Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Brennan posted a "good morning from the beach" Insta story yesterday morning, so it looks like she's still in Florida.  That doesn't bode well for her still being in training camp.  

They all had an extended weekend off. She hasn’t been cut

• Love 7

I. Can't. Wait. For. Thursday!!! With such a lock down on social media and tidbits from training camp, I have virtually no clue about any of the rookies and I'm so excited to get my first real look at them. ? And Nick F as a judge! 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I. Can't. Wait. For. Thursday!!! With such a lock down on social media and tidbits from training camp, I have virtually no clue about any of the rookies and I'm so excited to get my first real look at them. ? And Nick F as a judge! 

Right I can’t wait either all I know is who has been cut so far 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

They all had an extended weekend off. She hasn’t been cut

So they give them all of these days off, rather than just going ahead and naming the team? Makes no sense. I know it’s for the show, but I see no reason why they couldn’t have an intense 2 week training camp (which is already longer than what most teams have), name the team, and still air the show as usual. It’s not like a two week process would mean that the show would only be 2 weeks. 

IDK, just seems like they could get far more girls to show up if they had a more reasonable selection process that didn’t last all summer.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Of course these late cuts are for drama. Other organizations pick a team in a weekend. After months of watching these girls dance every day, if they don't know who should be on the team by now, they don't know what they are doing. This is all just for show. I just feel bad for the girls cut at the end because they could be missing out on other opportunities. Honestly, I'm glad Dayton was cut early or she wouldn't have her cruise ship gig.

I don’t disagree with you at all and I’m definitely tickled about Dayton’s cruise ship gig. What an amazing opportunity for a young woman to travel and get paid to do what she loves!

That said...there’s a part of me that thinks Kelli thinks she’s doing a solid for some of the girls keeping them in camp later. Yes, they’re absolutely heartbroken when they get cut, but it’s a paid dance job for the summer and excellent experience for some of the dancers who need more time and training. Plus you know many are there for the camera time and potential ad revenue.  

Super sucks for the career gals like Brennan so I’m thinking more for the actual college students in particular. It’s like, if they have the time available, why not soak in the training and experience and get paid at the same time? 

I’m hoping the talent is so strong this year that she’s just wringing her hands making the final cut, but every year the cuts are usually pretty clear. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Tootie said:

Here they are last year at the star, still in training camp--watching the show.  The one circled is Taryn~the final cut.  Also, last year they did the squad photo very late...after the pre-season had started.  I can't remember the date, but I think it was pushed back due to HOF week.

TCC watching MTT.png

Poor Taryn...

I think they’re taking 39 girls this year. It makes sense considering how many stars they’ve lost& how few upper vets they have. I think Lacey, Kashara, Lexie, Miranda, Amy and Tess will leave-for some reason I feel Maddie will leave too. In any case, they have way too few experienced girls, so they need more rookies.

• Love 3

I think it is a very good idea to give the girls a week off. They need time to de-stress and even relax. These girls get so drained by this time that going straight through because of stress, physically and emotionally, many of the TCCs could fall apart just because of nerves.  Also every one of the girls know exactly what could happen to any one of them, even being cut on the last night. They are choosing to take this risk so as heartbreaking as it is , they know it happens. IMO choosing the squad before seeing every one's full potential is not a good business decision. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

IMO choosing the squad before seeing every one's full potential is not a good business decision. 

Most other teams and industries makes it work. If the DCCs can’t, then I think they’re the ones who don’t know what they’re doing. Three months is longer than most internships, which can actually lead to real, full time, pay the bills jobs. I got hired to my first job at a law firm after a six-week clerkship, and I wasn’t going to start until I had completed my final year of law school. That was normal, and how most of my classmates got hired. It really isn’t that hard to know if someone has the potential to be successful. It’s never a sure thing. Obviously, they lost 3 girls during the season last year, but DCC isn’t the CIA, FBI, or Secret Service. It doesn’t require 3 months.

• Love 15
(edited)
23 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The episode description says "four hundred ladies" showed up for auditions. I'm trying not to laugh.

Hmmm. . . four hundred?  That may be how many signed up for auditions, but we know only about a third of that actually showed up.  Didn't someone say that only 150 or so actually appeared?  I also suspect we'll hear about up to five cuts this week (that is, if some of those cuts haven't already been made) and the squad announced by middle of next week.  I can see them taking 1 or 2 more girls than usual this year because of what happened last year, but that would still mean 3 cuts.  I know who I want to be among those cuts, but it's pretty much a given that they won't be cut.  At least, not this year.

I'm also keeping an eye on when the Audition dates for next year will pop up on the website.  I'm thinking it will be either the day of, or shortly after, the team is announced. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
Just now, Erinbridget said:

I'm so anxious to see if VK actually makes it 

I am to but I noticed how a lot of the tcc hang out together and go do stuff they post pics of them hanging out but I noticed that vk isn’t in any of the other girls pictures 

• Love 4
Just now, Holly85 said:

I am to but I noticed how a lot of the tcc hang out together and go do stuff they post pics of them hanging out but I noticed that vk isn’t in any of the other girls pictures 

I'm not even a VK fan, but maybe the show will change my mind, idk. I'm just really hoping Madeline makes it

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm so anxious to see if VK actually makes it 

Rumor has it that she's guaranteed a spot on the team, no matter what (unless she does something to get herself arrested or to publicly humiliate the franchise, and even then, she may still make the squad).  I'm more curious to see what happens next year at Finals and, not only if she makes it through again (if she decides to audition again), but what is said about it.  There will be a lot of discussion, no matter what happens.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm not even a VK fan, but maybe the show will change my mind, idk. I'm just really hoping Madeline makes it

I hope Madeline makes it to 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

If the rumors are true about her guaranteed spot and her attitude, then I am not surprised.  The other girls may also feel that they can't talk around her without it getting to mom and then Kelli. 

6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I hope Madeline makes it to 

Yes, yes, yes!!

• Love 2
(edited)

The only three I hope make it are Brennan, Erin and Madeline.  All three have shown determination and improvement.  Heck, Erin and Madeline were the first two cuts last year and now they're in the final weeks?  They've done some MAJOR hard work to go from there to here.  I don't know enough about the others (except for VK and my opinion of her has been well documented here) to comment on them.  I also wonder if they'll show footage of the guy who auditioned, if he'll be interviewed (and it's shown), and what was said about him at judging.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8

This is what the TV summary says about MTT, I saw it when I went to set  up the recording for Thursday.  

The Road To World Class Begins-600 girls are gathered together at a hotel in Texas for preliminaries; each contestant is given the opportunity to perform a routine for the judges; the remaining semi-finalists are given a ...............

Melissa Rycroft, Neal McCoy, Jay Johnson, Charlotte Jones Anderson

2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

This is what the TV summary says about MTT, I saw it when I went to set  up the recording for Thursday.  

The Road To World Class Begins-600 girls are gathered together at a hotel in Texas for preliminaries; each contestant is given the opportunity to perform a routine for the judges; the remaining semi-finalists are given a ...............

Melissa Rycroft, Neal McCoy, Jay Johnson, Charlotte Jones Anderson

I guess I better buy my season pass from Amazon.  Anybody know if Hulu plans on streaming episodes like they do Nashville?  HAHA

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She hasn't posted any pix of herself for a couple of months, she use to post all the time.  I wonder if Tina told her not to post.  So sad she can't be herself, she has to be what is expected of her.  She is only 18 she needs to be able to act like an 18 year old.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I guess I better buy my season pass from Amazon.  Anybody know if Hulu plans on streaming episodes like they do Nashville?  HAHA

I wish they would I have Hulu and is unable to watch it unless I buy my season pass from amazon 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wish they would I have Hulu and is unable to watch it unless I buy my season pass from amazon 

Does CMT.com allow you to watch a brand new episode for a few days like CBS.com does?  

(edited)
28 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Who's doing the math when they're writing the descriptions?  One posted something about 400 girls (and 1 guy) showing up, now suddenly 600 are there?  Jeez.  They really hope we don't know how to count, aren't observant or they're trying to keep up the fiction that being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader is something that every dancer, no matter the style, aspires to (exaggerating somewhat, but you get the drift).

24 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She hasn't posted any pix of herself for a couple of months, she use to post all the time.  I wonder if Tina told her not to post.  So sad she can't be herself, she has to be what is expected of her.  She is only 18 she need to be able to act like an 18 year old.  

I get what you're saying, but some would say there's a flip-side to this, that Tina's just trying to protect Victoria from the viciousness that is the social media side of things, especially when it's known by complete strangers (or someone becomes aware) that Victoria is the daughter of Kelli's BFF.  We've heard that Victoria is sweet, funny, kind and a good dancer, but we've also heard that she's entitled, bratty, can't keep her mouth shut (the rumors that she went through auditions telling people she didn't have to worry about it because she's guaranteed a spot in TC and, now that she's in TC, that she's guaranteed a spot on the team), and wants the attention but doesn't have the talent to back it up.  Some would say that she earned her spot in Training Camp and others would say that the only reason she's there because of her mom's relationship with Kelli.  I'm curious to see how they portray Victoria.  Will she get shoved down our throats (Cassie in her 1st and 5th year, Morgan and Breelan) or will they mention her a couple times then gloss over her?

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

To be fair to VK, this rumor originated from a supremely unsubstantiated and unreliable source who seems to have it out for VK (and Christina), so I wouldn’t take it as fact.  

I know, which was why I made sure to say that it was a rumor.  I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because she's in a situation that is so similar to Cassie's and what she had to put up with throughout the years.  VK is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.  I'm also trying to combat my own bias against her which is based on what I've seen on her social media and what I've seen here.  I don't want to bias people against her because of my words and my dislike/distaste for her/her situation, but I also don't want to drive people into supporting her even if they don't like her/really support her just because people are speaking out against her.  I just want people to form their own opinions about her based on what she says, what she does and how she performs.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

If CMT would decide to release all available episodes for season 13 as a “binge package” tomorrow (then add the final episodes as soon as they are edited), how much would you pay to buy this package? 

I would wait for each episode, watch it then, and binge watch in the winter when it's -50 and snowing. But as far as buying the entire season, I think it's like $15-20 on Amazon for the entire season, so not too much. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I noticed how a lot of the tcc hang out together and go do stuff they post pics of them hanging out but I noticed that vk isn’t in any of the other girls pictures 

I can think of 2 reasons.  Either they don't really like her, or the fact that she's 18 limits where she can go & also has an impact of how much she has in common with the rest.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I can think of 2 reasons.  Either they don't really like her, or the fact that she's 18 limits where she can go & also has an impact of how much she has in common with the rest.  

Very true 

• Love 1

I wonder if Kelli will introduce Neil McCoy as a “new judge” at prelims again. I don’t understand why she does that repeatedly when he’s clearly been a judge for them in years past. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I would wait for each episode, watch it then, and binge watch in the winter when it's -50 and snowing. But as far as buying the entire season, I think it's like $15-20 on Amazon for the entire season, so not too much. 

Oh, I save every episode on my Dvr for a year, then I buy the season because comcast won’t let me save it longer than a year. What I was asking is: if you could buy it TODAY, ahead of the debut on Thursday, how much would you pay? 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Satan on a saltine! 600 girls?! were they counting their reflections in their mirrors during fluff and puff?? 

I now have a mess of Diet Coke to clean off my screen. Lol. Satan on a Saltine???  Their reflections? Lol! 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, dancerforlife said:

I have noticed this too. Brennan never seems to be in the pictures either, except with DCC Lauren.

I’m sure Brennan is just trying to focus and do what she needs to do to make the squad 

• Love 7

Hopefully this will be the last week of training camp and the squad will be announced by the end of the week. Starting to think they are gonna take a squad bigger than 36 this year. Don’t know if that’s because of the number of girls they lost last year or for other reasons, but I would certainly hope that they wouldn’t strong 5 girls along just to cut them at the last second. It’s bad enough that they’ve strung 1 or 2 girls along to the very end only to give them the boot. 

Sidenote: can’t wait to hear Kelli and Judy explain their system of “yes, no, or maybe” for auditions LOL

• Love 4

I have a question, perhaps someone knows....Are the contestants/cheerleaders paid nothing for being on the show? Other reality shows pay a stipend, like 1,000 a week or so...but looking at Erica's lawsuit it appears these girls are paid nothing. Given the level of talent and the wealth of the Dallas Cowboys organization, the lack of compensation is rather shocking.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I now have a mess of Diet Coke to clean off my screen. Lol. Satan on a Saltine???  Their reflections? Lol! 

Four hundred, six hundred, no effingway.  The highest number on the board of selected candidates will be 207.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

But she has been hanging out with vets (the latest I’ve seen is with Lacey).

i can’t wait for the season to start-although, it seems like they will have one episode for each day of auditions again which i absolutely hate. Make finals one full episode (and actually show us more than a few seconds of dancing), but prelims and semis can be one episode.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

But she has been hanging out with vets (the latest I’ve seen is with Lacey).

Right, but the comment was pertaining to the other TCCs

• Love 1

I really don't think that Kelli would "guarantee" a spot to VK just because she's her bestie's offspring--or for any reason, for that matter. I readily can believe, however, that VK has believed that she's got an in and that she can't imagine any outcome but stars and boots for herself. I don't really believe that she would be so dumb or arrogant, even at 18, to brag to other contestants that she's promised a spot. That doesn't mean that I don't think she flaunted her lifelong insider status during auditions or in training camp. As I posted before, her cheesy ass wink has put her firmly in my "no" column for now, but I'm willing to be open to seeing different and better sides of her as a dancer and candidate. Not holding my breath, mind you, but I'm open. 

As for Erin, I was not a fan of her dancing or looks last year, so I don't care either way if she makes it. I do think she looks prettier this year, and she seems to be well liked by the other TCCs, so probably has good team mate potential. Madeline seems much stronger and I hope she has matured this last year. She just seemed so young and sheltered to me. Brennan doesn't do it for me, but as I and others have posted previously, they'd be cold-hearted assholes to cut her now. 

Someone asked about the episodes airing on cmt.com. IIRC, they post the episode around midnight on the date the episode airs, and then it's available for anyone to watch the next day, sometimes 2 days. I usually watch the episode on their website  first while waiting to be able to download from iTunes, because 1) iTunes sometimes takes forever to post new episodes (sometimes days, even though they post most episodes by 2 am or so; 2) sometimes you can hear the original music from the episode in those 1st 24 hours online; & 3) iTunes sometimes cuts scenes, so watching immediately online lets me see the whole episode, even if it's just the one time. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Satan on a saltine! 600 girls?! were they counting their reflections in their mirrors during fluff and puff?? 

You crack me up!!!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Most other teams and industries makes it work. If the DCCs can’t, then I think they’re the ones who don’t know what they’re doing. Three months is longer than most internships, which can actually lead to real, full time, pay the bills jobs. I got hired to my first job at a law firm after a six-week clerkship, and I wasn’t going to start until I had completed my final year of law school. That was normal, and how most of my classmates got hired. It really isn’t that hard to know if someone has the potential to be successful. It’s never a sure thing. Obviously, they lost 3 girls during the season last year, but DCC isn’t the CIA, FBI, or Secret Service. It doesn’t require 3 months.

Meh. I mean, they do, but there is certainly a difference in quality. IMO, alot of teams announce their squad too prematurely and the talent really isn't all the way there.

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe she just doesn't gel with them like that. Of course being in TC together, you get to know the other girls, but maybe she just doesn't mesh well with them. Plus, alot of girls I'm sure know each other outside of TC prior to being in it, so that also plays a factor.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I wonder if Kelli will introduce Neil McCoy as a “new judge” at prelims again. I don’t understand why she does that repeatedly when he’s clearly been a judge for them in years past. 

I just rewatched Seasons 1 & 2.  He was a judge on one of those seasons,  it never introduced or even focused on.  I just recognized him because of the hat, and then rewound to make sure.

1 hour ago, M1977G said:

I really don't think that Kelli would "guarantee" a spot to VK just because she's her bestie's offspring--or for any reason, for that matter. I readily can believe, however, that VK has believed that she's got an in and that she can't imagine any outcome but stars and boots for herself. I don't really believe that she would be so dumb or arrogant, even at 18, to brag to other contestants that she's promised a spot. That doesn't mean that I don't think she flaunted her lifelong insider status during auditions or in training camp. As I posted before, her cheesy ass wink has put her firmly in my "no" column for now, but I'm willing to be open to seeing different and better sides of her as a dancer and candidate. Not holding my breath, mind you, but I'm open. 

As for Erin, I was not a fan of her dancing or looks last year, so I don't care either way if she makes it. I do think she looks prettier this year, and she seems to be well liked by the other TCCs, so probably has good team mate potential. Madeline seems much stronger and I hope she has matured this last year. She just seemed so young and sheltered to me. Brennan doesn't do it for me, but as I and others have posted previously, they'd be cold-hearted assholes to cut her now. 

Someone asked about the episodes airing on cmt.com. IIRC, they post the episode around midnight on the date the episode airs, and then it's available for anyone to watch the next day, sometimes 2 days. I usually watch the episode on their website  first while waiting to be able to download from iTunes, because 1) iTunes sometimes takes forever to post new episodes (sometimes days, even though they post most episodes by 2 am or so; 2) sometimes you can hear the original music from the episode in those 1st 24 hours online; & 3) iTunes sometimes cuts scenes, so watching immediately online lets me see the whole episode, even if it's just the one time. 

I agree on the guarantee part.  Knowing how the Jones’ run such a tight ship, I doubt Kelli would put anyone on the squad who might endanger her position or reputation.  I am going to reserve my judgment until I see her dance.  With some hair help, she has the look.  I am not a big fan of her mother, but I won’t hold that against her.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe she just doesn't gel with them like that.

They don't gel with her because they either don't like her or it's an age thing ;-)  

18 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

alot of girls I'm sure know each other outside of TC prior to being in it, so that also plays a factor.

I think that's why she's friendly with some current DCCs, like with Sam & Dayton, many of the current squad have been in her orbit for a while.

11 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Knowing how the Jones’ run such a tight ship, I doubt Kelli would put anyone on the squad who might endanger her position or reputation.  I am going to reserve my judgment until I see her dance.

Remember...Morgan was a huge risk and still made it (and I liked Morgan), I have no doubt Vicky K is making it.

• Love 3

Many have said, “why do they explain the yes, no, maybe system every year,” and “why do they introduce Neil McCoy every year?” 

Not all viewers have seen the show every year like we have. It’s the same in books that are a continuing stories, or in tv shows/ movies that are sequels... they have to repeat introductory information for those who haven’t read or watched the previous book/movie/show in the past. 

So, while I agree that it’s annoying for me sometimes, I understand why they do it. 

• Love 5

I actually think that VK is a great storyline for them, so yes they would keep her just for that. To be honest, one more mediocre dancer in a team full of blenders won’t hurt them, so obviously they would choose someone they have a personal connection to AND has storyline potential over someone else. Look at how many comments VK has had, she is going to be feautured heavily on the show as well... 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I actually think that VK is a great storyline for them, so yes they would keep her just for that. To be honest, one more mediocre dancer in a team full of blenders won’t hurt them, so obviously they would choose someone they have a personal connection to AND has storyline potential over someone else. Look at how many comments VK has had, she is going to be feautured heavily on the show as well... 

She is CMT's favorite story line!!  So sad that they will cut another girl and take VK all for ratings.  You are right another mediocre dancer wont hurt them.  I am not looking forward to watching her on the show or watching Tina be featured.  

• Love 5

I would hate to be Victoria.  Even though she got the insiders pass to the DCC that most girls never get in terms of her mom being BFF's with Kelli (and possibly watching auditions in the past), she'll never know if she got on the squad due to her own work or if it's because of her mom.  Cassie was the same way.  If asked, both will likely say that it was because they did all the work to get there, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a niggling doubt in the back of their minds.  They might look at other girls and wonder what they're thinking about in terms of the DCC.  Would other girls resent Victoria's presence on the team because she supposedly didn't get there "honestly"/was only there because of her name/connection with Kelli?  Things like that would certainly cause some issues.  Some would also say that, once Victoria get to camp, it's all on her to succeed.  That could be another worry, that the other girls would think that Victoria would have a leg up, because she could have gotten information and/or learned the dances ahead of time.  Interpersonal stuff sucks sometimes.

I would say something similar (and probably have) about the fan vote.  I would rather know that I got in because of my own merits and skills than because of some popularity vote.  Still, at least Kelli and Judy let the winners of the fan vote know how they would have fared without the fan vote.  I think Jackie and Colby were the only two who made it in strictly because of the fan vote because they wouldn't have made it in otherwise.  All the others would have made it in if they hadn't won the fan vote so it was just affirmation that they were good enough on their own merits. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4