Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Saved

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Voight witnesses the kidnapping of a young woman with a mysterious connection to his past; intelligence works to find a connection between her kidnapping and several bank robberies; Olinsky gets one step closer to standing trial for Bingham's murder.

Edited by Jaded

I might be the only one on the planet, but I felt really bad for Voight tonight.  It's like his whole life is unraveling.  It killed him to not be able to save the girl because it was a labor of love for Camille.  Denny will stop at nothing to destroy him even though he's just as dirty and he's going to have to watch his best friend get destroyed first.  I know he brought it all on himself, but  it was hard to watch.

• Love 7

So Olinsky is willing to go to prison for someone who would not do the same for him. Voight will remain loyal until it's time to save himself. That poor girl really thought that fool loved her and got herself killed. It seems as the everyone Voight loved either die or have to leave. Woods is becoming increasingly annoying. If he weren't a dirty cop himself I would understand him going after Voight. He framed a man for murder but he's angry because Voight did the right thing for once. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, spunky said:

So Olinsky is willing to go to prison for someone who would not do the same for him. Voight will remain loyal until it's time to save himself. 

It seems like Al thinks they will both get away scott-free, but will have to go through the whole trial circus and get acquitted.  I didn't get that impression from the prosecutor's actions, but he might have been just trying to get Voight out of there because Woods was there.  You know the season ending cliffhanger will be Voight and Al on trial, but if they wrap it up in the first episode of the new season and it's business as usual, that'll really piss me off!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

It seems like Al thinks they will both get away scott-free, but will have to go through the whole trial circus and get acquitted.  I didn't get that impression from the prosecutor's actions, but he might have been just trying to get Voight out of there because Woods was there.  You know the season ending cliffhanger will be Voight and Al on trial, but if they wrap it up in the first episode of the new season and it's business as usual, that'll really piss me off!

You just know it will be a cliffhanger, with no solution until next season.

Somehow the tables will turn on Bubba Gump. (mark my words)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, preeya said:

You just know it will be a cliffhanger, with no solution until next season.

I'm ok with it being carried over, but after building to it for 5 episodes, by the time the season ends, if it's resolved in the first 10 minutes of episode one in September, I will be swearing at the tv.............AGAIN! lol!

Somehow the tables will turn on Bubba Gump. (mark my words)

I really hope so!! I hate that %$&*er!

• Love 3

Admittedly I don't consider myself particularly fast on the uptake with these plot twists but I saw the Patty Hearst storyline with Hannah coming from a mile away. In a hostage/accomplice negotiation situation that led to the shootout I would think that procedure dictates that someone less emotionally involved be the lead negotiator.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, watcher1006 said:

Admittedly I don't consider myself particularly fast on the uptake with these plot twists but I saw the Patty Hearst storyline with Hannah coming from a mile away. In a hostage/accomplice negotiation situation that led to the shootout I would think that procedure dictates that someone less emotionally involved be the lead negotiator.

Are you hinting that The Great Hank Voight should have stepped aside? He actually got the girl killed.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Was I supposed to have an eff to give for Hannah? Because I didn’t.

Me either, a bit like that cop that Antonio screwed and then killed, Ruzek's sister, Burgess's boyfriend......this season has been a parade of random people our characters are supposed to care about but because we've never heard of them before or after it's hard to give a toss because you know they will be forgotten by the time the next episode rolls around. 

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1

I predict Voight will be killed in the line of duty. Please, Show?

Woods is sooo hard for me to take seriously as a villain. Just get rid of him too and all the other internal affairs and dirty cop crap and get back to solving crimes in Chicago. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I predict Voight will be killed in the line of duty. Please, Show?

Woods is sooo hard for me to take seriously as a villain. Just get rid of him too and all the other internal affairs and dirty cop crap and get back to solving crimes in Chicago. 

I am finding it very hard to feel sorry for Voight, he murdered someone in a fit of rage. He's no better than the guy that killed his son.

I also can't fathom how Woods suddenly has all this power in CPD after he was disgraced and sacked(?) at the end of last season. Could they not think of another way to have Woods harass Voight all season if they really wanted to keep him around. It's just been a sucky storyline from the get-go.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Guildford said:

I am finding it very hard to feel sorry for Voight, he murdered someone in a fit of rage. He's no better than the guy that killed his son....

And even if public sentiment could excuse that as grieving father blah blah blah, I am so tired of seeing him assault suspects with no consequences (and this behavior should absolutely get a cop fired, never mind the scheming Woods and prior bad acts storylines we have to endure). Who else does that on this show? Nobody. Not believable, not acceptable. Kill him off.

• Love 3

Voight isn't supposed to be all that likable, right?  Isn't that the premise of the show?  A corrupt Chicago cop running a unit that puts other people behind bars?  Without all the questionable actions, there's no show.  I can't believe people are actually calling for Voight to be killed off. If there's no Voight, there's no show.

Not sure why Olinsky thinks that all they have to do is run the gamut and then they'll be cleared.  The cops have that witness that saw Olinsky and Lindsey burying the body.  Olinsky's DNA is on the body.  Why does Al think they don't have enough evidence?

That said, I'm getting really really really annoyed with Woods.  Kudos to the actor, because his portrayal of Woods makes him look like a complete prick.  I'm hoping somebody offs Woods and then we won't have to put up with that smug superior attitude.

It would have made much more sense if Voight from the beginning told his team who Hannah was.  But then we wouldn't get the tearjerking reveal at the end of the episode that it was his wife that gave the girl Hank's card.  The whole episode we're left trying to figure out what is so special about this juvenile delinquent.  Ruzek seemed to have no idea but didn't want to ask.  Yet everybody dives all in without knowing what the main motivation was.  Completely ripped from Patty Hearst.  They said the guy was a male Hispanic.  He sort of looked like a light skinned Indian guy but not Hispanic in my opinion.  I guess it all happened so fast, but couldn't Voight have told his team to focus on the dude and maybe avoid a fatal kill on the girl?  In the bank video, she clearly wasn't going to pull the trigger and in fact through the gun down.  Yeah, she is an armed person supposedly going to shoot at the police.  But it seems like a little bit of judgment there might have saved her life.

Does the whole team now know of Voight and Al's troubles with Woods?  Seems like it isn't a secret anymore.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Voight isn't supposed to be all that likable, right?  Isn't that the premise of the show?  A corrupt Chicago cop running a unit that puts other people behind bars?  Without all the questionable actions, there's no show.  I can't believe people are actually calling for Voight to be killed off. If there's no Voight, there's no Show.

I think Voight was supposed to be likeable. Yes, a corrupt cop but more than that an "old school cop" who uses questionable methods to get people behind bars but for the first seasons he never used those methds on anyone who the show portrayed as not "deserving" it. And he was also portrayed as having his heart in the right place and being fiercely protective of his cops and family.

Not sure if the new showrunner got the memo though, or if there's some other reason that TPTB at NBC decided that that needed to change.

• Love 4

The first season or so had a lot of tension between an old school cop  and the younger ones, who looked askance at Voight’s behavior and reputation. Erin was a huge “yes but he saved her” factor in accepting Voight’s persona. Olinsky and Platt were also counterfoils to Voight. Now? Voight hopes to get away with murder, and we are supposed to hope so too (not even bringing in the actor’s “anger management” issues, which caused Sophia Bush to leave, and which may imo result in his ouster from the show). Bleah. Too bad the character can’t be investigated by someone who doesn’t have dirty laundry, or an ax to grind, or an ongoing vendetta against him. Some fine actors on this show—it certainly would go on without him. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Does the whole team now know of Voight and Al's troubles with Woods?  Seems like it isn't a secret anymore.

It does seem that more and more people are aware of what's going on.

17 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I might be the only one on the planet, but I felt really bad for Voight tonight.  It's like his whole life is unraveling.  It killed him to not be able to save the girl because it was a labor of love for Camille. 

Normally I don't have much sympathy or even patience for Voight, but I did sort of feel for him at the end of the episode, and I thought Beghe handled the material well, with a little more nuance than is usual for him. But would it kill Koteas/Olinsky to speak above a half-breath mumble? I'm starting to think of their partnership as "The Adventures of Raspy & Mushmouth: Lives of Whisper-Quiet Desperation."

• Love 7
8 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Well if they don't know exactly what trouble is brewing surely they know something is going on with all the secret whispering between Voight & Ruzek in the middle of the bullpen.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, preeya said:

Didn't Voight"s intro take place on Chicago Fire when he had a confrontation with Casey? That, I believe was pre-Chicago PD.

Yeah, Voight was a flat out villain on Chicago Fire. His character originated there. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, preeya said:

Didn't Voight"s intro take place on Chicago Fire when he had a confrontation with Casey? That, I believe was pre-Chicago PD.

You must mean the story line that ended in Voight going to jail after he tried to have Casey killed for calling out Voight’s son for negligent himicide and DUI.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

You must mean the story line that ended in Voight going to jail after he tried to have Casey killed for calling out Voight’s son for negligent himicide and DUI.

Yep, that's what I was referring to. It was Voight's intro to the Chicago shows. Then there was some lame ass excuse to get him released from jail to head up the Intelligence Unit even though he was a dirty cop and a scumbag; which was the start of Chicago PD.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

I still watch this show weekly, but I'm not sure why.  I guess just for Halstead and Atwater?  But I'm losing interest.  Chicago Fire has been the (much) better show this season, in my opinion, and I used to think the opposite.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, preeya said:

Yep, that's what I was referring to. It was Voight's intro to the Chicago shows. Then there was some lame ass excuse to get him released from jail to head up the Intelligence Unit even though he was a dirty cop and a scumbag; which was the start of Chicago PD.

I've often wondered if Chicago PD was just an accident after the Voight character generated so much buzz.  I would think if they knew it was going to be a spinoff, they would have made him less despicable in his intro.  I understand the grey area, but his intro was flat out criminal with no conscience.  A real F$%^ up if they knew the character was going to have his own show.  The explanation after the fact was weak and lame.

• Love 3

Voight is a shady guy not that indistinguishable from those he puts in jail.  To me, he makes the show interesting and unique.  I doubt he's going anywhere, but do wonder if Al is being phased out.  Other than his brief appearances related to Woods, he's been pretty much MIA this season.

I am, however, tired of Woods and tired of the often repeated plot of someone trying to get Voight or shut down the unit.  It's a warn out plot.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Andy said:

I am, however, tired of Woods and tired of the often repeated plot of someone trying to get Voight or shut down the unit.  It's a warn out plot.

So agree!! I said that last season too! This show hasn't been on long enough to repeat the same story line ad nauseum!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

So agree!! I said that last season too! This show hasn't been on long enough to repeat the same story line ad nauseum!

It's the go to storyline of this franchise......Voight's dirty, let's shut down the unit.....while over on fire someone is always gunning for Boden's job. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

• Love 5

I think it is going to play out that Olinksy is working undercover with IA or the Feds to take Woods down. I can see Antonio being involved as well. Hank would have to go through Hell to make if look effective. I think that is why Al has been so adamant about taking the hit for the crime.  They take Woods down and end up saving Hank in the process.  A crazy storyline like that is the only way I can see this story play out where Voight and Olinsky either one make it to season 6. No way Hank remains functional if Al is killed, convicted or forced to retire because of a crime that Hank committed. He has lost too much with Camille, Justin, and Erin already. Dawson, Halstead, and Upton are supposed to be honest moral cops.  There is no way the unit can stay together if Al takes the fall for Hank. It would tear them apart. Future episode summaries indicate Al is going to end up in a bad way I only he ends the season alive.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I've often wondered if Chicago PD was just an accident after the Voight character generated so much buzz.  I would think if they knew it was going to be a spinoff, they would have made him less despicable in his intro.  I understand the grey area, but his intro was flat out criminal with no conscience.  A real F$%^ up if they knew the character was going to have his own show.  The explanation after the fact was weak and lame.

I’ve always thought this too—that Beghe’s performance in Fire turned out to be so compelling that the producers didn’t want to let him go. Wish they’d kept the good (everyone but Voight) vs evil (Voight) theme going in PD beyond the first few episodes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I’ve always thought this too—that Beghe’s performance in Fire turned out to be so compelling that the producers didn’t want to let him go. Wish they’d kept the good (everyone but Voight) vs evil (Voight) theme going in PD beyond the first few episodes.

The way Voight and Casey got past that and are buddies now is way beyond even the loosest suspension of belief needed to watch these shows!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I guess they couldn't bring the actor back as another character, his less corrupt twin, that fast as Hill Street Blues did with Dennis Franz as another character entirely after a break of a few years.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:53 AM, greyhorse said:

Voight isn't supposed to be all that likable, right?  Isn't that the premise of the show?  A corrupt Chicago cop running a unit that puts other people behind bars?  Without all the questionable actions, there's no show.  I can't believe people are actually calling for Voight to be killed off. If there's no Voight, there's no show.

Not sure why Olinsky thinks that all they have to do is run the gamut and then they'll be cleared.  The cops have that witness that saw Olinsky and Lindsey burying the body.  Olinsky's DNA is on the body.  Why does Al think they don't have enough evidence?

Well killing him off a series finale would seem more like justice than a similar Sergeant who ended up with three years of house arrest in a US Customs basement office while his surviving Strike Team member was going to the state penitentiary  to do hard time.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

It's the go to storyline of this franchise......Voight's dirty, let's shut down the unit.....while over on fire someone is always gunning for Boden's job. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

The “gunning for Boden’s job” is going to be trotted out next week according to the previews. I hate that storyline! ?

Jason Beghe is so good. Can’t stop watching him. Not enough Trudy this season though.

• Love 1

I think Olinsky is gone, I don’t see how he can get out of this, and he hasn’t been involved in the cases all season.  I just wonder what is going to happen to Voight, I’m uncertain if he can come out of all of this unscathed, but I think Olinsky will either commit suicide or get killed in prison and his death will end Woods’ investigation as the evidence is stacked against Olinsky and there’s no way of proving Voight is the actual killer. 

Frankly, I don’t care about either of them anymore, they have crossed the line way too many times and Olinsky planting drugs on the witness was unredeemable, he should go to jail for ruining that guys life. I’m hoping Woods takes both of them down, how anyone can root for them anymore is beyond me.

• Love 1

It was a good episode, but I really don't like the way the show serves up this politically correct way of showing its violent moments. A few episodes back, in "Ghosts", when Upton confronted the bad guy at the end, it was so painfully obvious that the network forbid the producers/director to show him punching Upton in the face, so he repeatedly shoved her into the wall, yet no one had a problem with her beating him up over and over again. How's that for gender equality? It certainly wouldn't have hurt the show to have him land a few punches on her. The fight would have been more brutal and therefore more realistic and intense.

And now, here, at the end with the shootout, all the director chose to show was Voight getting down and bullets piercing glass and the walls. Why not show how the bullets ripped the girl's body apart, splattering her blood all over the scene? Because that would have hurt so much more to have to watch that, which in turn would have heightened the emotional impact so much more.

I really don't like how such shows always shy away from these moments and chose the PG-13 route, when going all in would serve the story, the emotional impact and the intensity and painfulness of the scenes.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lambsilencer said:

Why not show how the bullets ripped the girl's body apart, splattering her blood all over the scene? Because that would have hurt so much more to have to watch that, which in turn would have heightened the emotional impact so much more.

No, because there is no need to show such horror and gruesomeness on television (or in a movie). We all have the gift of imagination and that is plenty enough, especially in a world that is full of violence and children who are already dulled by computer games, horror movies and action thrillers more than they should be.

• Love 9

My biggest peeve is still how conveniently they are sidestepping the fact that Lindsay would also be subpoenaed with Olinsky. They clearly stated a few episodes back that the witness reported seeing Olinsky with a young woman; then, that part of conveniently forgotten. As Voight himself told Olinsky, it wouldn't take them long to connect the dots, but magically Woods hasn't. It's obvious why they're doing it, as I doubt Sophia Bush wants to come back even to wrap up a previous story. But in that case, they really need to come up with an alternate means of addressing it, such as telling us that she was indeed called in but it happened off screen; or else not going down the road of this story in the first place.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

My biggest peeve is still how conveniently they are sidestepping the fact that Lindsay would also be subpoenaed with Olinsky. They clearly stated a few episodes back that the witness reported seeing Olinsky with a young woman; then, that part of conveniently forgotten. As Voight himself told Olinsky, it wouldn't take them long to connect the dots, but magically Woods hasn't. It's obvious why they're doing it, as I doubt Sophia Bush wants to come back even to wrap up a previous story. But in that case, they really need to come up with an alternate means of addressing it, such as telling us that she was indeed called in but it happened off screen; or else not going down the road of this story in the first place.

Good point. Isn't she a fed now? They could always cop to the fact that she was KIA on Fed job.

1 hour ago, SnarkySheep said:

I'm still going with she can't be subpoenaed because she's undercover. But her name should probably at least be mentioned.

But that happens when you do a storyline based on something that the one who thought it up didn't seem to have any intention of revisiting and after one of the central characters of that storyline left the show. If they wanted to nail Voight/get him in trouble I'm sure they could have found something else. There's at least one body of a cop killer at the bottom of the Chicag River who we know about and that body is not tied to Lindsay in any way but to Voight and Olinsky. (But the new showrunner would have to have studied up on the show in order to know that and I'm still doubting that he has other than superficially).

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm still going with she can't be subpoenaed because she's undercover. But her name should probably at least be mentioned.

But that happens when you do a storyline based on something that the one who thought it up didn't seem to have any intention of revisiting and after one of the central characters of that storyline left the show. If they wanted to nail Voight/get him in trouble I'm sure they could have found something else. There's at least one body of a cop killer at the bottom of the Chicag River who we know about and that body is not tied to Lindsay in any way but to Voight and Olinsky. (But the new showrunner would have to have studied up on the show in order to know that and I'm still doubting that he has other than superficially).

I am guessing the new showrunner doesn't think much beyond the episode he is currently working on, it would explain a lot of the WTF moments this season.

So as far as this SL goes, they mentioned Lindsay to appease her grieving fans (who were promised that she'd be a 'part' of this season and her presence would be felt - it hasn't happened) and then hoped that people would forget about it. (You know like how we are supposed to forget Ruzek had a sister). I think they had to completely re-write the story anyway because I doubt the original SL had Al involved at all, they certainly made it seem that way in the beginning but they thought up this Woods plot and just made shit up to serve their purpose.

As you say, there are plenty of other dodgy Voight/Olinksy dealings they could have used. Then again we wouldn't have the overwrought, 'he killed my son, I have no-one left' angsty Voight melodrama we are currently enjoying.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

I am guessing the new showrunner doesn't think much beyond the episode he is currently working on, it would explain a lot of the WTF moments this season.

Every time they get a new show runner, it's like they have no idea who these characters were before.  It's the same way on SVU!  So annoying!

Someone else said this earlier in the thread that it will turn out that Voight and Olinsky will be undercover to bring Woods down.  That's the most likely outcome since I don't think Olinsky or Voight are going anywhere, lame as it may be, Woods is the dispensable one.

• Love 2

I don’t see how any of this could be an undercover operation, they have DNA and an eyewitness against Al, I’m not sure how they could’ve set all that up and what’s the point? Of course, the show could pull something out of their ass like that because Eid is a horrid showrunner who routinely does that, but I don’t see Al escaping from this, they have him dead to rights, he will either die, go to prison or make a deal and turn on Voight, and I think the first option is what will happen. Olinsky has barely been involved, so I think he’s leaving the show, and I think he will kill himself or get killed in prison at the end of the season. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

No, because there is no need to show such horror and gruesomeness on television (or in a movie). We all have the gift of imagination and that is plenty enough, especially in a world that is full of violence and children who are already dulled by computer games, horror movies and action thrillers more than they should be.

Thanks for that. I confess: I wrote my piece in this provocative way deliberately, to see how people in this forum would react. Based on the Likes we both got for our posts, I see that your viewpoint seems to reflect the majority at the moment. 

TV violence and how it should (or should not) be portrayed is always an interesting debate. I like action movies and action shows, and don't mind the violence, as I think that if it's shown, it should be realistic and not "tampered down" to make it look less appalling, because that would be true glorification ("Hey, look, it's not that bad.") and taking away the impact. And it's interesting how differently the level of violence is handled. FOX has a very high tolerance, it seems - look at how gruesome "Gotham" sometimes gets, for example. NBC is pretty lenient, too, when it comes to violence - "Hannibal" was a stark example of that. What was shown there was clearly pushing the limits of network TV. Some affiliates even backed out of airing it. NBC also made "Revolution", which was very bloody, and the network even put season 2 at 8 PM, which I found very irresponsible, since the violence remained as graphic as before. 
But based on those examples, it struck me a bit odd that "Chicago P.D." seems to hold back in such moments. But maybe it's Dick Wolf himself who sets the standards there. 

CBS is a bit more reserved, and ABC allows a lot sometimes, but not always. "Scandal" had some horrific moments, for sure.

I'm not going to delve into cable, because the standards there are very different. Just one thing: The explicitness of the moments when Negan killed two members of Rick's crew with his bat in the season 7 premiere of "The Walking Dead" was far too much, even for cable, and I think that the backlash from all over the world was justified.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm still going with she can't be subpoenaed because she's undercover. 

I don't claim to know anything about this sort of thing IRL, but I doubt that being undercover exempts a person from being subpoenaed, especially if it's about something as serious as murder. Wherever Lindsay is, her superiors know...they put her there, after all. I'm sure they have a way of reaching her in case of emergency. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SnarkySheep said:

I don't claim to know anything about this sort of thing IRL, but I doubt that being undercover exempts a person from being subpoenaed, especially if it's about something as serious as murder. Wherever Lindsay is, her superiors know...they put her there, after all. I'm sure they have a way of reaching her in case of emergency. 

From what I gather, it depends on how deep cover someone is and if whoever is running the operation is willing to risk blowing her cover for a subpoena. I have a hard time seeing them pulling her out of an operation into a group that is hard to infiltrate, for example and/or took them years to infiltrate.

Usually, there's also only one handler who could contact the undercover agent/officer.

6 hours ago, Lambsilencer said:

Thanks for that. I confess: I wrote my piece in this provocative way deliberately, to see how people in this forum would react. Based on the Likes we both got for our posts, I see that your viewpoint seems to reflect the majority at the moment. 

TV violence and how it should (or should not) be portrayed is always an interesting debate. I like action movies and action shows, and don't mind the violence, as I think that if it's shown, it should be realistic and not "tampered down" to make it look less appalling, because that would be true glorification ("Hey, look, it's not that bad.") and taking away the impact. And it's interesting how differently the level of violence is handled. FOX has a very high tolerance, it seems - look at how gruesome "Gotham" sometimes gets, for example. NBC is pretty lenient, too, when it comes to violence - "Hannibal" was a stark example of that. What was shown there was clearly pushing the limits of network TV. Some affiliates even backed out of airing it. NBC also made "Revolution", which was very bloody, and the network even put season 2 at 8 PM, which I found very irresponsible, since the violence remained as graphic as before. 
But based on those examples, it struck me a bit odd that "Chicago P.D." seems to hold back in such moments. But maybe it's Dick Wolf himself who sets the standards there. 

CBS is a bit more reserved, and ABC allows a lot sometimes, but not always. "Scandal" had some horrific moments, for sure.

I think that US TV is generally pretty lenient when it comes to violence, a lot less when it comes to intimacy. I don't know when Chicago PD airs in Germany but I know that SVU has viewer discretion advisories for potentially disturbing content.

I don't like when they pull characters back because suddenly they're getting squeamish. If Voight would threaten and threaten and threaten and then not physically harm a suspect it would be out of character and I wouldn't like it. Maybe it makes the characters less sympathetic but it is who Voight is and I don't like if they establish a character and then are afraid to follow through with who they have established. (Lucifer did that at the beginning and it annoyed me). But I don't think we need to see the brutal violence.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

I am guessing they have hand waved away getting Lindsay involved with what they have already done...'she's on board' and that's the end of it. The show-runner has ticked the box and moved on. Continuity and sensical storytelling is not really his style.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2018 at 9:35 PM, SuzieQ said:

The way Voight and Casey got past that and are buddies now is way beyond even the loosest suspension of belief needed to watch these shows!

Or it's a sign of whatever the hell is wrong with Casey that he keeps forgiving Gabby and even telling her how great she is for screwing him over.

• Love 2
  •  
19 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Or it's a sign of whatever the hell is wrong with Casey that he keeps forgiving Gabby and even telling her how great she is for screwing him over.

Maybe it's a tumour?

Edited by Guildford
WTF happened there....sorry
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

You're on to something!  Casey might have inhaled too much smoke or been hit in the head too many times! :)

• Love 2
On 19/04/2018 at 1:22 AM, watcher1006 said:

I wonder why they even tried to negotiate at all. They didn't have hostages and the cops had the building secure. Just secure the area so no innocent people can get shot and wait for the bad guys to get bored or tear gas them and then wait for them to run out of bullets.

18 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

You're on to something!  Casey might have inhaled too much smoke or been hit in the head too many times! :)

Actually, Casey DID have a brain injury...remember? A couple seasons back, he was having so much trouble he literally couldn't fill out paperwork without Severide's help. But this all magically went away, never again even mentioned. 

I'm no expert in TBIs but I'm pretty sure it generally doesn't work this way...

• Love 2