Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Zarak Mosadek

• Start Topic

In an attempt to apply pressure on Ian Garvey, Red and the Task Force head to Paris to track down a prominent heroin supplier for the Nash syndicate; distrustful of Red's agenda, Liz takes her own path going after Garvey.

I missed the first half hour, but my takeaway from what I saw:

An "FBI agent" flashes a badge and takes me to a private apartment to question me about some crimes, then threatens me by telling me if I don't tell her everything I know, I'm going to prison for accessory.

Me: "I want my lawyer." I say this as I dial 911 on my cell before I walk out the door.

Aram is a dumbass. Samar, you can do so much better.

The end did catch my attention. Red has a red-headed daughter. Go figure. Is she the daughter of the real Red or fake Red or the guy who's in that bone bag? That makes three daughters so far sired by one of those Reds.

• Love 3

So.... I think Real Red is in the duffel bag and this woman and Lizzie are his daughters. Which means...... Lizzie has a half-sister?! Our Red has protected Lizzie all her life, as has Garvey protected this other woman. So Garvey and Red can swap many tales about their surrogate daughters!

• Love 2

One again, I was so bored.

The music when Reddington was describing the various components of the heist to Navabi and Ressler was SO distracting.

That cemetery looks a lot like the cemetery where Lizzie was 'buried', but this one was in 'Paris'.  <wink>

Woman: "I'm Raymond Reddington's daughter"
Lizzie: "Me too !!!"

FFS !

Then again, once upon a time they had a DNA test that indicated that Alexander Kirk was Lizzie's father -- and that turned out to be bullshit.

Still don't care about the Aram/Navabi ring sub-plot.

Apparently Ressler killing a foreign national on French soil is "ok" now.

Still no sign of the dogs, nor mention of Agnes.

Why did Zarak Mosadek rank #23 on the Blacklist ?  Because he seemed pretty pathetic as a Blacklister.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign of the dogs, nor mention of Agnes.

She did mention Agnes indirectly somewhere in the episode, and there was a quick shot of someone walking a dog past Pete's Tavern when Liz went inside.  Does that count?

How can they fire so many bullets within a cathedral and not hit one of the stained glass windows?  And, any bets that the woman will look at those diamonds and say "Screw the Church...."

Ah, the good old, two person stakeout in the cemetery.  They were soooooo inconspicuous.

At least Dembe got some lines this week.  And some walnuts.

2 hours ago, djinn said:

Lizzie has a half-sister?!

A sister from a different Mister.

• Love 2

This show always has such potential but then does something dumbass that makes me hate it.  I hated the daughter reveal.  I would have preferred the girl was Garvey’s daughter.  It would make more sense.  

We still don’t know what’s in the duffel bag.

Maybe it’s mom.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Ah, the good old, two person stakeout in the cemetery.  They were soooooo inconspicuous.

HA HA HA!!!  Amazingly dumb scene except for the absolutely creepy kid who handed off the pamphlet or whatever it was.  Yes, the Taliban would not have picked up on them standing stupidly in front of random graves talking into earpieces in a snow covered graveyard when scoping out a drop off of $10 million worth of diamonds.

36 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

This show always has such potential but then does something dumbass that makes me hate it.  I hated the daughter reveal.  I would have preferred the girl was Garvey’s daughter.  It would make more sense.  

I had the same reaction.  The battle of dads and daughters would have made more sense.  However, my impression is that this girl is the real Red daughter and Lizzie is not.  Also, I didn't like how Liz didn't have one moment of WTF hesitation when NotGarvey Daughter revealed her parentage.  She instantly responds with, "I am too!"  Blech.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, TheGreenWave said:

I had the same reaction.  The battle of dads and daughters would have made more sense.  However, my impression is that this girl is the real Red daughter and Lizzie is not.  Also, I didn't like how Liz didn't have one moment of WTF hesitation when NotGarvey Daughter revealed her parentage.  She instantly responds with, "I am too!"  Blech.

I am not sure if it’s a major retcon or not but then the show is not above retconning so I would accept this whole thing going back to Red’s original spiral to crime.  What if the bones in the duffel bag are his  wife and the daughter is his daughter and both are proof he never turned traitor or whatever inthe first place?  That the entire Raymond Reddington Legend was based on one big lie and the duffel bag and the girl prove he was innocent?  

The rest of the stuff came ater.  His obsession with Liz and keeping her safe would be easy to explain.  Losing track of a daughter to a dirty cop....it’s easy to explain why you would go to such lengths.... Protecting a ex wife even after.   A troubled daughter even if you were never sure she was yours.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

This was so dumbass I couldn't believe it. (Well, yes I could.) No one is EVER just standing around in a cemetery so if someone is there when you are, you check that person out because it's a perv or some creep ... or an FBI agent on stakeout. What a bunch of morons. Whoever wrote that scene needs to get out more, after he/she graduates grade school.

12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Why did Zarak Mosadek rank #23 on the Blacklist ?  Because he seemed pretty pathetic as a Blacklister.

I tend to think that the list is more like Earl's.  He just wrote down names that he thought up first (which then makes me wonder again why Zarak is #23??)

3 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

my impression is that this girl is the real Red daughter and Lizzie is not.

OMG!!!  I had the (almost) same reaction.  I thought that Lilly was going to say "Lilly is not my real name.  It is Masha Rostova."   That really would have had me dying of laughter.   This show is so silly now  (All the comments regarding the stakeout, people).

• Love 5

Just more confirmation that TPTB have no clue what they are doing.

Another who couldn't believe (well considering it's Liz) that Liz would just blurt out, yes, I'm his daughter too!  Like come on use from common sense but yes, that went out the window when she took the woman to her apartment.  And yes, as soon as the woman walked into Liz's apartment, her phone should have been out and calling a lawyer, the cops, or even Garvey.

I was also hoping that the girl was Garvey's daughter.  But I'd have no problem believing she was Red's actual daughter because I've never bought Lizzie as Red's daughter.  I just really want the darn thing over and done with regardless of how it shakes out.

Aram and Samar - whatever.  I've said I still can't believe she dumped Oded Fehr for Aram.  Also, I cackled at Samar's reaction upon learning that Aram had been getting advice from Ressler and Lizzie because I said the same thing.  As soon as she said it, I said, "Thank you!"

The two person stakeout in the cemetary, yes, typical dumb move and of course there's no sort of backlash for anything that took place from the shooting and the bodies in the church and catacombs to the blown up elevator.  No one is going to notice or question that at all.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

What if the bones in the duffel bag are his  wife and the daughter is his daughter and both are proof he never turned traitor or whatever inthe first place?

Tom knew about the identity of the bones before he died and was about to tell Liz. How likely would it be that Tom would know if it was Red's wife, someone who neither Tom nor Liz knew? I could be wrong, but it's more likely that Tom was shocked at the identity of the bones because they had a connection to Liz. And if our Red has been faking his identity and pretending to be Red for decades, a Red who was killed by him/Kaplan/Katerina/whoever long ago, wouldn't our Red be desperate that the identity of the bones were never revealed?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, djinn said:

Tom knew about the identity of the bones before he died and was about to tell Liz. How likely would it be that Tom would know if it was Red's wife, someone who neither Tom nor Liz knew? I could be wrong, but it's more likely that Tom was shocked at the identity of the bones because they had a connection to Liz. And if our Red has been faking his identity and pretending to be Red for decades, a Red who was killed by him/Kaplan/Katerina/whoever long ago, wouldn't our Red be desperate that the identity of the bones were never revealed?

Or possibly the reverse.  It may not matter to anyone else but to the (now) two people who mean everything to him the bones could prove he isn’t the monster everyone thinks he is.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

This was so dumbass I couldn't believe it. (Well, yes I could.) No one is EVER just standing around in a cemetery so if someone is there when you are, you check that person out because it's a perv or some creep ... or an FBI agent on stakeout. What a bunch of morons. Whoever wrote that scene needs to get out more, after he/she graduates grade school.

I remember reading a case in law school. A group of guys were planning a bank robbery in NYC and the FBI learned of it and had the bank staked out. The gang's lookout was blind in one eye. The other three, before robbing the bank, decided to go back into the car for 20 minutes or so (read b/w the lines - they got high). When they left the car and before getting to the bank, they made the FBI agents. Even this group was able to recognize that several corn-fed Iowa boys in suits were FBI agents. Point being, reality can be stranger than fiction. Even bad fiction.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Twilight Man said:

OMG!!!  I had the (almost) same reaction.  I thought that Lilly was going to say "Lilly is not my real name.  It is Masha Rostova." 

That would have been gold, pure gold I say.

1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Aram and Samar - whatever.  I've said I still can't believe she dumped Oded Fehr for Aram. 

I can't believe Samar even gives Aram a look, although maybe his having that hot blonde "girlfriend" tells me something Samar knows that I do not.

1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Like come on use from common sense but yes, that went out the window when she took the woman to her apartment.  And yes, as soon as the woman walked into Liz's apartment, her phone should have been out and calling a lawyer, the cops, or even Garvey.

I watch too much "I Survived" on the Justice Channel where, once the person is inside the apartment, the fake "FBI" person pulls a knife, handcuffs, gun, rope, and proceeds to murder (or try to murder) the person just lured inside. That woman should have called 911 as soon as Lizzie pulled out her (fake) badge and had her checked out. Plus what FBI person has their search wall in their private dwelling? Just crazy people do that according to other tv shows.

1 hour ago, djinn said:

Tom knew about the identity of the bones before he died and was about to tell Liz.

Which makes me question, does anyone know how Tom knew whose bones those are? Was there an ID tag inside the suitcase or something? And what was so shocking that he couldn't quickly tell Lizzie over the phone. Except then he wouldn't have been murdered so there's that I guess.

45 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Or possibly the reverse.  It may not matter to anyone else but to the (now) two people who mean everything to him the bones could prove he isn’t the monster everyone thinks he is.  

From what I've seen Red -- whether the real Red or not -- do on this show, that person is indeed a monster. Anyone keeping track of his body count? It must be in triple digits by now.

12 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

Even this group was able to recognize that several corn-fed Iowa boys in suits were FBI agents.

I have to say, this (true!) story made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Which makes me question, does anyone know how Tom knew whose bones those are? Was there an ID tag inside the suitcase or something? And what was so shocking that he couldn't quickly tell Lizzie over the phone. Except then he wouldn't have been murdered so there's that I guess.

I believe Tom had a doctor (the boyfriend of the nurse?) do the DNA test. Unless I'm taking that from a different show.

Edited by Loandbehold
Because "co" and "do" are not the same thing.
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

I believe Tom had a doctor (the boyfriend of the nurse?) do the DNA test. Unless I'm taking that from a different show.

Oh, right. You are correct. It's coming back to me now. Funny that I block things about this show sometime.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Oh, right. You are correct. It's coming back to me now. Funny that I block things about this show sometime.

It was the doctor that was 'super best friends' with Tom and Lizzie (at least according to Lizzie) that they met through Reddington's actions.  And that doctor is dead too.

• Love 2

Bokenkamp's recent quotes sure seem to go toward the theory that the real Red's bones are in the bag. 

Look at this quote from EW:

So technically she would be Liz’s half-sister?
Yes, that’s right. We know that Raymond Reddington is the father of Jennifer Reddington and the father of Elizabeth Keen. We know that Jennifer’s mother is Naomi Hyland, who was Raymond Reddington’s wife. And we know that Elizabeth Keen’s mother was Katarina Rostova, the other woman and the notorious spy presumed dead.

The phrasing was SO careful that he sounded like someone carefully trying not to reveal his twist while still being "truthful." 

22 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

How can they fire so many bullets within a cathedral and not hit one of the stained glass windows?  And, any bets that the woman will look at those diamonds and say "Screw the Church...."

My thoughts exactly.  As a matter of fact that was my take from her facial expression as she held the loose diamonds.

Edited by ally
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

It was the doctor that was 'super best friends' with Tom and Lizzie (at least according to Lizzie) that they met through Reddington's actions.  And that doctor is dead too.

Is this Dr. Nick?  The one that proposed to Lizzie ages ago and she turned him down, only to show up at her apartment and find Tom in the kitchen making coffee in his underwear?  The same guy she turned down, but called to save an international criminals life.  Of course he screwed his self the moment he said he had medical school loans to pay off and wouldn't save Reddington without the money.  He took and we see where that got him.  "Best Friend", I'd rather be an enemy of Liz and Tom.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ally said:

Is this Dr. Nick?  The one that proposed to Lizzie ages ago and she turned him down, only to show up at her apartment and find Tom in the kitchen making coffee in his underwear?  The same guy she turned down, but called to save an international criminals life.  Of course he screwed his self the moment he said he had medical school loans to pay off and wouldn't save Reddington without the money.  He took and we see where that got him.  "Best Friend", I'd rather be an enemy of Liz and Tom.

That's him.

11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

We know that Raymond Reddington is the father of Jennifer Reddington and the father of Elizabeth Keen. We know that Jennifer’s mother is Naomi Hyland, who was Raymond Reddington’s wife

So is this the family that supposedly died in the house explosion? 

Red is turning into Felix Unger. 

So Liz just tells an unknown contact of Garvey’s what is going on? And the contact, seeing Liz worked out of her apartment, and hearing Garvey killed her husband, has to see that Liz is unbalanced and running her own revenge investigation. Liz is still an idiot. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, Ottis said:

So Liz just tells an unknown contact of Garvey’s what is going on? And the contact, seeing Liz worked out of her apartment, and hearing Garvey killed her husband, has to see that Liz is unbalanced and running her own revenge investigation. Liz is still an idiot. 

That would be so cool if the Garvey girl tells Garvey all about it and where Lizzie lives, and Garvey's goons go over and kill Lizzie. You know, like they did Tom. Then Red continues on searching for Lizzie's killers all next season. Or, all of a sudden Agnes is grown up all soap-opera style, and Agnes joins forces with Red to hunt Lizzie's killers. Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Love 3
On 4/12/2018 at 12:04 PM, paigow said:

Red Reddington is Green Lantern...When one is going to die, the "Red Ring" finds a worthy successor...Spader!Reddington is merely the latest version...

He's the "Dred Pirate Roberts"!   Yes!

So Liz's big plan was to kidnap a woman with unknown ties to Garvey and tell her everything she knows but can't prove and literally say that she can't prove anything.  Because obviously that would make the girl flip on Garvey and not just tell him everything Liz knows.  Was Liz planning on chaining the girl up in Tom's old boat prison if she didn't flip?  Maybe criminal master mind genes skip a generation (assuming she's Red and Spymom's kid) and Agnes is already a brilliant strategist that can plan circles around Lizzie.

• Love 5
On 4/15/2018 at 5:06 PM, saber5055 said:

That would be so cool if the Garvey girl tells Garvey all about it and where Lizzie lives, and Garvey's goons go over and kill Lizzie. You know, like they did Tom. Then Red continues on searching for Lizzie's killers all next season. Or, all of a sudden Agnes is grown up all soap-opera style, and Agnes joins forces with Red to hunt Lizzie's killers. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Detective Singleton, whom Garvey killed, knew where Liz lives, so I assume Garvey does too.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

IIRC it is the apartment that the Keanes had before the attack, it is the place where they were attacked, and Ian Garvey was there during the attack which is how Liz was finally able to identify him, I'm pretty sure he and his crew know where Liz lives.

• Love 1