Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

My question is why is she a favorite? 

Yeah I’m wondering this too. No offense to Jessika but she’s a blender. Raylee basically got cut for blinking last year, but Jessika shows up every year doing whatever she does and makes it. Idgi 

• Love 15

I was trying to see Jalyn dance in those videos but without the flaming red hair I can't figure out which one she is.

Does anyone know off hand who has been point the past few seasons before Jenna?

5 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I was trying to see Jalyn dance in those videos but without the flaming red hair I can't figure out which one she is.

Jennifer who shown teaching the vets the finals routine on the show last Thursday.

11 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Jenn K, Holly, Mia, Whitney, Crystal (may have mixed up the order/forgot some in between) 

• Love 2

Not sure if this has been posted. From this post it sounds like she will not be reauditioning period. I know she wouldn’t as long as they were doing the show.  Good luck Dayton!! I’m sure she’ll be great.  

26E17981-6AFB-44D5-AB83-377A35CB6805.png

• Love 10
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I got to watch Gina and Kashara perform side by side this summer, and Gina out danced her. There was no comparison. I’m a big Kashara fan, but Gina smoked her. And everyone else on the field with her. She brings it 110% every time. Kashara is great at point and does a good job, not saying she doesn’t. 

The thing about point is u want ur best dancer with the ability to bring in the crowd. We all know the great dancers and good dancers however during a game the crowd just wants to be entertained. While I’m watching the videos they all do an awesome job and I don’t think in a stadium setting u can really discern the good from the great but u can see the pop and personality which is what Kashara brings. Some years the point has everything, best dance skill, best looks, best personality. Some years she doesn’t but Kashara comes closest. I think Lacey and Khalyn wud rock the position as well. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

Not sure if this has been posted. From this post it sounds like she will not be reauditioning period. I know she wouldn’t as long as they were doing the show.  Good luck Dayton!! I’m sure she’ll be great.  

26E17981-6AFB-44D5-AB83-377A35CB6805.png

Dayton got a great new job on a cruise ship. In my opinion, she got the better deal and opportunity with the cruise ship than being a DCC.

2 hours ago, jmarie said:

I think Tasha could be part of the triangle but i’m not sure about point... Gina’s the most qualified one.

I think you’re correct. She could definitely be part of the triangle, maybe point? She looked great out on the field. Gina is definitely most qualified. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Both Amber and Bridget made SG. So they both must be outstanding.  I recall Kelli commenting positively on Ciana during finals.  They called her Hawaii, which threw me off because she was with the Trail Blazers so I thought she was from Oregon.

Cianna grew up in Hawaii but moved to Oregon for college. She danced at Oregon State University for 4 years. After she graduated she moved to Portland and danced with the Trail Blazers for 2 years. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Trixi said:

The thing about point is u want ur best dancer with the ability to bring in the crowd. We all know the great dancers and good dancers however during a game the crowd just wants to be entertained. While I’m watching the videos they all do an awesome job and I don’t think in a stadium setting u can really discern the good from the great but u can see the pop and personality which is what Kashara brings. Some years the point has everything, best dance skill, best looks, best personality. Some years she doesn’t but Kashara comes closest. I think Lacey and Khalyn wud rock the position as well. 

Gina brings the same thing in person..... she and Kashara both do. I’ll have to watch Khalyn more closely. 

• Love 1

Did something happen between Sydney and Madeline Malloy?? they were so close last year - she worked for Syd and everything - and they didn't take any pics at MTT and i didn't see Syd congratulating her anywhere.  i'm probably reading into it too much LOL just odd to me. 

I love watching Tasha perform and she's gorgeous/telegenic but I don't see her in the triangle - i think she'll retire this year. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She filed her lawsuit nearly a year after her cut, and we’ve had insiders confirm that she was cut because of the Hall of Fame situation. 

was the case dismissed or did the organization settle out of court ?

Mileage obviously varies on who should be in the triangle/point. I think Maddie is beautiful (not the stereotypical DCC beautiful, but that’s a good thing to me), and the most fun for me to watch maybe only after Kashara.  I’d love to see her @ point. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I got to watch Gina and Kashara perform side by side this summer, and Gina out danced her. There was no comparison. I’m a big Kashara fan, but Gina smoked her. And everyone else on the field with her. She brings it 110% every time. Kashara is great at point and does a good job, not saying she doesn’t. 

Just because one smokes on the dance floor doesn't mean they have mass appeal, e.g. Holly P, Erica, Maddie (love her).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HateWatcher said:

I peaked at Stephanie's IG. She is an All Star. Who else has been asked this year? Did Jenna get dissed? 

I imagine Jinelle is to since she filled in for Yuko. Danielle and Nicole Bulcher May still be one. @ShellyB what’s the all star line up this year?

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2

I think Maddie is awesome.  I love her look and she’s clearly the best all around dancer on the team. 

I’m so intrigued by this whole Heather thing and being passed over for GL.  My theory is they have end of year surveys given to the girls to rate their leaders.  She must have been a terrible leader not to get asked again. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I imagine Jinelle is to since she filled in for Yuko. Danielle and Nicole Bulcher May still be one. @ShellyB what’s the all star line up this year?

What's the shelf life of an All Star?

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Bess and chantel 

OMG. Those 3 are gorgeous and poised beyond words. I can see how other girls where passed up.

13 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She filed her lawsuit nearly a year after her cut, and we’ve had insiders confirm that she was cut because of the Hall of Fame situation. 

She is in episodes last season....until the end. She was never cut. I am a insider have been part of the Cowboys family since 99. She is there go watch eps and you will see her. 

17 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Nothing impressive at this point ...look like average dancers... clean and that is about all that can be said, NO pop, NO spark just there 

So..business as usual..

16 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t see anyone really primed to be point except for Gina, since I’m sure Kashara and Lacey are retiring. Maybe Kelli Sullivan? Maddie is cute, but I just don’t see her at point. 

I'm thinking Amy. She's super pretty and is a great dancer 

15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like Holly Arielle came out of nowhere when they made her point. Maybe we’ll have another sleeper? 

Holly really did. When she was point, I was like "...who?" Smh

13 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I think Caroline is naturally pretty and someone that when she is made up properly is probably beautiful. I haven't seen enough of her currently to know for sure.

Caroline is very basic. I'm not being shady, but she looks very average, which I think is a good thing considering alot of people think you have to be GORGEOUS to get on this team (which she isnt).

10 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Man, I don't know how anyone can watch the videos above and say Kashara doesn't deserve to be point. That girl has more pop and sparkle and power to her dancing than anyone else on this squad by far; the only one who came close for me was Khalyn. I love Maddie but Khalyn would have looked amazing in the triangle with Lacey and Kash. Gina is super talented but even her dancing seems "fake" to me like her personality. I've read here she's nice in person but it just does not translate well through the show. Rookie Rachel is stunning in these videos as well.

Hot take: Lacey is a blender. Beautiful and talented, but a blender.

I agree. There really isn't anyone else who is just FUN to watch like she is. Mia was super fun to watch which is why I think she got point over others.

48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did something happen between Sydney and Madeline Malloy?? they were so close last year - she worked for Syd and everything - and they didn't take any pics at MTT and i didn't see Syd congratulating her anywhere.  i'm probably reading into it too much LOL just odd to me. 

I love watching Tasha perform and she's gorgeous/telegenic but I don't see her in the triangle - i think she'll retire this year. 

I'm thinking maybe she just got lost in the crowd and couldn't find her. I know that it has happened with other people. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Lovely ladies but just blah and totally off in timing ...and what is with everyone and the same dadgome hair style ?  There is no one that stands out ughhh gonna be a longggggg season.  Already for next year !

Alot of the Timing is based off the sound in the Stadium. It has the worst sound system, you can barely hear anything most of the time. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In the case of Erica, they were not going to cut her for her injuries unless her doctor said no more performing as a DCC. I heard they offered her an All-Star spot and were willing to send her out on appearances. She was cut for breaking a rule by sneaking out of the locker room in Canton and going out to the bleachers and sending out pictures of herself with the drink to some of her fellow DCCs. Jenna ratted her out to save her spot on the team. Of course Jenna probably told Erica she was forced to rat her out just like she was forced to rat out Holly even when Jenna was breaking a few rules herself. I am sure there is a lot more to the Erica/Holly/Jenna drama, but damage control has not stop some of the real story from coming out.

False! Jenna didnt rat anyone out. Stop the Jenna hate. Erica was never cut. smh NVM 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Does the 2GL choose the dances? If that was her only issue, then another season as a 2GL would have been the next step, not a demotion.

I agree SO much. I wouldn’t be particularly mad because Gina is one of their best dancers at the moment, but her facials are terrible and she just has something... Paris Hilton-y about her. And I definitely don’t think that a girl who honestly believes that others are jealous of her enough to say it in front of the cameras can actually become a true team player and leader and not follow Jenna’s path.

Tasha has won me over. She’s so much more powerful and looks amazing on the field. Rachel is still one of my favorite vets and has the same girl next door quality Dani had. Erin looks amazing this year-she went from no power at all to THIS in just one year? See VK, that’s how you do it! Kashara may not be the strongest dancer, but she’s the only performer they have on the squad (rookies excluded, haven’t seen enough). She draws you in and she looks like she truly enjoys it and she’s so “big and bold” without looking out of control (see VK, that’s how you do it). Aand all the rookies look good this year. 

Is Heather in Kashara’s group? That must be a slap in the face for Heather too.

Yesssss on the Paris Hilton vibes. I know we only get glimpses of these girls but she just strikes me as a mean girl. Granted an awesome dancer, but still. 

Well never know all the behind the scenes stuff that happens and obviously they don’t want to air out all the dirty laundry so I just assume there’s reasons behind all their choices. 

Yes on Tasha!! I remember when she was a rookie thinking oh geez she’s cheesy wth her pink lipstick and funny Instagram but now I think she’s really beautiful and turned out to be a great dancer 

• Love 3
Just now, 8dallas said:

False! Jenna didnt rat anyone out. Stop the Jenna hate. Erica was never cut. smh NVM 

So are you saying Erica quit before she got fired? Even DCC alumni have reported on Instagram during the initial days of her lawsuit that she was cut. 

Because your prior post about Erica quitting because she filed her lawsuit was completely incorrect. That lawsuit was filed almost a year after she either was cut or quit before she got fired. No disrespect intended, but the timeline of events are well documented and obvious. 

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, sATL said:

was the case dismissed or did the organization settle out of court ?

Its still on going. She is trying to change the way the system is. It makes sense the DCC make up a good amount of revenue for the Org. Its sad how they are treated even if it is their choice to tryout. They shouldnt be treated the way they are treated. 

15 minutes ago, sATL said:

speaking of ole' Jenna - putting aside Kelli departing speech about "lasting impressions" - I don't get why they hired her - to do what exactly? I don't remember if she went to school to learn a skill/career.

Seems like if you caused trouble once (even though she proclaimed to learn a lesson), you would want to keep your distance. Far, Far away from young impressionable cheerleaders. 

Unless it is a case of keep your enemies closer. Do the other departments have a non-fraternization policy with the players? 

Being an full-time employee means she is getting health care/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation, possible 401k contribution, not to mention a salary to maintain living near Dallas/the Star. Quite a jump from a professional cheerleaders salary...

Wait...are you saying Jenna is now working for the DCC?

1 minute ago, sugarplum said:

Wait...are you saying Jenna is now working for the DCC?

there was a post on one of the thread that she is working for either the DCC or the cowboys..

15 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So are you saying Erica quit before she got fired? Even DCC alumni have reported on Instagram during the initial days of her lawsuit that she was cut. 

Because your prior post about Erica quitting because she filed her lawsuit was completely incorrect. That lawsuit was filed almost a year after she either was cut or quit before she got fired. No disrespect intended, but the timeline of events are well documented and obvious. 

Erica was never cut that all I am trying to get across. The DCC alumni wouldnt speak on behalf of another DCC like that. unless it was that one chelsea chick who no one speaks to. She wasnt shown as much  as possible in the show due to CMT not wanting to be brought into the lawsuit by using her image. She is in the last episode of last season sitting in the front next to Jinelle. Also when Jenna is getting repremanded for not participating in the Pyramid formation which was mid season. 

Edited by 8dallas
2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Jalyn looks like a bad ass in her full length cameo!  Love it !

Yeah I was NOT a fan of hers when the pics of the candidates were posted here back in May, but she’s completely changed my mind. She’s an incredible dancer and I think her look has softened quite a bit.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

There were rumors last year around the time that she was cut that she was threatening legal action. Maybe that’s what the poster is referring to in why they didn’t air anything about her but yeah... the lawsuit was filed a few months ago so the timeline is off.

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

there was a post on one of the thread that she is working for either the DCC or the cowboys..

I think you’re confusing her with Jinelle. Other than being an alumni, I don’t think Jenna has any employment relationship with the Cowboys anymore. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Erica was never cut that all I am trying to get across. The DCC alumni wouldnt speak on behalf of another DCC like that. unless it was that one chelsea chick who no one speaks to. She wasnt shown in the show do to CMT not wanting to be brought into the lawsuit by using her image. she is in the last episode of last season sitting in the front next to Jinelle. 

I’m not going to argue, we can agree to disagree! 

Mods I’m moving on! 

Edited by PrincessLeia
Don’t want to be argumentative!
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Just in that 10 second comparison video in episode 3, Gina was a 10 and made Heather and Selina look like 3's. And that was just practice.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

There were rumors last year around the time that she was cut that she was threatening legal action. Maybe that’s what the poster is referring to in why they didn’t air anything about her but yeah... the lawsuit was filed a few months ago so the timeline is off.

I think you’re confusing her with Jinelle. Other than being an alumni, I don’t think Jenna has any employment relationship with the Cowboys anymore. 

ok. maybe so. I will delete my post as not to cause further confusion..

Just now, Stagecoach said:

Just in that 10 second comparison video in episode 3, Gina was a 10 and made Heather and Selina look like 3's. And that was just practice.

Yep. That’s what she does when you seem the squad dance in person.... I know everyone is sick of me loving on Gina, but I can’t stand the hate she gets! 

It'll be interesting to see if any of these rookies pick up the DCC style and become powerhouses like Gina. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sorry, but there were several former DCC, Misty Duncan comes directly to my mind, who outright posted on Instagram defending the DCC and saying that Erica was cut and that her lawsuit was sour grapes. Cassie also chimed in publicly, and maybe Sarah G. 

I’m not going to argue, we can agree to disagree! 

Mods I’m moving on! 

The 3 that you named are some of the biggest pets of the ORG. Those three as well asAlly will try to undermine other girls. Sarah is one of the most disliked DCCs. Misty was the Original Ally teachers pet. and Cassie....Cassie smh. Im not arguing either, just know the lawsuit looks bad on the Org. so ofcourse they will try to make Erica look bad when she isn't and was never cut.

6 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

The 3 that you named are some of the biggest pets of the ORG. Those three as well asAlly will try to undermine other girls. Sarah is one of the most disliked DCCs. Misty was the Original Ally teachers pet. and Cassie....Cassie smh. Im not arguing either, just know the lawsuit looks bad on the Org. so ofcourse they will try to make Erica look bad when she isn't and was never cut.

Ok, fair enough! We’ve veered far enough off topic. Sorry mods!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

Okay had to go back and look at the side by side dancing of Gina in the last episode.  Not a hater but not really a fan either. You guys are right damn it!! She is really strong! 

Be a fan! She’s so sweet!!!! Ha! Everyone is going to hate me on here. I will try and go one day without posting how much I love Gina. ??‍♀️

• Love 5