Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Eleventh Hour

• Start Topic

Even though I lay most of the blame at Molly's feet...I don't think it would be the same result no matter who they matched her up with. More than just a beef cake body, she also wanted a mans man and Jon acted like a juvenile boy that first night and may have forever put an image in her head. The right man would have had a romantic night if not a sexual one. I don't believe she gave him any chance after that. I doubt any man would make it to decision day though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Even though I lay most of the blame at Molly's feet...I don't think it would be the same result no matter who they matched her up with. More than just a beef cake body, she also wanted a mans man and Jon acted like a juvenile boy that first night and may have forever put an image in her head. The right man would have had a romantic night if not a sexual one. I don't believe she gave him any chance after that. I doubt any man would make it to decision day though.

Not arguing but curious - what is/was so juvenile about Jon?  Because I'm not seeing it.

• Love 8
Just now, princelina said:

Not arguing but curious - what is/was so juvenile about Jon?  Because I'm not seeing it.

On their wedding night he was being silly and giggling and making jokes about farting in bed. I only saw a clip but she was disappointed (disgusted?) enough before she even mentioned it to Jon she told one of the counselors. Jon evidently took it to heart and knocked it off but it may have had a lingering effect. Of course I'm just speculating which is fun...

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

On their wedding night he was being silly and giggling and making jokes about farting in bed. I only saw a clip but she was disappointed (disgusted?) enough before she even mentioned it to Jon she told one of the counselors. Jon evidently took it to heart and knocked it off but it may have had a lingering effect. Of course I'm just speculating which is fun...

Haha that kills me because even though I haven't seen that clip, at one point I speculated on these boards that her distaste for him had to do with farting in bed :D

Edited by princelina
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, red12 said:

DrewPaul2010, you are so right about Ryan. My dh and I agree that any couple who agrees to stay married should not watch the footage. I cannot even grasp how devastated I would be to hear my dh speak about me the way Ryan did. If Jackie is too swept up in her desire for marriage to dump him, I pray he dumps her because not being married to Ryan can turn out to be the greatest blessing of her life.

My wife and I barely tolerate each other but we wouldn't say something so callous. I bet the bank if she were to reject him he'd be the kind that would contort himself with tears and I love you's to get her back. But if she does come back he'd dump her. Seen that movie too many times. I hate guys like that. Stay away from him Jephte. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

So, what was the big deal of him being silly and saying that?  After all, they were married.  I'm not arguing, just saying that he was comfortable.  She was so proper and turned by that?  How did he feel when she revealed that she had a threesome?  She wasn't too prim and proper when she revealed that to the world.  Don't you agree?  Not arguing.  Just saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", right?  Rules don't seem to apply for little prissy Goody two shoes Molly.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

So, what was the big deal of him being silly and saying that?  After all, they were married.  I'm not arguing, just saying that he was comfortable.  She was so proper and turned by that?  How did he feel when she revealed that she had a threesome?  She wasn't too prim and proper when she revealed that to the world.  Don't you agree?  Not arguing.  Just saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", right?  Rules don't seem to apply for little prissy Goody two shoes Molly.

I agree...any decent, feeling, caring person who obligated themselves to this proposition would over look first night jitters. This might be a reason things went south so quickly but its no excuse. There are always two sides to a coin...do you think this would have occurred no matter who she was matched up with?  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What the heck were Shawniece and Jep arguing about in the car? Something about who was supposed to drive or one car needing gas or some other bullshit? They had my head spinning. They are so childish! I want to know who gets the puppy dog because they are clearly not going to make it. I think they may actually try and stay together for a few weeks after the show but their immaturity will get the best of them. 

Shallow observances: Molly's skin looked worse than ever, the acne has traveled over to the other side of her face. Girl, you ain't all that...

Jackie- I love her, she deserves the best,  but can't she ever wash or brush that stringy, mousy hair of hers? Get a style, for godsakes! 

Or get some oil control make-up???  I have oily skin- not as bad as Jackie though- so I am not throwing shade at all but I do everything I can to control it.  I am still not over that Clinique stopped making Sheer Matteness T-Zone Shine Control. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I agree...any decent, feeling, caring person who obligated themselves to this proposition would over look first night jitters. This might be a reason things went south so quickly but its no excuse. There are always two sides to a coin...do you think this would have occurred no matter who she was matched up with?  

Yes I do.  She liked him at the ceremony, then turned off when he made the joke I presume.  My husband has said plenty of things I didn't like, but I didn't carry a grudge.  I just think she's a spoiled, entitled, brat who's a pain in the ass.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

Or get some oil control make-up???  I have oily skin- not as bad as Jackie though- so I am not throwing shade at all but I do everything I can to control it.  I am still not over that Clinique stopped making Sheer Matteness T-Zone Shine Control. 

I'm a guy but its apparent to me how she looks is dependent on how she feels. When she feels good about her relationship her smile beams, her complexion lights up and she gets her hair looking good. She looked pretty good when she went to see Molly, I bet in her mind she didn't want to play second banana. When she is sad due to her dysfunctional husband she doesn't care how she looks and her affectation is sad and premature wrinkles surface. I hope she takes the time to find a worthy man...

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm a guy but its apparent to me how she looks is dependent on how she feels. When she feels good about her relationship her smile beams, her complexion lights up and she gets her hair looking good. She looked pretty good when she went to see Molly, I bet in her mind she didn't want to play second banana. When she is sad due to her dysfunctional husband she doesn't care how she looks and her affectation is sad and premature wrinkles surface. I hope she takes the time to find a worthy man...

She looks depressed.  She looked good a couple of weeks ago, but since Ryan got the notion that he doesn't want to stay married, she looks terrible and sad.  She didn't deserve this lunatic.  These matchmaking experts are useless.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Yes.  I don't see that Jon did anything so weird that it should be an irredeemable turn-off.  (Maybe I hang out with the wrong people - but it seems to me that guys always find farts funnier than girls do :)  And if he did she should tell us what it was, because it would have been something atypical that she would have to explain, that was a specific deal-breaker for her.

IMO she wanted a perfect guy who would behave in the way she deemed acceptable in every situation, and if he didn't he would immediately understand that and rectify his behavior after apologizing, and behave repentantly until she deigned to forgive him, and etc etc.  In other words - her perfect imaginary guy!  Sadly that guy doesn't exist, or Mr P would be taking lessons from him :)

• Love 9

An ex of mine was like Jon.  Pretty but weirdly hyper and sweaty.  I had no attraction to him.  But the difference is that I didn’t lie about my lack of attraction.  But I wasn’t on a tv show. Molly needed to own it early and not lie to the cameras 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yes.  I don't see that Jon did anything so weird that it should be an irredeemable turn-off.  (Maybe I hang out with the wrong people - but it seems to me that guys always find farts funnier than girls do :)  And if he did she should tell us what it was, because it would have been something atypical that she would have to explain, that was a specific deal-breaker for her.

IMO she wanted a perfect guy who would behave in the way she deemed acceptable in every situation, and if he didn't he would immediately understand that and rectify his behavior after apologizing, and behave repentantly until she deigned to forgive him, and etc etc.  In other words - her perfect imaginary guy!  Sadly that guy doesn't exist, or Mr P would be taking lessons from him :)

We the viewers have the right to know exactly why Molly got so turned off by Jon.  Can it be so terrible that it can't be revealed?  All the others are saying what is bothering them.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I also thought Jon's mother seemed cold. Even if it were a reenactment, I would only say positive things to my kid. Maybe she was kind of joking around? it's hard to say.

FWIW, I thought she was joking around, not really knowing what to say in front of the camera.  Like "Well, we don't have much for you here, just a couple of boxes in the basement".  Or perhaps she wanted to give Jon the boxes so he could move out of his apartment with Molly.  I sensed only positive vibes from her to her son.  She strikes me as a rational, corporate type and a typical New England WASP, even though I have no idea where she's originally from especially given that Jon said he grew up in Florida.  I do know she has a law degree and that house he visited her in is in Maine.  They're not rich but they seem to live well.  I actually liked her and her husband.

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

We the viewers have the right to know exactly why Molly got so turned off by Jon.  Can it be so terrible that it can't be revealed?  All the others are saying what is bothering them.

I somehow have a feeling that even if she told us what it was it would still smell like BS.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

There is a reunion episode on May 1st 9pm so fingers crossed we get more info on what went so wrong between Molly & Jon

I don't like how in recent seasons the reunion episodes have been filmed one month after decision day rather than 6 months. I doubt we will learn that much about what went wrong. Did people ever get a satisfactory answer as to why Cody and Danielle broke up last season? (I stopped watching last season after 2 episodes). Their situation seemed similar to Molly and Jon's in that the man wanted to consummate the marriage and the woman did not. 

• Love 3

See the thing with the farting joke (& I have a juvenile sense of humor so could've appreciated it more) is that given they were strangers at that point, he took a chance on what kind of sense of humor (if any) she may have had, & it didn't work for her.

It's a 'marriage' but not typical, because this is also two people who have no freakin' clue about each other. Their 'marriage' is billed as an 'experiment' & portrayed on TV, but that's what they chose to do & it's a huge chance to take. If she is picky this is not the 'experiment' for her. She really needed to choose her own, more serious gent for herself, as Jon was not up her alley, & um, wasn't ever going to be...  (so to speak).

• Love 5
17 hours ago, kira28 said:

The people who go on this show have to realize by now that they are selected for how much drama they may cause not because they are actually good candidates or are even interested in marriage. From past seasons David was a loser nowhere near ready for marriage begin financially. Basement Ryan had a girlfriend. Trey didn't want to be married and was cheating. Nate was a Cheater.. Who hid behind his faith and destroyed a woman I believe truly wanted to be married. Derrick was a, pot smoking slacker who worked an entry level job at a call center. Sean was a loser who wanted exposure, not marriage. And this season they pick a guy who has never really even had a relationship beyond hook ups at the fire station. And another who hasn't ever seriously dated someone. No freaking way these guys were ready for marriage. You have to at least be in a serious relationship to learn to be able to compromise and relate to another person and to even know what you want in a marriage. Jephte flies off the handle at the smallest things. He seems to have no ability to share experiences with another person. I can see him trying bit he gets upset over everything. I get it woukd be annoying that Shawniece offers to drive and then 24 hours later she acts like she never offered and jephte has, to drive but chill man. It's not the deal breaker you are making it into. 

If Ryan can not even commit to and make time for a woman for 8 weeks  no way in  hell should he be married. He was stepping out on Jackie with his boys in what week 2? If he lost interest and Jackie became so replacable that quickly  there was never any hope for them. I don't understand how Jackie doesn't see what a huge douchebag Ryan is. 

Jon saying Molly ruined his life... I don't get that. It's 2 months of your life dude. If he was smart he would have been going on interviews and had a job at the end of the 8 weeks. Him acting like he's homeless was dumb, he got money from the show so he should be OK. 

I don't know that I would put Derrick in the asshole group necessarily.  I think he was honest about smoking and he did seem to want to do what he could to make things work with Heather.  Heather was checked out from the first day and nothing was going to change that.  I remember wondering at the time why she didn't at least try and have fun on the honeymoon, even if the romance wasn't there but girl wasn't having any of it.  Unless a lot of stuff was happening off camera that we weren't privy to, Heather was by far more the "bad guy" in that scenario.

Regarding Jephte and Shawniece, they BOTH fly off the handle at small things.  It could be how both are, or how they react under pressure, but it could also be red flags that it's not working.

Do we know that Jon didn't go on job interviews when the 8 weeks was up?  I think he will realize that Molly did not ruin his life but at the time this is going down, for someone who wanted to be married only once in their life, I can understand the sentiment.  

17 hours ago, Iseut said:

I don't think Jephte and Shawniece are well suited to each other. You just can't force someone to be openly loving and affectionate if they're not naturally so, and ESPECIALLY if they don't really share the intensity of your feelings. 

That said, watching Jephte with the other guys...he's not perfect, but he's streets ahead of the other two as far as decency and maturity goes. (I don't really like Jon. He doesn't deserve Molly's shittiness, but I still think he's immature and self-obsessed). It would be nice to see Jephte grow to care about Shawniece because they both seem like good people, but I don't have high hopes.

When Ryan immediately changed his tune about marriage as soon as Jon told them that he and Molly were kaput, I got a real George Costanza vibe from him. When Elaine was dating Dan Cortese, George developed a mancrush on him, all "He's just a cool guy! I've never really hung out with a cool guy before!" And he started doing everything just like the Cool Guy. I get that vibe from Ryan. He wants so much to do what the cool guys do, because he himself is such a douchebag loser.  Jackie should be overjoyed that he's giving her an easy out.

Thing is, Jephte could be an openly loving and affectionate person in time.  He's said several times, most recently being in the Unfiltered epi this week, that he's the type of person that takes time to warm up and feel comfortable.  He mentioned that Shawniece was telling him she loved him and loved certain characteristics about him from the get go, which was confusing (and probably frightening) to him since she didn't know him well enough to state that with certainty at the time she said it.  To me, Jephte seems like an honest guy.  He admitted that he wasn't in love with Shawniece, not yet.  That's perfectly normal.  If they were just dating, it wouldn't be unusual to still be figuring out the love part 8 weeks or less in.  There's an awful lot of expectation when you're MAFS. 

The problem (IMO) with Jephte and Shawniece is that Shawniece expected the madly in love part from the wedding day and when she doesn't get it, or at least see a glimmer of it, she freaks out.  Every little bump in the road or disagreement she reads as a catastrophe and she's ready to call it quits, or at least prepare herself for it, even if she doesn't say it.   Yes, Jephte gets frustrated too and his way of dealing with that seems to be to clam up and go silent.  Then he seems to move past it but Shawniece holds on to it.  I like both of them and I think it could work if they both go to counseling and work on how to successfully communicate with one another and Shawniece learns how to deal with conflict and not assume it's doomsday every time.

The cheese may stand alone but I'm not getting that Jon is self absorbed or ridiculously juvenile.  I think he's got a goofy sense of humor at times - - heck, he's only 29.  But I don't seem him as some 24/7 frat boy whose immaturity drove Molly away.  I think he tried to make her comfortable and lighten the mood in the beginning by way of humor.  Molly portrayed herself as someone who was goofy and funny and "life of the party."  Makes sense to me that he would try that route if she seemed nervous or uncomfortable.  Of course, now we know that Molly isn't who or what she portrayed from the start.  She probably needs someone quiet and more introspective like Jephte - - although she really doesn't need anyone at all right now other than a legitimate therapist. 

• Love 10
On 4/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, Neurochick said:

He wants to be married but doesn’t want to put in any effort.

That's kind of how I see it too.  He doesn't seem to want to change his lifestyle at all.  I believe they will decide to stay together, and I'm also inclined to believe Ryan is somewhat of a victim of bad editing.  They really want to focus on his bad behavior and make her look angelic.  In the end, I don't believe he's that bad, and I do think he realizes Jackie is a good catch.

I just can't imagine any guy being able to put up with Shawneice for any length of time.  Jepthe is too laid back for her kind of dramatics.

Please forgive me, because I normally don't comment on people's appearances, but in at least the last two episodes Jackie's hair is so bad.  Could be the hot lights...it does look like she has thin hair...but it just looks like she needs to wash it.  Or pull it back away from her face.  It's so scraggly and greasy looking.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

The cheese may stand alone but I'm not getting that Jon is self absorbed or ridiculously juvenile.  I think he's got a goofy sense of humor at times - - heck, he's only 29.  But I don't seem him as some 24/7 frat boy whose immaturity drove Molly away.  I think he tried to make her comfortable and lighten the mood in the beginning by way of humor.  Molly portrayed herself as someone who was goofy and funny and "life of the party."  Makes sense to me that he would try that route if she seemed nervous or uncomfortable.  Of course, now we know that Molly isn't who or what she portrayed from the start.  She probably needs someone quiet and more introspective like Jephte - - although she really doesn't need anyone at all right now other than a legitimate therapist. 

That's exactly how I see it.  I do think it was a bit early for Jon to launch into the fart jokes precisely because it might be taken the wrong way, but if it were me I'd chalk it up to first week nerves making him try to lighten the mood a bit and not hold it against him.  I don't see him as immature or a total frat boy either.  I think he has some depth for his age.  I know some women who would disqualify a guy if he didn't wear the right shoes, so Molly strikes me as someone who's too specific in what she wants.  That leads me to believe she's looking for someone in her past, perhaps a guy she crushed on or her father.  If neither was the type to make goofy jokes like that it becomes a turn off.  Instead of being open to a new person she is closed off looking for someone that reminds her of someone else.  Not fair to Jon or anyone, really, and least of all herself because she will pass up really decent, compatible guys in search of someone that she can fantasize is exactly like the one she's really looking for.  Even if she did find someone that reminded her of that person, after a while they would not live up to her ideal image and fall short in her eyes, which is why I agree with you that she needs a therapist.

• Love 5

The cheese may stand alone but I'm not getting that Jon is self absorbed or ridiculously juvenile.  I think he's got a goofy sense of humor at times - - heck, he's only 29.  But I don't seem him as some 24/7 frat boy whose immaturity drove Molly away.  I think he tried to make her comfortable and lighten the mood in the beginning by way of humor.  Molly portrayed herself as someone who was goofy and funny and "life of the party."  Makes sense to me that he would try that route if she seemed nervous or uncomfortable.  Of course, now we know that Molly isn't who or what she portrayed from the start. 

You don’t stand alone.  I also think Jon was trying to make things fun and lighten the mood.  Molly never said anything to Jon or asked him to tone it down.  She complained to the experts about him, which was pretty shady.  The experts said something to Jon and he responded that he was in “vacation mode” which made perfect sense to me.  Most of us have a “live it up” attitude while on vacation.  He immediately was accommodating to Molly and toned it down once the experts brought it up.  I can’t think of a single time the entire 8 weeks that Molly has been accommodating to Jon.   Sure, she put on a red wig - but only for the cameras, not Jon.

• Love 9

Just caught up on last 2 episodes the other night. No offense to anyone but I'm convinced Molly went on the sow to get TV exposure for a modeling/acting career like so many who go on shows like the bachelor and others. There have been so many slip ups that have aired reading her mannerisms/body language where it comes across as contrived and Jon is just playing along because obviously they talked about it before camera's rolled. My opinion. Glad she was exposed and video'd by Jon and it seems the program agreed to blur the video to avoid and protect Moll;y because she was making angry faces at Jon so they could extend the suspense for another week plus when we all knew it was pretty much over. I feel for both of their families whether they are genuine or not as they are all entrenched in this drama and will continue to be long after.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Molly keeps hanging her hat on the whole sex thing because she knows a man pressuring a woman to have sex when she's not ready is a sympathetic angle.  All of the Molly apologists out there all say one thing over and over: "she doesn't have to have sex with him if she doesn't want to!" like that's why everyone hates her.  It's an overly simplistic and, frankly, disingenuous argument to make.  It's not about her not having sex with him.  It's about her making it abundantly clear to him that she can barely stand to be in the same room with him and doesn't want him anywhere near her (unless the cameras are on, then it's show time!)  No one should be expected to put up with that.  Yet Molly has the nerve to attempt to present herself as the victim because Jon no longer wanted to play along with her little farce.  I got really upset when she was trying to tell the girls that he blew up because he was tired of waiting for sex.  That's a blatant lie and she knows it.  It goes WAY deeper than just sex.  It's really shitty of Molly to try and paint Jon as this caveman jerk who is making her life hell because she won't spread her legs for him.  Now THAT behavior is "disgusting."

You win the best post in thread award for me with this.  This is a very good insight, and one I felt but couldn't quite articulate.  John blew up because he got tired of being insulted and treated like a POS by her 24/7 unless the cameras were on.  The only time she was "happy" with him was when she didn't have to focus on him at all, and it was about the experience of traveling or being in an amusement part, etc.  I really doubt he put that much pressure on her for sex.  She seemed to think him walking around in his underwear was a step away from sexual harassment, meanwhile the guy is married and on his honeymoon and sleeping in the same bed with her.  What was he supposed to do, keep himself wrapped in blankets?  It's not like he was throwing her down on the bed and pushing himself on her.  Jon actually felt rejected all along in every way, but when they talked about it alone and with the experts she deliberately went out of her way to make him (and them) think there was still a chance and that it wasn't that she didn't like him, it was just that she wasn't ready for sex yet.  The truth was she didn't want anything to do with him period and it wasn't "just about sex", which is 10x worse.  So in addition to lying she was stringing him and the experts along, probably because she didn't want to forfeit the episode salary.  I wish the show would find a way to find her in breach of contract and deny her the salary.

I also think David's Ashley in that previous season was engaging in a similar ruse although she didn't even try to hide her contempt for David in every way, so why he acted like he was holding out hope was beyond me.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I somehow have a feeling that even if she told us what it was it would still smell like BS.

When you mention smell.......I went out with someone years ago, he was fun and funny and we hit it off fine, but it was his personal smell.  It wasn't bad or odorous at all, but he had a distinct smell that just turned me off.   Kind of cinamonny with a pungent grease monkey smell.  And I knew no matter if he doused himself in cologne, that was his personal scent and I would never be able to handle it.  We went out twice and then it just faded away.  Now....how would you say something like that on TV?  It sounds so shallow, but I was actually repulsed by it.  It was the only thing about him that I didn't like.  And my guess with Molly is she was instantly not attracted to him, because she hardly ever kissed him or held his hand, yet kept saying they had so much in common.  I have to hand it to her....on camera she did not give a clue to what she really felt.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

When you mention smell.......I went out with someone years ago, he was fun and funny and we hit it off fine, but it was his personal smell.  It wasn't bad or odorous at all, but he had a distinct smell that just turned me off.   Kind of cinamonny with a pungent grease monkey smell.  And I knew no matter if he doused himself in cologne, that was his personal scent and I would never be able to handle it.  We went out twice and then it just faded away.  Now....how would you say something like that on TV?  It sounds so shallow, but I was actually repulsed by it.  It was the only thing about him that I didn't like.  And my guess with Molly is she was instantly not attracted to him, because she hardly ever kissed him or held his hand, yet kept saying they had so much in common.  I have to hand it to her....on camera she did not give a clue to what she really felt.

We actually discussed this very possibility in a previous episode thread, but the more I see of Molly and her dishonesty the more I don't believe it was something as simple as that.  And even if it were, it still wouldn't excuse what she did to Jon.  If it were something so inane as that why all the venom towards him?  That smells like baggage and issues to me as well as BS.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
On 4/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, Gem 10 said:

Next season, I just hope production gets someone who is qualified to interview on "Unfiltered".  Jamie talks too fast and makes those stupid faces.  Not pleasant to watch.

And has the same comment before EVERY single commercial break: Don't go away now . . . . stay right there! Ugh.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

I nominate Anthony D'Amico to replace JamieO....

I don't have a problem with Jaime other than she talks way too fast on camera.  It's like stop...take a breath.  She bites off half her words.  I chalked it up to nerves the first couple episodes but she's still doing it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

In this case, I don't see how it could be smell, because she seems to have no problem being in close quarters with him (car, bar, etc), which would be too difficult if there was that offensive a smell to her.

I've also wondered about her kiss at the altar, where she didn't seem to have a problem with physical affection to him.  So either she was attracted to him then, and for whatever reason (perceived immaturity, etc.) lost the attraction, or she never was attracted and put on a good show because this is where people (both IRL and viewers) would form their first impression and she damn well wanted that to be good.  

• Love 3

Even if the issue with Molly and Jon was something like smell - - and I don't think it is - - it doesn't excuse how vile she has been toward him.  Saying "you're disgusting" and "you're fucking disgusting" and telling that person your skin crawls whenever they touch you?  That's beyond the pale.  That is flat out hatred in my book.  Even resentment doesn't usually have that much venom.  

I don't think Jon "did" anything.  I think Molly had no intention of making it work.  It was easy to disguise and go along with things during the wedding and immediately following.  I think that's why she was okay kissing him at the altar and being a bit more close during the honeymoon.  I think Jon was all in and as he began to question her about things, she got angry and started with the verbal abuse.  Not having sex was a convenient outlet for both.  Jon may have thought it could fix the issues, at first, while Molly could use it as an excuse or reason to not get close to him, because he was upset/angry about the lack of it. 

I have zero sympathy for Molly.  I feel badly for Jon.

• Love 14

Regarding Ryan and Jackie - - I saw a post somewhere upthread where the poster was questioning why Jackie would stay with Ryan and hope the marriage works.

I think Jackie was much too fragile to go on this show and not enough time had gone by after her fiancé's death.  The experts should have recognized this.  This marriage was a way for her to heal, move forward and possibly "replace" her lost love.  Imagine how devastating it would be for the marriage to fail.  I worry how she felt when viewing Ryan's comments to the guys about how it really wouldn't bother him at all if the marriage didn't succeed.  That's horrible.    Jackie is desperate for the relationship to work because she's unconsciously tied it to her fiancé.  IMO, she's very clearly depressed.  I think that's why her hair looks limp and unkempt.   Geez, Dr. Pepper picked up right away during the home visit that Jackie looked incredibly sad.  Why on earth didn't she speak to her one on one and really find out what was going on?    I think Jackie would benefit from a few days away from Ryan, to rest, relax and clear her head.

• Love 13

From Jon's Twittter...

Jonathan Francetic‏ @JonFrancetic 15h15 hours ago

A girl sees me on the train and says “I’ve been working up the courage to come say hi since (a station we left 40mins ago)” ...that’s what every guy who’s ever approached you goes through. Remember that for when you shoot him down in two seconds- have a little empathy

Wonder if Jon was as empathetic BEFORE he was "Mollified" not to be confused with the actual meaning of mollified...

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I worry how she felt when viewing Ryan's comments to the guys about how it really wouldn't bother him at all if the marriage didn't succeed.  That's horrible.

Ryan is a self centered jerk who wanted some attention & was probably trying to look like the big guy to his 'bros' by marrying an unsuspecting stranger on TV. He had no idea what to do with, nor had any patience for, an actual human woman with needs as opposed to his usual blow up dolls, so began twisting events to others to put it all on Jaclyn since he never wanted to be part of an actual marriage.

He threw Jaclyn a manipulative bone every once in a while then continued to callously neglect her. He then talked about her, to the other men, on camera, knowing it would be seen by Jaclyn & everyone in her life, like she's been nothing to him - just something that happened & if it ends, meh, so what?  He's pissing on everything she's ever done to try to make their 'marriage', that he was clearly never interested in, work.  His cruel words conveyed the clear message that she didn't matter to him at all. She will find out, while watching with everyone else, that he couldn't have cared less.

All Ryan cares about is Ryan, & he has admitted that life is all about him, all the time. Jaclyn is just another piece of road kill as he continues to roll right along in life, never looking back or caring who he's flattened.

He deserved to have his meatloaf & potatoes smashed into his smug, fugly face.

He's a detestable POS.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12

I worry how she felt when viewing Ryan's comments to the guys about how it really wouldn't bother him at all if the marriage didn't succeed.

42 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She will find out, while watching with everyone else, that he couldn't have cared less.

Yep you would think that the POS would at least give her heads up to what he said even if they do not decide to stay married on decision day, though I suspect they do last a few months in the real world due to Jackie being way to forgiving but nope Ryan the douche bag struck again.

jac.thumb.jpg.513bef36b38fede6c8d0602e4cc853c6.jpg

• Love 5

I must be in the minority, but I think Jackie's got Ryan's number by now and is just letting him show his ass as much as possible until decision day. Her expressions when he's talking say it all. Not that she isn't sad, mad etc. but I think she knows what's up.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

I must be in the minority, but I think Jackie's got Ryan's number by now and is just letting him show his ass as much as possible until decision day. Her expressions when he's talking say it all. Not that she isn't sad, mad etc. but I think she knows what's up.

Her expressions do seem to say that. I also think the door closing behind her shot is significant in showing she's distancing herself from him (hopefully).

But I think we'll know for sure depending on what happens decision day.

• Love 3

One of the most telling comments Ryan made was "If we split up I wouldn't be that upset." I'm paraphrasing, but when I heard him say that to the other guys I thought that summed it all up in one sentence. He doesn't care about Jaclyn in the slightest. She wants to make it work and is trying too hard. She needs to break ties. He's not into her and doesn't really care at all. Jaclyn looks so sad. Find someone who loves you, Jaclyn.

When the counselor/expert asked Molly and Jon what percentage they were still in trying to make this work and Molly said 2% and Jon said 1% I was incredulous and found the answers totally disingenuous. Jon, if the person you're married to says you touching her makes her skin crawl you should be -100% into trying to make the marriage work. Marriage is over. She said you were disgusting over and over again. How you even remain civil to her is beyond me. Must be for the sake of the show.

Jephte and Shawniece seem ok together, not the romance of the century or anything, but just ok. Compared to the other couples they look like a great couple. When they were in the maize and Jephte said something about "how can you even ruin this?" That pretty much summed it up. Have fun, enjoy yourself, and stop trying to always force the togetherness and whining "but we're married" over and over again. It's exhausting.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Matty said:

One of the most telling comments Ryan made was "If we split up I wouldn't be that upset." I'm paraphrasing, but when I heard him say that to the other guys I thought that summed it all up in one sentence. He doesn't care about Jaclyn in the slightest. 

Actually, if I recall correctly those comments by Ryan were made *after* Jephte said he didn't love Shawniece, either. And (of course) Jephte's comment came after Jon's declaration that he and Molly are "separated" and he's done with her. Someone (I think maybe it was Ryan) asked, "Do you love Molly?" And Jon said something like, "No, but I was really dedicated to making this marriage work. She made it impossible" [paraphrasing].

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Actually, if I recall correctly those comments by Ryan were made *after* Jephte said he didn't love Shawniece, either. And (of course) Jephte's comment came after Jon's declaration that he and Molly are "separated" and he's done with her. Someone (I think maybe it was Ryan) asked, "Do you love Molly?" And Jon said something like, "No, but I was really dedicated to making this marriage work. She made it impossible" [paraphrasing].

And while speaking of their concerns/issues/difficulties in their marriages, neither Jon nor Jephte spoke disrespectfully of their wives.

Ryan is a disgusting prick.

• Love 13
Just now, gonecrackers said:

And while speaking of their concerns/issues/difficulties in their marriages, neither Jon nor Jephte spoke disrespectfully of their wives.

Ryan is a disgusting prick.

Indeed. They were speaking in more general terms, about the level of emotional investment they had developed in their 'marriages'. Glad you pointed that out.

• Love 3

Even if the issue with Molly and Jon was something like smell - - and I don't think it is - - it doesn't excuse how vile she has been toward him.  Saying "you're disgusting" and "you're fucking disgusting" and telling that person your skin crawls whenever they touch you?  That's beyond the pale.  That is flat out hatred in my book.  Even resentment doesn't usually have that much venom.  

I don't think Jon "did" anything.  I think Molly had no intention of making it work.  It was easy to disguise and go along with things during the wedding and immediately following.  I think that's why she was okay kissing him at the altar and being a bit more close during the honeymoon.  I think Jon was all in and as he began to question her about things, she got angry and started with the verbal abuse.  Not having sex was a convenient outlet for both.  Jon may have thought it could fix the issues, at first, while Molly could use it as an excuse or reason to not get close to him, because he was upset/angry about the lack of it. 

I have zero sympathy for Molly.  I feel badly for Jon.

My guess is there is a whole different story behind the small glimpse we get to see. I don't think they ever get to the point they forget the cameras are on. Its hard to imagine the moment the camera's go off they both immediately go off to their own corners and their camera appearances are all staged. I assume there is an agreement of when and how long the cameras are on. I don't know if a crew is at all the shots I'd love to hear from someone who was on the show to say how its all done. If the only time Molly acted interested in the marriage was when the camera's were rolling then Jon would have to be in on the ruse. Other wise he would have to be unbelievably stupid to not know she was putting on a show. When the bar scene occurred apparently they were sitting with each other and had been at the bar after the camera's were turned off. I don't know what to make of that snippet, clearly some of it she was ticked at being recorded but if so she still acted as she did, said what she said knowing it was being captured.  

Again no man (or woman) can demand sex as a right of marriage. But its certainly an expectation and an integral part of a marriage. Granted its a marriage under bizarre circumstances but one they both agreed to. I still find it hard to believe Molly from the moment she applied had no intention of being married and being a wife. Clearly it was married upon approval which is the frustrating part for us viewers. We expect both newlyweds to on 'faith' give it a 100% and I think Jon did that more. Assuming Molly didn't approve from the first day on and knew in her heart (or mind) this was never ever going to work she should have done the decent thing and let Jon know. They could still get together for their outings and just consider it a date. I wonder if all those shots of them laying in bed were just for the camera. I assume when ever she showered she would lock the door or did they have a second bathroom? Probably won't find out until the reunion show.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

There was some benefit to these couples getting together and becoming friends but there was a negative side. All it took was one of the couples to throw in the towel for that negative energy to flow to the other couples. Notice though the fact the other couples were sexual didn't move Molly the least bit. I believe he was dedicated I believe she made it impossible.

• Love 2

I'd much rather see Jackie's uncombed hair and sweatpants than Molly's careful grooming and fully made up face 24/7. One is real and reflects actual sadness while the other is a practiced lie.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

My guess is there is a whole different story behind the small glimpse we get to see. I don't think they ever get to the point they forget the cameras are on. Its hard to imagine the moment the camera's go off they both immediately go off to their own corners and their camera appearances are all staged. I assume there is an agreement of when and how long the cameras are on. I don't know if a crew is at all the shots I'd love to hear from someone who was on the show to say how its all done. If the only time Molly acted interested in the marriage was when the camera's were rolling then Jon would have to be in on the ruse. Other wise he would have to be unbelievably stupid to not know she was putting on a show. When the bar scene occurred apparently they were sitting with each other and had been at the bar after the camera's were turned off. I don't know what to make of that snippet, clearly some of it she was ticked at being recorded but if so she still acted as she did, said what she said knowing it was being captured.  

Again no man (or woman) can demand sex as a right of marriage. But its certainly an expectation and an integral part of a marriage. Granted its a marriage under bizarre circumstances but one they both agreed to. I still find it hard to believe Molly from the moment she applied had no intention of being married and being a wife. Clearly it was married upon approval which is the frustrating part for us viewers. We expect both newlyweds to on 'faith' give it a 100% and I think Jon did that more. Assuming Molly didn't approve from the first day on and knew in her heart (or mind) this was never ever going to work she should have done the decent thing and let Jon know. They could still get together for their outings and just consider it a date. I wonder if all those shots of them laying in bed were just for the camera. I assume when ever she showered she would lock the door or did they have a second bathroom? Probably won't find out until the reunion show.

Don't think she even stayed in the same apartment with him.  Probably filmed the bed scene or whatever, then split.

• Love 3

I wonder if they all sign a non-disclosure agreement and they can't even say if they signed one? If I was on the show and wanted to 'leak' information I'd go to a public library, log in anonymously and only identify myself as a participant, a production person or crew then spill the beans...

• Love 2