Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Diana & Ashley R. LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

<Slowly raises hand>  I do

Yeah - I think the peeler I used tonight is a 'potato peeler.'  To me, it's just an equal opportunity peeler. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to use it on cukes. 

Aliya jr hates the word 'cukes.'  He hates 'veg,' 'couscous' (i'm supposed to say just 'cous') and assorted other words that no one else pays any mind.  He's a special boy.

• Love 12
(edited)

In two weeks it’s James and Cynthia. I don’t remember a Cynthia and I’m guiltily hoping that James is James K of “Ow my laigs!” fame. 

Edited by Miracle Maxie
I hate auto correct!
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Me, too. What else would you use?

I was taught to use a knife and just slide it down the side of the cucumber under the skin. Never dawned on me to use a potato peeler. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

My DVR says this is 3hrs long. Is that right??

My cable description says it goes to 11:14 (so does tvguide.com). Sometimes they lump in that Skin Tight show as if it's all one program; that might be why?

• Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

In two weeks it’s James and Cynthia. I don’t remember a Cynthia and I’m guiltily hoping that James is James K of “Ow my laigs!” Game. 

Isn’t Cynthia the one who got mad when she wasn’t approved for surgery and told dr now “screw this process” right there in the exam room? And yes, I know my obsession with this show is unnatural ;)

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That was me the last couple nights (sans commute; I only have about a 30-40-minute drive, depending on traffic). Just too many things at work and certain people driving me extra crazy. Cereal and fruit. Tonight I was ambitious and scrambled a couple eggs.

My commute is insanely long, all by public transit. Its not far in terms of distance but its a "you can't get there from here" situation. subway and a looooooong bus ride, complicated by traffic and shitty drivers who drive like they're taking a bunch of seniors to a church picnic. by the time I drag my exhausted shell of my former self into my house I'm too tired to do anything but make a sandwich, or a salad, or, on especially hellish nights on those mobile torture chambers the T hilariously calls a "bus", cereal. What a life. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

In two weeks it’s James and Cynthia. I don’t remember a Cynthia and I’m guiltily hoping that James is James K of “Ow my laigs!” fame. 

Oh, you remember Cynthia.   Nasty attitude,  I don't need therapy type.

• Love 2

Hi folks. I've been lurking for quite awhile, but finally decided to jump in and snark with you all. My eating habit tonight was a Burger King Sourdough burger and fries. But I skipped the soda and got water instead. heh

• Love 13
Just now, DEG9 said:

Hi folks. I've been lurking for quite awhile, but finally decided to jump in and snark with you all. My eating habit tonight was a Burger King Sourdough burger and fries. But I skipped the soda and got water instead. heh

You’ll lose so much weight that way!?

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Dr Paradise! 

I do love me some Dr. Paradise.   Not enough to gain 400+ lbs., but he would make me actually want to go to therapy.   Zoemom climbing over empty Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt cups in order to see how long it would take for her to get from her house to Houston.......;)!!

Seventeen hours, its do-able!  How many fast food stops will I have to make though?   

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 5

I am not sure I have the will to watch more of the train wreck called James K!  Of course he is just so deserving of the snarkiness so I will have to get past that, LOL.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

It’s not boding well for this episode that I’m more interested in the cucumber peeling comments than in either of tonight’s contestants.

This made me laugh very heartily. Me too. 

5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Oh please! That would be so great. Every time I hear someone say "ow my leg!" I die laughing. If that makes me a bad person I'm at peace with that. 

Welcome @DEG9! Pull up a chair. Wine's over there. Red or white? 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Hi!! Welcome!!

• Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

"Which is nothing."  Dr Now isn't mincing words this year. 

I love when he is like this. I don't have time for your delusions or lies. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh please! That would be so great. Every time I hear someone say "ow my leg!" I die laughing. If that makes me a bad person I'm at peace with that. 

For these comments I need to stick with ginger ale. Have to stay on my toes to keep up with you guys. :-D

• Love 3

Good old Ashley!!!  She simply does not know why she only lost 7 pounds and wants to know what to do about it.  STICK TO THE DIET!!

There, I yelled at her for him.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I was taught to use a knife and just slide it down the side of the cucumber under the skin. Never dawned on me to use a potato peeler. 

That has never occurred to me. I always use a vegetable peeler for cucumbers, carrots...though I have been known to use a knife on potatoes. :-}

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My commute is insanely long, all by public transit. Its not far in terms of distance but its a "you can't get there from here" situation. subway and a looooooong bus ride, complicated by traffic and shitty drivers who drive like they're taking a bunch of seniors to a church picnic. by the time I drag my exhausted shell of my former self into my house I'm too tired to do anything but make a sandwich, or a salad, or, on especially hellish nights on those mobile torture chambers the T hilariously calls a "bus", cereal. What a life. 

Ugh. I have to go to NYC every so often and it sucks. ~40 minutes just to get to the train, then an hour on the train (longer on the way home because I usually end up on a local; at least the one I get in the morning only makes two other stops), then maybe 15-20 minutes to walk to the office from Penn Station. I don't mind it once in a while but it's a looooooong day. And when I went a few weeks ago I got stuck in the city because of an accident near one of the stations (that maybe wasn't an accident) that shut down the line for two hours so I didn't get home until 9:45. I don't know how people do that commute every day.

1 minute ago, DEG9 said:

Welcome!

• Love 2

It's nice to exercise and have some movement, but you can't out run your mouth. I am always heartened by the diet programs used for heart patients and others who cannot exercise - and yet these folks still lose weight.

It's your mouth, not your back.

• Love 7

Lordy, Lorry late to the party! Hey everybody. Did I miss much? 

I remember both of these subjects: Diana, former military woman, especially because she was hands down one of the most intelligent and articulate patients, as well as her family, this series has ever seen. Also Ashley who was always pleasant but a bit delusional about her "eating habit."

• Love 7
Just now, Kid said:

Good old Ashley!!!  She simply does not know why she only lost 7 pounds and wants to know what to do about it.  STICK TO THE DIET!!

There, I yelled at her for him.

And track!  Prove to me you "don't eat that much" by recording everything that crosses your lips for 1 week.  Oh, don't want to do that, Ashley?  Didn't think so.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Dr Paradise! 

Almost paradise, we're knocking on heaven's door . . . . And now that's in your head too!

9 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I am imagining doing this, then I imagine slicing off a finger.  Nope, I'm too klutzy for this method.

5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

a colleague hit her knee on the edge of a cube today.  She said, "Ow, my knee!"  In my head it was "Ow, mah layg!"  Had to turn away so she didn't see me laughing. 

• Love 6