Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Clamorous Night

• Start Topic

I might have to watch this one again, at least the action scenes ( and maybe the Rich/Patterson scenes). The teenage boy in me really finds it hot when Jane gets over on Roman and also takes down 2 bad guys ( although one of them was a woman !) in the space of a minute. I do have to wonder, though, if Roman wanted her to get away. I know he didn't set up the video system himself, but it seems to me he would have given them specific instructions on how to to it. Maybe he wanted it to look like the best attempt was made, while knowing she would figure it out. Anyway, it was fun.

• Love 2

Ooh, another awesome episode! I enjoyed the color-coded widescreen timeline thing.

I'm so happy Rich is totally Team FBI. Shredding up that letter (for real though, Reade did nothing wrong that I can remember) and his relationship with Patterson is so great. I like their friendship enough to not want them to go romantic (Rich is too bizarre anyway) but I did like his reaction when he saw her all dolled up. I didn't care for the forensics guy so I'm not sad about that not working out. (Even if Patterson didn't work on Wizardville, why would he admit to pirating it? He works for the FBI? Dude.) I think it's better for her to have a few casual dates than to jump into another serious one.

I wish we'd gotten that backstory with Zapata ages ago! I'm not sure if that was just to give her somewhere interesting to be for when the assassin came or if they'll continue with that. I'd prefer the latter! Is that why she sabotages her relationships, she's scared of losing people?

So the guys Roman hired put the ass in assassins. Nah, they were probably good at their job but the FBI is just that awesome! I keep hoping there's some way for Jane and Roman to get back into each other's good graces but it seems less and less likely. They're so fun to watch together.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, willco said:

I might have to watch this one again, at least the action scenes ( and maybe the Rich/Patterson scenes). The teenage boy in me really finds it hot when Jane gets over on Roman and also takes down 2 bad guys ( although one of them was a woman !) in the space of a minute. I do have to wonder, though, if Roman wanted her to get away. I know he didn't set up the video system himself, but it seems to me he would have given them specific instructions on how to to it. Maybe he wanted it to look like the best attempt was made, while knowing she would figure it out. Anyway, it was fun.

I agree. I think that Roman was only giving a Hollywood try. He wanted it to look good, but it wasn't designed to work because Roman wouldn't have outsourced if he really wanted the job done.

• Love 2

Roman hired the worst assassins.

What was the point of having Millicent arrive then kill off quickly? She talked so much, Reade should have jumped out the cab while it was moving to escape.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Alexis in the future.

I don't know many Asians named Ira Seigel. A few episodes back the writers gave Reade the undercover name Joe Epstein. Who's in charge of naming?

McGuyver and Blindspot same exact day, same exact time: turn on the gas, set off a spark, hid in the freezer, blow up the bad guys.  

The woman with Reed should have called the Taxi company to get purse, instead she calls a locksmith, she has no proof that is where she lives.

Didn't like how nobody reported the dead bodies.

The woman who is investigating Reed is dead on the floor of his apartment (possibly with her panties around her ankles, she was using the bathroom) and Reed flees the scene of the crime and doesn't call it in. Who knows how long she was laying there?

Zapata has a shoot out in a church calls for back up, kills the guy and both Zapata and the cop that could corroborate her story run off to save Patterson. What are the cops arriving at the scene supposed to do, I thought the Lady cop should have stayed behind.

This episode was worth the whole hour for Patterson's "You vape?!"  Jack as a date was the worst thing I ever saw...until Patterson's open toed boots.  WTF is that trend?  That is the opposite of the object of boots. 

In other news, those were the best assassins Roman knows and not one of them was successful even when working in teams? I mean, sure. The guy in Reade's apartment was probably surprised by Millicent.  But, the rest of them? 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What was the point of having Millicent arrive then kill off quickly?

I love Lauren Stamile, and enjoyed her first episode here. But to kill her off in this one? Boo, show. Boo. 

After that date, it was great for Patterson to demand payment from Jack. I would have loved it even more if she presented him w/ a bill. 

How long was that dude going to wait in the bathroom? What if Zapata got killed first and Reade went straight to the church???? Weller did not sterilize the cyanide pen after it fell on the floor....someone could get an infection FFS...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

After that date, it was great for Patterson to demand payment from Jack. I would have loved it even more if she presented him w/ a bill. 

And demand payment for cleaning her dress too. I'm not familiar with liquid nitrogen. Should it have done something to her skin? They were wearing goggles for a reason.

30 minutes ago, paigow said:

How long was that dude going to wait in the bathroom?  

He was following rules. Assassins must wash hands before returning to kill room. 

Also, not one FBI employee aimlessly walking the around didn't notice Rich snooping in Millicent's office?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

I like their friendship enough to not want them to go romantic (Rich is too bizarre anyway) but I did like his reaction when he saw her all dolled up. I didn't care for the forensics guy so I'm not sad about that not working out. 

Rich is gay, right? Anyway they had better be saving Patterson for Roman. He likes blondes.

I too hope Roman being completely ineffectual here is deep down he didn't want them to succeed. 

• Love 1

The assassin in the bathroom cracked me up. He wasn't very good at his job if he didn't hear the woman say she was heading for the john after asking Reade where it was. What, no shower curtain to hide behind? He should have easily been able to stab her and keep her inside the bathroom. But yeah, he was a goof up if he couldn't figure that out.

Millicent (was that her name?) was being such a PITA, what's up with Reade sharing the cab much less letting her in his apartment. No Ubers in that city? She bails out of the cab and Reade doesn't notice her purse next to him in the back seat? And he lives close enough that she could hike there in a few minutes? Oh well.

Patterson can't be that desperate for a date if she kept putting up with Jack's jackassery. He would have been toast with me after the food-mixing thing. If he can't understand "slower" (ha, don't go there), he's not going to understand "take the garbage out please honey." The dude had nothing going for him ... other than he's vaguely cute.

It's nice when a gay guy tells you you look nice. Patterson needs to have Rich "fix" Jack's computer so he can't pirate anything ever again.

I thought Rich was batting for both teams?

The assassins were really not that impressive but I still enjoyed the various plots. Zapata's was the best, she had great chemistry with the actress playing the sister of her ex. And I loved Rich handing out good advice (mostly) and taking care of Reade's problems.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, romantic idiot said:

Rich is gay, right? Anyway they had better be saving Patterson for Roman. He likes blondes.

I too hope Roman being completely ineffectual here is deep down he didn't want them to succeed. 

Pretty sure he's pan.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

As a few others mentioned, I thought Rich was bi/pan, or else I wouldn't have suggested it! But yes to Roman/Patterson... I shouldn't be into it but I so am. (OMG, he is into blondes... ee!)

• Love 2

I thought the episode was a fun ride and nicely done as far as filming and using the 'ole "same scene - different POV". This thread has it nailed, Jack is an ass. The guy has no clue that he was screwing up every which way. First, the mention of his ex and saying to Patterson, "You sound like my ex!"  Hey, asswipe, engage brain, open mouth. Not visa versa. Shit went downhill quickly from there. Exploding liquid nitrogen into Patterson's torso, no service gun, "You're filling up the room with gas!" This guy is a forensic scientist? Any prosecutor would shy away from his help. Finally, "You vape?" Yeah, I hear you. Grown ass man vaping. I'm sorry, I guess I'm not "Hip", but kids vape, not fully formed adults, especially if they work for the FBI. If you need tobacco, smoke a cigarette. If you want to vape weed, smoke a joint.

Everyone was badass, and the thing I like about "Blindspot" is the music. You can hear the music building to a crescendo and when crap is going to go down, the music just starts jamming. I love a show that knows how to use music properly.

Finally, Roman is such a dick. Jane needs to put him down, preferably after a beatdown.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2018 at 11:16 PM, AnimeMania said:

The woman with Reed should have called the Taxi company to get purse, instead she calls a locksmith, she has no proof that is where she lives.

I have a knack for locking myself out of my home with no identification on me every now and then. It's not a problem. I describe what they'll see when they open the door. A not insignificant number of calls to locksmiths are going to be from people who were robbed and do not have keys or identification.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:32 PM, MissLucas said:

Zapata's was the best, she had great chemistry with the actress playing the sister of her ex.

Heh, I thought they had chemistry. I'd be down with that - in a couple of short scenes gazing into each other's eyes, they were better than every moment of this forced Reade/Zapata pairing. I like Reade and Zapata together...as best friends. He likes to complain about why she didn't say anything "two years ago," not remembering that two years ago when he kissed her and she asked what was up, he told her that it "just makes sense," which is hardly something that anyone is going to find romantic or persuasive. They don't have romantic chemistry.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, omgsowicked said:

I think it's better for her to have a few casual dates than to jump into another serious one.

Agreed. It's not believable to have every guy Patterson dates turn into a serious relationship. I can believe them all liking her, because she's Patterson, but not her liking all of them that much.

I liked that Patterson softened towards Zapata but everything wasn't just immediately fixed, either. I think for Patterson it's not just what Zapata did, it's that Zapata very well might make that same choice again if such circumstances arose. It's that latter that makes me wonder if Patterson can ever really trust her again, or at least not as long as Zapata continues to work for the CIA. And the CIA seems to suit Zapata better than the FBI, so I don't know that Zapata would ever leave it.

I love Rich. That is all.

• Love 6

I hope there is a refund policy for whatever assassin agency that was, but Roman really deserves his money back after that performances.  Four targets (not five, since he wanted Jane alive), and the only death is someone who wasn't even suppose to be there?  Yeah, major fail.  At the very least, I hope Roman gave them a very bad Yelp review!

Man, there are bad first dates and then there is whatever the hell was going on with Patterson and Jack.  He was the worst!

I liked Zapata's childhood friend.  Hope they find a way to bring her back.

Rich continues to be the best.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I hope there is a refund policy for whatever assassin agency that was, but Roman really deserves his money back after that performances.  

Roman was unable to contact the League Of Shadows / Assassins .... He did not know they have relocated within Gotham city limits...and significantly downsized...

On 4/20/2018 at 8:59 PM, HunterHunted said:

I agree. I think that Roman was only giving a Hollywood try. He wanted it to look good, but it wasn't designed to work because Roman wouldn't have outsourced if he really wanted the job done.

This makes sense.  I couldn't figure out why he hired such shitty assassins and there was no way I was going with "the team's just that good."

On 4/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, saber5055 said:

It's nice when a gay guy tells you you look nice. Patterson needs to have Rich "fix" Jack's computer so he can't pirate anything ever again.

As everyone else said, not gay, and what makes it any nicer than anyone telling you you look nice?  Also, Patterson doesn't need anyone to fix any computer for her -- she can do it herself while solving puzzles and helping Weller diffuse a bomb at the same time.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
10 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

As everyone else said, not gay, and what makes it any nicer than anyone telling you you look nice?  Also, Patterson doesn't need anyone to fix any computer for her -- she can do it herself while solving puzzles and helping Weller diffuse a bomb at the same time.

Because a gay guy isn't blowing smoke at a woman with phony compliments just so he can get in her pants. Rich was coming on to Weller pretty strong last season. Whether that was "smoke blowing," only the show writers know. And it would be nice for Rich to do something FOR Patterson. Why does she always have to do everything for everyone? Give the girl a break. She needs one after that crappy date.

5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

This makes sense.  I couldn't figure out why he hired such shitty assassins and there was no way I was going with "the team's just that good."

Most assuredly, Roman didn't give any indication that he was sending in the "B" team to die. "Blindspots"'s version of Red Shirts!

• Love 2

I couldn’t stand Rich when he first appeared on the show, and he bugged me with every subsequent appearance. Now I...completely love him...? When the hell did that happen?

This was my favorite episode of the season, hands down. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 21/04/2018 at 7:47 PM, Loandbehold said:

I love Lauren Stamile, and enjoyed her first episode here. But to kill her off in this one? Boo, show. Boo. 

I was hoping she would end up in a similar role to her Burn Notice one (tough but fair, ends up helping) but I guess that's not happening now.

I can't tell if Roman hired crappy assassins because of cheap writing (fake mortal peril) or because he doesn't want the team dead yet/at all. I was unspoiled so I didn't know if someone on the team was going to get hurt or killed.

I enjoyed Patterson's part of the episode the most. Dying on a rubbish first date would be a bad way to go out so that was funny but I also really enjoyed her blowing the would be assassin up.

Edited by Beatriceblake