Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

I get the the girls want to retire when they feel their heart is ready to retire, but I don't understand how 4th year girls retire when they have  one more year to hit a milestone. Rookies get their pinky ring which a milestone and 5th yeArs get their necklace charm. and yes it may be tacky but it's still a milestone.  And I see no sense retiring that close to a milestone. Maybe it's just me who is thinking this, but that's my opinion. 

As as a side note, if Lacey, Amy and Kashara retire the most senior vets will be the 4th year class. Has there been a time when the squad didn't have 5th, 6th years and beyond as upper vets? 

That's exactly what i've been thinking. We can also assume that a good chunk of the current 3rd years will leave (not that we have that many),so we may not get another 5th year the next 2 years.

4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

No shade, is Tasha amazing and I missed the memo? Lol I always thought she was middle of the veteran pack. 

I think she improved considering that she made showgroup, but I still think that the quality has dropped overall. We used to have way too many top girls to choose from and now honestly, most of the girls are, well, blenders.

As for Kashara, i don't think she should stay for another year as she might end up overstaying her welcome as Jenna. I really like her and if this was her first year as point and GL i would definitely expect her to stay. But she already got point for two years (assuming she wasn't demoted with no reason), pbc, gl1 for two years and showgroup.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That's exactly what i've been thinking. We can also assume that a good chunk of the current 3rd years will leave (not that we have that many),so we may not get another 5th year the next 2 years.

I think she improved considering that she made showgroup, but I still think that the quality has dropped overall. We used to have way too many top girls to choose from and now honestly, most of the girls are, well, blenders.

As for Kashara, i don't think she should stay for another year as she might end up overstaying her welcome as Jenna. I really like her and if this was her first year as point and GL i would definitely expect her to stay. But she already got point for two years (assuming she wasn't demoted with no reason), pbc, gl1 for two years and showgroup.

I've been going thru my list of vets  and I'm  trying to put together my "list" of who I think may retire after this season (besides the ones who say this is their last season..ie KaShara).  My daughter is just rolling her eyes at me, lol! 

I'm hoping the new rookies this year will knock things out of the park and bring a spark back to the squad that was missing last year.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

I've been going thru my list of vets  and I'm  trying to put together my "list" of who I think may retire after this season (besides the ones who say this is their last season..ie KaShara).  My daughter is just rolling her eyes at me, lol! 

I'm hoping the new rookies this year will knock things out of the park and bring a spark back to the squad that was missing last year.  

I think it will be Lacey Kashara an Amy who will probably retire maybe Tasha 

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think it will be Lacey Kashara an Amy who will probably retire maybe Tasha 

I have Lacey, KaShara, Amy, Heather, and Tasha so far.  If Christina doesn't get any stronger this year, then I could see her possibly retiring before she runs the risk of being cut for her 3rd season.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I have Lacey, KaShara, Amy, Heather, and Tasha so far.  If Christina doesn't get any stronger this year, then I could see her possibly retiring before she runs the risk of being cut for her 3rd season.  

Do you think Lexi will Retire since she is now engaged or do u think she will try out for 3rd season 

• Love 1

I agree with the poster who said last season seemed completely contrived. I definitely think they were trying to make everything seem perfect given the exits of Mandy, Holly, Erica and all the drama with Jenna.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Do you think Lexi will Retire since she is now engaged or do u think she will try out for 3rd season 

I think she will give it at least one more season.  I hope so at least!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I agree with the poster who said last season seemed completely contrived. I definitely think they were trying to make everything seem perfect given the exits of Mandy, Holly, Erica and all the drama with Jenna.

My memory is drawing a blank, who is Mandy and what happened with her

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

My memory is drawing a blank, who is Mandy and what happened with her

Mandy is the blonde who went on Calendar shoot and decided afterwards to not audition because there was discussion about her weight and she did not want CMT to air it.  At least thats what I read on this board. 

74fc9c771273e0b4b424ddbf655e87de.jpg

32733736035_89bb52d651_b.jpg

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Mandy is the blonde who went on Calendar shoot and decided afterwards to not audition because there was discussion about her weight and she did not want CMT to air it.  At least thats what I read on this board. 

74fc9c771273e0b4b424ddbf655e87de.jpg

32733736035_89bb52d651_b.jpg

She went on to be the director for the Oakland Raiderettes 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think this is the downside to having so much involvement from a production standpoint from the DCCs and the Cowboys organization. Last year should’ve been the most interesting season in a long, long time. Nothing that the team went through was all that crazy or something that many places of employment haven’t been through.

It’s not unusual to have ppl like Holly, who are highly talented but also immature and make bad decisions. It’s not unusual to have ppl like Jenna and Erica, also highly talented and very senior, screw up. Ppl who have been employed at places the longest are often the ones who break rules because they have seen what other ppl can get away with, and they get too comfortable in their positions. Ppl like Mandy can get upset and leave- that happens. It’s also not unusual to have bosses like Kelli who have let indiscretions slide in the past, and then it all comes to a head eventually (I think drama with E. Elliot is what caused this particular situation to come to a head but that’s speculation on my part). 

All of this could’ve been really interesting had they just let it play out. None of them are bad people. They’re just not perfect, which is ok. But they (the organization IMO) were so busy trying to control how viewers would perceive the events, that the season just ended up being an obviously contrived mess.

I’ll move on though since this thread is supposed to be about the new season.

• Love 18
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It will depend on when the wedding is.  If she's planning on next year then I think Lexie would probably retire unless she's one heck of a multi tasker!! I hope she does though because I really like her :) 

Edited by Kayce
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Looking at the current 3rd years - here's what I'm thinking

Heather - if she doesn't retire after this season she will most likely retire during her 5th year. But I think this is her last season. 

Jessika - she's a blender and if she doesn't improve she might get cut instead of retiring (Raylee and little heather situation) but she will keep auditioning

Kelli Q - I think 5 years 

Khalyn - I think 5 years 

Maddie - She might retire this year just because of other opportunities for her teaching and dance choreography 

Tasha - her family moved here so I believe she will stay as long as she can

Tess - this might be her last year but I think she can be convinced to stay by K&J

Yuko - I think Yuko will stay as long as she can because it seems that they want her on the team. However if she stays 5 years or beyond I don't know how she will be a group leader because of her dance ability and language barriers. However 5 years in the US speakin English should make her more fluent. 

What at does everyone else think? 

• Love 1

I think Season 12 was all about damage control and Jerry Jones induction into the Hall of Fame and the new building. In my opinion, it was all about the spotlight being on Jerry Jones and taking care of the drama behind the scene aka Holly/Jenna/Erica because *gasp* we cannot have anything happening which will reflect badly on the Cowboys and DCC Organization  in relations to Jerry Jones. Remember it is a privilege not a honor to be part of the Cowboys Organization. Do not do anything to make us look bad before and after Canton. The season ended up being about the DCC drama behind the scenes and the promotion of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. Nothing wrong with that, but still...

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Victoria and Dayton will be ratings makers.  I still wish Sam was with them this year.  That would have been the best!!

Honestly I don't think anyone cares that much for their ratings to spike other than the people who've already been watching the show. 

• Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Heather - if she doesn't retire after this season she will most likely retire during her 5th year. But I think this is her last season. 

Jessika - she's a blender and if she doesn't improve she might get cut instead of retiring (Raylee and little heather situation) but she will keep auditioning

Khalyn - I think 5 years 

Maddie - She might retire this year just because of other opportunities for her teaching and dance choreography 

Tess - this might be her last year but I think she can be convinced to stay by K&J

Yuko - I think Yuko will stay as long as she can because it seems that they want her on the team. However if she stays 5 years or beyond I don't know how she will be a group leader because of her dance ability and language barriers. However 5 years in the US speakin English should make her more fluent. 

I think you have great rationalizations! I would love to see Heather, Khalyn, Yuko, and Madeline stay for 5 years.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Khalyn - I think 5 years 

I thought Yuko sounded great during her first podcast during the calendar shoot. She spoke well, and her English was spot on! I think Robin and Yuko are my two favorite DCCs when it came to the podcast . In fact, I would love for her to take over the podcasts instead of having Shannon and Courtney. She would do a much better job.

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

What is Kelli Q’s occupation? Depending on what it is, she may be nearing the age where she’s looking to transition and focus on her real job full time.

She is a teacher.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Watch it be the obligatory "we are going to cut it all off and color it dark brown, not really just teasing" segment they always do. 

I loathe that.  Seriously, these girls are already incredibly nervous and it's just not fair to play with their feelings that way.  I think it's especially traumatic for girls who have spent years growing out their hair, and who might end up seeing nearly 10 years' worth laying on the salon floor.  I'm definitely biased about this though:  my hair is very dark but I went too blonde with some highlights and it got really damaged.  It was nearly down to my hips and when I went in to trim off some of the worst damage, the stylist cut it to just below shoulder length.  I'm not willing to admit how long I cried over it for, but it was really, really hard.  I've been growing it back ever since, and that was almost 5 years ago now and it still hasn't gotten anywhere close to being that long again. I remember poor Jinelle when they were talking about lopping off so much of her hair, and she was so afraid - I seriously wanted to jump through the screen and give her a hug lol

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Don't know if it's going to be Christina, but they seem to have a pattern of cutting one 1yr and one 3rd lately so I expect the same mext year too.

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Hopefully she will do an Amy and stay for another year. 

I know that it's still the beginning of TC18, but I honestly am so curious to see what tc19 will look like. If all the upper vets leave, i can't imagine who the GL and triangle will be. I'm getting ahead of myself, but I need some new info NOW!

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I do agree on the whole!

Jessika - to me she's a blender but 1) apparently she is actually a v strong dancer 2) I feel some girls for me (like previous vet Jessika) start out as blenders and emerge super strong. GL Amy is another example for me. 3) I feel like some girls we think of as blenders because they're hardly featured on CMT but they're actually really critical members of the squad and it's hard for us to gauge. 

Tasha - I feel like this will be her last season. I don't know why but I feel like she'll be done after this one.

Yuko - according to the girls on the podcast her English is really good now. 

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Don't know if it's going to be Christina, but they seem to have a pattern of cutting one 1yr and one 3rd lately so I expect the same mext year too.

Hopefully she will do an Amy and stay for another year. 

I know that it's still the beginning of TC18, but I honestly am so curious to see what tc19 will look like. If all the upper vets leave, i can't imagine who the GL and triangle will be. I'm getting ahead of myself, but I need some new info NOW!

We are cut from the same cloth!  I must know!  I like Christina...and I hope she isn't a cut next year. I think she will be safe this season...I just don't know about next year :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Season 12 was all about damage control and Jerry Jones induction into the Hall of Fame and the new building. In my opinion, it was all about the spotlight being on Jerry Jones and taking care of the drama behind the scene aka Holly/Jenna/Erica because *gasp* we cannot have anything happening which will reflect badly on the Cowboys and DCC Organization  in relations to Jerry Jones. Remember it is a privilege not a honor to be part of the Cowboys Organization. Do not do anything to make us look bad before and after Canton. The season ended up being about the DCC drama behind the scenes and the promotion of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. Nothing wrong with that, but still...

Love this preach !  ?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I loathe that.  Seriously, these girls are already incredibly nervous and it's just not fair to play with their feelings that way.  I think it's especially traumatic for girls who have spent years growing out their hair, and who might end up seeing nearly 10 years' worth laying on the salon floor.  I'm definitely biased about this though:  my hair is very dark but I went too blonde with some highlights and it got really damaged.  It was nearly down to my hips and when I went in to trim off some of the worst damage, the stylist cut it to just below shoulder length.  I'm not willing to admit how long I cried over it for, but it was really, really hard.  I've been growing it back ever since, and that was almost 5 years ago now and it still hasn't gotten anywhere close to being that long again. I remember poor Jinelle when they were talking about lopping off so much of her hair, and she was so afraid - I seriously wanted to jump through the screen and give her a hug lol

OMG I know....she looked terrified when the talk started about a bob...then the other guy stepped in and told them what he would do.  You could see the relief flood her face and the master stylist didn't appear too happy about it.  Oh well...she kept her hair :) 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Love this preach !  ?

I should have said it is a honor and a privilege not a right to be part of the Cowboys and DCC Organizations.

My thoughts about the hairstyles. I do agree cutting Jinelle's hair to a bob style would have not been the best idea, but the majority of the girls in my opinion, would look better with shorter hair and in some cases, bangs. I like girls with shorter hair like Tia Williams, Jordan Baum, current DCC Amy, Mackenzie in her last year, and Holly because they did not have the same one hair style fits all the majority of the girls usually have.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
8 hours ago, tajalexander said:

No shade, is Tasha amazing and I missed the memo? Lol I always thought she was middle of the veteran pack. 

It's always interesting at a new season. I'm of two minds. 1) Were they always fabulous and just not able to move up because more senior vets or 2) are they just moving up due to seniority.

There are two things I have faith in about DCC.

1) Judy's triangle placement is the most reliable and honest indicator of dance ability. (Kashara at point was an aberration-lightning struck three times in quick succession for her to be up there.)

2) Those on field videos don't lie.

That why I was so impressed with Maddie, Cersten, and Maggie. They stepped right to the front as second years.

Also, unless you're in the front it's really hard to really see how you are doing. Therefore, it's impossible to know who's really bringing it as a rookie, because they are all in the back.

Khalyn will finally move up this year, due to being a 2GL. ( I actually think she might make the triangle. That makes sense diversity wise.) BUT I suspect Yuko, Jessika, etc. will remain in the back.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 4

This is probably the first year where I have no idea who will be in the triangle with Kashara and Lacey. In past years, there was always some indication of who would move up, but this year...... I’m skeptical that Amy will be up there. I kinda find her to be similar to Jinelle in the sense that they won’t put her up front and will always try to hide her. I could see Khalyn and maybe Tasha, though I don’t find her to be the best dancer. Don’t really see Maddie in the triangle either, but maybe. There aren’t a ton of options.

As for point, I would love to see Lacey up there, but I don’t see them demoting Kashara. Even last year when Kashara wasn’t there, they put Jenna back at point, knowing that she was retiring at the end of the year. They didn’t even test Lacey in the position, which is different than the prior year when they tested Jenna at point when Jenn K was out. I just don’t think they see her as having enough pop. But, we shall see! 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, hypeman said:

That why I was so impressed with Maddie, Cersten, and Maggie. They stepped right to the front as second years.

Could not possibly agree more.

It would not surprise me if Maddie makes the triangle.  Not saying there aren't other options, but Maddie's growth as a DCC has kept me cheering her on since she made the team.

• Love 9

I just don't think Maddie has the right look for the triangle, from a production/photo standpoint. Lacey & Kash are gorgeous & Maddie is cute to moderately pretty at best in photos, & less so when she has her gigantic smile on. Heather O is a much better choice visually speaking, I think, as far as face & body goes & how she would look in the triangle with Kash & Lacey. I think Tess could go behind the point. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This is probably the first year where I have no idea who will be in the triangle with Kashara and Lacey. In past years, there was always some indication of who would move up, but this year...... I’m skeptical that Amy will be up there. I kinda find her to be similar to Jinelle in the sense that they won’t put her up front and will always try to hide her. I could see Khalyn and maybe Tasha, though I don’t find her to be the best dancer. Don’t really see Maddie in the triangle either, but maybe. There aren’t a ton of options.

As for point, I would love to see Lacey up there, but I don’t see them demoting Kashara. Even last year when Kashara wasn’t there, they put Jenna back at point, knowing that she was retiring at the end of the year. They didn’t even test Lacey in the position, which is different than the prior year when they tested Jenna at point when Jenn K was out. I just don’t think they see her as having enough pop. But, we shall see! 

I think Maddie will definitely be up front in the triangle this year.  I bet she proved herself at this years auditions that she deserves to be.  As for KaShara, I bet she is still at point.  Although, I would love to see Lacey be up there, even if they can share the spot!  Maybe have them split it, each do half the season.  But I am sure its just wishful thinking! =)

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I just don't think Maddie has the right look for the triangle, from a production/photo standpoint. Lacey & Kash are gorgeous & Maddie is cute to moderately pretty at best in photos, & less so when she has her gigantic smile on. Heather O is a much better choice visually speaking, I think, as far as face & body goes & how she would look in the triangle with Kash & Lacey. I think Tess could go behind the point. 

This is really the only reason why I’m skeptical that Maddie will be in the triangle. She certainly has the dance ability, so it’s not that.

I always forget about Heather. She’s a blender to me. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

It feels weird referring to Madeline as Maddie. Lol Even if that's what she's always been called by people, I guess I got used to her being Madeline the first 2 times she made it to TC. I agree about her look. She's cute but not a beauty to me. Although she is a great dancer. I'm happy about her being a group leader. 

And I don't think that's a great close up of Mad on the wall. Erica's wasn't too great last year either. I think that close up of any girl there would be too much. It was better in the old studio with different girl's cameo shots. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

It's always interesting at a new season. I'm of two minds. 1) Were they always fabulous and just not able to move up because more senior vets or 2) are they just moving up due to seniority.

There are two things I have faith in about DCC.

1) Judy's triangle placement is the most reliable and honest indicator of dance ability. (Kashara at point was an aberration-lightning struck three times in quick succession for her to be up there.)

2) Those on field videos don't lie.

Also, unless you're in the front it's really hard to really see how you are doing. Therefore, it's impossible to know who's really bringing it as a rookie, because they are all in the back.

Khalyn will finally move up this year, due to being a 2GL. ( I actually think she might make the triangle. That makes sense diversity wise.) BUT I suspect Yuko, Jessika, etc. will remain in the back.

If I remember correctly, show group members are the ones who are in front of the triangle. Seniority also plays a role in where Judy places the girls.

Prediction. You read it here first.

Khalyn will be in show group

I view her very similar to Kashara. The ladies who were the standouts from day one have retired giving her room to shine.

For Kashara it was Amy T., Megan, Jax, and Holly. She didn't ascend until they were all gone. Now Robin's gone too.

Likewise, Khalyn has outlasted Cersten, Maggie, and Mandy.

I view them both as blender pluses. They don't push anyone out of the way to get to the front, they are pushed from behind forward.

And yes Khalyn will definitely benefit from being gorgeous AND being the only WOC vet (who is a good dancer)

Yuko go have a seat next to Savannah.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If I remember correctly, show group members are the ones who are in front of the triangle. Seniority also plays a role in where Judy places the girls.

IIRC, I believe the SG girls are also featured along the sides of the triangle since they are the most visible.

I think Jessika is one of the prettier girls in photographs too. She made the swimsuit calendar first time eligible, which surprised me. I’ve heard she’s great on appearances as well.

Shes probably just someone who gets lost to us since she isn’t a big social media prescience and doesn’t cause drama. The team can always use reliable, beautiful, low drama members. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Maddie is probably the most surprising to me, just because she’s one of the younger ones - I would’ve guessed that Kelli would be the first leader and Maddie the second. However, Maddie does teach a lot of classes, so she’ll probably be a strong leader. I guess Lacey and Jenna were around the same age when they first became leaders. 

I will say that while I think all of these girls are likeable, this group still underwhelms me - from the tryouts solo snippets that we got from the vets to the group leaders - just all around, it seems like a step back from past years. I’m hoping that this rookie group is super impressive. 

My first thoughts are that this rookie group will be super impressive. A lot came from other teams and and college pom squads. I feel like they will have more power as a whole which is what the squad needs.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think that close up of any girl there would be too much. It was better in the old studio with different girl's cameo shots. 

I don't mind some of the group shots.  It was a nice change.  But the single faces are a tad large and can be more than distracting.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I view her very similar to Kashara. The ladies who were the standouts from day one have retired giving her room to shine.

For Kashara it was Amy T., Megan, Jax, and Holly. She didn't ascend until they were all gone. Now Robin's gone too.

I view them both as blender pluses. They don't push anyone out of the way to get to the front, they are pushed from behind forward.

And yes Khalyn will definitely benefit from being gorgeous AND being the only WOC vet (who is a good dancer)

Lol at the bold. 

I think Khalyn will be featured a lot this year. The team always has at least one WOC who is heavily visible each year (Nicole, Mia, Jackie, Jacie, Jenna the last couple of years, Robyn to an extent last year). I don’t think Khalyn is as strong a dancer as any of them, but she’s one of the best vets remaining, and she’s glamorous. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think Jessika is one of the prettier girls in photographs too. She made the swimsuit calendar first time eligible, which surprised me. I’ve heard she’s great on appearances as well.

Shes probably just someone who gets lost to us since she isn’t a big social media prescience and doesn’t cause drama. The team can always use reliable, beautiful, low drama members. 

I don't know much about Jessika or her dancing but I don't think she's that photogenic. I wasn't impressed with any of her swimsuit photos this year. A model, she's not...but neither are a lot of the girls. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, hypeman said:

In past years, I might have agreed on Yuko but I don't now. The calendar shoot this year showed how beautiful and relaxed she's become in front of the camera. Her English has improved, she has more confidence, and seems to feel much more at home with her teammates. She'll never be in the triangle and her dancing is not the best but I think she's much better than Savannah overall any day of the week.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

She posted an Insta-story last year where she was mocking Hispanic culture by dressing in stereotypical Mexican garb, including wearing an oversized sombrero and a fake mustache.  Why she wasn't removed from the squad is beyond me.

Um that doesn't sound "racist"... She was probably just playing around and being funny. She's the type that is always making people laugh. She probably didn't even mean anything of it. People throw "fiesta" parties all the time and dress up like Mexican men. It's just fun, not racist. Not everything has to be offensive.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Um that doesn't sound "racist"... She was probably just playing around and being funny. She's the type that is always making people laugh. She probably didn't even mean anything of it. People throw "fiesta" parties all the time and dress up like Mexican men. It's just fun, not racist. Not everything has to be offensive.

So if you're "playing around and being funny," it's not racist?  Huh??

• Love 3
Just now, Smplsimon said:

So if you're "playing around and being funny," it's not racist?  Huh??

It's not racist because it's not racist. She was not being mean to Hispanic people, she was just dressing up for a "fiesta". We're in Texas... It's a pretty common thing. She wasn't using negative language and wasn't doing anything prejudiced

She was having fun. Someone else mentioned here that it was her whole group dressing up. If you don't like Kashara that's fine, but it's not fair to single her out and think she should've "gotten kicked off".

• Love 21