Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Amor Vincit Omnia

Athena

2 minutes ago, Enero said:

I thought the finale was bittersweet. The overall story was just ok. They had to throw in another group sex scene for good measure LOL and like the one from S2 was not impress. Also didn’t appreciate the closing shot being a wet dildo. ??

I didn't at first either. But as it turns out, it was a callback to the dildo dropping after Nomi and Amanita's first sex scene in the first episode - so kind of appropriate if a little jarring.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Enero said:

I did not get what Lila was attempting to do by holding Whispers hostage before handing him over to the Chairman. And though I understood Whispers plan of external life, I did not get how he was using BPO to get that? I still didn’t understand BPO’s use of the zombie assasins.

Pretty sure that Lila wanted her sanctuary city and held Whispers to force the Chairman to grant it - so he wouldn't come after the sensates who joined her in her city. She further sealed the deal by getting him to reveal his identity. He couldn't go back on his word because she could expose him.

Re: Whispers: I guess it was about BPO's power. They had the resources and technology to track down clusters, imprison them, and surgically neuter them, making them vulnerable to manipulation and therefore to what Whispers wanted. As for BPO's intention: they wanted to wipe out sensates; using them as weapons was a bonus (or a kind of revenge for existing).

13 hours ago, Enero said:

Rajan stated that he was about to be indicted for corruption.

Was he indicted? He said he was subpoenaed, but I thought he was working with the investigation (from Season 2). The subpoena does seem a little contradictory if he was working to stop the corruption. --One of those elements that suffered due to lack of time.

• Love 3

2hours and a half extremely well spent. Although as many of you have said, many things could have been fully developed if we had another 1 or 2 seasons, which we would be delighted to watch. Unfortunately this seems not possible.

But I guess given the circumstances, they have tied everything possible.

Lito and Capheus were the ones with less story in the finale, I too wish we had known whether Capheus got the election, whether Lito made the movie... I imagine they were both great success, because they deserve it. The actor playing Capheus was great in portraying his kind and innocent spirit, even with the change of actors (despite the fact he seems older and more body built, he conveys a sweet person very well, as Capheus is supposed to be).  The whole Lito breaking down about not being working I guess it was a call back to the classic "Hernando I've lost my flip flops".

Sadly we had few Hernando moments, but the Trojan Horse was a bright one, as well as Dani being fierce and showing Whispers his place: on the ground, quiet and despised. I confess I was quite lost in Whispers and BPO and whatever big bad plans.  But they were not really important to me as are all those amazing people (senseites and their loved ones).

Amanita and Nomi were great, they had nice moments together and as individuals (Nomi fighting - with Sun's help-  and Neets screaming at her in rejoice was so sweet). Bug is the best friend anyone would love to get, he is sweet and funny and he speaks several languages! He could be such a pain in the ass but he was written and acted delightfully. The wedding scene was beautiful (although at first I though it was going to be a collective wedding, with the other couples as well, and the other poliamorous relations...), Nomi's mother... rushed, in real seasons I would not buy that change in heart not even motivated by the special brownies, but we had no time and it was only appropriate for a finale full of love that Nomi found a little of the family support she had never had before.

Will and Riley had good moments, specially Will, and it was sweet seeing them changing knowledge as he speaking French because she could and she knowing how to handle a gun because he knew it. Will was the real star most of the episode, lots of scenes with him fighting and shooting and planning all the attacks. Sun and Mun were adorable! He is a great partner for her, and he is very helpful. Sun deserves all the happiness she found with him and her lovely dog.

Kala and Wolfie... Wolfgang has always been my favourite, it was good to know more about his past, very painful but it explains more and more his character. He was such a cutie in that pink jacket, Felix helping him is so in character, they are great friends and like real brothers. I was scared for a moment when Kala was shot, I thought "OMG, they are going there, they will kill one of the senseites", but deep down I didn't want to believe they would leave us with such a sour note.  Rajan's reaction to Kala shooting the bad guys (in reality, Wolfie), and he being excited to learn how to handle a gun was so hilarius. Also a rushed accptance from Rajan of all the things, the corruption issue was swept under the rug, time purpuses I understand both of these decisions. Given more time I think somethings would have happened and they would make Kala's choice for Wolfgang easier. But I was please with all of them together, because of the sensorium thing Rajan had two options: no wife, or wife plus the gang, specially Wolfgang (pun intended!). It was beautiful they decided to give him the option: Ilove her so much that happiness is the only goal and love is love, that is all that matters, and once Rajan oppened and met everyone he became so fun and even he was not protected from Wolfgang's charm and sexyness. All in all, my beloved poliamorous relation.

The italian Lila was just a horrible person seeking for power, didn't matter who she hurt in the way. I was very glad Mr. Roy survived, and I was very sad Lila went off in that explosion, I wished to see the light fading out of her eyes. The same goes for Whispers, although Dani scene with him made me very satisfied. All the families in the wedding, so nice to see Capheus' family as well as Riley dad and Amanita's amazing family.

Of course we needed to have a group sex scene, that is an icon and it was beautifully acted and recorded. Many happy moments, my heart feels all the love for Sense8 and these amazing people, the message was clear: the only and most important thing is love (be it family love, sexy love, friends love).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, justmehere said:

Pretty sure that Lila wanted her sanctuary city and held Whispers to force the Chairman to grant it - so he wouldn't come after the sensates who joined her in her city. She further sealed the deal by getting him to reveal his identity. He couldn't go back on his word because she could expose him.

Re: Whispers: I guess it was about BPO's power. They had the resources and technology to track down clusters, imprison them, and surgically neuter them, making them vulnerable to manipulation and therefore to what Whispers wanted. As for BPO's intention: they wanted to wipe out sensates; using them as weapons was a bonus (or a kind of revenge for existing).

Was he indicted? He said he was subpoenaed, but I thought he was working with the investigation (from Season 2). The subpoena does seem a little contradictory if he was working to stop the corruption. --One of those elements that suffered due to lack of time.

I imagine he was subpoenaed so it wouldn't look like he was working with them to the others under investigation, given that it seemed he was in a pretty dangerous position. 

• Love 5

Something that I really liked was that there are number of scenes of the Sensates and their support cluster partying. From the villa, to the journey to Naples, to the very end. Knowing how much the cast and the crew seem to appreciate each other; it looked like everyone genuinely had a great tme. It would be self-indulgent in other shows, but this felt like the best fan service for us. I really do like and even love of all of these characters, the whole cluster and the supporting characters. It was fun to watch them having fun. I even loved that cute scene where some of them randomly ate pizza before their grand plan. I am very relieved and happy that it ended on a good note.

I remember watching with about 15 mins to go and thinking, "Almost the end and no orgy?" Then of course it started! Exceptionally well shot as usual. With a couple of minor exceptions, this show has always lovingly shot the sex scenes. It didn't really feel gratuitous. I do wonder when Rajan was like "Wow, I never thought I could feel this way," I wonder if during times of intense happiness and joy like that, the Sapiens around them can feel it a bit. Rajan himself was having sex with two sensates. During the train scene, Mun, Hernando and Dani were also part of the fun. It's similar to how you know when your loved ones are having fun even without saying it and it can be at least eight times if they are a sensate.

I've already been wondering where our cluster will go and already have ideas of how they can live their life happily after. I will rewatch it in the future. A part of me is sad we won't get more stories, but I am satisfied with the finale.

Love the soundtrack as always.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I imagine he was subpoenaed so it wouldn't look like he was working with them to the others under investigation, given that it seemed he was in a pretty dangerous position. 

Well that makes sense! We only got a single line about it being a bad thing, but that could have different implications than being in trouble himself.

--------

Another thought about Nomi's mother and her abrupt change: I was thinking about how uptight and rigid she has been, and it comes across like the lady doth protest too much. Like the homosexual preacher or parent who condemns gays. Hers isn't necessarily related to sexuality or personal identity, but it seems like there could be something outside the box that she has longed for and yet denied herself for probably her whole life, feeling like she has to fit in and do what she's been told is right. It has wound her so tight, she has become rigid and joyless. Now here's her child stepping out to be her true self, and the mom can't handle it. She cannot let go of what was instilled in her, and so she fights seeing someone else radically change because to accept it might mean confronting her own life. A couple of pot (or whatever) brownies aren't going to change her whole being, but with inhibitions lowered, we maybe got a telegraphed version of her finally letting go.

• Love 3

I spread this out over a few days so that I could allow certain parts to sink in and to fully absorb the love that given to us, the viewers, by Lana. I think she did the best possible ending of this with what limited time and resources that she was given. The actors radiated their pure joy of having been a part of this series. So much of the joy that we saw onscreen was real and not acting.  I’m really hoping we get another few seasons but will accept that if not, I’m grateful to have at least had this closure. I have learned so much. About myself, about others and about love. Off to ruminate more. 

• Love 8

In a very short amount of time those involved with this show were able to make a very believable family from people in extraordinary circumstances. I am a fan of sci-fi/fantasy, which this show is rooted in, but these characters credibly live in the mundane world in which we the viewers live. I can take that at face value without batting an eye. That is part of the reason why I did not question when Rajan accepted that Kala had to be telling the truth.  (I am sure if there was more time to tell the story that Rajan may have taken longer to get there.)

I totally believe the family bond of our Sense8s and their friends. Because I believe in that bond, I understand the pain Angelica felt when her other cluster was killed and understand just how depraved Whispers was to be able to kill his own cluster. 

• Love 8
(edited)

It probably could've done with losing a couple of minutes but I absolutely loved the last episode. Parts of it were indulgent, parts confusing but this show really was something special and this felt like a good place to end it even if they did rush things.

Having the likes of Amanita, Hernando, Daniella, Rajan, Bug, Mun, Felix and Diego all helping our Clusters (and their various reactions too) against Whispers and the BPO was brilliant.

Lila and the Chairman had potential as future antagonists had the show survived into a third season at least but they made their presence known as baddies reasonably well enough here. Whispers was a bit of a non entity.

I guess both Jonas and Angelica somewhat redeemed themselves with this one as well. Liked seeing the Old Man of Hoy and even Puck again.

The flashbacks of previous episodes, the wedding with Nomi/Amanita, the mass orgy at the end, the use of music, all of it worked in the episode's favour.

I really do think the show did make each of the eight sensates - Lito, Nomi, Will, Riley, Sun, Wolfgang, Kala and Capheus as compelling as each other. Oddly shipping Wolfgang and Rajan now.

I will miss this show and every single character but for a final episode, this more than satisfied me, 10/10

Edited by darkestboy
  • Love 8
On 6/11/2018 at 6:00 AM, justmehere said:

Rajan wasn't subpoenaed or indicted, or under investigation.  He was working with the authorities on an investigation into his friend.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2018 at 5:03 PM, babs1226 said:

Rajan wasn't subpoenaed or indicted, or under investigation.  He was working with the authorities on an investigation into his friend.

Rajan says he was subpoenaed in this episode in the car with Capheus.

Rajan: Can you believe yesterday I thought the worst thing in my life was being subpoenaed for a corruption trial, and today I am heading to Naples to stop a nefarious organization from using a secret human species, which my wife is a member of, as suicide assassins.
Capheus: What was that, Rajan?
Rajan: I said things change so fast.

• Love 3
On 6/8/2018 at 7:44 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved all of the scenes with the cluster plus their friends and significant others. I love whenever all eight members of the cluster get to be together, but seeing them with the others (Dani, Hernando, Neets, Bug, Mun, Felix, Diego, Rajan, etc) made me a little teary seeing the extended family that they have formed, bringing together all of these people who otherwise never would have met each other.

This. I was all mushy seeing everyone helping and jumping in, no questions asked (well, lots of questions but no judgement). 

I would like a little more Lido, though

Loved the little message to the fans at the end. 

• Love 4

I tended to read Dani as someone who was trying to find her way back from the wilderness after an awful relationship that we know was physically violent and was likely sexually violent as well. And being the person across the room when Lito and Hernando were together was her safe place to rediscover her own sexuality in a way that didn't rely on pleasing a man... or else. 

So often I suspected her bluster was her way of bluffing her way through her own perceived vulnerabilities. 

• Love 7

I finally got around to watching this last night. I haven't had a block of time to watch all 2.5 hours but last night I gave up waiting and thought I'd watch it over a few days. But of course once I started, I just stayed up and watched the whole lot. It was just perfect. Rushed yes, and I'd have much rather seen it over 2-3 more seasons but given the constraints of wrapping up this story in 2.5 hours it was just wonderful. What an amazing celebration of love and sexuality in all their forms, somehow sitting side by side with lots and lots of (excellently choreographed) violence!

• Love 4

I watched all of S2 because I was traveling this week. So, don't watch on the plane because the person sitting next to you will think you're crazy with the wiping of the eyes all the time. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I watched all of S2 because I was traveling this week. So, don't watch on the plane because the person sitting next to you will think you're crazy with the wiping of the eyes all the time. 

Not to mention the NSFP (not safe for planes) scenes. I was going to watch Sense8 at work for lunch and then realize that maybe I should reconsider that plan.

• Love 3

Um, is this where we are talking about the final episode of the show?  I just watched it a day or so ago and thought it was amazing.  I love this series and have recommended it all over the place -- yet not one person I know has watched it.   

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Um, is this where we are talking about the final episode of the show?  I just watched it a day or so ago and thought it was amazing.  I love this series and have recommended it all over the place -- yet not one person I know has watched it.   

If you're talking about the 2 hour finale, then yes, this is it. I loved it too.

• Love 3

I'm just glad that Sense8 got closure.    Overall I loved the series even if I didn't understand half of the plot points.    I will definitely miss this series...will have to rewatch it again sometime in the future.

• Love 4
On 6/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, tennisgurl said:

Sun and Mun are so adorable, I loved every second of them together. Especially Sun introducing him to her family, AKA her puppy dog.

I loved that, too, although I noticed that the dog seemed to have gotten younger/smaller since we last saw him/her when Sun had to leave her teacher's home. Also, her teacher should have been at the wedding--he was like a father to her, or at least the closest thing she still had to human family (aside from the cluster).

• Love 4
(edited)

DAMMIT, I'm gonna miss this show so much. There is nothing like it on television, and never has been. Especially in a world that feels very dark, bigoted and fearful right now, this show was such a joyous celebration of love and inclusivity. It actually galvanized and cheered me up -- it reminded me that we may not be sensates but we can certainly aim to be as brave, empathetic, accepting, and kind. I just loved this show so much.

Speaking of which: First off, thank you to all you wonderful people, because I just binged this show over a week or so, yet despite missing the original discussions, coming here to the forum was such a treat after each episode. You really gave me the feeling of being able to discuss and enjoy the show, and I so appreciate that, since nobody I know in real life has watched it (or had -- I just turned 3 people onto the show this week!). Thank you all!

Onward.

I thought this was really lovely, and that while it felt a little rushed in places, it tried as hard as it could to give us everything we might want in a goodbye, and it did so I thought with a lot of the beauty and visual sensuality that is such a hallmark of the show. (I admit that the final shot of the rainbow dildo wasn't as poetic, for instance, as a final shot of the eight sensates together, but I get why it was there -- it was a naughty, funny callback to the first episode and a reminder of the show's ability to shock me a bit, too.

I honestly admit that I wasn't 100% clear on what was happening at every second in the finale in terms of Lila and her henchmen, but I just kind of went with it. I didn't really care. I'm in it for my darling sensate family, and I'll follow them anywhere plotwise. 

I was surprised at the outcome of Kala/Wolfy/Rajan, but I ultimately really loved it. I was actually kind of relieved that they didn't go the route I feared -- that Rajan would be outed as evil, making it more permissible for Kala to leave him, etc. Instead, I really felt like the show allowed him such a more interesting journey -- for him to instead surprise himself, to surprise Kala, to BE surprised by Kala. He's such a lovely guy, so when he accepted Kala's situation and her family of sensates, my opinion of him just skyrocketed. I was so happy to know that wow, this guy really is as wonderful as he seems. 

I think one factor that was key to my acceptance of Kala/Wolfy/Rajan was her near-death. When she was shot, I really thought that was it for her (the moment when her cluster knelt around her was so moving and beautiful). Then Wolfy's distraught and horrified, weeping with every visible evidence that he loves her, heart and soul and body-- and that's when Rajan comes in. Sees Kala dead, sees Wolfgang's grief. Then Kala tells Wolfy how to save her and both men instantly begin to do so.

And to me, that was it -- I felt was both beautiful and wordless -- it was all right there. That the two men loved her with absolute selflessness.

And because of this, I could accept what I'd first taken to be Kala's secret (she would have both men, with Rajan unknowing) instead transformed into something really lovely -- Kala NOT having to choose! I mean, that's incredible! I just loved that. To me, it worked perfectly with the awareness of the Sense8s as intimately connected, pansexual people. Wolfgang has already actually slept with Rajan by proxy, and experienced it from Kala's perspective as the object of that encounter. He's even cuddled with Kala and grinned when Rajan kissed his cheek affectionately the morning after (which remains one of the cutest things ever on the show for me). In other words, Wolfy was already a person who had gone beyond boundaries, orientations or gender. Rajan was the one who had to take the bigger leap -- and I loved the actor's choices, how shocked and delighted Rajan was at all the new experiences. It was just gorgeously, sweetly done.

So it all made sense to me. Rajan has been painted -- in a really lovely way -- as being a guy who was open to sensation, who wanted to go beyond the narrow boundaries of his world in season 1 -- we see him eating food his family disapproves of, describing his wish to life a joyful life, one punctuated by surprises. And I absolutely adored Wolfgang patting the bed, twinkling at Rajan to get on over there. (Also, on a shallow note, Rajan and Wolfgang actually full-on kissing in the end was freaking HOT. And had me screaming delightedly at my television (yeah, I may have actually been yelling KISS HIM!).

Onward again. In the end, I was finally convinced that Angelica and Jonas had truly been focused on the bigger picture and that they did want to save the sensates. I was moved by the final montage (especially by the implication, as always, that poor Jonas loved Angelica more than she loved him). And I loved that brief flash of Mama Angelica at the wedding; that idea that somewhere, somehow, she was delighted at what her children had accomplished. 

It's funny. Bug bugged me sometimes, and sometimes I felt the actor was over the top. But his little moment with Nomi at the wedding, thanking her for being his family, is where I full-on lost it and ugly-cried. The actor was just so lovely and so real in that moment. And I am always a sucker for families that are created, not born. 

I will always love this show. I'm a misfit, kind of a human toon. I've never fit into regular life, but as a freelancer have built a life with friends and family and wonderful fantastic people who are kindred spirits -- weirdos and gamers and loners and misfits galore. I blog about gaming and head a 20k gamer group (Dragon Age), and to me it's an ideal universe -- one with people of all genders and non-genders, people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, straight, trans, aromantic, asexual, polyamorous... it's everyone. A fantastic tapestry (that also made me more aware of my own potential complexities).

And I've never seen that tapestry on film or TV. Until Sense8. So for me, watching this show was an exercise in pure joy, a lens on the world as it ought to be. A kinder, sweeter, gentler, more accepting world where love was simply love, where as long as everyone's adult and consenting, every intimacy is an exchange of gifts.

I will so, so miss this show. There's nothing like it anywhere. And there should be. Dammit.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:28 PM, vixenbynight said:

I think that Rajan was receptive, because he came to the same conclusion (as how Neets, Hernando and Dani) had once they also found out about the cluster: That these other 7 folks have helped the person that they love to thrive and isn't that wonderful for them and their relationship.

I agree. I also think if we look back to that original orgy in S1E6 it was actually a really important moment -- one in which we see orientations dissolving into pansexuality. Nomi makes love to Neets, but she also makes love to Hernando, Will, and Wolfgang. Lito makes love to Hernando, but he also makes love to Neets, Will, and Wolfgang. Will makes love to Lito, Neets, Nomi, Hernando, etc.

Basically -- by the time Wolfy meets Kala and Rajan in the flesh, he is way beyond adhering to any kind of societal expectations when it comes to sex. And he is in fact able to (very sweetly) shepherd Rajan into worlds he had probably never allowed himself to consider. And best of all, everyone gets what they want. I freaking loved it.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:22 PM, justmehere said:

Separate note: Out of so many great moments, one of my favorites was the big dinner with everyone in that ridiculously gorgeous house in the French countryside. Wolfgang's speech was very moving, but also just, a moment of enjoyment and togetherness, not running, not chasing, not fighting, just enjoying each other, in person, sapiens and sensates together.

I loved that too. As so often with this show, I would have loved a whole episode of them just eating a beautiful meal together and talking. I just want to hear our sensates talk to each other -- how are they dealing with things? What surprised them or made them laugh? What will they ask each other about -- given that they can feel everything each of them feels at any given moment?

On 6/8/2018 at 6:48 PM, 90PercentGravity said:

I would like to know how to label Dani, because I feel like it would apply to me (tmi, maybe). I currently identify as hetromantic asexual, but what Dani/Lido/Hernando have is more what interests me. I think Dani is ace. She's never sought sex through the whole thing. I've never found the right words for it. Polyam hetrom ace with a gay sex kink? (Tmi?)

Speaking of polyam, I appreciate the various positive representations of polyam relationships. 

Here's my admission: I never quite understood the allure of poly relationships until this show. Now I totally get it! Meanwhile, I love that the show taught you about yourself and what you may be looking for. I hope you find your own Lito and Hernando! 

On 6/8/2018 at 9:57 PM, possibilities said:

I actually liked that Rajan and everybody else got on board right away. For me, the affirmation of a variety of types of love and relationship structures was one of the big draws for the show. If we had to watch angst and conflict about that stuff, it would have been a major buzzkill. We can see people have exclusive two person couples any time, any where. We can see jealousy and resentment and people being stressed out about who loves who, pretty much every day of our lives. But seeing the depth of friendships (like Felix and Wolfgang) and the depth of commitment in marriage, expressed in a variety of configurations, and all honored equally, to me was really joyous. Loyalty and love without any limits is rare, and I liked this show creating a space to suggest it as a possibility at least.

Every single thing you wrote here. So much win! Which was why I cheered when RAJAN of all people not only got into that bed with Wolfgang and Kala, but that the moment wasn't just about the two men focused on Kala -- but that it ended with a passionate kiss between the two men. Something that had nothing to do with Kala, and everything to do with them, themselves. It showed that Wolfy wasn't just "allowing" Rajan into his sex with Kala, but rather -- he was actively sleeping with Kala AND Rajan. It's much more fun and cooler that way, honestly.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:07 PM, ahisma said:

I think they did have to go into it, though. Wolfgang has never cared much for his personal safety, and was also self-deprecating when he insisted Kala should marry Rajan because he wasn't worthy of her. Now the main story is them trying to get Wolfgang back and instead he's taunting the Chairman to kill him and telling Kala to forget about the rescue, he's not worth it. So we see where that comes from (plus why he killed his father and uncle), and we see how far he comes when Rajan accepts him as worthy.

(snipped) So much love and family and friendship to go around—plus music and dancing, food and drink, and sex. This show was an absolute joy, and different from anything I've ever seen. What a crime it was cut short, but I'm so grateful we got the wrap up. 

I would agree that Wolfy's backstory ended up being more important in the end because it showed his journey to accepting his own worth (although I do feel the "your mother is your sister" stuff was totally unnecessary). But I'm with you on everything quoted here.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, tennisgurl said:

Sun and Mun are so adorable, I loved every second of them together. Especially Sun introducing him to her family, AKA her puppy dog. And them fighting together was just a plus throughout.   

I loved your whole post, and also loved this moment, which was freaking adorable. I thought it would cut to Sun's TEACHER, so seeing Hot Cop meet her adorable dog was just the best thing in the history of ever. 

On 6/9/2018 at 9:56 AM, Clanstarling said:

I've always described my approach to this show as "letting it wash over me" I've never watched a show where I loved so many characters who make me grin just by coming on to the screen.

Me too. I mean, yeah, I wanted them to get Whispers and BPO but I really didn't care much how it happened. I just wanted time with my darling cluster.

On 6/9/2018 at 2:56 PM, Sakura12 said:

Dammit, this show always makes me cry. I rarely cry during shows but this one gets me every time. That was better than I expected, how can you not love a show that ends with a giant dance party followed by a giant orgy. 

I loved that they were able to get all the supporting players back as well. And I was waiting for the Senseates to let their families in on the secret. I'm a little upset that we didn't get Dani and Hernando's first reactions. Rajan's was great and he was right how could he not believe her when 11+ people all backed up her story. Then them all getting to see the cluster in action and being super impressed and turned on. Lol. I also loved seeing Sun's hot boyfriend even if she didn't have much of a storyline. 

The action was action to me, this show has always been about the characters and showing us that we are all the same no matter our race, gender, sexuality, country or social status. I loved Amanita and Nomi's wedding and that Nita was walked down the aisle by her mother and 3 fathers and Bug walked Nomi down the aisle despite her father coming around earlier. 

I'm always happy when all these characters get to be happy. Thank you Netflix for letting us get to say goodbye. And maybe people will find the time to watch this amazing show. 

I love everything you say here -- so wonderful! I do think they tried to show reactions by partners even if they had to fast-track those somewhat -- we were obviously very shortly after revelations when seeing Dani and Hernando try to get up to speed early on. 

On 6/9/2018 at 3:12 PM, tennisgurl said:

I forgot, I loved when Kala got shot, and everyone was all slow motion drama mourning, and Wolfgang was holding her in his arms and crying and Rajan is laying next to her and everyone's all crying and freaking out and her two guys are clutching her body all dramatically, and then Kala`s astral self shows up all "Ummmm, guys, not dead yet. Maybe you can actually help me not bleed to death instead of just crying towards the heavens or whatever" and tells them how to save her. That was so great. 

I know, right? I definitely feel like Season 2 was a gorgeous chance for Kala to remind us how smart and funny she is. I really loved her arc this season. She's not the princess in a tower of season 1, but an empowered woman making active choices.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, MizStaken said:

3) and speaking of threesomes, wtf was that with Lito, Hernando and Dani. They are gay, that’s been firmly established so now they are having a woman in bed with them? No just no.  

Lito is pansexual, not gay. He identified as gay before emerging as sensate, and then was clearly painted as forming more complex connections (and being open to them) with his cluster. He actively makes love to both women and men in the sensate orgies. So I had no trouble believing he'd include Dani here. Beyond that, I think Hernando already includes her in their relationship as a poly third, and that the two men love her enough to give her what she needs -- even if everyone involved knows that the OTP is Hernando and Lito, who are at a whole other level. But it's historically believable, as she'd joined them in bed the first night she found out (and is cuddling post-coitally with Lito when "What's Going On" plays at the end of episode 4 (she later apologizes for "being too enthusiastic"). So I do feel like the groundwork is there.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:15 PM, Advance35 said:

I don't think I will ever truly forgive Netflix for cancelling this show.  Every would be television/movie writer should have to watch this series and take detailed notes.   I usually watch shows and become attached to maybe one or two characters, how is it I fell in love with ALL of these characters.

I am so glad it was a happy ending.   This is the only show that has ever had me truly BELIEVE a family had formed.

I'm going to miss  these characters so much.  All of them.  Even the supporting characters became more then I ever expected.  Daniella (talk about character evolution), Diego, Jela, Neets, Bugs, Hernando.

Just imagine what could have been if we had the intended 5-6 season story. Sigh.

Everything here. Just... sniffle.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:34 AM, Clanstarling said:

That was my take-away about Lito's movie too. I was waiting to hear some resolution, and didn't. So my assumption is that they did accept that (whatever Dani said) was "part of his process."

Wonderful post! We do hear Dani working her magic with the producers that Lito's just immersing himself in some "process," so it seemed fairly clear to me that Lito's movie role was still intact and that he would be going straight to filming after this (he even grins and whispers that he's not fired). 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:03 AM, darkestboy said:

It probably could've done with losing a couple of minutes but I absolutely loved the last episode. Parts of it were indulgent, parts confusing but this show really was something special and this felt like a good place to end it even if they did rush things.

Having the likes of Amanita, Hernando, Daniella, Rajan, Bug, Mun, Felix and Diego all helping our Clusters (and their various reactions too) against Whispers and the BPO was brilliant.

I will miss this show and every single character but for a final episode, this more than satisfied me, 10/10

I loved the show's inclusion of the partners of the sensates and how they kept them important, active, and empowered. They were never sidelined, and always given attention (and the actors were all gorgeous and wonderful).

(SIDE NOTE: Since this is my last official Sense8 post, I do want to refer folks to the Wachowskis' gorgeous and vastly underappreciated "Cloud Atlas," and I do hope some will check it out after this. It's my all-time favorite film. Yes, flaws and all. It's not perfect. But it's so beautiful even so. It's about what it means to be human, empowered, and empathetic. Thanks!)

Edited by paramitch
Cloud Atlas note
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, paramitch said:

I thought this was really lovely, and that while it felt a little rushed in places, it tried as hard as it could to give us everything we might want in a goodbye, and it did so I thought with a lot of the beauty and visual sensuality that is such a hallmark of the show.

From what they did cram into the finale, a season 3 would have been interesting. It seemed like we were going to learn a lot more about the nature of sense8s so to speak. Building universes is something JMS excels at. 

• Love 3

@90PercentGravity said: "I think Dani is ace. She's never sought sex through the whole thing."

Very early in the series, she did. She tried to sleep with Lito and said no one had turned her down before, implying that she slept with quite a lot of people. That's when she pushed her way into his apartment and discovered Hernando. She may have stopped sleeping around, but I don't think she ever lost interest.

5 hours ago, paramitch said:

I do want to refer folks to the Wachowskis' gorgeous and vastly underappreciated "Cloud Atlas," and I do hope some will check it out after this. It's my all-time favorite film. Yes, flaws and all. It's not perfect. But it's so beautiful even so. It's about what it means to be human, empowered, and empathetic. Thanks!)

Yes, I agree. To me it also represented connection beyond a single human life, how we're woven together beyond our limited view of time. It also contains one of the most beautiful sequences I've ever seen in the "All boundaries are conventions" scene. It feels very connected - maybe a precursor - to Sense8.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, justmehere said:

Yes, I agree. To me it also represented connection beyond a single human life, how we're woven together beyond our limited view of time. It also contains one of the most beautiful sequences I've ever seen in the "All boundaries are conventions" scene. It feels very connected - maybe a precursor - to Sense8.

6 hours ago, paramitch said:

(SIDE NOTE: Since this is my last official Sense8 post, I do want to refer folks to the Wachowskis' gorgeous and vastly underappreciated "Cloud Atlas," and I do hope some will check it out after this. It's my all-time favorite film. Yes, flaws and all. It's not perfect. But it's so beautiful even so. It's about what it means to be human, empowered, and empathetic. Thanks!)

I too loved Cloud Atlas. This show and the movie (and the book it was adapted from) have similar themes about love, human connection, and linkages through time and space. It is beautifully made and the music score is lovely. The acting is good and Tom Hanks really plays outside his type. One of the reasons I was excited for Sense8 was that the Wachowskis hired Doona Bae (Sun) again. Her acting in CA is amazing and she really is one of the most underappreciated actors.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I do recommend turning on closed captions. The future segments with their altered language were much easier to understand w/captions.

Edited by justmehere
proper plurals
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/5/2018 at 7:59 PM, justmehere said:

I do recommend turning on closed captions. The future segment with its altered language was much easier to understand w/captions.

Thank you for the pointer. 

Edited to add:

I went ahead and rewatched this movie today. Indeed having seen Sense8 enhanced how I viewed it this time. It’s almost a prequel to Sense8. Perhaps those final character’s (played by Tom Hanks and Halle Berry on the distant planet) children or grandchildren are the true beginnings of a different cluster of sapiens. Sensates. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

So I caught up, watched in three segments and it was fine.

The Finale felt a little bit like a previously on. They seem to have just used the planned set-up for the third season, cut away the locations outside of Europe for cost reasons and shortened the rest as far as possible. Which meant a few awkward scenes and plot holes. Rajan accepting everything would certainly have taken up more room else, and not necessarily in a conflict way, but maybe also in just a long long talk. Or how fast they jumped over the "what do we do in Napoli" situation, I didn't even get the conflict lines there at first. The more peaceful scenes also seemed a bit tucked in. The part on the train where they enjoy music together would have made for an excellent feel-good episode ender. And I kinda found it strange that they put the orgy right at the end, but whatever.

It was a fitting end, although I would have been ok with half the story and the normal pace. But this way, their story is told to an end. I wouldn't even want more since more would necessarily mean more of the "politics" and intrigue and less of the awkward "getting to know their powers"-phase which I honestly like more. So, yes, this was fanservice right down to nobody dying when they stormed that palazzo (though I must admit, although I was expecting it, Kala being shot hit me as well ....).

But I'm okay with fanservice. Heaven knows, some optimistic outlook and positive notes can't hurt in this world.

I agree with so much that everyone here has said. Most of the finale was satisfying to me, even though I agree some members of the cluster were sidelined a bit (Capheus, Lito). Yet the only thing I selfishly wanted that we didn't get was one scene of Kala and Wolfgang making love in person, just the two of them, to really see the impact of their connection. Like others have said, Will and Riley had a sweet connection but maybe not the same white hot sexual chemistry as Kala and Wolfgang. The threesome, morphing into the orgy, didn't allow it to be seen so much. What's funny is I didn't really think I'd buy their interest in each other initially. They probably would have gotten together in person if there were more seasons, and it likely would have been as part of infidelity (at least initially) like they initially planned when they wanted to meet in another country. This likelihood makes it even weirder for me to have wanted it. I'm usually super against cheating and prefer that characters get out of a relationship first. All this to say - Tina and Max had amazing chemistry and I wasn't fully satisfied on that end. 

So I've just been binging the whole series over the past few days.

Overall, I really liked it. Some episodes felt very slow in terms of pacing, but the characters were good. And my goodness the finale was great!

Sun is by far my favourite character, she is like the queen of my heart. I often cheered when she started fighting. Just amazing. Her dog is beautiful too. Lito probably comes next with his crew.

• Love 4