Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Dancer7 said:

Yeah I just got the confirmation from someone she did get cut. Sad

Well shucks..that is sad...she is cute as can be and from what I saw of her on UK's dance team and in tryouts,  she's a great dancer.  Maybe she just couldn't get the style down, or had memory issues.. I would hate for looks to be the sole reason she was let go.  It would have been great seeing two KY girls on the team. Her best friend (U of Ky dance team as well)  that she auditioned with for DCC (Ashley W) made the Chicago Luvabulls (where Hannah came from) just as an aside. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1

I have seen - and it was only up for 5 min so I am in NO way taking it as 100% truth and can't prove it was there. This is JUST what I saw posted and it was erased with in 5 min. But on Facebook in one of the fan groups someone posted Lily and Malena were the last 2 cut. They were friends or family of Rachel.  

• Love 4

I hope that California girls Alanna and Daphne made the cut, they both have the lean figure Kelli likes and the talent Judy looks for.

But Brennan is the one TCC who I am truly happy finally earned her star.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, California Girl said:

I hope that California girls Alanna and Daphne made the cut, they both have the lean figure Kelli likes and the talent Judy looks for.

Daphne made Show Group so I'm assuming (I know that's bad lol ) she made the team...but no word on Alanna.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I have seen - and it was only up for 5 min so I am in NO way taking it as 100% truth and can't prove it was there. This is JUST what I saw posted and it was erased with in 5 min. But on Facebook in one of the fan groups someone posted Lily and Malena were the last 2 cut. They were friends or family of Rachel.  

Oh shucks.

I totally believe it.  EVERY SINGLE TIME a cut is posted, it has been true.  Why would anyone feed false info.  The conspiracy theories are easily distiguishable from the facts.

• Love 3

from one of the dcc fansites : 

don’t know! Rachel is one of our family’s “adopted child”! Her mother and I are best friends for over 40 years! I am assuming they cut the last 2 last night! Supposedly they cut Lily and Malina!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JennieM said:

Not a VK fan or a hater but man I felt really sad when I saw that insta post with the extra whipped cream comment - the idea of having to deprive yourself of dessert for a job (or anything) is just a sad thought ... :'(

It is, but honestly, if you keep a pretty clean diet the majority of the time, a few hundred calories of dessert won’t do much of anything but give you a belly ache. When I was 18 I was having a cookie for lunch and tater tots for dinner. Maybe most dancers keep a better diet than most teens, but I think back to Taylor’s grocery store run (season 6?) and think that’s probably a little closer to reality. 

As for cuts, I seriously hope it’s not Malena. She’s so, so pretty and this team is light on diversity. Or just light is probably right enough. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, viccib said:

from one of the dcc fansites : 

don’t know! Rachel is one of our family’s “adopted child”! Her mother and I are best friends for over 40 years! I am assuming they cut the last 2 last night! Supposedly they cut Lily and Malina!!!

That is what I saw as well. 

• Love 2

I don't know much about Malena but I thought she was beautiful. Is anyone seeing on SM the photos we usually see of the girls in the locker room after the announcement, This is a good way to see many who did make it!  I hope the girls will start posting confirmations that they made it themselves!   Hurry!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I don't know much about Malena but I thought she was beautiful. Is anyone seeing on SM the photos we usually see of the girls in the locker room after the announcement, This is a good way to see many who did make it!  I hope the girls will start posting confirmations that they made it themselves!   Hurry!

I only follow the vets on insta and none of them have posted anything. I think one of the new girls posted and it was screenshotted up thread. 

Typically, family will start posting. The girls won’t post for a while but family and friends will and tag them. If you start creeping throughout the week, we may be able to find pictures in their tagged photos

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Rachel has a couple of friends from her Clemson crew who posted that it's official  that she made it.  But I think we all knew she would :) 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

BRENNAN!!!!!!!!  I never thought I'd be so happy for someone I don't even know LOL.  Way to go, I hope she has an amazing season & that it's everything she hoped it would be :)

ME TOOOOO!!!!!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If they want CMT drama, let Charlotte come in and make the final two cuts...Judy & Kelli :)

I  think Charlotte should come in and at least watch the last few rehearsals to give some input like she did in season 3 when she said she wanted to see the ones that were still in question dance next to Justine, Nicole, and Brooke.  IMHO I think since she is one of the highest PTB over the organization her family is so invested in, her input on who will ultimately be representing them should be much more important than Kelli Pickler and other country music singers, Melissa Rycroft Strickland, hairstylists, or even the wife of a quarterback. 

• Love 4

I have a PTV Rookie question:

For all of you who have been around for the last few years....

Is it normal for DCC to try to keep the new DCC team on SM lockdown until the first game?  Was there more celebration postings last year at the time the team was announced? Why aren’t we seeing it all over the place by now? I mean, is there really that much difference between NOW and Saturday? 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dancer7 said:

Yeah I just got the confirmation from someone she did get cut. Sad

She is the only I suspected the other day. My guess for the second is Malena. 

6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I checked Daphne's instagram, but no one has tagged her in a congrats post yet.

She is on Show Group, I'm sure she's safe. 

2 minutes ago, loveaux said:

BRENNAN IM SO EXCITED I feel like a proud cousin because I've been rooting for her since she first came into TC. LETS GOOOO BRENNANNNN

tenor (2).gif

This! I am so excited for Brennan. I'm glad she's not the new Meghan F. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Is it normal for DCC to try to keep the new DCC team on SM lockdown until the first game?  Was there more celebration postings last year at the time the team was announced? Why aren’t we seeing it all over the place by now? 

Yes.  Same last year.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Well shucks..that is sad...she is cute as can be and from what I saw of her on UK's dance team and in tryouts,  she's a great dancer.  Maybe she just couldn't get the style down, or had memory issues.. I would hate for looks to be the sole reason she was let go.  It would have been great seeing two KY girls on the team. Her best friend (U of Ky dance team as well)  that she auditioned with for DCC (Ashley W) made the Chicago Luvabulls (where Hannah came from) just as an aside. 

Lily danced at UK, but she is from Tennessee. 

9 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Is it normal for DCC to try to keep the new DCC team on SM lockdown until the first game?  Was there more celebration postings last year at the time the team was announced? Why aren’t we seeing it all over the place by now? I mean, is there really that much difference between NOW and Saturday? 

I have always felt bad for the rookies in that they really can’t shout it from the rooftops.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I have always felt bad for the rookies in that they really can’t shout it from the rooftops.  

But, they can on Saturday? OR, do they try to lock them down until it actually airs, because, by then, we have it on video(s) many of them. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

BRENNAN!!!!!!!!  I never thought I'd be so happy for someone I don't even know LOL.  Way to go, I hope she has an amazing season & that it's everything she hoped it would be :)

How did you find out that she made it?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

But, they can on Saturday? OR, do they try to lock them down until it actually airs, because, by then, we have it on video(s) many of them. 

Should be lots of pics on Friends and Family night

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Lily danced at UK, but she is from Tennessee. 

Gotcha! Did not know that.  Thanks for clarifying :) Still would have liked to have seen her there because of the KY AND TN connection (I'm a die hard TN VOLS fan even though I was born and raised by a bleeds blue family)

1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

So Gabby, Malena or Ashlee 

Malena supposedly was one of the final two cuts. :( 

7 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Long night. Unfortunately, the squad became less diverse. 

It did :(

• Love 6

If Malena and Lilly were indeed the final cuts, the final team of 36 is:

5 Year Vets: Lacey 

4 Year Vets: Kashara, Amy L

3 Year Vets: Heather, Tess, Madeline, Tasha, Yuko, Khalyn, Kelli, Jessika

2 Year Vets: Christina, Alexis, Lexi, Savvy, Molly, Rachel, Gina, Miranda, Lauren 

Rookies: Rachel Wyatt, Amber, Caroline, Briana, Madeline Malloy, Taylor Johnson, Gabrielle (Gabby), Brennan, Alanna, Daphne, Hannah, Bridget, Ashlee, Cianna, Jalyn, Erin

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Long night. Unfortunately, the squad became less diverse. 

Ugh.... i had a bad feeling about these last 2 cuts. I’ll have to look back at the pictures of Lily to know who she is, but I was rooting for Malena. She’s gorgeous. 

I hate that they cut these two girls in mid- August on the last night. It is completely ridiculous. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Oh I believe that, I just don’t think they will have many multi year vets past the 3 year mark. 

Maybe if they paid the ladies more, there would be an incentive to stay.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wonder if a lot of the rookies will turn off private instagrams now that they've made the team

NVM...you said private....the ones I followed aren't private.  I followed several rookies this past year but none were private accounts. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1