Type keyword(s) to search

Stephen Colbert in Other Roles

• Start Topic

I couldn't find a topic for news about Stephen that isn't Late Show-related, so I've started this one.

I can't believe no one has posted yet about Stephen's guest appearance on RuPaul's Drag Race this week. Perhaps I'm the only person who watches both shows?

Anyhoo, Stephen appeared on the screen in the werkroom near the beginning of the episode, in the bit where RuPaul usually appears on the screen to give a cryptic clue about the episode's upcoming challenge. It was HILARIOUS but alas, I can't find a clip of it.

He 'appeared' again as the narrator of the spoof of Westworld called Breastworld - you can hear him in the first 15 seconds of this clip.

• Love 4

Stephen Colbert and Patrick Wilson sing the national anthem before a Mets-Yankees game. A really good performance. I've seen it pop up a few places online. It's fun reading all the comments to the effect of "who knew those guys could sing?" and all the responses of "anyone who knows anything about their careers" I'm linking to one of the stories rather than the official MLB YouTube video because it has some interesting content in the comments section instead of being filled with alt-right trolls.

https://deadspin.com/cool-dads-stephen-colbert-and-patrick-wilson-deliver-su-1826690009

• Love 6

I've heard SC diss his own acting abilities on the LSSC, but I just saw a spring 2004 episode of L&O CI in which SC portrayed a very serious perp (not a killer, though, of course!), episode 3.16 "The Saint" (imdb.com/title/tt0629591/?ref_=fn_ep_tt_10, lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/The_Saint#Background_information_and_notes). 

tumblr_oi33jagJGO1uinaoeo1_1280.pnj

(everyonehasbeenonlawandorder.tumblr.com/post/154563388042/stephen-colbert-appeared-on-law-order-criminal)

• Love 2

I like that episode. It's interesting to see him as the bad guy. I like the interaction between his character and the mom throughout as well.

As for other roles, of course, there's also Chuck Noblet from "Strangers with Candy" :D. 

A mini-compilation of snippets from one of my favorite episodes ("Yes You Can't!").

• Love 1

I like his "Smokey the Bear " PSA especially carnivorous, deciduous, or pine-scented trees.  As a watcher of The Colbert Report it is a reminder that bears were man eating beasts (or something like that) on the show.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, thosme said:

I like his "Smokey the Bear " PSA especially carnivorous, deciduous, or pine-scented trees.  As a watcher of The Colbert Report it is a reminder that bears were man eating beasts (or something like that) on the show.

"Man eating beasts"???? That's all you think they were? Typical soft on bears liberal. They were nothing less than giant marauding Godless killing machines and Satan's children!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2019 at 8:59 AM, shapeshifter said:

I've heard SC diss his own acting abilities on the LSSC, but I just saw a spring 2004 episode of L&O CI in which SC portrayed a very serious perp (not a killer, though, of course!), episode 3.16 "The Saint" (imdb.com/title/tt0629591/?ref_=fn_ep_tt_10, lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/The_Saint#Background_information_and_notes). 

tumblr_oi33jagJGO1uinaoeo1_1280.pnj

(everyonehasbeenonlawandorder.tumblr.com/post/154563388042/stephen-colbert-appeared-on-law-order-criminal)

This was a FANTASTIC performance. But yeah, he was the killer. He killed that grandma in the cold open. He didn't mean to, but he did.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, saoirse said:

This episode is going to be airing on WETV in about 40 minutes. 

I saw it recently--last month, I think, on ION. I don't get WE anymore. A lot of Daily Show Alumni guest starred in the franchise. Aasif was the only one who appeared in ALL of them: Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: Trial By Jury.

Stephen was so awesome, I wished he'd appeared on the Mothership.

• Love 5
On 6/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, Marisagf said:

Did anyone see Stephen in "Girls 5eva?"  He was awesome, of course!

Meredith Scardino,  who created the series, used to be a producer on The Late Show. IIRC she did a few onscreen bits with Stephen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ApathyMonger said:

Anyone know what this is about?

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

No idea... He never did stand up, did he? I can't imagine he's leaving his show on CBS.

He did stuff before The Daily Show, but I'm guessing they're using 'coming home' in that sense - he really got 'big' there and on The Colbert Report. So I would guess it's a show about life post-pandemic.

I could be 190% wrong of course. :)

• Love 2

When Stephen interviewed Joy Reid last night, they spoke about those who didn’t want to get vaccinated. I can imagine him doing a Special in which he plays someone whose pandemic views are opposite his own, much like he used to play someone who was politically his opposite. 

• Useful 3

It'll probably be something like that. Or Stephen will be producing some show that will air on CC.

One thing's for pretty certain, CC isn't creating anything new. That might interrupt the daily 15-hour South Park marathons.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

One thing's for pretty certain, CC isn't creating anything new. That might interrupt the daily 15-hour South Park marathons.

I didn't know that's what they mostly air. In that case, it might be something like SC's "Tooning  Out the News." Maybe a longer version? SC has the resources to do his own production, so CC wouldn't have to do anything more than give it an appropriate platform.

• Love 3

From one of the articles: 

Now, two days later, the Viacom-owned network has announced that Colbert will be returning to the network that made him famous, though this time he’ll do so as the co-creator and producer of a weekly talk show fronted by Charlamagne tha God, who’s long been one of the most influential and controversial voices in New York radio. The series, aptly titled Tha God’s Honest Truth with Lenard ‘Charlamagne’ McKelvey, is set to launch Friday, Sept. 17, at 10 p.m.

So Fridays at 10:00pm.

• Useful 2
44 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Stephen appears at about 1:50
Maybe he should take a break and do Broadway? 

I kind of got chills watching that. Especially loved Brian Stokes Mitchell, and it was a nice touch having Billy Joel's daughter & sax player among the performers. Also, hello Rupert Jee!

Edited by lurkerbee
Loved Stephen too and his exit was great.
  • Love 4

Pickleball Stephan.....

Colbert will host CBS' “Pickled,” described as a sports-comedy special centered on a celebrity pickleball tournament. Among the players: Dierks Bentley, Will Ferrell, Emma Watson, Daniel Dae Kim, Max Greenfield, Luis Guzman, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tig Notaro and Kelly Rowland.

Colbert and Kenny Loggins will join in a national-anthem duet for the two-hour special airing at 9 p.m. Eastern Nov. 17 on CBS. It will stream live and on demand on Paramount+.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/pickleball-colbert-other-stars-team-up-for-charity-special/ar-AA12SNwu

• Love 1
(edited)

Stephen was on the picket line in New York yesterday, serving Americone Dream ice-cream to the SAG-AFTRA strikers. The Fug Girls posted this gorgeous photo of him.

Colbert picket line.jpg

Edited by purist
  • Like 4
  • Love 6