Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Diana & Ashley R. LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Ashley lost over 200 lbs. in Houston, but she faces the fact of regaining independence and struggling to lose weight back in California with her family of enablers; and Diana has embraced her new life and shed 300 lbs., but her knee damage might threaten her progress.

This is the LIVE CHAT episode thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing  and again during the US West Coast showing.

A few notes:

• As always, no politics, or even sliding down that slippery slope toward politics
  • Posters are allowed to snark the people on the show as long as they do not cross the line into racism, homophobia, etc.
  • Posters are not allowed to snark each other; this includes policing what people say
  • Yes, TLC does release episode descriptions as poorly worded as the one for this episode; your Mods cringe while transposing them
  • Ashley will be "scared" about moving back to California; Diana will be "scared" about her knee; your Mods are scared this will be another update episode that should have been 30 minutes, not 2 hours; let's be "scared" together

Happy posting!

• Love 13

Given how boring these "Where are they Now" episodes have been, and reading through the past episode threads (mostly because I didn't remember either of those two), I feel like my eating habit prior to this show airing should be a bottle of No-Doze, a six-pack of diet Coke, and three Venti cappuccinos from Starbucks.

Hi everyone!  What is your eating habit?  I had a big  Greek salad and a brownie (which is not on Dr Now's plan).

I'm curious to see how Diana did. She seemed nice enough, but like most of these people, she was a user in her own way.

• Love 3
Just now, zoemom said:

How long ago were these people on?

Last season. I remember Diana now though.

1 minute ago, simba barracuda said:

I think Diana was really nice?

She was!  

Just now, zoemom said:

My eating habit has been two containers of pumpkin yogurt (full fat)

Is it Noosa?! That's the food of the gods. I love their Mexican chocolate yogurt but haven't seen it in the store lately.

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Is it Noosa?! That's the food of the gods. I love their Mexican chocolate yogurt but haven't seen it in the store lately.

Indeed @Giant Misfit....it is my new "bad" food.  They've also come out with smaller salted caramel (130 kcal).  I'm sure that Dr. Now won't approve, so I'll just hide them when the dietician comes in to do the "clean out" of my fridge!

I'm confused.....did Diana stay in Houston to work/journey forward?  Are those her relatives? Kids?  Sorry don't remember her..... 

• Love 3

I want to personally thank Diana for having an inflection in her voice while she reads the TLC script. This might be a first.

Just now, chickenella said:

Hi pounders! My eating habit is baked haddock with zucchini pasta and veggies, washed down with glass of wine! I hope I can stay awake for this!

That sounds delicious!! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Indeed @Giant Misfit....it is my new "bad" food.  They've also come out with smaller salted caramel (130 kcal).

ARGHHH!! Jealous! I have't seen the salted caramel! Sounds delicious. :)

OK. Yeah, I don't remember Ashley R at all

1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Hey Pounder Pals.

My eating habit tonight is a protein shake.  I had gastric sleeve surgery last Tuesday, and I'm still on a liquids-only regimen.

Congratulations and good luck!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoemom said:

My eating habit has been two containers of pumpkin yogurt (full fat)......I know not sticking to the plan.

You need to lose 40 pounds before next week’s show or there is nothing further we can do for you and you will not be able to watch the program!

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"She's a lot more mobile."

CUT TO: Diana sitting in a chair.

lol...I was just reading a reddit thread called (something like) "what the patient says / what Dr. Now hears" and one of the posts was (paraphrasing because I already closed the tab) "I'm a lot more mobile" = "I walk to the kitchen to eat instead of eating in bed."

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hi Pounders! How's everyone's eating habit tonight? I had a bowl of cornflakes with strawberries. My commute home exhausts me.

That was me the last couple nights (sans commute; I only have about a 30-40-minute drive, depending on traffic). Just too many things at work and certain people driving me extra crazy. Cereal and fruit. Tonight I was ambitious and scrambled a couple eggs.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Hey Pounder Pals.

My eating habit tonight is a protein shake.  I had gastric sleeve surgery last Tuesday, and I'm still on a liquids-only regimen.

For those who are interested, surgery went well, with no major complications...other than a hospital roommate who had several significant health issues and was also a Chatty Cathy.  Ugh.

I don't think I'm going to hang in for this entire episode.  I'm already bored and sleepy.

Best of luck to you, @CouchTater! We're here for you - snark free!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Hey Pounder Pals.

For those who are interested, surgery went well, with no major complications...other than a hospital roommate who had several significant health issues and was also a Chatty Cathy.  Ugh.

I don't think I'm going to hang in for this entire episode.  I'm already bored and sleepy.

@CouchTater so glad to hear that your surgery went well.  Take small sips and continue on your journey.  Your fan club is here, keep us updated on your progress/journey.

Understand why you don't want to watch the entire episode, its probably like been there done that for you.  Make sure you get plenty of rest and hang in there we'll be here rooting for you!!!!!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Hey Pounder Pals.

Glad you are doing well. :)

3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I never saw someone peel a cucumber with a potato peeler. 

Just now, MrsClaus said:

<Slowly raises hand>  I do

Me, too. What else would you use?

Just now, Threnners said:

I don't remember Ashley. I must have missed her episode.   

She looks familiar but I don't remember any details about her episode.

• Love 1