or severe emotional) trauma like surgery or serious injury can cause it, as can certain medications (including high doses of ibuprofin) and high fevers. It happened to me about three months after I had the flu/borderline pneumonia, which involved several days of high fevers and a lot of ibuprofin. I lost enough hair to cover the shower drain every day. It wasn't noticeable to anyone but me, but it freaked me out until I figured out what was happening. It lasted a while and then my hair settled back into a normal growth cycle, though I'd guess if the cause was something more chronic/long-term it might cause more noticeable hair loss.

• Love 3

Limpet

Limpets are aquatic snails with a shell that is broadly conical in shape and a strong, muscular foot. Although all limpets are members of the class Gastropoda, …

Gastropoda? I'm dying here!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Watching Ashley makes me seriously consider just taking the rest of the chocolates I made on Sunday to work rather than finish them myself...  but I only kept a dozen for myself anyway.  Decisions, decisions... 

keep six. 

• Love 4
Just now, zoemom said:

Here comes the "Blame The Family Game"........or maybe her hormones, or something wrong with her body.....she just doesn't understand......waaaaaah!!!!!  Keep at it sweetie and your mom may be changing your diaper sooner than you'll know.

Totally not the food you're shoving down. Nope nope nope

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

I’m late too. How ya’ll doin’?

@Miss Chevious greetings,,,,,,hope your eating habit are good tonight.  Welcome!  We're cheering for one (Diana) and the other (Ashley) who blames everyone but herself and takes no responsibility for her weight, well you know the same ole same ole.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 2

Well Ashley is at least saying the right things about no one else having to diet just because she is limited in what she can eat, but.......... frankly they could all use a diet makeover, except hubby and her dad. I hope that Ashley can back up her words with action.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

It was so cute. He's the only baby I've actually seen so far (it's a large enclosed, wooded area; there are a bunch of deer in there, plus smaller enclosures within with birds (turkeys, Silkie chickens, quail; there was a pair of peacocks but they seem to be gone this year), there's a pond with ducks and geese, pens with pigs, goats, and an emu, and some rabbit hutches. There's a path that goes around so you can walk laps, or it also veers off and leads back to the road that goes through the rest of the park (and there's a dog park way over on the other side). And the lake is across the road from the animals and there are wild geese and ducks in there, too.

I envy you!  On my walks around the office, I keep running into the same chipmunk and I am starting to feel bad about scaring the poor dear!   We only have chipmunks, squirrels and small songbirds.  At least the roses started blooming and it smells amazing out there.

I love being outside, I can't imagine how 600+ people live without going outside for years...

• Love 5

OMG, y'all, I just spent three hours at a middle school band/orchestra concert. My eating habit is about to include ALL THE THINGS and also some booze.

Did I miss a lot or is it another snoozefest tonight? I gotta find my glasses so I can do some quick catch up reading!

• Love 16

remind me - what was Diana's reason for the weight gain? I've noticed that many of these folks were abused, sexually, or otherwise, along the way, particularly as children, but I don't think that was her reason. I could be wrong, though

• Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

I envy you!  On my walks around the office, I keep running into the same chipmunk and I am starting to feel bad about scaring the poor dear!   We only have chipmunks, squirrels and small songbirds.  At least the roses started blooming and it smells amazing out there.

I love being outside, I can't imagine how 600+ people live without going outside for years...

I recently had the flu and couldn't leave the apt for a few days, I thought I was going to,lose my mind.  I love walking even on the bitter Winter days.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

I don’t even mind Diana using the “journey” word over and over.  She is so inspiring.

I was just going to say the same thing!  She has truly been on a journey and has been able to work through all the challenges better than any other 600 pounder that I can recall.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, zoemom said:

It’s fork-to-mouth disease!!

• Love 10
Just now, Hellga said:

The street my office is on has a newly built boardwalk for safe walking (it's a busy, 50 MPH road).  There have been 2 dead, rotting dear just off the path for months now.  Apparently the township doesn't clear carcasses.  It's awful.  And more than rotting, at least one deer is serving as a food source for something else.

2 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

remind me - what was Diana's reason for the weight gain? I've noticed that many of these folks were abused, sexually, or otherwise, along the way, particularly as children, but I don't think that was her reason. I could be wrong, though

I think she said she had been molested as a child... it was in this episode, and I think it was her rather than Ashely.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why is this 3 hours?

I just checked tomorrow night's TLC schedule. The supersize episode of THIS episode reruns at 8:00 pm and ends at 10 for another episode of Skin Tight. So, either they shaved out an hour of programming to create a "super sized" episode or this three-hour episode is really just a two-hour episode and TLC has no idea what they're putting on at 10 tonight. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Watching Ashley makes me seriously consider just taking the rest of the chocolates I made on Sunday to work rather than finish them myself...  but I only kept a dozen for myself anyway.  Decisions, decisions... 

I am giving up sweets for the summer. I am not thrilled about it. 

Edited by CringeWatcher

Yeah...........I'm not too impressed with Dr. Now's skin removal suturing technique.  I think a plastic surgeon would be a better choice for skin removal/repair surgery.

• Love 5
Just now, zoemom said:

Yeah...........I'm not too impressed with Dr. Now's skin removal suturing technique.  I think a plastic surgeon would be a better choice for skin removal/repair surgery.

Does the show pay for it if they use Dr. Now?

• Love 2
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I am giving up sweets for the summer. I am not thrilled about this. 

For the full six weeks of the Lent, I wasn't eating any sweets.  Zero effect on my weight, though. 

• Love 4