Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Cosign. "Hey bro, can you keep it down a bit? I had a deer in my sights and you spooked it. Thanks!" 

I agree with you. Matt has always been really good at diplomatically defusing situations without backing down. OTOH, I can see things going down like this:

Matt: Hey bro, can you keep it down a bit? I had a deer in my sights and you spooked it. Thanks!

Jeff: Look. I'm the only one in this challenge who has done 60 days. I know what it takes to do this.

Matt: Um...I never said you didn't. We would just appreciate it if you wouldn't scare away the big game and other land animals by screaming like drunken frat boys every time you catch a young gar.

Jeff: But...THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR, BABY! My yelling isn't keeping ME from being fed, so this is your problem, not mine. If you can't feed yourselves, that's not on me, bro.

Matt: Is it that hard to keep your voice down when you catch a fish?

Jeff <blinks>: But...I ate alligator balls, so you know I'm a man! It's a man thing.

Matt: What? How does that...? Ya know what? Just...Get out.

Jeff: You're not the boss of me.

Matt, stands at his full 6'5", crosses his arms, and glares at Jeff in "GTFO."

Jeff: Fine. Give us our fishing hooks back.

Jeff tells Steven he KICKED MATT'S ASS and now they need to go and find another camp and stop carrying these fools who totally would have starved without them.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

How I wish Jeff read this board!

Who knows?  Maybe he's a lurker.

Years ago, on TWOP, one of the creators for "Rescue Me" read the boards and even ended up posting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I wish they'd have Jeff and Bulent on the same team. Talk about clash of the titans hah!  🤗  🙃

Yeah. One will scream about catching a fish, the other will tell him to STFU and punch the fish.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
On 6/14/2021 at 1:44 PM, jackjill89 said:

Honestly, I'm glad to see Gary go. I have no patience for his eat anything and everything shtick. His constant grandstanding about eating gross stuff and how that's survival, otherwise, you're just camping was ridiculous. It would be about survival if that's all you had to eat, but you don't. Playing with the eyeballs was disgusting. Glad he got meds and is recovered, and glad he's gone from my TV. 

I was wondering about that too -- no reason Team Savage can't talk to them about their volume. I used to like Steven, but he's become completely insufferable this season around Jeff. All that talk of "dinosaurs" and the constant hyperbole and loudness. They are just too much. It might knock him down a peg or two... maybe?

Jeff is such an arrogant douche. I'd love to see him on Alone. He would be great with the cameras and narration (annoying as he is, both he and Steven know how to do that part of it well), but I don't think he'd be the last one standing. It might knock him down a peg or two... maybe?

I actually think gary faked a way out. And I am glad to see him go. But Jeff is still here. I'm ashamed of Laura for calming down EJ in the Amazon and yet egging on Jeff in South Africa., She was an ASS, and Jeff the man must go. He mooches and steals and then stets standards that none can do that from him. Living with Jeff has now ruined the show. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

That thought crossed my mind, too.

Really? Because they never figured out what was up with him? A few days of antibiotics and then he was on his way?

What would he have to gain from tapping? 

Interesting theory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Really? Because they never figured out what was up with him? A few days of antibiotics and then he was on his way?

What would he have to gain from tapping? 

Interesting theory.

He saved himself from another 3 weeks of living in less-than-ideal conditions.  Maybe he went out there for more attention.  He got that, so maybe decided not to put himself through any more effort.

His vital signs were all normal, and he tried to sound like he was sacrificing his desire to stay to the end, making it sound like it wasn't fair to his teammates.  Easy to fake shivering and coughing for dramatic purposes.

And he's such a good target for the camera, they'll have him back in the next "legends" for "redemption."

JMO, of course.

• Love 5

Maybe his employer required a return to work after 6 or 7 weeks away.

There are a lot of things going on that we have no idea about.  As Jeff demonstrates regularly, some contestants have a casual relationship with the truth.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Maybe his employer required a return to work after 6 or 7 weeks away.

Looks like Gary's job is just being Gary.  He's a tour guide, wedding officiant, bee exterminator, garden planter, and motivational speaker.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Looks like Gary's job is just being Gary.  He's a tour guide, wedding officiant, bee exterminator, garden planter, and motivational speaker.  

Does he live in a van down by the river? 

• LOL 14

Jeff and Steven hit the wall with the cold.  Jeff had not wanted to work on the shelter, acting like he was at Bay Scout Day Camp.  While I don't wish them ill health, I am happy to see them uncomfortable.  I guess their third grade education did not include the Ant and the Grasshopper story.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Yeah I laughed when they were showing how warm it was in Matt/Ryan/Rylie’s shelter vs Steven/Jeff’s.   20 days is still a long way to go especially when you’re in a spot at the time of year when it’s going to get colder and maybe not get too warm again.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Does anyone else get the impression that production may finally be getting a little tired of Jeff’s shtick? In the past he’s been presented as the ultimate manly man survival beast. This round he’s getting quite a different cut. His immature obnoxiousness is being highlighted.

Stop staring directly into the camera dispensing your infinite wisdom. You are not the next big thing. SHUT UP JEFF. 

• Love 13

Bummer for EJ.  I hope Max sticks it out for him.  What was EJ's problem with the fish?

Jeff is obnoxious turned up to 11.  It was fun watching him miserable.  Steven seems to be getting sucked in a bit.  I hope he realizes.

Matt's team was super generous with that fish.  I'm not sure I would have given them any fish.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Bummer for EJ.  I hope Max sticks it out for him.  What was EJ's problem with the fish?

Jeff is obnoxious turned up to 11.  It was fun watching him miserable.  Steven seems to be getting sucked in a bit.  I hope he realizes.

Matt's team was super generous with that fish.  I'm not sure I would have given them any fish.

Matt/Ryan/Rylie are better people than I am.  I’m not sure if I’d be giving away food like that either.  
EJ didn’t like how Max just jumped in to retrieve the fish while it was still in the water.  I thought he was pretty obnoxious telling Max to clean it.  Unless I missed something they each had a fish so they should clean their own fish.  Looks like they worked things out.  They’re getting ready to leave their settlement so I’m wondering if they’ll run into the other teams.  

• Love 5

I wish I had the art of tactfulness like Matt. “We should try and keep the Human foot print small”. Lol. What a great way to “nicely” put it. 
I would never have thought to say anything less than “Keep your big ole loud mouth shut Jeff, you’re  scaring away all the game.”,,, the woodland creatures, as Riley calls them. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I'm glad EJ and Max snagged the best spot.  The noisy neighbors have arrived.

Amazing that canoe worke, it was riding awful low.

Couldn't they build a raft out of their shelter and tow it behind the canoe?  That would save a lot of energy.

One big happy family.  Okaaaaay

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

That poor medic! I bet she has seen enough of EJ’s junk to last ten lifetimes. 😬 

Yeah, Team Savage are better people than I am. I wouldn’t have shared with the Bayou Boyzzzz. 
Guess the producers will drug a poor deer or nutria for the legends to catch before extraction.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think as soon as EJ crashed Gary and Max's team, Gary was out. He simply cannot handle the social dynamics of being a third wheel. Max had no trouble dealing with him when it was just the two of them, but once Gary had to compete with EJ, he starts doing stupid stuff again and gives himself a parasite..

The psychotic look on EJ's face when he got his stitches out, just ugh. He has proven he can hold his temper and use his brain, but on every one of his adventures, the longer he is out there, the more Neanderthal he gets.

Jeff is a way bigger pig, and I have SO MANY props for Rylie holding her tongue when she had every right to cringe when Jeff and his minion Stephen showed up and decided it was not at all intrusive to live next door and take half their resources. "Yes, Jeff, I agree, we WERE in big danger there, yes, Jeff, sir, that's a good idea to relocate, I agree, Sir Jeff, we ARE the bomb, and of course you are the greatest in the region!" I hope Stephen looks back on his behaviour this trip and realizes what a stinking Lemming he really is. Talk about hitching to an asshole cart. It is so pathetic to watch. They ENDLESSLY stroke one another's ego and tell each other how awesome they are. Matt tells how to start the day and the challenges ahead, but Jeff and his girlfriend Stephen have to assure us and each other every minute that is the most badass thing ANYONE HAS EVER DONE.

I hate that, as usual, the only way to keep the peace with Jeff is just to give and go his way. So now they are travelling together? Just how he manipulated his last final trek with asshole Laura, and they milked them for everything they could. Laura used to be one of the good ones, too.

Matt nailed it when he said "you do 60 days and your true colours come out." Jeff's colour is green, for being the greedy envious little bastard he is. I am so bummed something didn't take him out. Listening to him endlessly remind us that he thinks he just climbed Everest because he laid some hooks (and in the past, on top of other teams' hooks to boot) is just too much to stomach. When Jeff and EJ get back together I might punch the TV screen. You know their egos have them google themselves endlessly. So read this boys, you are arrogant little boy scouts not fit for teamwork or society. Enjoy being two hated men in America!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

So read this boys, you are arrogant little boy scouts not fit for teamwork or society. 

True that.

Max was really on the mental roller coaster this week.

• Love 3

Kudos to Riley for not grabbing an arrow and sticking it into Jeff when he suggested "teaming up and sharing resources" as they moved towards extraction.  

Yeah - where was that attitude on the last long challenge, Jeff, when you and your partner were complaining about how fat you were going to get off all your fish, but you wouldn't even share a HOOK with the people in the same cave (including Riley) who were starving?

Now that EJ and Max will be joining up with them, maybe Jeff will try to walk back that suggestion,  because he and Steven won't want to share with so many people.  He'll be back into "we need to maintain our original teams."  At which point, Matt and Riley could toss him into the swamp and hope for a hungry alligator to swim by.

I'd be really happy if Jeff were never invited to be on another season of N&A.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'd be really happy if Jeff were never invited to be on another season of N&A.  

If I had to choose I’d rather see Gary again with all his gross food choices than Jeff.  
Matt very diplomatically told Jeff to keep the noise down but you know next week when everyone is joined up together he’ll start up with the yelling, well since that’s what he does and we’re still near the water where he can continue to catch fish and let the entire area know he caught another fish.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

If I had to choose I’d rather see Gary again with all his gross food choices than Jeff.  
Matt very diplomatically told Jeff to keep the noise down but you know next week when everyone is joined up together he’ll start up with the yelling, well since that’s what he does and we’re still near the water where he can continue to catch fish and let the entire area know he caught another fish.  

Matt should tell him that if makes one more peep, any land animals they're able to kill and eat (in spite of Jeff) will not be shared.

• Love 6

Mom's Grandma had a 40 acre farm, a mile from the nearest neighbor, about 150 miles north of this place.  The snake and tick infested boondocks.

She was Pentecostal, so no alcohol (But everybody could smoke, lol)

One time before I was born, I'm told, Mom and Dad were there in the winter.  There was no central heat, or insulation with just a pot belly stove in the Living Room.  She had lots of quilts.

Dad would have a glass of ice water before bed, where he promptly dumped out the water and poured in his Scotch for a discreet nightcap.

One morning, they told me, the ice cubes were still in the glass.

These cold temperatures are somewhat unusual, but not unheard of.

• Love 2

It seems like everyone, viewers and participants alike, has had enough “THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR.” I’m still laughing about Jeff and Steven bagging that four foot long mondo alligator and making it seem like it was an Herculean feat.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It seems like everyone, viewers and participants alike, has had enough “THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR.” I’m still laughing about Jeff and Steven bagging that four foot long mondo alligator and making it seem like it was an Herculean feat.

Meanwhile, Matt can hit a tiny squirrel in the tree with a bow and arrow and just be grateful for food and move on.

Get this Jeff, you are NOT the best in this challenge, and you never will be. You steal supplies from someone else's shelter. You steal resources from a team that is thriving, because if they look that good, it must be a good spot. You only merge when it suits your mooch ass needs, and you hoard if and when you get ANYTHING right. You're an ass, everyone hates you, and you need a serious Come to Jesus moment before another idiot producer finds you entertaining. 

I'm still holding out for you getting food poisoning and only making it out of the swamp because the GOOD players carried your ass out of there.

• Love 8

I saw an ep prior to this XL that was Suzanne and Wes.  It was after that last XL in Africa when both had to medically tap.  So they had redemption in mind.  This was in the Cloud Rain Forest.  Worst conditions ever imho. She tapped day 4 after reinjuring her knee.  He suffered horribly but lasted to day 18.  He would have made it to 21 but co vid hit and the world shut down.  They barely made it out of the airport.

As for the most recent ep last night.  Pretty much the best part was a truce between Team Savage and the Bayou Boys.  I think they decided to set out together and start traveling.  In the previews i think they meet up with EJ and Max.  A lot of 'I think's in there.  Wasnt paying much attention i guess.  Might need a rewatch lol

16 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

The psychotic look on EJ's face when he got his stitches out,

And he's still in the challenge.  How many visits from the medic?  And he's still in the challenge. 👎

We are adults watching a kid's show.

2 hours ago, Liberty said:

And he's still in the challenge.  How many visits from the medic?  And he's still in the challenge. 👎

We are adults watching a kid's show.

Hey, Jeff stayed overnight in the medic’s tent on his 60 day Philippines challenge and was allowed to return to the challenge, so they couldn’t make EJ tap, could they?

• Love 2

The manipulations by the producers really stood out to me.  Why, with only 10 days left, would people leave warm shelters to wander off to find a new place?  They could easily have gotten by with a catfish here and there until day 60.  But the plot line must move forward, I guess.

I'm also convinced that the "bridge" and the dugout canoe were producer-driven story lines. They probably even instructed the teams how to do that.  Otherwise, laying around in the shelter for 10 days and a few catfish to eat would have been just boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

They probably even instructed the teams how to do that.

I’ll go one step further. I think the producers placed that huge tree trunk on the banks of the river. The bridge seemed a little bit more organic to me since nutria itch was an issue throughout their stay.

• Love 4

EJ - what the hell with the "I'm offended crap"?  Max was trying to keep your wrecked balls out of the nasty water.

Riley's a bigger person than I am.  She should have told Jeff, I know you don't believe in welfare, but I believe teams should help each other when they can.  

Was so hoping for Jeff's hypothermia.

I did like Jeff's comment about Matt making eye contact with him when talking about keeping quiet.

Jeff wants to team up when it suits him.  Mr. Max pointed out that they weren't getting any more fish and Matt was still getting animals with his bow, so Jeff decided it was time to hook up with the other group.

Of course, now that they're all together (and all yelling like a bunch of goons) is Jeff gonna dump Steven like a nutria rash now that his best buddy EJ is there?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, madmax said:

Of course, now that they're all together (and all yelling like a bunch of goons) is Jeff gonna dump Steven like a nutria rash now that his best buddy EJ is there?

Jeff will dump anyone, anytime. Mr. Handouts and mooches and rule breaking medical care will stop at nothing to feed his own image of himself. I just hope the husk that is now Stephen can find his own balls again one day.

• Love 7

I had a crazy dream last night, mixed into a bunch of other dreams, where Jeff yells at me that I can't talk because I've never done it. I got grand satisfaction yelling back at him, "neither have you, Jeff! Not without cheating and getting a cushy night in a medical tent and stealing hooks and resources from others!" Then of course the dream drifted into something else so I didn't get the satisfaction of an imaginary reaction. Oh well.

• LOL 9

My husband asked me who I would want to be with if I was stuck in some wilderness like the Louisiana swamp or a rain forest.  My list ended up:

1) Matt

2) Ryan

3) Max

Jeff and Lacey would only be in my nightmares!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

My husband asked me who I would want to be with if I was stuck in some wilderness like the Louisiana swamp or a rain forest.  My list ended up:

1) Matt

2) Ryan

3) Max

I would add Wes to that list.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

1) Matt

2) Ryan

3) Max

12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I would add Wes to that list.

What about Jeremy?  He did good in the swamps his first challenge, there for 25 days.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2021 at 11:07 AM, madmax said:

What about Jeremy?  He did good in the swamps his first challenge, there for 25 days.

Steven would have been in my top 5 or even top 3 prior to this season. He's dropped a bit down now lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nice new shelter!

"Jeff is loud day and night.  Who'd a thought"  LOL!

Armadillos have some wicked claws.  I wouldn't want to jump on one.  Nice shot Matt!

Then he bags a possum!  Bummer the pig got away.

Bear was scary.

Nice finish.  Glad the "family" worked out.  I like them all except Jeff.  He's still an a**hole.

That canoe was amazing, scary when it started filling with water.

I loved Ryan's armadillo hat :) 

• Love 9

Jeff, Riley is a woman, not a girl. Stop your patronizing- she’s as much of a ‘legend’ as you are, you self-aggrandizing buffoon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Jeff is amazing! He just knows that the hog that he didn’t catch (even though he did everything absolutely, positively as right as any human possibly ever could) was hundreds of pounds and was caught for hours. Hours! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1