Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe it's one of those nights where the group leaders run the practice.  Gee, would sure like to see that on MTT - hint, hint:)

I know right me to would love to see how the group leaders run practices and how they interact with the Tccs 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I know right me to would love to see how the group leaders run practices and how they interact with the Tccs 

I also think the perspective would help show 

1) that when J/K come in the room the atmosphere changes 

2) whether or not the girls who say "oh i can do it perfectly in practice but y'all psych me out" to J/K are legit

Because the way CMT make it look J/K are there the whole time and they're not 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe it's one of those nights where the group leaders run the practice.  Gee, would sure like to see that on MTT - hint, hint:)

I highly doubt that it's a practice night especially with Taylor J and Dayton being at Sam's birthday party unless Kelli gave special permission for some girls to take the night off since they are friends with Sam

RE:  Roots

Could totally rock the inverse version of that look.....white-roots-dark-hair instead of dark-roots-blonde-hair.  That could be a thing, right?  No?  *sobs*

In other opinions:

VK's smile is gorgeous.  Whatever other problems she may or may not have, I seriously don't think the look is one of them.  Kelli and Judy's commentary regarding smiles are necessarily contextual for each girl, and each girl is going to rock something in an individual and different way.  Individuals are responsible for their own presentation and attitudes, and whether or not something is a fit for DCC isn't the determinant for whether something is beautiful, or interesting.  It just means it's not a fit for DCC.  That's all K&J are assessing.

The fact that VK's mother made a comment about one young lady looking like a grandma has resulted in a lot of vitriol for VK about her smile, which I find very strange.  My mom is absolutely amazing, but we are individuals with our own opinions and it would be exceptionally weird if I was bound by hers (she loves mustaches on men.  Tom Selleck got to her early.  I, however, find them to be alarming in general).  I'll venture a guess that's pretty much the case for everyone (opinions, not mustaches or smile preferences).

• Love 9
(edited)

As much as I would love to see a GL practice, I’m sure these nights without KJ or filming must be like hot cocoa for the TCCs souls ...to not worry as much and have a little of the pressure in the cooker released so they can learn, practice, and try to fix their mistakes   

Just rewatched S11   I feel so badly for Tamryn   She could be the love child of S11s Lauren and Kalyssa   Every time she is on, I think for a quick second it is one of the other two.

i know there are those that know more than I (since I know nothing),but I have wondered if Alexandra left after seeing the less than kind things said about her by a Judy, Kitty, and even Kelly when the show aired   

I wish  they actually had alternates   Tamryn and Brennan could have made it after all the seasons fall out    

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Where do you guys find all these TCC group photos?

In this case, I did a Google search for "Margaret Martinez DCC" and I got lucky :)

8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Meghan Martinez is number 22...i LOVED her. they thought she was 'muddy' looking.

That's a shame.  People I know of with the "muddy" look had it because they used too much green primer under their foundation.  If that was the case with her, it's a super easy fix.

6 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Victoria is really pretty. Margaret is not

I think Margaret is pretty, I think she has a little Nicole B thing going on (at least in that picture she does).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Margaret is pretty, I think she has a little Nicole B thing going on (at least in that picture she does).

I think she's pretty as well.  She reminds me of Nicole B a little...and maybe  a little of Madeline.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

When is the first preseason game? August? So am I correct in thinking that there’s probably one more month of training camp? 

The first home game is on 8/18. There probably is four to six more weeks left of TC.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The first home game is on 8/18. There probably is four to six more weeks left of TC.

Crap, that really gets dragged out to the end.  No wonder their nerves are on edge & we see lots of tears, I'd be crying too!

• Love 6

There was a scene in Season 3 where former DCC Megan Fox was working with the girls who were struggling. The girls responded to her well, and she was great with them. I would love to see her take over when Judy retires. I doubt Kelli would let some TC Candidates off so they could go celebrate her daughter's birthday because it might pissed off some people, and it would not be fair to the other girls. I just hope the poor girls were not stuck with Mentor Melissa for the night. UGH!!!

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Crap, that really gets dragged out to the end.  No wonder their nerves are on edge & we see lots of tears, I'd be crying too!

Yep, and it’s kind of absurd. I know they drag it out for the show, but there’s no reason why you need 2 months to figure out who should be on the team. I can’t imagine how draining it is for the girls who get cut at the very end to have spent 2 months at training camp, going every night, staying til past midnight, and learning all the sideline dances with nothing to show for it. Seems like you’re much better off getting cut at finals.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I feel the same about Maddie and Amy. Cute, but not DCC pretty, even with all the makeup. Gums and all, VK is atleast DCC pretty. 

20180625_2317041.png

Resized_20180625_231637.jpg

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

In this case, I did a Google search for "Margaret Martinez DCC" and I got lucky :)

That's a shame.  People I know of with the "muddy" look had it because they used too much green primer under their foundation.  If that was the case with her, it's a super easy fix.

Margaret is beautiful, and prettier or as pretty to me as Madeline, little Heather, Milan, Allie, Amy L, Keyra, Selina, Rachel, I could go on an on if we went back further.

• Love 8

Yeah I thought Margaret was decent looking, not ugly. There are plenty of girls on her level looks wise that have made the team. I liked her and felt so bad for her when she got cut. She was looking forward to the office visit to get some feedback and ended up getting cut. Like aww man lol she seemed so sweet. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There was a scene in Season 3 where former DCC Megan Fox was working with the girls who were struggling. The girls responded to her well, and she was great with them. I would love to see her take over when Judy retires.

I like the idea of her a lot better than Michelle, I don't like her choreography for the most part...and I'm sure Kelli & Judy really care what I think :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I like the idea of her a lot better than Michelle, I don't like her choreography for the most part...and I'm sure Kelli & Judy really care what I think :)

Michelle does not bug me much. She is better than Mentor Melissa in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Michelle does not bug me much. She is better than Mentor Melissa in my opinion.

I'm sure Michelle is a much better teacher.  Does Melissa do choreography?  I never heard if she did.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm sure Michelle is a much better teacher.  Does Melissa do choreography?  I never heard if she did.

Sorry, I meant Melissa to take over for Judy when she retires. Michelle is a better teacher and would make a better choreographer than Melissa ever will.

20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I’ve never been a fan of MK or her choreography...it all looks the same.  Same with Jennifer... it all looks the same.  I don’t think Mentor Melissa does choreography.  

• Love 2

Yes. Thank you for posting this- there’s not even a comparison. Hence my thoughts on wondering how Margaret even got into training camp, especially that year.

On another note, look I’m not a Tina Kalina fan, but Chandler did have a major grandma factor. She had wrinkles in her 20s. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Sorry, I meant Melissa to take over for Judy when she retires. Michelle is a better teacher and would make a better choreographer than Melissa ever will.

Since Judy is the choreographer and Melissa doesn't do that, I don't think you have to worry :)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, wingsandlevijeans said:

Taylor Roshea (prelims auditionee) is having surgery on Friday to repair a torn ACL that occurred during a mavs prep class according to her IG story, sending prayers! 

(Picture for memory) 

She’s so pretty! Hope she has a quick recovery!

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yes. Thank you for posting this- there’s not even a comparison. Hence my thoughts on wondering how Margaret even got into training camp, especially that year.

On another note, look I’m not a Tina Kalina fan, but Chandler did have a major grandma factor. She had wrinkles in her 20s. 

And even if she were Tobie-esque, her dancing lacked. Not trying to be mean, she just wasn’t a powerful dancer to me. I think her makeover didn’t do any favors. They should have given her long blond or darker extensions and some bangs. I hope she is off doing bigger and fun things. 

• Love 3

I tried looking up Chandler when I was posting earlier and, if I found the right one (Chandler Carlson was the one I found), she went on to cheer for the Houston Texans for a while and is now working for them as a Club Seat Coordinator (and was both an LSSE Marketing and Events Intern and the LSSE Marketing Coordinator with the Texans).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I tried looking up Chandler when I was posting earlier and, if I found the right one (Chandler Carlson was the one I found), she went on to cheer for the Houston Texans for a while and is now working for them as a Club Seat Coordinator (and was both an LSSE Marketing and Events Intern and the LSSE Marketing Coordinator with the Texans).

Based on this tweet I think you've got the right person

3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I tried to find a picture of her as an HTC but I couldn't.  Has anybody seen one?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I think the issue that VK's mom brought up regarding Chandler was because when Chandler smiled, she always smiled this huge, 100 watt smile that lit up the room but also scrunched her face. I always thought that was something Chandler could've focused on and fixed if someone would only bring it to her attention, not just make catty comments behind the scenes.

Anyway, different (in my opinion) from VK's situation. She's got a gummy smile for sure, but she doesn't scrunch her face. 

I just recently rewatched that season and Melissa did bring it up. She filmed a handful of them dancing and her critique for Chandler was that she only made one face. 

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

That is Chandler and she cheered for the University of Texas, but not for the Houston Texans as far as I know.

I thought the uniform wasn't quite right for the Texans.  I'll keep looking but am having a hard time finding rosters from the previous seasons (though I did find an article from 2014 that listed the cheerleaders and she wasn't on it).

39 minutes ago, 18Miami said:

That is a pic of Chandler.  It was COLBY who they said looked like a Grandma from Training Camp 2013. 

No, they thought she looked like she had a lot of work done, Chandler was the one that Tina Kalina said looked like a grandma.

• Love 18

Hi there! I've never posted and hope that this is the correct location. I went back through most of the posts since last Thursday and didn't see mention of what I'm about to state. 

Last Friday night 6/22, I was up late flipping through channels. To my greatest surprise between 1:00--3:00AM, CMT was showing the first 2 episodes of last season "DCC:..Making the Team". I was beyond happy & excited!! They showed Episode 1&2.

IDK if this is going to be a weekly showing or if it was just a space filler. Did anyone else happen to see it? I sure wish CMT would start showing all of the episodes from back in the day every afternoon like they did in 2013. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Spoiler for Season 13! I talked to Nicole Bulcher at her Bar Method studio the other day after a class. She said that a CMT producer contacted her about filming for a "Where Are They Now" segment for the upcoming season about some of the alumni. Just thought I'd share! :)

It's funny but I remember other alumni saying things like that in the past and yet, if they do interview the gals, it's never shown.  Maybe they plan on changing that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Teresa said:

Spoiler for Season 13! I talked to Nicole Bulcher at her Bar Method studio the other day after a class. She said that a CMT producer contacted her about filming for a "Where Are They Now" segment for the upcoming season about some of the alumni. Just thought I'd share! :)

Hitting the little heart just didn't seem like a big enough response....so here is my cheer - YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

No, they thought she looked like she had a lot of work done, Chandler was the one that Tina Kalina said looked like a grandma.

Ahhhh ... poor Chandler!!

I think Victoria does look prettier with her makeup, and it's not surprising that as a high school student, she didn't have great makeup skills and just piled on too much, in the wrong shades, with awful lashes, with too much tanning, and overly bleached hair. She's been obsessed with the DCC her whole life and was trying to mimic the glam with her untrained hand. She appears to be applying the lessons and feedback in appearance she has received. When Megan M got cut from season 3, part of what K and J discussed with each other was, "How many times do we have to tell her" to lighten up the muddy makeup? So, she'd received feedback and a makeover and didn't run with either. Rainer also said she had the most difficult makeover of the day and he was not entirely satisfied with the results. A gorgeous dancer, though.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

I think Victoria does look prettier with her makeup, and it's not surprising that as a high school student, she didn't have great makeup skills and just piled on too much, in the wrong shades, with awful lashes, with too much tanning, and overly bleached hair. She's been obsessed with the DCC her whole life and was trying to mimic the glam with her untrained hand. She appears to be applying the lessons and feedback in appearance she has received. When Megan M got cut from season 3, part of what K and J discussed with each other was, "How many times do we have to tell her" to lighten up the muddy makeup? So, she'd received feedback and a makeover and didn't run with either. Rainer also said she had the most difficult makeover of the day and he was not entirely satisfied with the results. A gorgeous dancer, though.

What happened to Rainer? And then they went to Bobby and now Marshall, I've always wondered why they switched salons. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

What happened to Rainer? And then they went to Bobby and now Marshall, I've always wondered why they switched salons. 

he's still in the area! No falling out with DCC, just some changes when Premier was bought by Halycon.  i actually follow him on IG and just love him haha He came across kind of snippy and grouchy on the show but it seems like he is actually a really fun, chill person...seems to do a lot with his family, very hands on dad.  He owns his own salon now.  I love it when he posts pics of the colors and styles he does...so talented!! 

12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Could this be her?  It certainly LOOKS like her.  

Chandler.jpeg

yup! she has a lot more pictures on her FB account (think most recent public ones are a couple years old tho).  I always thought she was cute but she does have an older look to her in my opinion.  She had one of the best bodies tho!! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

I think Victoria does look prettier with her makeup, and it's not surprising that as a high school student, she didn't have great makeup skills and just piled on too much, in the wrong shades, with awful lashes, with too much tanning, and overly bleached hair. She's been obsessed with the DCC her whole life and was trying to mimic the glam with her untrained hand. 

I keep hoping Victoria gets cut, but sadly she may end up being a multi year vet. I hope her on TV persona makes up for how judgy I feel about her currently.

Chandler looks hella cute in that photo. Too bad she did not make the squad. I think that smile of hers was more due to nerves.

As an aside, WHY on Earth is Margaret wearing a phallic blue pendant? It looks like a portable sex toy.

• Love 3