Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers (No Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

It is against PTV rules to pull full content from other websites (for example, from http://forum.realityfanforum.com/ or others) and post it here without attribution. 

You are allowed to bring over spoilers from other sites, but you need to 1) credits the originating site, 2) provide a link, and 3) get permission to post any photos. This is because some of the photos are from professional photographers, therefore they are copyrighted.  You are allowed to post as many links as you want.  This has been an issue in the past, so violations of this guideline may likely result in being banned from posting.   

Please report any suspected abuses of this rule and your TAR mods will look into it. If you have any questions about this please PM me.

• Love 1
(edited)

Race definitely began today. Kenny (of Ken and Gerard from Season 3) posted on Facebook today that he ran into Leo and Jamal at LAX, picture included. He didn't recognize them, though, and they didn't know who he was either, apparently, lol.

Gotta say, the cast list isn't as horrible as I feared, but I'm still not that thrilled with it. I do love that Colin and Christie are finally back but I wish they could've gotten some more old school racers from the first few seasons. And I kind of love Nicole and Victor, so at least I know I'll have a couple teams to root for. Janelle and Britney might be fun, too...at least they should bring the snark.

Honest to God don't remember Art and JJ or Chris and Bret at all.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Honest to God don't remember Art and JJ or Chris and Bret at all.

Art and JJ, good Lord. They're the Border Patrol agents who were pretty jerky. Border Patrol is a much more loaded term now than it was during their run. They might be the upset top villains of this season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah Art and JJ makes no sense *except* as a CBS-enforced excuse to humanise border cops in the current political climate. Like, the cast is not short on People Who Will Not Tolerate Rachel, and even then... if they wanted another team from TAR20 (which: no thanks) to react to her and Elissa, and they need a male team to make up the numbers, then Joey Fitness and Danny (and the Gina-Marie cameo from their credits clip) are RIGHT THERE, *and* they have a "lost a Fast Forward" story the producers could use as a cover to justify them.

Edited by SnideAsides
  • Love 2

The son of my best friend arrived in Tokyo yesterday/today (?) having flown with six teams of Amazing Racers and their camera people.  He's never watched the show but was super excited, as was I when I heard!  I saw a photo that he sent his mum, but I didn't recognize the racer he was with.

• Love 2

While I really despised Colin during his first run and was happy to see his epic meltdown, it is great to see him and Christie back.  Mainly because they should have been back before this.  Not crazy about having to watch Tyler again but I did not mind Korey all that much.  I remember the Border Patrol guys vaguely but not that much.  Huge fan of the the Afghanimals so I am glad they are back.  I had to lookup Becca and Floyd because I had no recollection as to who they were.  Upon seeing their photos I remember them.  I know my father will be happy because he was a Becca fan.  I cannot remember if I liked them or not.

It will be interesting to see Rachel and Britney interact if they do get the chance.  Britney and Janelle is such an odd team, I mean I knew they were coaches on the same season but I did not think they were that close.   I don't care about Nicole and Victor one way or the other.  I am just happy that Paul and Josh got the ax and Mike Malin and Dr. Will are nowhere in sight.

I remember not being a fan of Bret from Survivor (I felt he was a bit of a bully, but for the life of me I cannot remember why) and I do not remember Chris all that well.  I think Zeke and Bret would have been the more interesting team.  I can't stand Corrine and love Eliza so that is going to be a tough team to back.  Rupert is Rupert, I think he and his wife will probably be the first team eliminated. 

• Love 4

I can't stand Corrine and love Eliza so that is going to be a tough team to back. 

OH, this is so me right here. Corrine has the most punchable face ever... I don't know how Eliza can help me overcome that.

Colin and Christie! I remember haaaaating them back then, but the man is responsible for an instant reality show classic moment. So glad to see them back!

• Love 1
(edited)

Race route (revised)

Leg 1: Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, CA to Tokyo, Japan

Leg 2: Tokyo, Japan to Luang Prabang, Laos

Leg 3: Luang Prabang, Laos to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Assume this for now that the race has an extended Pit Stop between Leg 2 and Leg 3.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
(edited)

Race route (final update):

Leg 1: Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, CA 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png to Tokyo, Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

Leg 2: Tokyo, Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png to Luang Prabang, Laos 20px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png

Leg 3: Luang Prabang, Laos 20px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 5: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png to Dubai, United Arab Emirates 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv

Leg 6: Dubai, United Arab Emirates 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv to Kampala, Uganda 20px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png

Leg 7: Kampala, Uganda 20px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png to Grindelwald, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p

Leg 8: Grindelwald, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p to Brienz, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p

Leg 9: Brienz, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p to Split, Croatia 20px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png

Leg 10: Split, Croatia 20px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png to Kampen, Netherlands 20px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

Leg 11: Kampen, Netherlands 20px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png to London, England, UK 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Leg 12: London, England, UK 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png to Detroit, MI 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 2

Split, Croatia is an interesting choice.  I was there several years ago, and it is absolutely beautiful!  I think they were in Dubrovnik one season (I seem to remember a water based challenge there).  I'm considering not watching this season, but I may have to tune in for that leg. 

1 hour ago, chaifan said:

Split, Croatia is an interesting choice.  I was there several years ago, and it is absolutely beautiful!  I think they were in Dubrovnik one season (I seem to remember a water based challenge there).  I'm considering not watching this season, but I may have to tune in for that leg. 

Split, and the rest of Croatia along the Adriatic Coast, is absolutely spectacular!  I'm glad they're going there.  I wonder if there will be a task at Diocletian's Palace, built by the Roman Emperor in the 4th century AD in Split.  A lot of very cool Roman ruins in Croatia.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Race route (final update):

Leg 1: Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, CA 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png to Tokyo, Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

Leg 2: Tokyo, Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png to Luang Prabang, Laos 20px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png

Leg 3: Luang Prabang, Laos 20px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 5: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png to Dubai, United Arab Emirates 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv

Leg 6: Dubai, United Arab Emirates 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv to Kampala, Uganda 20px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png

Leg 7: Kampala, Uganda 20px-Flag_of_Uganda.svg.png to Grindelwald, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p

Leg 8: Grindelwald, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p to Brienz, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p

Leg 9: Brienz, Switzerland 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland_(Pantone).svg.p to Split, Croatia 20px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png

Leg 10: Split, Croatia 20px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png to Kampen, Netherlands 20px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

Leg 11: Kampen, Netherlands 20px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png to London, England, UK 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Leg 12: London, England, UK 20px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png to Detroit, MI 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Complete route map

2xklMKv.png

• Love 1
(edited)

The premiere for TAR 31 is scheduled for May 22, 2019, that one of new programmes, The World's Best, is struggled on ratings as it got declined in the last two weeks or so.

Anyway, if Million Dollar Mile will get struggled into ratings like The World's Best, TAR could premiere early by April.

Episode 1, Los Angeles 🇺🇸 to Tokyo 🇯🇵

Episode 2, Tokyo 🇯🇵 to Luang Prabang 🇱🇦

Episode 3, Luang Prabang 🇱🇦

Episode 4, Luang Prabang 🇱🇦 to Ho Chi Minh City 🇻🇳

Episode 5, Ho Chi Minh City 🇻🇳 to Dubai 🇦🇪

Episode 6, Dubai 🇦🇪 to Kampala 🇺🇬

Episode 7, Kampala 🇺🇬 to Brienz 🇨🇭

Episode 8, Brienz 🇨🇭 to Innsbruck 🇦🇹

Episode 9, Innsbruck 🇦🇹 to Split 🇭🇷

Episode 10, Split 🇭🇷 to Kampen 🇳🇱

Episode 11, Kampen 🇳🇱 to London 🇬🇧

Episode 12, London 🇬🇧 to Detroit 🇺🇸

Edited by ApprenticeFan
On 6/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, Machiabelly said:

So Rupert and Rachel get ride number 5 on the CBS reality trolley.

If we're counting shows from other networks, this makes (un)lucky number 7 for Rachel's reality show circuit

It's going to be interesting to wonder if, should Victor/Nicole make it to the final 3, will the hometown curse claim another victim like it did with Frank/Margarita and Justin/Diana in NYC, the Schroeders in New Orleans, or Marcus/Amani in Atlanta.

See, I kind of liked Rachel's sister when she was on her season of Big Brother.  Elissa was waaaaaay more mellow than Rachel ever was, and she didn't whine or try to always be the center of attention.  But I fear that when the two sisters are together, instead of calming Rachel down, and tamping her attention whore ways, the sister synergy will work in the reverse, and Rachel will amp Elissa up, and then they'll be the screechy twins.

I am eternally grateful to whomever made the decision to nix the BB team with Paul.  I would have had to boycott the show, and that would make me sad, because I do love visiting all those lovely locations, and I would miss Croatia.  (I'll just have to grit my teeth during the Rupert segments, though probably not for long, I don't see his team going deep into the race...)

Edited by HurricaneVal
E-L-I-S-S-A

I'm equally thrilled we don't have James or Caleb either.  But I really didn't want to see Paul get a shot.  So if those three screwed themselves because they blabbed ahead of time, good.  

I kind of wish they had just done another TAR AS season.  The last one was terrible, but it would have been great if they really got a wide variety of teams, going back to the early seasons (and not bringing back the same ones).  I'm not disappointed really with the BB teams we got, though.  I don't care for Janelle, but I like her more than I use to.  And I love Britney.  I like Elissa, so Rachel is berable for that reason, and I'm neutral to Nicole/Victor.  I'd take a final 3 of Colin/Christie, Becca/Floyd, and one of the BB teams.  

Excited to see Laos and Uganda as new countries this season.  I wasn't overly thrilled about the race leg, but I don't think it'll be too bad.  At least some of these countries haven't been visited in a few seasons. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

The preview for the whole season at the end of the episode showed a new "rule" for this season.  It's theme-based, so it's a TAR spin on the rules of the other two shows..

The U-Turn Vote.

Based solely on the name, and the fact that Phil is telling the entire cast about this makes me think that one team is going to get a U-turn by popular vote from all teams.  And based on Rachel's reaction, it looks like it'll be her and her sister "winning" this vote.  (Which, YES!  ANYthing to get her out as soon as possible.)

• Love 1

Found all this mainly through Reddit.

One question from the first episode is why were all the teams scrambling to get their information in the sand octopus if they were all going to be on the same flight to Toyko anyway?  Answer: they weren't.  That clue also led to an additional task there on the beach that was totally cut out.

The teams were given a clue to "find a jellyfish with a reward in its' tail."  In addition to the sand sculpture, there were a lot of jellyfish-shaped kites being flown on the beach.  So the teams needed to pull them down to find the reward.

What was the reward?  Something called the "Extreme Roadblock."  Apparently, the team that won it could then use it to make another team have to do a Roadblock twice before continuing on (There is some confusion as to whether it would be the same person repeating the Roadblock, or if both team members would each do the Roadblock in turn.  The former seems to be the case though.)

Why was this cut?  Because apparently, whomever found it didn't use it.  Ever.  Whether this was because they chose not to for one reason ("playing fair") or another (fearing karmic reprisal in the form of a U-Turn (even more possible with a U-Turn Vote)), or were just Philliminated before they could is unknown.

Who won it? 🤷‍♂️  Again, with it never being used and the footage of the search cut, we have no way of knowing unless someone mentions it in an exit interview.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2