Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 5/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, MrsEVH said:

Maybe they need a social media meeting like Kelli did on a previous season.

I picked a TCC because one happened to cross my feed at that moment, but current DCC do it all the time. 

• Love 1

Is Kass blacklisted or something for NFL cheer teams?? she has tried out for MDC (last year, i believe), DCC...never made the squads but wasn't she some rockstar on mavs?? i remember seeing her leading prep classes and doing choreo.  She's beautiful, in shape, can dance and seems mature.  wonder what i am missing. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is Kass blacklisted or something for NFL cheer teams?? she has tried out for MDC (last year, i believe), DCC...never made the squads but wasn't she some rockstar on mavs?? i remember seeing her leading prep classes and doing choreo.  She's beautiful, in shape, can dance and seems mature.  wonder what i am missing. 

I totally agree!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

LOL IDK why this is so funny to me. These girls know the dangers; they will do what they want.

True, they WILL do what they want, but texting is against the law in Texas. I think there has always been a distraction law. Hard to enforce, but still illegal now. I think something  should be said to them if they are posting themselves doing something illegal. 

Edited by Jesslyn
Clarification
  • Love 2

Maybe you guys can help me out, I have a couple of questions:

1. Do DCC's that are cut go to alumni functions?? I know technically they are alumni but I never see the ones that were cut at these gatherings. 

2. How many of our favorite DCC's made the team on their first try?? I know Abigail Klein did, does anybody else come to mind?

(edited)
16 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

#2 might be Tara

I think you're thinking of Tara's solo outfit from last year :-) She wore black this year.

5b0aed00b54c2_TaraDCC-65.thumb.jpg.a33e07932b45953f187fdabf3a0c0ef1.jpg

5b0aed8ac1810_TaraSzybilloDJC_1433.thumb.jpg.b09ad42e89cf0d0619c413a66fa2e69e.jpg

14 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

#7 was a Mavs Dancer she did not make it to TC

Thanks!

14 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I think #2 is

I'm pretty sure this is Daphne. The search continues!

5b0aed34b6c02_DaphneJanesdsc_0620.thumb.jpg.9c6cf5a2561fdc7835cf316ba44e676c.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, adukesantana said:

Maybe you guys can help me out, I have a couple of questions:

1. Do DCC's that are cut go to alumni functions?? I know technically they are alumni but I never see the ones that were cut at these gatherings.

I think if you complete at least one full year and are cut in a subsequent audition, you are considered alumni. If you are cut during your rookie year, you aren't. Here's a quote from Shelly I just posted in the "former dcc" thread but is applicable here as well.

On 11/10/2017 at 7:24 AM, ShellyB said:

We don’t recognize anyone as Alumni or former if they didn’t complete a full year.

15 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think if you complete at least one full year and are cut in a subsequent audition, you are considered alumni. If you are cut during your rookie year, you aren't. Here's a quote from Shelly I just posted in the "former dcc" thread but is applicable here as well.

Right I get that, but what I'm asking is are these girls invited to alumni functions. I never see the cut vets at these functuons... 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Right I get that, but what I'm asking is are these girls invited to alumni functions. I never see the cut vets at these functuons... 

I would assume if they are considered vets in good standing, they are invited but some choose not to go.

More galleries have been posted on PDC. I really hope they have some of the women doing the choreo and kickline. Latest gallery has Dayton and Selina, among others.

Dayton Bramhall Finals_34_of_70.jpg

Selina Flores Finals_26_of_70.jpg

Beginning to question whether Keyra was cut for weight. She looks ok to me here.

5b0af73d8ec62_KeyraFordFinals-712.thumb.jpg.b434a92706fa691bf73cada4b4ae3d85.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Beginning to question whether Keyra was cut for weight. She looks ok to me here.

5b0af73d8ec62_KeyraFordFinals-712.thumb.jpg.b434a92706fa691bf73cada4b4ae3d85.jpg

I'm beginning to question her cut too!! Because her body, from what was posted on social media looked fit. She was working out vigorously before finals...I really feel like because Cersten left they cut her...

• Love 6
(edited)

I do not think she was cut because Cersten left. In her swimsuit fitting pictures, she did look a little heavier in her behind and thighs. Kelli did say she look like she had an athletic build during last year's cameo shoot. Plus the fact, she may have look heavier on the big screen when she was on the field performing the dance routine and kick line. I remembered Judy saying Alex did not look big while doing her solo routine in Season 9?, but she did look bigger on the field which lead to her being cut.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, adukesantana said:

2. How many of our favorite DCC's made the team on their first try?? I know Abigail Klein did, does anybody else come to mind?

KaShara (my fav)  made it her first time. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think she was cut because Cersten left. In her swimsuit fitting pictures, she did look a little heavier in her behind and thighs. Kelli did say she look like she had an athletic build during last year's cameo shoot. Plus the fact, she may have look heavier on the big screen when she was on the field performing the dance routine and kick line. I remembered Judy saying Alex did not look big while doing her solo routine in Season 9?, but she did look bigger on the field which lead to her being cut.

Can you post this picture,  because I don't remember seeing it...

• Love 1

Here is one swimsuit fitting picture (picture number #20.) She does look a little thicker in the middle, but it could be the pose and the swimsuit she is wearing. I do remember Kelli saying her thighs look bigger and the boots ate up most of her legs during the cameo picture shoot last year, plus the fact she does not have lean legs (like Vivian had the first time she tried out.) She may have been out danced, came back out of shape, had a bad interview, or gain five or more pounds during the season. Add in the fact, the big screen can make a vet looks heavier especially if she has an athletic type build without long lean legs and more muscular legs and a bigger behind than girls with the same height, and the chances she will be cut.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2018/05/10/biminibliss-dcc-swimsuit-fittings#507951

The PICTURES do not support the idea that she was heavier than last year! I always that the weight gain thing was bullshit. They may have soured on her body type or something else.

There are always vet cuts that are head scratches. Raylee and Heather H made little sense last year, and Keyra seems baseless this year. I'm willing to wait to see how they cover it. For the record,  last year's discussion of Raylee seemed like it was recorded afterwards. And the kicked the wrong way thing for Heather H was really dumb, especially when the real kickline is what she was doing.

Also, IMO Selina looked fine. I totally reject the idea that everyone has to look emaciated to look good in the uniform.

What I really think happened was there was 5 black women that they liked better than Keyra.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Off topic, but looking back through that gallery...it's interesting that there was a rack of bikinis for Lauren.

And even more off topic, why didn't they use the photo below for her cameo instead of this one, which doesn't do much for her?

img_0440_0.jpg

I think the reason why they didn't use it for Lauren is because it's Heather O or Maggie. (I could be wrong.)

17 minutes ago, viccib said:

There are a series of videos of K&J editing the photos on the dcc twitter page

Even in this bad screen grab Gina looks amazing.  

gina screen.jpg

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I think the reason why they didn't use it for Lauren is because it's Heather O or Maggie. (I could be wrong.)

It looks like Lauren to me. Maggie did not try out for the team again, so I do not think they would have swimsuits for her. I have noticed they use different pictures on the current cheerleaders page than the pictures use for the profile page. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure why they do things a certain ways when it comes to the pictures, social media pages, why certain girls are make it to TC or on the team, and why certain vets are cut at finals or during TC or why certain vets are kept on the squad.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think you're thinking of Tara's solo outfit from last year :-) She wore black this year.

5b0aed00b54c2_TaraDCC-65.thumb.jpg.a33e07932b45953f187fdabf3a0c0ef1.jpg

5b0aed8ac1810_TaraSzybilloDJC_1433.thumb.jpg.b09ad42e89cf0d0619c413a66fa2e69e.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is Daphne. The search continues!

5b0aed34b6c02_DaphneJanesdsc_0620.thumb.jpg.9c6cf5a2561fdc7835cf316ba44e676c.jpg

Found this pix of Ashley Wood

(edited)
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:
12 hours ago, hypeman said:

It looks like Lauren to me.

It does to me too...

image.png.0ede3d1a62be5c7084749bfd5b7a2baa.png

13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

And even more off topic, why didn't they use the photo below for her cameo instead of this one, which doesn't do much for her?

Agreed.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
On 5/27/2018 at 6:30 PM, sleepyjean said:

Off topic, but looking back through that gallery...it's interesting that there was a rack of bikinis for Lauren.

img_0440_0.jpg

Why isn’t Lauren in any of the swimsuit photos? Did I miss something? ?

50 minutes ago, RachaelK said:

She didn’t shoot for the Calendar or she didn’t want any of her shots documented on social media 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, RachaelK said:

Maybe the suits that the photos are clipped to are the ones they picked out to use and they chose to hang them in front of all the other suits. Notice Lauren's photo is attached to a one piece.

I tried to attach my post to the photo I am referring to and it did not work. Ill try again.

Nevermind  it wont let me attach the photo

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
trying to add a photo but keep accidentally quoting the wrong post
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Victoria not showing her body in her solo shows she needs to work on it.  Why else would she wear this?DJC_2890.thumb.jpg.06e53c7bf7229d9a2fe42ca6a6cd439a.jpgv

i guess.  but i thought she looked good in her pics from solos.  from the comments here i was expecting to see her falling out of her clothes or something.  her legs are amazing. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i guess.  but i thought she looked good in her pics from solos.  from the comments here i was expecting to see her falling out of her clothes or something.  her legs are amazing. 

Odd to pick such a non DCC costume, would have thought hers would be perfection given how much it means to her and how invested her family is!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

Odd to pick such a non DCC costume, would have thought hers would be perfection given how much it means to her and how invested her family is!

Plus she has had the advantage of going to auditions to watch with her mom,  she would differently know what a solo costume should look like.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2018 at 6:50 PM, sleepyjean said:

Can anyone help identify these women?

5b09f2977932e_unknowndsc_1761.thumb.jpg.d916ce0bcc2ef35fb98599622b64f947.jpg

5b09f29dc139a_unknowndsc_1814_0.thumb.jpg.0c454e93b24d76c3d136526b4ca63ff1.jpg

#1 is "Brittany A"  from Jay Johnson's video

#2 is Daphne Janes

On 5/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, sleepyjean said:

Or these?

5b09f59eb3ff8_unknown_3Finals-27-of-73.thumb.jpg.ef2561db2908c4858c1de3364729ea1d.jpg

5b09f5b7e7894_unknown_8Finals-204.thumb.jpg.83e5cb6559dcd7be9f33791d1a4b37da.jpg

#3 is Lindsey Witt - Kilgore College Rangerette

#4  still no clue!

On 5/26/2018 at 7:17 PM, sleepyjean said:

Or these

5b09f8cd4987a_unknown_45DJC_1882.thumb.jpg.388f15c80a65d609d3ccb570fbe3fecf.jpg

5b09f8de16c75_unknown_51DJC_2144.thumb.jpg.21482a316f6fc6f7da1b1d05b6abefa5.jpg

#8 is Sarah Deffebach - LA Laker Girl

#9 is Pocahontas (lol, I have no idea who she is either)