Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: The Break Up Bunch Part 2

• Start Topic

I agree, many couples weigh the offenses of the one spouse against the huge disruption of divorce and make an effort to fix things. Elizabeth has generally come off well whenever we've seen her. She keeps a lower profile, tried to be a good friend to Kathryn (she's Kenzie's godmother), and as a mature adult and mother has little time to be partying on King Street. If she did not fully agree that Naomie could spout her business all over TV, then I imagine she'd be very upset that her privacy was violated like that. She may have wanted to keep their marriage and financial woes as quiet as possible and try to work things out. Not much way that could happen with JD being a Bravo-lebrity. Heck, they may need this paycheck now and this is a story line.

And yes, T-Rav is not a good influence! 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Naomie annoys the fuck out of me.  

(1) Maybe if you had been a better girlfriend, you'd still have a relationship.

(2) Being born in France makes you incapable of lying?  What?  Also odd to throw France in when French men are notorious for their mistresses.  There, someone like JD would be celebrated.

(3) I know you're on a reality show, but you have no business speaking on behalf of a spouse.

(4) Yes, no doubt your boyfriend is happier now that you're broken up.  You with that near constant sourpus face!

(5) Dating someone.  Yes, Naomi that's what people do post breakup.  He's not in a relationship with you now.  He's free to be happy and date whomever the fuck he wants!

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree to everything you said.  I have friends that jumped the gun and got divorced.  Turned out they were worse off.  Maybe JD learned his lesson, I hope, and is thankful that Elizabeth took him back.   He looks better, and she's probably relieved.  Tom ass is also a bad influence with the drinking, drugging and womanizing.  JD is on a short leash now and had better behave.  Elizabeth holds the cards.  I'm happy for her.  She's a good woman.

T-Rav  taped a drunken/high JD and posted it on SM for all to see, he is not a friend, imo. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, halkatla said:

I adore Craig.

He is a cute little embroiderer. 

14 hours ago, nenya said:

Ah, Naomie. When I heard her take down, all I could remember was being that young, and seeing the world in more black and white.

She probably told Elizabeth if she saw JD, she would give him a piece of her mind, and Liz probably agreed - but there is a difference between talking in private and spilling on camera at a friend's birthday party. 

And I can understand Elizabeth taking JD back until the kids are a little older. It might come down to what is better for them - having a jerk-ass dad, or having a jerk-ass dad that is at least around for dad things. If she fully leaves him, the kids have to deal with a revolving door of women (how many "Ashley's" will there be), and possibly a new marriage and new step-kids or bio-kids, and then basically a lot less to no dad for them. If she stays, she will be sad, their marriage may not make it, but there is a higher chance he will be there to tuck them in, be there at their Saturday games, and for the kids to have more dad. Plus, divorce is expensive, and maybe she has more to lose financially. 

Basically - marriage and life and these choices are complicated, and it turns out the world is more different shades than just black and white.

Also, second all of you who love Cam. I am jealous of her in a "I'm happy for her" sort of way. She does seem to lead a charmed life, and I hope it continues that way for her. 

Yes,  the certainty of youth. I just remember being so righteous and convinced. Not anymore.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Craig has managed to accomplish all the things Naomie said he could not possibly do and run the NYC Marathon and donate time and energy to an orphanage in Haiti .  I think it is as simple as Naomie wanted the party life associated with being a Bravolebrity-which she still hasn't attained full status,   Craig has already lived it and rued it.

Craig's parents are hard working educators who have stood by their son while he finds his way.  They may not be wealthy like many of the other men's parents but they seem to be loving and supportive.  Craig always seem to and on the side of appropriate when it comes to the other men's philandering.

Here is Craig's new girlfriend-she doesn't look a thing like his mother:  

He both ran the NYC marathon and went to Haiti with Naomi. My gut instinct is that - despite her nagging - she was probably a better influence on him than Bravo portrayed. 

And I don’t think there’s any comfirmation that’s his new girlfriend???

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe JD learned his lesson, I hope, and is thankful that Elizabeth took him back.

Especially since she seems to have "an inheritance," and everything he does turns into debt.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Yes,  the certainty of youth. I just remember being so righteous and convinced. Not anymore.

Not gonna lie—-even though it made for great TV, Naomi taking JD down like that was really out-of-line and made Elizabeth look like such a pathetic fool. Naomi way overstepped her boundaries as a supposed friend; but with time and experience she’ll learn her lesson. 

I used to be the Naomi type of friend back when I was her age, confidently standing up to bad husbands/boyfriends of my girlfriends. Guess whose side they all ended up taking in the end? Needless to say, I lost a few friends due to this habit. Marriages are complicated enough, especially with children involved; what works for some couples may not work for everyone, but you gotta let those couples work it out themselves at the end of the day, otherwise you’re gonna lose a lot of friends.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the JD takedown; he always did gave a slimy vibe about him, so the conman/philanderer accusations seem quite justified. Naomi making fun of his annoying cackle made me snort. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Not gonna lie—-even though it made for great TV, Naomi taking JD down like that was really out-of-line and made Elizabeth look like such a pathetic fool. Naomi way overstepped her boundaries as a supposed friend; but with time and experience she’ll learn her lesson. 

I agree.  She is young and doesn't realize that she was embarrassing Liz rather than helping or defending her.  It was certainly enjoyable to see JD made fun of but not really in Liz's best interest.  I realize that this is victim blaming, but maybe Elizabeth shouldn't be confiding in 25 year olds.  (No offense to 25 year olds - you are fun but not great marriage counselors LOL).

Kathryn did a great job at not losing her shit at the party.  Good for her!  Really, it is nice to see her act like a grown up, even when in a crappy situation.  We will see if that last but I hope for her that it does.  Like Naomie, she is still young and has time to improve herself.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

He both ran the NYC marathon and went to Haiti with Naomi. My gut instinct is that - despite her nagging - she was probably a better influence on him than Bravo portrayed. 

This. That's why I rooted for them to make it. I also think Naomi was a huge influence in Craig finally sitting down for the bar. And she chose to be with Craig instead of Shep. That alone gets her many points from me.

Though I reserve to take those points away if she hooks up with Shep in the future. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

This. That's why I rooted for them to make it. I also think Naomi was a huge influence in Craig finally sitting down for the bar. And she chose to be with Craig instead of Shep. That alone gets her many points from me.

Though I reserve to take those points away if she hooks up with Shep in the future. 

She probably knew with Shep and his perpetual bachelor state, she would be on the show once.  Date Craig and you've got a recurring role.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

And she chose to be with Craig instead of Shep. That alone gets her many points from me.

I think she’s way too smart, serious and driven to ever be involved with a guy like Shep; she’d rip Shep a whole new asshole if she ever had to put up with his goofy aging frat dude antics. And some of her worst fights with Craig were over the way he was spending his days puttering around the house sewing and chatting with Gizmo. Sure, he was also studying for his bar exam in the midst of this period of not working, but it still bothered her that she was spending all day in classes for her masters degree while he was just sitting around playing house. Money or not, she obviously needs a guy who is every bit as busy and as focused as she is.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2018 at 7:16 PM, ivygirl said:

Or a Goleta haus frau! ;) 

I always call Carpenteria “Carpeteria” (name of an old carpet store chain). It’s not bad but it ain’t fancy 

HA!  I see Carpeteria when I look at it as well.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Sure, he was also studying for his bar exam in the midst of this period of not working, but it still bothered her that she was spending all day in classes for her masters degree while he was just sitting around playing house. Money or not, she obviously needs a guy who is every bit as busy and as focused as she is.

And he was "studying for his bar exam" after how many months (years?) of saying he had finished law school (he hadn't) AND had passed the bar exam?  He's just lost and getting by on a substantial paycheck from Bravo.  If he would just be honest with us and himself, he'd have a bit more respect. Allegedly.

• Love 4

Craig isn´t very driven in the traditional way (duh),  his biggest talent is being incredibly handsome and a good friend to people on reality tv. That´s a decent job to have, while it lasts. He´s also extremely good at lounging about with a cat, doing eccentric things - so he´s a man of many talents. Even when he was outed for having lied about taking the bar etc, he managed to ride through it and come out on top, way above all the other men on SC. Granted, it should be almost no effort to have better morals and etiquette than the other guys, but Craig still has something special. I´d say it is his kindness.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 13
On April 13, 2018 at 9:50 AM, MrsRhettButler said:

I hope Kathryn can truly get over Thomas one day.  At one point during the Ashley convo outside, I looked at her facial expression and thought how hard she must be trying not to cry, probably remembering  all the lies and false promises made to her in season 1.  You deserve better.   He will never change.

Well I did read on line that she is hanging out with the Vanderpump crowd and dating again, so who knows?  Maybe if she finds a guy who is loaded enough, she'll give it a whirl.  I still think she wants Thomas tho, no matter what and wants to live with him in a mansion in Charleston.  Marriage too..

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, iloveit said:

I agree.  She is young and doesn't realize that she was embarrassing Liz rather than helping or defending her.  It was certainly enjoyable to see JD made fun of but not really in Liz's best interest.  I realize that this is victim blaming, but maybe Elizabeth shouldn't be confiding in 25 year olds.  (No offense to 25 year olds - you are fun but not great marriage counselors LOL).

Kathryn did a great job at not losing her shit at the party.  Good for her!  Really, it is nice to see her act like a grown up, even when in a crappy situation.  We will see if that last but I hope for her that it does.  Like Naomie, she is still young and has time to improve herself.

We all know that Katherine & T-Rav still have strong feelings for each other.  Tom ass is 53 yrs old.  Why can't they both just make a pact to stay sober, no drugs or fool around with other people?  For the sake of their two children , why not TRY HARD to become a family?  It's not too late.   It's worth a try.  They both have to stop being selfish.  There are two kids here that need stability, not a bunch of new nannies every five minutes.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4

I took Cam's lack of engagement with the drama at the party as a 9 month pregnant woman, who's on a show and she's about to have a baby so won't be around much this season, so why bother to engage?  She wanted Shep to have the party to show that he can be a grown up and he pulled it off.  I liked that she hung out with the boys, she usually does other than Cheltsie.

I thought the girls were really immature at the party, they were buzzed and came ready to fight with the boys who were honestly pretty happy to see them, other than Craig who was having a rough night anyway.

There's no way that Katherine didn't know about Ashley.  Especially if the kids had met her and were living with her.

I get where Naomi was coming from and it made for great drama, but I'm guessing that Elizabeth didn't want that on TV.

Why is Danni always at these dinners?  She hasn't had a storyline beyond passing out at last year's dinner and a wine tasting with Thomas in season 1.  Do they just need a seat filler?  She rarely says anything and doesn't want to date any of the guys. 

I have no idea why Cheltsie would find Austen boyfriend material of all the guys.  She could have any guy she wants.

• Love 3

I'm stunned that people like Craig as much as they do.  I think he's a whiny man boy who doesn't play well in the sandbox with others.  You can't tell him anything and he never does anything wrong.  He couldn't even get along with Shep and Austen at the grill.  I think he's a total loser.  If anyone ever called me "child" in an argument like he did with Naomie, I would have thrown him out immediately.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

We all know that Katherine & T-Rav still have strong feelings for each other.  Tom ass is 53 yrs old.  Why can't they both just make a pact to stay sober, no drugs or fool around with other people?  For the sake of their two children , why not TRY HARD to become a family?  It's not too late.   It's worth a try.  They both have to stop being selfish.  There are two kids here that need stability, not a bunch of new nannies every five minutes.

No question.

I don't think T-Rav can ever quit Katherine altogether.  She excites him.  The nurse who appears to be an idiot knows she doesn't excite him the way Katherine does -- which is why she wanted the death grip on him while Katherine was at the party.  And why she led him to the bathroom for sex.  Wouldn't surprise me if in a few years, he and Katherine end up married.  Then they'll divorce and get back together.  They are the Liz and Richard Burton of reality TV.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I took Cam's lack of engagement with the drama at the party as a 9 month pregnant woman, who's on a show and she's about to have a baby so won't be around much this season, so why bother to engage?  She wanted Shep to have the party to show that he can be a grown up and he pulled it off.  I liked that she hung out with the boys, she usually does other than Cheltsie.

I hope she's not pregnant most of this season.

Otherwise they're going to feature her appetite and her difficulty sitting down, getting up, etc.?

Would be boring after the first couple of times.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, scrb said:

Otherwise they're going to feature her appetite and her difficulty sitting down, getting up, etc.?

I think they filmed until just before Christmas and she had the baby mid November, so it's likely she's not in many episodes.

Craig is all smoke and mirrors.  Bullshit artist.  And not a particularly good one.  I've been a lawyer far longer than he has and this type is a dime a dozen.  I don't think he is a terrible person, but the boy is no prize.  I like Naomi; she's young and should not have abused him so much and just left him.  But when you are young you think you can change people if you can just talk (or yell) sense into them!   She is too smart and no nonsense for his brand, though I'm sure he was a good boyfriend in that he was probably generally sweet and supportive.  I think those aspects of him are genuine.  I root for both of them, but Craig causes me many eye rolls.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, scrb said:

She gave birth during the middle of filming. Around November. 

• Love 1

I think the last thing she filmed prebirth was the opening of Naomi's family's restaurant anf then hung out with Shep and Whitney after without child and showed up looking amazing a month after birth at the final party, you see her briefly in the first episode at the party.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AuntDahlia said:

Craig is all smoke and mirrors.  Bullshit artist.  And not a particularly good one. 

I agree with everything you said, AuntDahlia.   For some reason he became impressed with another BSArtist, J.D., and took on the lifestyle of a scammer...without benefit of a wife's inheritance.  Even the original scammer had to fire the copycat's ass.  Craig should grab as many modeling jobs as he can while he wears the right sizes and has good hair.

Edited by Former Nun
a comma
  • Love 4

I didn't remember this until I re-watched but you know how I know Ashley is dehydrated? She basically proposed to Thomas during their car ride to Shep's party! She and Thomas were discussing the hiring of a new nanny, and Kathryn having some say over the hiring of a nanny, and Ashley said (maybe not in these exact words), "I have a solution. You can marry me and I'll be their caretaker. Hahaha!" Thomas laughed too and IIRC said something about how Kathryn wouldn't like that. 

So yeah, Kathryn may have been a fame ho from the get go and pushed herself onto the show, but we also saw Thomas make all kinds of promises to her. At times they did seem like they were in love and I saw why Kathryn fell for his smooth talk. Ashley suggesting he marry her? Just pathetic. Is she that desperate to snag him? Kathryn will win this. I think she already has.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I didn't remember this until I re-watched but you know how I know Ashley is dehydrated? She basically proposed to Thomas during their car ride to Shep's party! She and Thomas were discussing the hiring of a new nanny, and Kathryn having some say over the hiring of a nanny, and Ashley said (maybe not in these exact words), "I have a solution. You can marry me and I'll be their caretaker. Hahaha!" Thomas laughed too and IIRC said something about how Kathryn wouldn't like that. 

So yeah, Kathryn may have been a fame ho from the get go and pushed herself onto the show, but we also saw Thomas make all kinds of promises to her. At times they did seem like they were in love and I saw why Kathryn fell for his smooth talk. Ashley suggesting he marry her? Just pathetic. Is she that desperate to snag him? Kathryn will win this. I think she already has.

Wow, I forgot about that Redhawk! Ashley is  laughably desperate. The way she kept trying to get her smug mug on camera and she acted a little TOO comfortable around Cameran, Shep, etc... you could definitely tell she had watched the show and felt that she already knew these people. Cameran was nicer to her than I would have thought she’d be. I would have shunned that fame whore. 

Other examples of Chelsea belittling/humiliating Austen on camera aside from the aforementioned “puppy love” statement? Her making reference that he was too quick in the sack and that only he had really enjoyed the sex. And in Key West they dubbed in what she was saying to him: “I thought you weren’t going to drink a lot tonight so you can perform.” Wow. 

My impression of Chelsea: cute with a fun personality but self important with a side of bitchy too. Her calling JD out as a con man-nope. He may well be but it’s not for her of all people to be yapping about on camera. 

• Love 5
On 4/16/2018 at 1:25 PM, RedDelicious said:

I'm stunned that people like Craig as much as they do.  I think he's a whiny man boy who doesn't play well in the sandbox with others.  You can't tell him anything and he never does anything wrong.  He couldn't even get along with Shep and Austen at the grill.  I think he's a total loser.  If anyone ever called me "child" in an argument like he did with Naomie, I would have thrown him out immediately.

When juxtaposed with Shep, Austen, Thomas, Craig looks like a stand-up guy.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:11 AM, Higgins said:

I was also in a similar position years ago with my best friend. Her good for nothing boyfriend fools around and gave her an STD. I told her that she's better than this and she can get out of that bad relationship and she deserves better, pushed her to get out of that relationship. TL;DR version: they're now married with kids, and he seems to have changed. 

But the two most important lessons I have learned? First, you cannot care more than the other person regarding their own business. In the end, you can only guide the person to the well, but you cannot make them drink the water. Second, there are some people out there who relish  being pitied upon, and how much of a martyr they are. The more you pity them, the more it strengthens them to think that they're making a good decision for themselves (staying in a bad relationship). 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 10

You know, Ashley/Ashleigh, it takes a very special brand of nasty bitch to look forward to making someone you've NEVER met as uncomfortable as possible.  T-Reck was doing everything possible to hurt Kathryn and you, instead of displaying a modicum of class and saying "hey, let's not add insult to injury" to his juvenile pawing and PDA's  (which a mature woman would have done, because she'd have some empathy as to how SHE'd feel in such a situation), you went right along with it.  That hand down the pants pocket was especially a nice touch (even though Kathryn wasn't there).  

And that whole bathroom thing?  You stage-managed that hoping that Kathryn would hear about it.  Were you hoping she'd attempt to use the "facilities" while you two sluts were so engaged?  

• Love 7
On 4/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, bosawks said:

Four different kinds of brats?

I went to school in Milwaukee and I can’t even imagine this...

Oh dear.... you're missing so much! I think our local grocery stores have like 10 different flavors... regular, pineapple, cheddar and bacon, green onion, jalapeno... there's a bunch more but I always go for the pineapple and ignore all the others. 

On 4/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, MrsRhettButler said:

I hope Kathryn can truly get over Thomas one day.  At one point during the Ashley convo outside, I looked at her facial expression and thought how hard she must be trying not to cry, probably remembering  all the lies and false promises made to her in season 1.  You deserve better.   He will never change.

She just needs to find herself a new man and she'll be over him in no time.  I can't imagine she doesn't have guys trying to get with her... even with her being crazy... there's someone how there for everyone. 

On 4/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, Gem 10 said:

Regarding Elizabeth & JD, a little story of mine.  Years ago, my sister in law was whining & whining to me constantly about her husband and how she wanted to divorce him.  She kept me on the phone for hours, and days complaining about him.  After listening for weeks, one day she walked into my house WITH HIM, all smiling, & lovey dovey.  I said to her "what .. You are together again"?  She smiled and said to me, "yes, don't you want to be happy for me"?  That day I learned my lesson and never listened to her again.  She took up my precious time for nothing.  I would never take sides again.  Naomi should have minded her own business.

yea... but as you said.. it took you a moment to learn to not get involved in that. and i think every friend/family member has to learn that the hard way too.  same thing happened with my sister and her sister/husband. i think after the 3rd or 4th time of threatening to get a divorce she finally did it. but my friend was SO over it. 

On 4/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, Sterling said:

^^ This.

While I completely agree with Naomi, Danni, Chelsea, Kathryn that these guys are all middle-aged toddlers, they still choose to surround themselves with these guys and obsess over them.  

Cameran was single too, when the series started, but remember she was focusing on beginning her career in real estate, and then she met an apparently super great guy, and smart guy that he is, he's decided to remain off-camera.  So she now gets to still hang out in all her adorable preggers-ness, observing from afar.  These girls should take a lesson from her.

Im pretty sure Cameran was married when the series started.  Her husband was just not mentioned AT ALL on purpose. 

On 4/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Gem 10 said:

Being from the Northeast, I've never been to the south except for I-95 on the way to Florida.  I'd love to see Charleston with its history and charming mansions.  

It's AMAZING. I would love to go there again.  But they aren't joking when they say it's really freaking hot.  I thought the humidity was  bad here in Iowa but I went there around July 4th and it was terrible. But the food and architecture - delicious and beautiful. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Im pretty sure Cameran was married when the series started.  Her husband was just not mentioned AT ALL on purpose. 

She was actually engaged the first season; it was all rather hush-hush at first and she didn’t really mention him much if at all until the second season. If memory serves me right, she got married in a beautiful ceremony just before the second season aired—-it was actually sweet to see that Whitney, Shep, Craig and Danni all attended the lovely outdoor nuptials, as the photos were actually shared on Bravo and People online.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

yea... but as you said.. it took you a moment to learn to not get involved in that. and i think every friend/family member has to learn that the hard way too.  

This. We all have our different paths to walk.

10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Other examples of Chelsea belittling/humiliating Austen on camera aside from the aforementioned “puppy love” statement? Her making reference that he was too quick in the sack and that only he had really enjoyed the sex. And in Key West they dubbed in what she was saying to him: “I thought you weren’t going to drink a lot tonight so you can perform.” Wow.

I have the opposite reaction of "Good for her!"

I've encountered both the type of "I'm gonna sex you so good" guy who turns paralytic after drinking, and the type who thinks he'll turn paralytic after drinking and so tricks himself into not being able to perform (even with stand-up evidence to the contrary). Either way, it's a drag, and if you clearly reach that kind of understanding with yourself and still choose drinking to excess over having sex with me, then I'll be moving on...

Also sounds like Austen was a bit lacking in knowing where things are on a woman. But I conjecture only. :)

I'd like to see the Single Quartet stay single awhile longer if only for my own amusement. Getting a nice witches of Macbeth vibe.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, blondmommy said:

thomas is just stupid enough to get ashley pregnant.  i feel for kathryn if that happens.

Why?

At this point it's none of her business what Thomas does with his personal life as long as it doesn't adversely affect the kids.  Maybe he'd be more inclined to give Katherine more when it comes to the custody battle.

Katherine had her chance.  They were cohabitating.  She drove him away with her horrible personality.

• Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, halkatla said:

Craig isn´t very driven in the traditional way (duh),  his biggest talent is being incredibly handsome and a good friend to people on reality tv. That´s a decent job to have, while it lasts. He´s also extremely good at lounging about with a cat, doing eccentric things - so he´s a man of many talents. Even when he was outed for having lied about taking the bar etc, he managed to ride through it and come out on top, way above all the other men on SC. Granted, it should be almost no effort to have better morals and etiquette than the other guys, but Craig still has something special. I´d say it is his kindness.

Hell yes. I think Craig is Good People.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, scrb said:

Why?

At this point it's none of her business what Thomas does with his personal life as long as it doesn't adversely affect the kids.  Maybe he'd be more inclined to give Katherine more when it comes to the custody battle.

Katherine had her chance.  They were cohabitating.  She drove him away with her horrible personality.

NO. Thomas is a Festering Turd and he Gaslighted her.

Edited by ozzy
reasons
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The thing I like about Craig is that out of all of the Charmers, he's the best WWHL guest. He's never sour and combative like the rest of them. He doesn't think he's too good for this shit. He engages well with fans.* And he conscientious enough to do his research when he's paired with non-Bravolebrities. He'll watch or read through the other guest's latest project and even tweet about it. It's also the reason he tends to be paired with the least Bravolebrities out of all of the Charmers. He's also the best dressed of all of the men on Southern Charm by a lot.

*I always remember how Whitney, Thomas, and Shep made fun of Craig during the 1st reunion for engaging with gay fans and doing appearances at gay clubs with sniggering implying that they thought Craig was gay for basically not punching homosexuals in the face at every opportunity. It was juvenile, bigoted, and disgusting. Craig didn't have his career shit together, but on things like this he was head and shoulders ahead of the others.

Let’s not forget the sewing, gardening, cooking. He is a domestic powerhouse.

Kind to animals.

And he is kinda fine ;)

Craig is ok by my book.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

And he is kinda fine ;)

You have very firm definition standards.

He's hella fine!  I'm really surprised that he isn't a very busy, in-demand model, with little time for litigation.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, ozzy said:

NO. Thomas is a Festering Turd and he Gaslighted her.

Yes.  He will always do that to her because that is who he is.  Another poster mentioned Thomas "smirking" during the Kathryn/Ashley scenes at the party and that is exactly what I thought he was doing the entire time.  Smirking and enjoying every minute of it.   

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ozzy said:

I respectfully disagree with you.  Kathryn has redeeming qualities and shows self awareness.  She is young enough to turn her life around, stay strong for her children, and happily marry someone else.    Thomas wanted to keep her out on the plantation, while he continued partying and philandering.    

• Love 11
On 4/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, sheetmoss said:

I did get a bit of giggle the way Craig was washing his hands/arms in Shep's kitchen sink....like a surgeon.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, halkatla said:

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Let’s not forget the sewing, gardening, cooking. He is a domestic powerhouse.

Kind to animals.

And he is kinda fine ;)

Craig is ok by my book.

Despite that chaw in his lip (which is a total and forever NO in my book), I like Craig and enjoy watching him on this show, even when he is whining that "It's not my party! I was just called to help out!" He was so afraid it wouldn't turn out well and he'd get blamed. We all know you took Home Ec, Craig, and it shows in a good way! I like that he's into gardening, and cooking, and sewing. I don't care if the embroidery is just setting up the machine to do a pattern. It's his fun thing and last season he made Cam a nice gift for her baby that melted her heart and mine, too. 

I saw only brats and burgers in the serving trays, so they never did serve the chicken or the ribs, did they? Those needed another couple of hours on the grill, I think, and I was hoping the film crew would get to eat them when the party wrapped up. 

• Love 7

I love Craig. 

And if he ever started an Etsy shop with his embroider I would totally buy something.  I also have a coffee cup made by Snooki lol 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 6

Craig has invested in real estate, purchased several investment properties to use as rentals. Judging  by the way real estate is skyrocketing in Charleston and the surrounding area's, this is a win for Craig. He will make nice profits when he sells. Good for him. It's nice to see that he isn't pissing away his BRAVO money. Being a good landlord can be challenging, though, I hope he's up for the task. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MrsRhettButler said:

I respectfully disagree with you.  Kathryn has redeeming qualities and shows self awareness.  She is young enough to turn her life around, stay strong for her children, and happily marry someone else.    Thomas wanted to keep her out on the plantation, while he continued partying and philandering.    

He was campaigning that season.

She was demanding that he set her up in some trendy part of town so that she could go out.

We don't know what was said between them or how life was like when they lived together.  But on cameras, she was constantly going off on him in season 2.

What did he exactly get?  No dinner ready when he got home and she did nothing all day.  But when he returned she bitched about doing a dumb campaign commercial with him dancing with women.

Who wants to sign up for that, a mate who's constantly bitching at him?

I think that may also have been the time when she snuck some friends into the house and they were getting high all the time.  There was one video of Thomas trying to get the friend out of his house.

There's only so much "physicality" could make up for shoddy behavior.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, HouseofBeck said:

I have the opposite reaction of "Good for her!"

I've encountered both the type of "I'm gonna sex you so good" guy who turns paralytic after drinking, and the type who thinks he'll turn paralytic after drinking and so tricks himself into not being able to perform (even with stand-up evidence to the contrary). Either way, it's a drag, and if you clearly reach that kind of understanding with yourself and still choose drinking to excess over having sex with me, then I'll be moving on...

Also sounds like Austen was a bit lacking in knowing where things are on a woman. But I conjecture only. :)

I'd like to see the Single Quartet stay single awhile longer if only for my own amusement. Getting a nice witches of Macbeth vibe.

Yes, I don't see anything wrong with wanting/expecting better sex from someone you're dating. Sex may be a sensitive topic, but still. You need to be able to communicate what you want to your partner, and that goes both ways.

I don't see it as any different in wanting and/or expecting your lazy, unemployed boyfriend to get off his bum, get a shower, get a job, rather than just him playing beer pong or binge watching all day long. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, scrb said:

He was campaigning that season.

She was demanding that he set her up in some trendy part of town so that she could go out.

"Campaigning" can also include partying and philandering. He was no perfect mate.

The second part about her wanting to live in a trendy part of town reminds me of how he asked her, "So how's life in suburbia?" That question stuck me as his way of needling her. He lives in a multi-million-dollar mansion and apparently she has moved into an apartment complex in another area of Charleston (still in Mt. Pleasant though?). Not sure why she left the small house. She made a pleasant comment about how her new home was a nice place and she would send him photos of the kids' rooms. She did not take his bait and react negatively.

She now seems to be clean and sober and trying to get her act together to be a responsible co-parent. Remarks about her living in "suburbia" appear so nasty coming from a man who basically promised her a pampered life in a historic mansion if she became pregnant. I hate how he still says, "If she had acted right I would have married her." UGH. Was he always acting right in those days? Hell no. So it makes me angry that he sets himself up as so much above her, as if he didn't go to prison and lose his job as an elected state official when he was 44 years old (NOT 24 as she was when she made her mistakes). His need to "punish" her disgusts me. His relationship with Ashley seems nothing more than another way to get at Kathryn and have some story line for his fame-whore need to be on this show.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And he is kinda fine ;)

Like many reality stars you may occasionally encounter in the wild, I can attest that he’s even finer in person—-tall(6’2 or 6’3) and slim, plus his skin looks much better off camera. He may be a whiner millennial type on the show, but he’s very kind to fans, which scores him fairly high in my book.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

The second part about her wanting to live in a trendy part of town reminds me of how he asked her, "So how's life in suburbia?" That question stuck me as his way of needling her. He lives in a multi-million-dollar mansion and apparently she has moved into an apartment complex in another area of Charleston (still in Mt. Pleasant though?).

She said she's living in Daniel Island. A very nice and high end area. Anyway, I'm not sure what's wrong with living in suburbia.  

1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Remarks about her living in "suburbia" appear so nasty coming from a man who basically promised her a pampered life in a historic mansion if she became pregnant. 

He didn't promise her anything if she "became pregnant". She became pregnant when they just started dating and they hardly knew each other. 

• Love 3