Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Diana & Ashley R. LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Another fabulous trainer! Why are they all so charismatic and encouraging? 

Because that, along with their expertise, is what they sell. I adore my trainer, and the other ones I’ve met at the gym have all been extremely personable. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Another fabulous trainer! Why are they all so charismatic and encouraging? They are always delightful. 

I was doing something else when she mentioned him. Is his name 'Ghandi'????

11 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I would really rather not see all the excess skin. Is that the Where Are They Now version of the shower scene?

I hadn't thought of it that but, but you might be right.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Interesting contrast between these two. Ashley is essentially saying “Ow, my back!” and doing nothing. Diana is ignoring a knee problem to keep making progress. 

Yeah, I don't get that. Why doesn't she get an xray or MRI? She probably has terrible deterioration in one or maybe both of her knees from all the years of excess weight and I'm sure it's very painful.  Kudos to her though for her no excuses approach to reaching her goal.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That has never occurred to me. I always use a vegetable peeler for cucumbers, carrots...though I have been known to use a knife on potatoes. :-}

Ugh. I have to go to NYC every so often and it sucks. ~40 minutes just to get to the train, then an hour on the train (longer on the way home because I usually end up on a local; at least the one I get in the morning only makes two other stops), then maybe 15-20 minutes to walk to the office from Penn Station. I don't mind it once in a while but it's a looooooong day. And when I went a few weeks ago I got stuck in the city because of an accident near one of the stations (that maybe wasn't an accident) that shut down the line for two hours so I didn't get home until 9:45. I don't know how people do that commute every day.

Welcome!

I commuted from Philly to NYC  by Amtrak everyday for about 6 months. Then walked from the station in NYC to the job. When I got back to Philly I was almost insane. I still had to take the trolley home, or get a cab.

One day the guy driving the cab I was in pulled a gun on another cabbie. Personally, I was ready to grab the gun and use it on myself.  I was glad when the project ended. I thought they were going to ask me to move to NY, which I didn't want to do. Instead they threw a lot of money at me (I was practicing law at the time) and told me good bye and good luck in Philly. : )

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I notice that a lot of these husbands/ significant others do not drive.   What's up with that. 

My guess is they have a suspended license or can't get a license for some reason. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's nice to exercise and have some movement, but you can't out run your mouth. I am always heartened by the diet programs used for heart patients and others who cannot exercise - and yet these folks still lose weight.

It's your mouth, not your back.

A million times YES!  

• Love 2

Don't tell me that Dr.  Now does knee replacements too.   I figure after getting skin removed she'd be near her target weight.  Based on her progress, I wish he'd let her start.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I commuted from Philly to NYC  by Amtrak everyday for about 6 months. Then walked from the station in NYC to the job. When I got back to Philly I was almost insane. I still had to take the trolley home, or get a cab.

One day the guy driving the cab I was in pulled a gun on another cabbie. Personally, I was ready to grab the gun and use it on myself.  I was glad when the project ended. I thought they were going to ask me to move to NY, which I didn't want to do. Instead they threw a lot of money at me (I was practicing law at the time) and told me good bye and good luck in Philly. : )

Yikes!

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

A colleague at work commutes to Cambridge from Providence RI. It takes him less time to get to work than it take me, I live about 20 miles away. Its ridiculous. 

• Love 2

I hate myself because while Diana is one of the greatest, most motivated people to ever appear on this show, I find myself getting annoyed she's not hollering at a family member to bring her a pizza lest she kill herself or trading BJs for a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

I am a terrible, terrible person. 

Thank goodness he mentioned knee replacement. I love Dr Now, but sometimes I think he downplays the joint pain people have. Yes, weight loss will help, but as he said, so many years of being overweight has damaged the joint. Sometimes replacement is the answer. I hope he mentioned a cortisone (or steroid or are they the same?) shot off camera. My mother gets those and it makes a big difference.

• Love 5
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

I hate myself because while Diana is one of the greatest, most motivated people to every appear on this show, I find myself getting annoyed she's not hollering at a family member to bring her a pizza lest she kill herself or trading BJs for a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

yes. yes, you are. heh

• Love 1
Just now, Threnners said:

Miraculous back recovery!  :/

It's amazing how a little exercise coupled with a stubborn/firm Dr. Now can make that happen!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I hate myself because while Diana is one of the greatest, most motivated people to every appear on this show, I find myself getting annoyed she's not hollering at a family member to bring her a pizza lest she kill herself or trading BJs for a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Yes you are. Come sit next to me. 

• Love 10

Dang, Diana lost more in 4 months than I need to lose in total.  And I'm not in any kind of pain.  She really is inspiring me.  I did not see that coming, based on her original episode.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I hate myself because while Diana is one of the greatest, most motivated people to ever appear on this show, I find myself getting annoyed she's not hollering at a family member to bring her a pizza lest she kill herself or trading BJs for a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

That’s why we’re also getting Ashley’s story. We need the contrast. And something to snark on. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, simba barracuda said:

About 220!

Full makeup workout! My kinda gal

She best take that off before she weighs in.  Her pores are holding at least a couple of pounds of foundation, add another pound or two for the mascara!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I am not sure I have the will to watch more of the train wreck called James K!  Of course he is just so deserving of the snarkiness so I will have to get past that, LOL.

Suck it up buttercup.  Be a brave pounder and do your snarking duty.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Uh oh - famous last words, "I'll figure out what works for me on my own."  Don't do it.

You would think that they would’ve learned a little something from other people who made that mistake!

• Love 3

Loved seeing that cute smile on Ashley's face while she was exercising. While trying to out exercise a bad eating habit won't work, I think it's still important if for nothing else than it really does elevate one's mood and they're doing something other than eating or thinking about eating.

• Love 1
Just now, zoemom said:

Little people - Roloff's  - PLEASE MAKE IT STOP TLC!!!!!!  

NOBODY cares!!!!!

Sorry for the outburst, I feel better now!

You are not alone in that feeling. 

• Love 8