Type keyword(s) to search

Naked and Afraid XL - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The baboon encounter was everything I wanted. 🐵 Just...perfection.

Love how everyone noticed that Dan was just constantly munching his way through the honey to fill up before it was even split.

I can't believe Bulent let himself get so dehydrated That was just horrible, watching him blindly attempt to drag himself through it. (And yet he was beating Dani to the end!)

Poor Dan. At least Patrick is free now. Interesting to see if the Trish/Jeff combo will refuse to let Dan get away with his innocent / sneaky game. Darrin/Patrick/Ky should be a kick-ass team.

Part of me wanted to tell Darrin to just take the bow and trade it to someone after Jeff came through, but that was just my annoyance with Jeff talking - gotta take care of yourself and fishing seems to be what gets the food here. Ugh, Trish and Dan will be feeding Jeff with that net and I'm sure he'll find a way to take credit for it.

Darrin's eyes still freak me out. He seems so sweet, but has serial killer crazy eyes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Man, this is Bizzaro N&A - Jeff is talking sensibly and helpfully. Maybe he'll find out being an asshole doesn't pay.

I love how everyone has Gary's number. "Ok, guys, don't forget to kiss his ass and tell him how awesome he is!" Gary honestly thought he was going to get some kind of tax in perpetuity from anything pulled from a common watering hole? He was lucky they gave him anything after he threw a tantrum like a toddler.

I can't believe they're letting Dani take food out of their mouths. Fernando and Gary should stuff themselves with her fruit and then make the trade.

• Like 4

I am liking this season.  I made a mistake earlier, and though S1E1 was S2E1.  

I have never disliked Jeff, so his being nice to get further is enjoyable.  Can't wait for sneaky Dani to get found out.   Jeff is semi on to her though.  

Why do they have to trade 2 knives for the fishing gear?  One knife and half the gear?  That way everyone is happy.  

I'm thinking this is so very much scripted now.  Why would Gary go to JEFF of all people to show him the watering hole?  Why wouldn't he make the above trade with Ky's group?

Dani was never like this in other challenges.  I think they know that Jeff is very much hated and probably on one of his last challenges, so they're building up some new assholes for us.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, madmax said:

Why do they have to trade 2 knives for the fishing gear?  One knife and half the gear?  That way everyone is happy. 

Right???  And if I didn't know better, I'd swear Gary was having a monthly hormonal mood swing. 

I had to get fasting blood drawn this morning and couldn't eat or drink until around 10am.  Boy, was I HANGRY!  I could never do N&A!!!

The "old" (lazy) Trish came out when she was just sitting there watching the other team work at getting the hide out, then came back to her team after they were done finding their cache and she's all about congratulating them.  At least she found a few baobab fruits on the ground.

Is Dani a vegan or vegetarian?  I was surprised that she eats eggs.  She is acting different this challenge, but it's a different challenge, she has to look out for herself. 

• Like 1
(edited)

1 knife, 1 fishing kit.  Looks like everyone has knives of some sort.  At least Dani's evilness when found out, will soften any hard feelings for Jeff.  Whom I do enjoy.   I am happy to not see Woz, I found him frightful in threatening other contestants if they helped Jeff.  No one tells me what to do like that, especially some fat old naked Woz! hahahaha

Edited by Pine

Gary is the neediest person, I swear. I mean, he was always an attention whore, but this season is just highlighting how much he needs from everyone. I loved Patrick pointing out that Gary hasn't gotten shit on his own. I can't believe he actually wandered over to stick his fingers in the latest find and take what he thinks is his due. I don't remember seeing Gary walk over to their camp with a chunk of warthog, for all his claims that he'd share with others.

And Fernando really let that meat rot like that? He deserved to vomit up his guts. He knows Gary will eat anything and never seem to get sick, so don't listen to his "rotting makes it yummy!" bullshit.

• Like 3

Too bad Jeff didn't step on Dani's bag and break her egg supply.   I am glad that he didn't steal her bag.  Sad about Darren :( 

• Like 2

Anybody think Gary intentionally let that meat go bad?  He can eat it, but Fernando can't.

I still think there is a lot of producer input in this season.

• Like 3

Rooting for Dan because he's so damned cute.

Jeff and Gary are obnoxiously full of themselves

Patrick seems together

Ky might sneak in there.  Who knows.

• Like 2

I'm really hoping Ky wins this one.  She's humble and incredibly skilled and just seems like a generally all around nice person. 

And REALLY hoping Jeff does NOT win.  

Glad to see Trish go and I'm surprised Dani is still in there.  

• Like 5

I liked Trish and Fernando.

I sooo wanted Jeff or Gary out, but you can't always get what you want.

I want to see this "deal" with the Devil bite Gary in the ass.  It's like they try to outdo each for the who is the bigger a**hole prize.

Ky or Patrick could sneak in there.  They're tough.

Still love Dan.  Did he really intentionally give them bad meat?

They couldn't smell that?

I've smelled rancid meat a few times and the stench quickly tells you not to eat it and get it far away.

Dani looks like a bag of bones that would blow away in a stiff breeze.  I don't give her much of a chance

• Like 2

Heh, I like that Jeff's all "They're being fake nice to Gary!" So, just like you have been?

I'm surprised everyone else didn't help smoke/dry that meat Gary brought home. They know he's happy to eat rotten meat so he won't bother. I was so hoping he'd have to tap due to shitting his brains out.

• Like 2

Quite surprised that Patrick is still in the game, good luck to him.

Surprised Gary shot and tracked a wounded impala.

Gary and Jeff have the same goal, but their paths vary a bit as far as their presence on N & A.  They are both dicks.  I'd enjoy any N & A episode more if they were not i

n it.

Poor Dani.  Stole a rope early on and kept her early egg bonanza to herself, and it still was not enough. 

Fernando is solid in this XL.

15 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I've been trying to place Patrick and what his ep was. Does anyone know? 

Funny, I don't remember his episode(s) either.

Thinking the participants were notified by production about what the elimination challenges would be.  No way Dani would have known how to make a figure 4 deadfall trap.  No way Jeff would have known a single survival skill without prior knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Today's episode can be titled "How Jeff shows he can be an even bigger asshole".  I always admire these people who have to suffer (production help aside), but Jeff's complete lack of humility just stunned me each time.  The net fishing incident made me so angry. 

So did production tie up an impala for Jeff to shoot? I had to quit watching because Jeff makes me crazy angry. Why hasn’t anyone stolen his crapwhile he’s sleeping or drowned him in the pond?? I’ve never disliked anyone else on tv so intensely (except Trump).

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I WANT Jeff to win. Then we’ll NEVER HAVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN!!

I haven’t been watching because I’m tired of Jeff but I’ll join you in that statement … fingers crossed!

I still find Jeff very entertaining.  I think it is funny how much space he has in Patrick and Dan's minds.  Those two I don't find entertaining, don't smack talk, just do something better.  It is a competition.  Naked Survivour.🙂

• Like 2

I finally got caught up, after vacation and lots of family drama.

I think they're all playing some kind of game but Fernando and Ky.  Ky was sorta kinda playing the game, but came to her senses.

At this point, I want anyone to win but Jeff and Patrick.  

I would it more interesting to have more bushcraft challenges without the drama.

I could do without the 'I'm in his head' crap, and how someone is outsmarting a competitor.  Too much Survivor and not enough skill challenges.

I do enjoy every forum member's thoughts and comments.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Liberty said:

I would it more interesting to have more bushcraft challenges without the drama.

I could do without the 'I'm in his head' crap, and how someone is outsmarting a competitor.  Too much Survivor and not enough skill challenges.

I do enjoy every forum member's thoughts and comments.

I fast-forwarded most of the competition drama and just went to the last couple minutes before the win.  I was happy to see Dan win, although I would've been just as happy for either Ky or Fernando.  The best part was hearing Jeff say that he would NOT be back. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
2 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

The best part was hearing Jeff say that he would NOT be back. 

I think his car insurance company told him he needed a real job so he could pay his premiums BEFORE he has an accident, not (fraudulently) after as he has, like in the past.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Great F3!!!  

Dan was always my favorite, but Ky or Fernando winning would have been fine.

They all seem like genuinely nice people and Ky is tougher than nails.

Such a pleasure to see Jeff and Gary sent packing.  Patrick had also become quite tiresome and obnoxious lately.

May our screens never be cursed with Jeff again😎

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

May our screens never be cursed with Jeff again😎

I’ll believe it when I see it. 
if there’s a third go around I hope they bring in an all new group.  These people really shouldn’t get another chance right away.  

• Sad 2
  • Applause 2
On 9/16/2024 at 12:32 PM, PradaKitty said:

Did Jeff say that he was done with Naked and Afraid? 
No more Jeff? 
What a glorious day!!! 

He's not done.  Just a slip of the tongue.  But, I fully admit, I find him entertaining.  And not a bully like some other Naked and Afraid contestants.  I was so hoping that KY was going to win.