Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: The Break Up Bunch Part 2

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She said she's living in Daniel Island. A very nice and high end area. Anyway, I'm not sure what's wrong with living in suburbia.  

He didn't promise her anything if she "became pregnant". She became pregnant when they just started dating and they hardly knew each other. 

Thanks, I remember now that she said Daniel Island. Some city dwellers look down on "suburbia". Thomas, ensconced in his mansion, strikes me as that type. Because I think he knows Kathryn also would prefer to live in a mansion in historic downtown Charleston, I felt Thomas' remark had a tinge of needling about it. 

I'll agree to disagree with you about what Thomas said regarding a possible pregnancy and "taking care of" Kathryn if it happened. I watched season 1 and saw and heard what I saw and heard. 

• Love 4

doesn't shep own a restaurant? he couldn't find someone to man the grill? 

all the restaurant owners i know are wonderful hosts, ...they know how to serve guests.  shep is really good for nothing but spending his parents money and quoting literature.   he has no right to criticize craig for anything.  he's spoiled and lazy and useless.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, scrb said:

What did he exactly get?  No dinner ready when he got home and she did nothing all day.  

One time she made him salmon smothered in mayonnaise and, I believe, asparagus. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He didn't promise her anything if she "became pregnant". She became pregnant when they just started dating and they hardly knew each other. 

Before she actually did get pregnant, they had a different pregnancy scare, and he did make all kinds of promises to her. Also remember how T-Rav was sizing this scion up and down talking to everyone he knew whether she would make a good wife and mother? I think he commented about her child-bearing hips...possibly even to his minister. Agreed that they barely knew each other, but both T-Rav and Kathryn were talking to everyone they knew all season long about how he couldn’t wait to knock her up and make her a kept woman who would want for nothing. It was a shocked “9 months later” twist ending that she actually DID get pregnant and have a baby after filming.

• Love 8

It seemed to me that every single interaction Ashley had with the other guests (cast members) at Shep's party was just trying too hard. I get the impression that she has studied the show closely. She came off as wanting to appear to know everyone and be a part of the gang even though she's quite new to Charleston. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Agreed that they barely knew each other, but both T-Rav and Kathryn were talking to everyone they knew all season long about how he couldn’t wait to knock her up and make her a kept woman who would want for nothing. 

Wow, I really don't remember that at all. I do remember Kathryn sleeping with Whitney, then Shep, then T-Rav and both Shep and Trav having a conversation about who used protection and who didn't because Kathryn said at that point she might be pregnant. Then TRav took her to the Dr. himself to make sure she took the test and wasn't lying. Once it was confirmed for sure, then Trav started all his talk about taking care of her, the baby, living happily ever after, and all that horseshit. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
On April 17, 2018 at 9:57 AM, Sage47 said:

Wow, I forgot about that Redhawk! Ashley is  laughably desperate. The way she kept trying to get her smug mug on camera and she acted a little TOO comfortable around Cameran, Shep, etc... you could definitely tell she had watched the show and felt that she already knew these people. Cameran was nicer to her than I would have thought she’d be. I would have shunned that fame whore. 

Other examples of Chelsea belittling/humiliating Austen on camera aside from the aforementioned “puppy love” statement? Her making reference that he was too quick in the sack and that only he had really enjoyed the sex. And in Key West they dubbed in what she was saying to him: “I thought you weren’t going to drink a lot tonight so you can perform.” Wow. 

My impression of Chelsea: cute with a fun personality but self important with a side of bitchy too. Her calling JD out as a con man-nope. He may well be but it’s not for her of all people to be yapping about on camera. 

Chelsea said that about Austin?  I didn't hear that.  Nice girl !   How would she like it if he said she sucked in bed?  

• Love 4
On April 18, 2018 at 12:10 AM, HunterHunted said:

The thing I like about Craig is that out of all of the Charmers, he's the best WWHL guest. He's never sour and combative like the rest of them. He doesn't think he's too good for this shit. He engages well with fans.* And he conscientious enough to do his research when he's paired with non-Bravolebrities. He'll watch or read through the other guest's latest project and even tweet about it. It's also the reason he tends to be paired with the least Bravolebrities out of all of the Charmers. He's also the best dressed of all of the men on Southern Charm by a lot.

*I always remember how Whitney, Thomas, and Shep made fun of Craig during the 1st reunion for engaging with gay fans and doing appearances at gay clubs with sniggering implying that they thought Craig was gay for basically not punching homosexuals in the face at every opportunity. It was juvenile, bigoted, and disgusting. Craig didn't have his career shit together, but on things like this he was head and shoulders ahead of the others.

I find Craig to be very sensitive, kind and classy.  He beats to his own drum.

• Love 8

Catherine is fucking crazy.... this bitch needs help .... Craig and Naomi deserve each other ... two self absorbed people who only care about themselves ... can’t stand either of them .... Naomi is 25 but knows everything ... she’s a spoiled lil bitch 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

Naomi is 25 but knows everything ... she’s a spoiled lil bitch 

Yep! ITA...I didn’t like how she treated Craig last season, but this season she’s on my last nerve. Go away Naomi.

• Love 6

When Shep gave his pre dinner speech he said that he wished they could all have as happy successful relationships as Cameron, and added a few jokes. Cameron appeared to have a big laugh but she turned to Chelsea and gave her a look ? and huge scowl. I interpreted it as Cam and Chelsea being disgusted at Shep’s words. 

I have never met a hospice nurse that was as seemingly clueless about the general human condition as Ashley. She thought Cam was four months pregnant and was perplexed by her own menstruation. Add to that her admission that she basically uses the rhythm method for birth control. What an idiot. 

• Love 10

T-Rav, that is some french language mastery right there. He had me howling with 'don le jus' while he was toasting to Ashley. Ordering the bottle of wine when Ashley only wanted a glass, and trying to persuade her to take a mescal shot,   I really thought he meant in the juice!  Good thing he clarified that he was trying to say 'in the eyes' or 'dans les  yeux' . Although In the juice seemed much more suitable for the occasion, but who knows how he would have butchered that.

JD may be a total scumbag but Naomie was way off-side with her attack at the dinner table.

Love how Whitney keeps floating away when things get awkward.

• Love 4
On April 20, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Juliegirlj said:

When Shep gave his pre dinner speech he said that he wished they could all have as happy successful relationships as Cameron, and added a few jokes. Cameron appeared to have a big laugh but she turned to Chelsea and gave her a look ? and huge scowl. I interpreted it as Cam and Chelsea being disgusted at Shep’s words. 

I have never met a hospice nurse that was as seemingly clueless about the general human condition as Ashley. She thought Cam was four months pregnant and was perplexed by her own menstruation. Add to that her admission that she basically uses the rhythm method for birth control. What an idiot. 

Lots of luck with the rhythm method.  Ha ha.  Baby #3 for Tom ass.

• Love 4
On 5/4/2018 at 4:24 PM, Judi Sunshine said:

I think this may be the first season where I expect the reunion to be more interesting (and more authentic) than the season itself. 

On 4/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Gem 10 said:

You are too much.  I'm peeing my pants.  My husband asked me what Thirsty did for a living.  I said she's a nurse.  He replied "Head Nurse"?  Ha ha.

I cannot stand JD.

And now I wonder with the allegations against T rav what will happen. I tend to believe the allegations, because I think he is a certified old joke.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, Gem 10 said:

I find Craig to be very sensitive, kind and classy.  He beats to his own drum.

Like the way you think about Craig. Craig and nail me maybe decent people, but they are not then to be together. She is just horrible to him. I also think he wasn't meant to be a lawyer..

On 4/24/2018 at 7:32 AM, Gem 10 said:

Lots of luck with the rhythm method.  Ha ha.  Baby #3 for Tom ass.

I am tired of shops little boy ways. He drinks all night and sleeps all day.It is a wastrel.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 2:37 PM, Gem 10 said:

Being from the Northeast, I've never been to the south except for I-95 on the way to Florida.  I'd love to see Charleston with its history and charming mansions.  I'm assuming the cast is from the South, except Craig.  I love the clothing the girls wear .. The casual and evening dresses, the town and restaurants, etc. If only I could get the hubby to take me. I'd  tempt him with Hilton Head as he's a golfer.  Ha.

Maybe you can convince your husband to vacation on Isle of Palms? There’s a nice resort there (Wild Dunes) with a beautiful golf course (as well as tennis, pools, fitness, etc.) - all ocean side. Shep lives just down the coastal road on Sullivan’s Island. Charleston (downtown) is less than 30 I’m minutes (and a trip over the Ravenel bridge) away. It really is a gorgeous city with a rich history.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, RedHawk said:

"Campaigning" can also include partying and philandering. He was no perfect mate.

The second part about her wanting to live in a trendy part of town reminds me of how he asked her, "So how's life in suburbia?" That question stuck me as his way of needling her. He lives in a multi-million-dollar mansion and apparently she has moved into an apartment complex in another area of Charleston (still in Mt. Pleasant though?). Not sure why she left the small house. She made a pleasant comment about how her new home was a nice place and she would send him photos of the kids' rooms. She did not take his bait and react 

They BOTH reside in suburbia now - both on Daniel Island to be exact. It’s a nice, upscale Charleston suburb. Kathryn in an apartment rental, Thomas has a home there. He sold his downtown home (with the guest/child house).

You know who else lives on Daniel Island? Ashley!! Thomas set her up in an apartment there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emme said:

Maybe you can convince your husband to vacation on Isle of Palms? There’s a nice resort there (Wild Dunes) with a beautiful golf course (as well as tennis, pools, fitness, etc.) - all ocean side. Shep lives just down the coastal road on Sullivan’s Island. Charleston (downtown) is less than 30 I’m minutes (and a trip over the Ravenel bridge) away. It really is a gorgeous city with a rich history.

Wait was so nice of you to give me this info .. Thanks.  My cousin, from here, just bought a house in Bluffton and flies there every weekend.  He loves it as they love southern food and fishing.  I will be visiting him and will tell him the info you gave me.  I appreciate it.       Can't go back and correct typos .. Damn I- pad.  

59 minutes ago, Emme said:

They BOTH reside in suburbia now - both on Daniel Island to be exact. It’s a nice, upscale Charleston suburb. Kathryn in an apartment rental, Thomas has a home there. He sold his downtown home (with the guest/child house).

You know who else lives on Daniel Island? Ashley!! Thomas set her up in an apartment there.

The disparity is that Thomas lives in a large house that he owns while Kathryn apparently lives in a rented apartment. I don’t think Thomas was using the word “suburbia” to allude to something they had in common. He was putting down her standard of living as compared to his.  I don’t know anyone who lives on Daniel Island but I’ve heard it’s a very nice area. Kathrn certainly wouldn’t be happy now if she had a home in West Ashley!

On 4/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, scrb said:

He was campaigning that season.

She was demanding that he set her up in some trendy part of town so that she could go out.

We don't know what was said between them or how life was like when they lived together.  But on cameras, she was constantly going off on him in season 2.

What did he exactly get?  No dinner ready when he got home and she did nothing all day.  But when he returned she bitched about doing a dumb campaign commercial with him dancing with women.

Who wants to sign up for that, a mate who's constantly bitching at him?

I think that may also have been the time when she snuck some friends into the house and they were getting high all the time.  There was one video of Thomas trying to get the friend out of his house.

There's only so much "physicality" could make up for shoddy behavior.

Kinsie was pretty small correct?  We know she has some mental health issues (no shame in that at all!) and just maybe she was dealing with postpartum depression?  Never had kids but I have been very depressed (on medication for years) and I know I didn't want to do squat when at the worst.  Not saying that is what was going on but its worth consideration.  They are a horribly matched couple with very different expectations.  He also is a raving asshole so who knows how she was treated when they were alone.  It is a very dysfunctional relationship.  

• Love 5
On 4/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, RedHawk said:

Thanks, I remember now that she said Daniel Island. Some city dwellers look down on "suburbia". Thomas, ensconced in his mansion, strikes me as that type. Because I think he knows Kathryn also would prefer to live in a mansion in historic downtown Charleston, I felt Thomas' remark had a tinge of needling about it. 

I'll agree to disagree with you about what Thomas said regarding a possible pregnancy and "taking care of" Kathryn if it happened. I watched season 1 and saw and heard what I saw and heard. 

I saw him promise her the Moon and the stars on season 1.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, JenE4 said:

I was thinking the same thing. NOBODY has EVER liked Landon. Suddenly she’s gone and everybody misses her?!

I hate her....but it does seem strange when someone is just gone.   Just a reminder they are friends only based on casting.  

I like Naomie but also thinks she probably has a very bitchy way of saying things.  I always agreed with her frustration with Craig as he was never really doing anything.  

• Love 2