Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, rose711 said:

I’m trying to figure out why I’m not enjoying this season. 

It seems edited weirdly or disjointed somehow.

I have to agree.  I hate this season.  I finally started watching the episodes once I learned that Victoria was cut after sabotaging her pre-arranged spot on the squad, but I still find myself fast-forwarding through most of it.  Hope next season is something other than the "oh look, some unqualified daughters of people associated with DCC are trying out!"

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Where is Melissa the mentor??? Lol

Bite your tongue. I hope we do not end up with Melissa the Mentor scenes with Victoria, Malena or Dayton. I do not blame Melissa personally for the bad mentoring scenes because I think it has CMT written all over them.

46 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Bite your tongue. I hope we do not end up with Melissa the Mentor scenes with Victoria, Malena or Dayton. I do not blame Melissa personally for the bad mentoring scenes because I think it has CMT written all over them.

I watched some of the uncut mentoring sessions on the CMT app extras, and was more impresssed.  CMT cut the meat out of the sessions and just left the fluff.

• Love 4

just had a chance  to watch-

1. Do they shout " who wants to comment?" And VK bashes over 3 Vets & 5 TCCs to be "The Talking Head" to recap the dramatic scene that just unfolded?

2. I adore seeing SB warm them up!!!

3. If you have the opportunity- take some classes w/ Michelle- amazing! And... You never know who may show up!!

4. Best Body in the Uniform- yes!!-- Dayton? Yes!! Adorable!!

5. I'll have to watch again for more details

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I watched some of the uncut mentoring sessions on the CMT app extras, and was more impresssed.  CMT cut the meat out of the sessions and just left the fluff.

There's a few of us who have commented on that.  You really see what she and some of the other DCC are capable of in teaching.  They don't just say you blend in - they explain how.  They point out the little details - ie Kelsey always looking down makes it look like she's dancing with her eyes closed.  It's too bad they cut that stuff out of episodes.

• Love 9

Just watching the show- but Victoria has horse teeth, and so self absorbed.

I know by reading that Melina did not make it- but honestly- I thought it was there.

Jasmine needs to get past " band practice cheerleader" and turn more to dance- ... Hopefully next year- she will have it to connect the dots.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

There's a few of us who have commented on that.  You really see what she and some of the other DCC are capable of in teaching.  They don't just say you blend in - they explain how.  They point out the little details - ie Kelsey always looking down makes it look like she's dancing with her eyes closed.  It's too bad they cut that stuff out of episodes.

How are you able to see this ? is it a program etc. ( for those of us that do not " Ap"...

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, MamaV said:

No sign of Kitty so far in TC. Anyone know when she will be there?

It seems sometimes they bring her in later on TC when the cut decisions get more 'difficult'

Was Tara on Show Group last season? Was Savannah?

I guess we got clued this week that TCC Lindsays upcoming  cut was prob for bad kicks?

4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Bad editing. Like so many other seasons.

I agree. I enjoyed the early seasons when we actually saw the girls dance for longer periods of time. It's almost like they brush over the dancing now. You see a few girls, but then they slow it down for effect. It just takes away from the show. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

Just watching the show- but Victoria has horse teeth, and so self absorbed.

I know by reading that Melina did not make it- but honestly- I thought it was there.

Jasmine needs to get past " band practice cheerleader" and turn more to dance- ... Hopefully next year- she will have it to connect the dots.

How are you able to see this ? is it a program etc. ( for those of us that do not " Ap"...

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/video-guide

These are just the bonuses from Season 11

Watching the preview for next week (the preview that directly followed this episode on TV) Kelli says to Lindsay, "what was wrong with you tonight?"

I wonder if that's just editing and Kelli just meant it as in regard to her dancing or if she did something/was acting wrong in their eyes. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

Dear CMT MTT producers. More dance, less drama, please.

Add Dear Kelli to that.  Don't bring in a TCC who has memory issues.  Don't ever, ever promise a spot to anybody.  I realize you had no clue it was going to blow up like it did - literally haha.  Don't try to throw so much into an episode.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, MamaV said:

No sign of Kitty so far in TC. Anyone know when she will be there?

I bet Kitty will be there the night of Dayton’s demise.  

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

lol...usually she is always hanging around!  I did like when Melissa videotaped the TCC in the stadium and played it back for the candidates. It showed how they were not projecting into the stands.  A visual clue that could really help them be more aware of where they were looking while dancing.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BonnieBlue said:

I agree! Hopefully the fact that Kelli now has egg on her face after promising VK a spot on the squad will provide a valuable lesson. I have heard that Tina Kalina is now not speaking with Kelli. ?

Promising her a spot was dumb.  But VK and her mother taking advantage of it was just as bad.  And if Tina is mad cause VK was cut, then she needs to blame the enablers starting with herself.  

Out of curiosity, what happened to VK's trainer?

• Love 14
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Too much promotion of the Cowboys/DCC Organization and The Star. Damage control. Trying to prove they are not playing favorites with Victoria and Dayton. Trying to prove they support the girls 100% while they meaning Kelli and Charlotte expect the girls to give up their lives to become a DCC. Trying to prove what a honor and privilege it is to be a DCC. Heavy editing to make show why certain girls will be cut at a later date. The possibilities are endless.

Agree totally, especially the promotion of The Star.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BonnieBlue said:

I agree! Hopefully the fact that Kelli now has egg on her face after promising VK a spot on the squad will provide a valuable lesson. I have heard that Tina Kalina is now not speaking with Kelli. ?

Omg - seriously?!!!   That’s huge if true.  I kind of find it really hard to believe for some reason?  Kelli and TK have been friends forever and so far they seem to be treating VK well. 

Do we know for a fact the Kelli really promised VK that?   And honestly, now that I “know” VK a little from watching her on the show, I find it harder to believe she told people that she had a guaranteed spot, or if she did maybe she was just joking?   She just seems a lot more humble/self-critical than I ever imagined she would be from social media and the things I read on this board.  I imagined she was going to be very arrogant and snooty, and she’s not like that at all IMO.  Like her “I’m just so relieved I’m not cut! - omg - what a relief!” scene doesn’t seem like a person who was told she was guaranteed a spot.

Unless of course she was told that later in TC after multiple office visits and felt safe - then they still cut her???  I actually could see that getting TK pretty upset if so. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I did like when Melissa videotaped the TCC in the stadium and played it back for the candidates.

Oh yeah that part when she she said she was going all the way up to the top of the stadium, and she went up like one section.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Is this true? From what was written in the forum threads, it was something that came from VK. 

Edited by PBSLover
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Omg - seriously?!!!   That’s huge if true.  I kind of find it really hard to believe for some reason?  Kelli and TK have been friends forever and so far they seem to be treating VK well. 

I would actually be surprised if Kelli and Tina’s friendship escaped this completely unscathed. Friendships have ended over much less. When you bring someone’s kid into it, people get crazy. Even if they are still friends, I can’t imagine that their relationship wasn’t affected at all by this situation. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

I could TOTALLY see this happening.  Even though Kelli and Tina are best friends, Victoria is her daughter and Tina's not only going to hurt for her daughter due to her heartbreak, but she's going to be mad at the person who caused the heartbreak, which is Kelli.  It's probably going to be worse because Kelli is her BFF and Tina's going to wonder (whether or not she'll admit it) how Kelli could do this to someone she treats like family and watch grow up.  It's got to be playing with Tina's mind a bit and she can't understand separating emotions from having to protect the brand or choosing the best girls to represent the brand.  I wasn't sure that Kelli could do it either, given what we've seen so far on the show either.

8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Let's be real...we don't know anything for a fact, when it comes to VK, except she auditioned, she made TC, she gained some weight, and she got cut. All the rest is just rumor and speculation. Even the insiders here are just sharing their own impressions and observations, and scuttlebutt that they've picked up from sources close to everyone involved. They are all very careful to be clear about that, and rightly so. Most of the comments specifically about VK bragging about a guaranteed spot on the team seem to come from folks who have an axe to grind. It may be a perfectly legitimate axe, but the posters clearly have a bias, which makes it difficult for me to buy the stories completely.

I get your point, but some of what these insiders have said have proven true or mostly true based on what we've seen based on the show.  We might not have seen some things due to editing and TPTB wanting to protect the brand and understanding that showing SOME things would hurt the brand more than help it.  There is also the heavy-handed editing with some girls for a "story line" and "drama".  Some girls seem to want to deal with cameras shoved in their faces all the time (Victoria and maybe a few others) and others don't (Dayton and a few others).  I appreciate the info those insiders give and take everything (for the most part) with a grain of salt while I also admit to the occasional personal dislike of people (Christina, Cassie, and Victoria) based on what I see here and elsewhere. 

• Love 3

It’s no surprise to anyone that Kelli has a complete blind spot towards the reality of Victoria’s dancing. The reaction when she fell out of her turns was clear - would another TCC survive that in such a competitive class? It’s like everything Victoria does is adorable to Kelly, even when she interrupts her in a professional meeting to critique her performance the reaction is “she’s a beautiful storm.”

I don’t think Judy feels the same as she is very quiet about Victoria. She’s been more quiet in general.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelli promised her a spot or at least promised her as much or more than we just saw with Malena (you can make this team, etc.) It seems like the only thing that got  Victoria cut was a large weight gain and lying about going to a required meeting with a nutritionist. Those are objective things that Kelli can’t overlook.

It’s understandable that Kelli isn’t objective about a girl she knows and loves. It’s human nature. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Add Dear Kelli to that.  Don't bring in a TCC who has memory issues.  Don't ever, ever promise a spot to anybody.  I realize you had no clue it was going to blow up like it did - literally haha.  Don't try to throw so much into an episode.

As long as the show is on, this type of thing will not stop. It comes down to ratings, drama, promoting the Cowboys and DCC Organizations, damage control and money at the expense of the girls. Kelli and Charlotte along with some input from CMT are running the show so to speak.

I honestly believe what happened with Victoria and Dayton being told yes you have a spot on the team before auditions started. A lot of things the average fan and viewers do not know about happening behind close doors.

8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Do we know for a fact the Kelli really promised VK that?   And honestly, now that I “know” VK a little from watching her on the show, I find it harder to believe she told people that she had a guaranteed spot, or if she did maybe she was just joking?   She just seems a lot more humble/self-critical than I ever imagined she would be from social media and the things I read on this board.  I imagined she was going to be very arrogant and snooty, and she’s not like that at all IMO.  Like her “I’m just so relieved I’m not cut! - omg - what a relief!” scene doesn’t seem like a person who was told she was guaranteed a spot.

Unless of course she was told that later in TC after multiple office visits and felt safe - then they still cut her???  I actually could see that getting TK pretty upset if so. 

No.

2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I would actually be surprised if Kelli and Tina’s friendship escaped this completely unscathed. Friendships have ended over much less. When you bring someone’s kid into it, people get crazy. Even if they are still friends, I can’t imagine that their relationship wasn’t affected at all by this situation. 

Yeah but at the same time, if VK sabotaged her spot, then it's not up to Kelli and Tina would understand. I'm sure they're fine.

35 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

No.

Yeah but at the same time, if VK sabotaged her spot, then it's not up to Kelli and Tina would understand. I'm sure they're fine.

Not necessarily. Parents are blind sometimes when it comes to their kids, and even if the cut was justified, it’s perfectly naturally for Tina to feel negative emotions towards Kelli- those negative emotions could be minor and fleeting or more severe.  I’m not at all suggesting that Kelli and Tina aren’t friends anymore. If it were me, I’d be disappointed in my daughter if all the rumors are true, but it would be awkward for me with Kelli for awhile, and I’d need some space. But I’d get over it.... I tend to be pretty forgiving and level headed once I internally process  the emotions. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
Didn’t want anyone to think I was calling them naive!
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Not necessarily. Parents are blind sometimes when it comes to their kids, and even if the cut was justified, it’s perfectly naturally for Tina to feel negative emotions towards Kelli- those negative emotions could be minor and fleeting or more severe.  I’m not at all suggesting that Kelli and Tina aren’t friends anymore, I’m simply saying that for anyone to say their friendship wasn’t affected at all by these is naive and they probably don’t have kids. If it were me, I’d be disappointed in my daughter if all the rumors are true, but it would be awkward for me with Kelli for awhile, and I’d need some space. But I’d get over it.... I tend to be pretty forgiving and level headed once I internally process  the emotions. 

Sadly Victoria may have done to herself by gaining the weight and not wanting to work with the nutritionist and going to a doctor plus not willing to let current and former DCCs work with her. I think if she had an undiagnosed thyroid or other medical condition causing the weight gain, Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte would have been willing to help her. I think the whole lets bring in Victoria and Dayton into TC and "promise" them a spot on the squad is another storyline gone terribly bad at the expense of all involved especially Dayton and Victoria. I think Shelly and Dayton have handled it well. Dayton has step away and move on with a great new job opportunity and a chance to spread her wings away from the DCC World. She is proof positive a girl can succeed without sacrificing everything and sign her life completely over to Kelli and Charlotte in order to be a DCC. Too bad girls like Marlena and Victoria could not do the same thing.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 6/27/2018 at 5:22 PM, Smplsimon said:

Victoria shared with another TCC that Kelli already told her mom that she'll make the squad.

Is there really any proof to this accusation? I have seen it all over the board and I feel like it is just speculation and gossip. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

Is there really any proof to this accusation? I have seen it all over the board and I feel like it is just speculation and gossip. 

If true, that TCC, and/or whoever it was that she told that it got back to K&J, is a rat by the way.   I wonder if VK thought she was her friend and trusted her.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If true, that TCC, and/or whoever it was that she told that it got back to K&J, is a rat by the way.   I wonder if VK thought she was her friend and trusted her.

If Victoria was going around telling other girls she was guaranteed a spot on the team (I believe it,) she did it to herself. She would have been smart to keep the secret meeting between herself, Tina, Kelli and CMT to herself. I still think she is a victim of Kelli, Charlotte and CMT because she was just another storyline in my opinion, but to blame others like the girl(s) she told her secret to in my opinion, is wrong. Her mother being good friends with Kelli and being a possible legacy may have lead her to TC, but the way things have been played out and insider information, she got herself off the team.

35 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

I don’t doubt that it’s true Kelli made “promises” to Victoria if not a guarantee. Look at what she said to Malena, a girl she hardly knows, “if I didn’t think you were going to make the team I would tell you tonight so you can not make a dramatic decision. But I don’t think tonight needs to be your last night. And I would be surprised if you couldn’t make this team.” Kelli says she expects  that Malena  will make the team, it’s very close to a promise 

I can easily see Kelli saying the same (if i didn’t think you would make it, I would tell you) or more to Victoria. We’ve seen how blind Kelli is to Victoria. She may have thought she would have no issues making the team and told her as much.

I don’t see Kelli expecting she would have to tell Victoria to not gain excess weight and don’t lie about using help we provide for you. So that may have caught Kelli off guard and she had no choice but to cut her.

32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I could see Victoria telling everyone that she’s promised a place on the team. She has no filter, no self awareness and I doubt she could keep something like that a secret. 

Edited by rose711
Added last sentence
  • Love 1

Does VK or Dayton have younger sisters ?  The "Book of Manning" story came on again this AM - which took 3 boys to get back to football at Ole Miss. So even though didn't work for both VK/Dayton this season, who I'm guessing is the oldest girl in the family, I was just wondering if there another sibling warming up  to come in a few years.

46 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I know that nobody has delivered the smoking gun that absolutely proves this, so I understand folks being skeptical.  But it is very much true.  Victoria was promised a spot, was told what her story arc was going to be (so the "gee, I'm so nervous -- hope I make it!" that you see on the show was her playing the part), but then her massive weight gain and, worse, her lies to the powers that be meant they had no choice but to cut her.  The first two episodes were edited before Victoria's fall from grace and you can see for yourself how those episodes were setting her up as this superstar.

And if folks on here appear to have an axe to grind with VK, it's only because of how she treated the other girls during training camp.  Watch their faces when she's talking in a group or when she comes back from Kelli's office and they're sitting around waiting.  There's no love lost there at all, and when she was cut, there were (very discrete) celebrations that night among the girls.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I know that nobody has delivered the smoking gun that absolutely proves this, so I understand folks being skeptical.  But it is very much true.  Victoria was promised a spot, was told what her story arc was going to be (so the "gee, I'm so nervous -- hope I make it!" that you see on the show was her playing the part), but then her massive weight gain and, worse, her lies to the powers that be meant they had no choice but to cut her.  The first two episodes were edited before Victoria's fall from grace and you can see for yourself how those episodes were setting her up as this superstar.

And if folks on here appear to have an axe to grind with VK, it's only because of how she treated the other girls during training camp.  Watch their faces when she's talking in a group or when she comes back from Kelli's office and they're sitting around waiting.  There's no love lost there at all, and when she was cut, there were (very discrete) celebrations that night among the girls.  

I hope one day someone would write a tell all book spilling what is really going on behind the scenes.

I am starting to doubt Tara was cut due to weight. She may have had enough of Victoria getting the "superstar" editing to make it look like she deserve to make the team, and it got back to Kelli and Charlotte. I find it interesting Tara and Victoria were both cut around the same time.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope one day someone would write a tell all book spilling what is really going on behind the scenes.

I am starting to doubt Tara was cut due to weight. She may have had enough of Victoria getting the "superstar" editing to make it look like she deserve to make the team, and it got back to Kelli and Charlotte. I find it interesting Tara and Victoria were both cut around the same time.

Sadly, I think you're right and that she was cut for being "toxic" (although I haven't gotten any confirmation of that).

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I have no clue if any of this is true but it has made me wonder on more than one occasion if her trying out again next year may influence which veterans decide to stay or leave.  

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, sATL said:

Does VK or Dayton have younger sisters ?  The "Book of Manning" story came on again this AM - which took 3 boys to get back to football at Ole Miss. So even though didn't work for both VK/Dayton this season, who I'm guessing is the oldest girl in the family, I was just wondering if there another sibling warming up  to come in a few years.

They each have two brothers, no sisters.

Edited by sleepyjean
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I have no clue if any of this is true but it has made me wonder on more than one occasion if her trying out again next year may influence which veterans decide to stay or leave.  

I do not think girls will leave if she tries out again. How many of us deal with co-workers we cannot stand at all, but we do not quit.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think girls will leave if she tries out again. How many of us deal with co-workers we cannot stand at all, but we do not quit.

I can't speak for the girls but for me, for the amount of time involved and pay scale, if the fun & joy were sucked out of it and I felt like I have a company narc in my midst, it may not be worth it. 

• Love 11

I noticed a few posts saying that Dayton was promised a spot on the squad, but thought that was just something that was posted regarding Victoria.  I seriously doubt that Dayton was promised anything and that, in a way, she had to do MORE than everyone else (including other legacies) to prove that she deserved a spot in Training Camp, then had to do even more to show that she earned a spot on the squad.  From the way we're seeing it play out, Dayton seems to be the ONLY person at Training Camp who has to not only go above and beyond what the other girls are doing, but has to almost fight management to get an equal shake because it seems that Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte are so bound and determined NOT to be seen as showing favoritism/nepotism towards Dayton that they're being MORE critical and MORE harsh towards her.

The fact that they're not shown doing the same thing for Victoria and, in fact, seem to be showing MORE leniency towards, and MORE praise for, Victoria than pretty much anyone else in camp, at least from the editing, tells me that something was going on.   The only other person who got anywhere near the same level of praise and leniency was Cassie and look what happened with her, in terms of the generalized dislike towards her and the charges of nepotism (among other things) that were aimed towards the organization, especially as Cassie entered her 4th and 5th years on the squad.  The same thing is happening with Victoria.  In a way, I think neither Cassie nor Victoria would have even made Finals the first time(s) they auditioned for the squad if they didn't have the mothers they did because that connection, to me, was the only reason each girl made it into Training Camp.  Will we ever get an honest answer to the questions about Victoria's situation?  Probably not because it would not only cast doubt on the legitimacy of the auditions and the idea that every girl has the same opportunity to make it as every other girl and it would also cast doubt on Kelli's, Judy's and Charlotte's ability to be fair, honest judges who take different opinions into consideration.  If it's true that most of the other judges didn't want Victoria to move on to Finals, then into Training Camp but were shut down and told Victoria wasn't up for debate (and we saw in two episodes that there just might be a grain of truth to these rumors; how much I don't know), then that just shows some of the very things they want to keep hidden, mainly that it's not what you know, but who you know, that gets you into Training Camp (and possibly onto the squad).

• Love 14
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, did she get her job back at SMU after getting cut?

Following.. 

I sure would like to know what the conflict(s) was. I didn't see the need to resign the next business day after the meeting in Kelli's office- ie June. Hopefully the woman waited at least until July - a few more weeks of training camp.

• She is the office - the expectation to be at every SMU game seems a bit much. Especially at a away game. I would have gotten that straight with or without a DCC conflict .
  • College football started - like now 9/1. So just when was the conflict? She wouldn't have any DCC responsibilities until preseason - early August - when the team is announced. Any appearance before then are done by the veterans.
  • It's a little early to be worried about future non-game DCC appearances that conflicts with SMU after Sept. Make the DCC squad first.
  • "Recruiting Operations" - just whom are you assisting/helping/arranging recruiting in the summer? Other than welcoming the new freshman when SMU starts camp- and I would think that would be the mostly job of the football staff.  Now yes, when HS starts, you could be busy.. How much is her job outside of 9-5 M-F?
  • Does training camp meet alot (like the alumni session she missed) during 9-5 M-F ?
  • I am probably reading too much in when she said her mgr gave her an "ultimatum" regarding the schedule. I guess I don't like that tone, that implies towards an employee, who appears to be coming to you in a humble spirit. Esp. for day/time away in the future. I guess I expected the answer to be something - make sure your duties are covered, go w/o pay, work extra, etc.
  • Here are game the schedules - side by side.

5b94069d66e52_smuandcowboys.thumb.png.c7a0942890b3e4fa632314e1aa7e4f7b.png

Edited by sATL
37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

VK is not getting a superstar edit though, and her dancing is not that bad.  There have been way worse dancers who’ve made the squad, and way softer/non-DCC body girls as well.  Falling out of a turn happens to the best dancers sometimes - people on this board acting like those turn falls or that time she moved her foot completely define her dance ability (when they don’t), and if the edit is so “superstar” why did they even show that stuff? 

And any 22+ year old vet who would base their return decision, and/or jeapoardize their spot in the team, over one 18 year old girl’s “edit” or favoritism is even more idiotic than people are saying VK is.  It’s a squad of 36, not 10 - if you don’t like someone, just stay clear of them.

• Love 12