Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I agree!!!  Such a spin!!! She promised God that she would do anything for this baby. ...and it took 5 FUCKING YEARS before she "decides" to stay home.  

Right. 

Go away Giuliana, and get paid for your cancer story and endorsement. 

Wait... Wasn't she the one who wouldn't listen to her doctor when encouraged to gain a few lbs in order to increase the likelihood of getting pregnant?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Wings said:

She is no John Cleese, George Carlin or Louie Anderson.

But I still enjoy Amy...a lot!  I watched her TV series and I try to catch all her specials.   To be fair, who could really compare to Cleese or Carlin?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

With respect to "uptalk" ... many moons ago when I was taking "communication" courses to help me relate to people I was supervising, the "uptalk" method of making a statement was deemed as more "asking" than "telling", therefore easier to hear.  It was giving the employee the impression that they could respond to what sounded like a question, as opposed to being told.

The context matters as well. To my ear, when Comey uptalks he is verifying that he is successfully bringing the listener along. When he uptalks he is saying  "Does that make sense?" and "Are you following me?" To me, his uptalking comes across as a useful tool rather than an affectation.

(If that makes sense, LOL)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, springtime said:

Wait... Wasn't she the one who wouldn't listen to her doctor when encouraged to gain a few lbs in order to increase the likelihood of getting pregnant?

That was her. I remember Whoopie telling her that she should listen to her doctor and gain weight, in order to get pregnant. She refused..

• Love 9
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with Joy while Louie CK could have a career in comedy again there is no way Matt Lauer is ever in front of camera again and most certainly not as an anchor.   He was someone people were supposed to be able to trust to tell them the truth and he has been exposed as a liar and much worse. 

It's the "much worse" that will do him in.  Brian Williams lied about his exploits/adventures when reporting and lost his anchor job but he now has an hour-long show on MSNBC--not as prestigious, of course, but he's making a good salary and has a steady job; however, Williams' offenses didn't have anything to do with harrasing/assaulting women.  I'm sure the network(s) won't be as forgiving with Matt Lauer.  

I've enjoyed the last couple of shows with no Meghan.  The Mooch is an ass, but I agree he speaks in a calm non-combative manner.  Very refreshing.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

But I still enjoy Amy...a lot!  I watched her TV series and I try to catch all her specials.   To be fair, who could really compare to Cleese or Carlin?

She was in  movie with Goldie Hawn that was REALLY funny. I think shes a good comedic actress and to me she just seems really down to earth, not pretentious. I, too, enjoy her. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:
7 hours ago, springtime said:

That was her. I remember Whoopie telling her that she should listen to her doctor and gain weight, in order to get pregnant. She refused..

I remember this too.  She was mortified at the thought of gaining weight because she had to look good on camera.  Her priority has always been her hollywood career.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I remember this too.  She was mortified at the thought of gaining weight because she had to look good on camera.  Her priority has always been her hollywood career.

She looks unhealthy and sickly. It is a shame that Hollywood does this to women.. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I think women do it to themselves. There are lots of Hollywood actresses that look fine and not like they have an eating disease.

The pressure to remain beautiful and eternally youthful is enormous on women. Not to mention, there is always somebody more beautiful, younger and more talented than you.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yeah, she makes smh. If I remember correctly she wasn't asked to gain 50lbs, I think it was about 15 lbs. She's was/is so thin and tall it wouldn't have looked bad on her. It probably would have made her look much better. I remember her talking about it on the view and was just shocked she just refused. 

Enjoyed MM free shows . I can't stand the mooch  but I don't want to throw stuff at my TV .

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Stacee said:

She was in  movie with Goldie Hawn that was REALLY funny. I think shes a good comedic actress and to me she just seems really down to earth, not pretentious. I, too, enjoy her. 

Amy Schumer 's tv show had several incredibly insightful pro-woman skits that I applauded. She is definitely feminist so I appreciate her efforts and will watch her whenever she's on.

I ALWAYS loved female comics--comediennes--since my mom would watch Phyllis Diller and Totie Fields and Moms Mabley on Merv Griffin show,  Johnny Carson, etc., back in the day.  My sister LOVES Lucy and has room devoted to her memorabilia. 

• Love 10

Am I alone in wondering why Mooch's eyes were so bloodshot and watery Friday?  Drinking too much post-banishment from his king's court? Allergic to female-oriented programs?  SAD??

I was alive when Hoover ruled presidents as well as the FBI, but totally forgot the died-in-office bit. But Meg's definitely shoulda researched before raising the topic.  OTOH, there's  so little premium put on truth, why even try to  be factually accurate when alternative facts will do...

Barbara Bush only LOOKED sweet and kind, IMO she epitomized the Rich Bitch, a product of her environment and heritage, as are we all.  And for heaven's sake, why so much homage and glorification of her death?  What did Bar really contribute to society, other than the obligatory first lady program (reading) and a truly incompetent son who wrecked the economy and lied us into endless war in the Middle East?  But if she influenced the Bushes' anti-Trump stance, kudos, Bar!

Comey reminds me of conflicted, sincere young men I too often used to date, trying to apply Sunday School lessons to real life and often failing.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

OTOH, there's  so little premium put on truth, why even try to  be factually accurate when alternative factswill do..

There is no such thing as alternative facts! That’s a phrase the Crypt Keeper invented for LIES. As if the former was another side that is synonymous with FACTS. Which no.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She looks unhealthy and sickly. It is a shame that Hollywood does this to women.. 

I don't think Giuliana's is a "Hollywood" thing or we'd see a zillion Giuliana copies.  Maybe it started that way and she lost control (she probably thinks she's IN control).

16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

The Mooch is an ass, but I agree he speaks in a calm non-combative manner. 

And...self-deprecation goes a long way with a lot of us when we're dealing with arrogant asses.

Edited by Former Nun
Bummer that these comments had to be merged.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Am I alone in wondering why Mooch's eyes were so bloodshot and watery Friday?  Drinking too much post-banishment from his king's court? Allergic to female-oriented programs?  SAD??

I thought he seemed kinda subdued.   He is usually very animated.   I thought maybe he was medicated.

And so not a fan of Barbara Bush.   Her remark about hurricane Katrina victims being give debit cards and how it was like they hit the lottery showed her true character and it wasn't pretty. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There is no such thing as alternative facts! That’s a phrase the Crypt Keeper invented for LIES. As if the former was another side that is synonymous with FACTS. Which no.

The fact alternative facts is given any sort of consideration instead of being called lies makes me feel like I'm living in an alternative universe.   Sadly when I wrote alternative my phone assumed my next word will be facts. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought he seemed kinda subdued.   He is usually very animated.   I thought maybe he was medicated.

And so not a fan of Barbara Bush.   Her remark about hurricane Katrina victims being give debit cards and how it was like they hit the lottery showed her true character and it wasn't pretty. 

I think all the good that Barbara did in her life far out-weighed that one stupid comment.  Just sayin'.

• Love 5

Mr Google has some contradictory opinions about how nice Mrs. Bush was and her comments.  I was surprised that The Mooch had his wife in the audience.  I thought they were getting divorced.  Maybe since he is out of the White House things have improved on the home front.

Edited by lookeyloo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Mr Google has some contradictory opinions about how nice Mrs. Bush was and her comments.  I was surprised that The Mooch had his wife in the audience.  I thought they were getting divorced.  Maybe since he is out of the White House things have improved on the home front.

I noticed he was wearing his wedding ring.

• Love 1

damn, some people will do anything not to work...hey, I get it, I was married to an attorney for many years. But I worked, but didn't have ta. She should have thrown him to the curb. 

Edited by atlantaloves
remembering ex husband
12 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Mrs Bush was a true product of her time and her background,imo.  However, thanks to her initiative on Litteracy, I got a scholarship. It was one year of free college credits. In exchange, I volunteered in a center to help people learn how to read.

It was eye opening. 

As far as the Mooch, she has young children. So he might be an asshole, but he is her asshole. The divorce petition has been withdrawn a while back.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree she did do a lot for literacy and glad you got your scholarship. She had a lot of good qualities. She also mouthed off now and then. Human. 

Thanks. It was life changing.

• Love 4

The Mooch reminds me somewhat of Mario Cantone, although less frenetic and of course not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that. I have a gay son) , so maybe that's what draws Joy to him.

• Love 3