Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Champs vs. Stars: Stairing Down the Competition

• Start Topic

Challenge All-Stars meet a new group of professional athletes and entertainment high rollers for a high stakes competition in the name of charity…and the title of Ultimate Challenge MVP.

Tony is back on the booze again, clearly. Eyes as glassy as a dope fiend’s and face as bloated as a corpse. He’s also deluded himself into thinking he’s the new Bananas. And hasn’t he only ever beaten Dario and Bruno in an elimination? And lost to Shane and Ammo? Slow your roll, Daddy Drunkest.

His claims of always being an underdog seem suspicious, too. If anything, I think the problem is Tony is given too many chances and offered too many passes after failing to meet expectations because of his looks, which are average to me and fading fast.

- Im too old to be a Drake Bell fan — or even a knower of his existencer — but he’s certainly no Mark-Paul Gosselar, for a generational comparison. Drake looks like he’s seen the business end of a heroin needle more than once. 

- Pity Shane’s herpes didn’t subside by the start of filming. 

- I will never be able to keep these teams straight. They should’ve just done male champs with female stars and vice versa

- Jozea was first boot on Big Brother, no? So the only thing he learned about deception is that he’s remarkably poor at it.

And thanks, show, for letting us know J.Lo’s beard was staying by featuring that fight with Shane so prominently in the teaser. Can always count on a BMP production to be purely incompetent from start to finish.

• Love 6

I love CT.  I swear he just goes into beast mode in comps and no matter the shape he is in....finds a way to win.  

Who does Tony think he is?   I also laughed that it took 2 seconds of Wes being on his team to have him suddenly be in charge.  

• Love 15

Do the stars take time to watch pervious seasons of the show so that they can get an idea of who they might be competing against and how they act. That poor VSM who's name I don't know that got offended by Kaylah's ratchet trucker mouth. Kaylah clearly doesn't know that this show is slightly different and try to treat people with respect.

Good god Tony is horrible. I looked up Foster and according to the internet he is worth 20 million and Tony is acting like he is better than him. Um no you moron and if the competition was a regular run of the mill sport he would beat you in a second. I loved his "your gonna look like a jerk on TV" to Devin when asked if he could do a puzzle. I guess vendetta's was airing at the time this taped. 

I was hoping this new format would give the stars a chance but if the champs get them out first I'll definitely disappointed. I'm sure these young idiots will ruin there "alliance" so some stars will make it.

I remember lil mama and the dance crew show. I liked that show. MTV needs more of those shows and less teenage trainwrecks. And her "yesterday I thought Tony was good looking now I think he's an ass" sure doesn't take long for Tony to show his true colors.

I feel sad for Aneesa she just can't catch a break. It's really kinda embarrassing. Out of the champ girls her only real competition would be Kam maybe Tori but probably not. Women against women the stars seem to have more well rounded players but this isn't something they are used to so who knows. 

As long as CT is on I'll watch. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

Tony is back on the booze again, clearly. Eyes as glassy as a dope fiend’s and face as bloated as a corpse.

I said the same thing when they showed his talking head.  He looked so bloated and awful.  The last couple seasons have really given him a big head.  

3 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

That poor VSM who's name I don't know that got offended by Kaylah's ratchet trucker mouth. Kaylah clearly doesn't know that this show is slightly different and try to treat people with respect.

Selita (aka one of the many beautiful women Nick Cannon has bagged with sorcery).  I loved when she cocked her said to the side with a "what in the hell!" look towards Kaylah.  She's Caribbean and I think I hear a hint of New Yorker, so I have no doubt she can go head to head with Kaylah is she needs to.  Also Kaylah, take it down a couple notches.

3 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

I remember lil mama and the dance crew show. I liked that show. MTV needs more of those shows and less teenage trainwrecks. And her "yesterday I thought Tony was good looking now I think he's an ass" sure doesn't take long for Tony to show his true colors.

I was wondering what she was drinking when she was drooling for Tony, so I'm glad she came to her senses.  

Boobie is hot!  So are a couple of the other star guys.  #shallow

I feel like they went out of their way to get Star drama queens this season.  It looks like it will be a hot mess and I am here for it.

• Love 1

I'm going to be DVRing this. I have a job, and I get up before 6, so I feel that I shouldn't be watching anything with intent going to 11 p.m. It helps that I'm not caring about most of the idjits on both sides. And we got Wes and Devin in the same edition, which means ego in stereo. Seriously, they're basically the same guy. If you punch one in the face, the other feels it. Devin's back is probably still sore from the excessive patting after beating Johnny in Vendettas.

CT is still fun to watch. Apparently, not thinking hard enough about a slide with lube will help you up it. Good to know. There should have been male and female heats. I know Shane probably didn't mean to slip, slide, and knock three girls down, but it's still painful. Also: Shane has never made a Challenge final, let alone won a season. Why not just call this Challengers vs. Stars?

New format means that the Stars are going to get bulldozed. And this shit is for charity, which makes things suck a little harder. Mike: "Hey, you guys want my fantasy football fave back in the game?” Team Red: "The Stars are in a minority . . . .so, yeah, Arian’s charity is getting table scraps."

Edited by Lantern7

Hated seeing fricking Smashley acting like she outsmarted Arian Foster. He just didn't give a shit. After the high horse she and Tony were on, I'll be rooting for the stars unless it is CT. Can't root against CT. 

Also, Kaylah.... sucks. I now see why everyone disliked her on past seasons.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Devin with his new "LET'S GO!!!" motto is horrible.  Wes is just still horrible.

I'm with Voltaire on this: "The hallmark of a free society is that I may totally disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to say it until I die"

• Love 3

I suspect Arian Foster wanted to get out of this mess ASAP like TO, who simply left.

Theres no upside for some of these former star athletes to compete in these challenges, which really doesn't maximize their abilities.

Plus they're barking at each other for show and he didn't seem to be too into it.

They probably do this over a week and put them up in hotels rather than having them sleep dorm style.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Plus they're barking at each other for show and he didn't seem to be too into it.

For sure.  Foster was a philosophy major and is known for being a particularly thoughtful guy.  I think he got in there and looked around and thought "nah... I'm out." And Devin looked like a total chump questioning whether Arian Foster could handle a puzzle. The look on Foster's face was priceless. 

• Love 5
On 4/18/2018 at 7:53 PM, Lantern7 said:

New format means that the Stars are going to get bulldozed. And this shit is for charity

I thought that, too, which makes me wonder if there’s not some twist where you can win MVP and not be appointed it by the team, because otherwise none of the Champs will likely ever go to elimination.

Some of the previews seems to imply that Casper does get power enough to piss of Ashley and Shane, somehow.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MaggieG said:

Did they even vote for Casper? Or did Tony pick him and that was it?

Tony was the MVP, so he got to pick who on his team went in.  There might have been a conversation with the team about who he was going to pick, but they didn't show it (that I recall), which made Tony's surprise that Casper was mad about it seem weird.

• Love 1

I just watched the premiere. I usually have a soft spot for Tony and Ashley but after the shit I just witnessed they can go pound sand with their arrogance.

I was really hoping they were going to throw Arian another shot at earning some money for his charity. I also don’t like how the champs are going against their own teammates regardless if it contains “stars” instead of all “champs”, inflated egos MTV gave them.

I hate Shane, and couldn’t stop staring at his herpes outbreak.

The girl that was love at first sight with Tony (I don’t remember her name) has beautiful eyes and reminds me of Rihanna but glad she woke up and realized Tony is a buffoon.

I love Tori and I was secretly hoping for a Tori and Drake hookup later in the season but the previews tell me he went for big mouth Kailah. 

I like Brooke and I think she will go far in this game but I don’t like the comments some of the others have made about her as I’m sure she’s heard “she’s a big bitch” and “her leg is bigger than my whole waist” (by a guy) it enough since she grew to be 5’11”. A girl likes to feel feminine and they made her sound like a beast. Leave her body alone.

I like Kam, her and Tori are one of the few rookies I liked instantly and I hope they go far. Tori is so adorable.

I hope Casper is able to get Tony TimeD out from all of that mouth running he did.

With all of that said, I’m so excited for this season as the last champs verse Stars was boring and none of the stars were interesting to watch, IMO.

I ❤️CT

✌️

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, Adultosaurus said:

Devin with his new "LET'S GO!!!" motto is horrible.  Wes is just still horrible.

Yeah I find that to be highly annoying as well.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Selita (aka one of the many beautiful women Nick Cannon has bagged with sorcery).  

I always found it puzzling how Nick Cannon is able to date and marry all of these beautiful women, so I am glad someone else finds it perplexing as well.  I mean I am not gay so I cannot judge him on looks, but to me he always came across as being very lame.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:32 AM, NickPappagiorgio said:

- Im too old to be a Drake Bell fan — or even a knower of his existencer — but he’s certainly no Mark-Paul Gosselar, for a generational comparison. Drake looks like he’s seen the business end of a heroin needle more than once. 

Drake Bell is what in his early to mid 20's?  That dude looks like he is in his early 40's.

Also what was up with Hennessy's accent?  Is that supposed to be what a Bronx accent sounds like?  She just sounded very odd to me.

10 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I always found it puzzling how Nick Cannon is able to date and marry all of these beautiful women, so I am glad someone else finds it perplexing as well.  I mean I am not gay so I cannot judge him on looks, but to me he always came across as being very lame.

He's not a bad looking guy; but he's certainly not hot.  And he's soooo lame!  I've always thought that it's a combination of being one of those guys that will do anything to please his woman (see past clips of his interactions with Mariah Carey...it was all "You're beautiful, you're amazing, let me get you something to drink/eat, let me rub your feet....") and having a big D (cause really, it has to be massive).  :-D

10 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Drake Bell is what in his early to mid 20's?  That dude looks like he is in his early 40's.

He's early 30s, I'd say 30 or 31.  People forget that before Drake and Josh, he was on The Amanda Show quite a few years before.  But yeah, he looks rough.  

On 4/18/2018 at 1:32 AM, NickPappagiorgio said:

And thanks, show, for letting us know J.Lo’s beard was staying

I actually think J.Lo is Casper's beard....

Ashley looks like she put on a couple pounds, and looks much better for it.  

I'm glad Louise is back.  She's someone who get's the psychological part of the game, but also has the physical ability to dominate.  

• Love 1

Drake Bell was in a very serious car accident a few years ago where he nearly died.  He had a rough time coming out of it and getting healthy.

I love Arian Foster and always wished he were a Giant and not a Texan.  He was just too much for the NFL because he’s such a different personality.  I hate to see him go but yeah like a lot of you it really was like he saw the nonsense and was like yeah, I'm gonna bounce.

Tony and Ashley need to get sent on an ice floe far far away from my television screen in perpetuity.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
On 4/21/2018 at 11:47 AM, luckyroll3 said:

He's not a bad looking guy; but he's certainly not hot.  And he's soooo lame!  I've always thought that it's a combination of being one of those guys that will do anything to please his woman (see past clips of his interactions with Mariah Carey...it was all "You're beautiful, you're amazing, let me get you something to drink/eat, let me rub your feet....") and having a big D (cause really, it has to be massive).  :-D

He's early 30s, I'd say 30 or 31.  People forget that before Drake and Josh, he was on The Amanda Show quite a few years before.  But yeah, he looks rough.  

I actually think J.Lo is Casper's beard....

Ashley looks like she put on a couple pounds, and looks much better for it.  

I'm glad Louise is back.  She's someone who get's the psychological part of the game, but also has the physical ability to dominate.  

Nick doesn't have to have a massive D to keep women....maybe he just knows hoe to use it well, that is the key!

Drake does look like he hasn't aged well.  I was surprised!  Josh turned out to look better than Drake....last i saw him on a show anyway. 

Edited by Cherry Cola

I hate that the stars do not research what show they are going to be on. That way they can see the personalities and people they are going to be working with. Also I'm sorry but I don't see why they expect everyone is going to treat them like royalty. Sorry when you come into the challenge house you are just a regular person and still competition to them.

With that being said, the stars came on here being extra sensitive this season. With Casper feeling some type away about not being picked first, to Arian getting offened by Devin's comment, to Selita being butt hurt because she popped off at Kailah and wanted to to play victim when Kaliah popped back off at her. As much as I can't stand Shane and Kailah, im sorry they werent really being rude. They were just talking about the game like they always do. Brook and Selita were just being sensitive and not understanding like bruh this is their life. This is what they do. Selita popped off at Kailah first. With the whole "first of all, and etc." She was talking about Kailah which is why she jumped in. Selita said, "Y'all" not you...but yall meaning shane and kailah because they were the ones talking... Don't dish out attitude if you can't take it back. Don't expect for people to not be themselves because you sre a 'star". Selita could have said we can disgree but don't curse at me. I don't like it  instead of walking off acting like Kailah did her wrong. I swear the stars be acting butt hurt which is why i always go for the champs.

(edited)

I am noticing that several of these so called "stars" have way over inflated egos and obviously think they are better than everyone else, so when a mere plebeian (read Champ) dares to speak with them or treat them as a normal human, they get all offended and flip out.  They seem to feel no one can dare call them out on their crap or even speak unless spoken to.  They all suck.

Edited by Unclejosh
  • Love 2