Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Do Not Send Us Astray – Pre-Air Speculation And Live Chat

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Do Not Send Us Astray........ why the hell not, Show?  You've sure sent us viewers astray (from how great this show used to be).

Heartbreaking discoveries are made.

Uhhh, about 2 seasons too late to voice that particular statement. 

And the only discovery I could truly consider 'heartbreaking' - in terms of maybe never wanting to watch this show again - is if Negan's plot-armor is proven to make him immortal.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 7

Will Jadis strip Negan to his shorts and take pics of him?

Will Simon's nuts stop flapping naked in the breeze?

Will we get a ton of filler in the form of slo-mo extreme closeups?

Will Rick go home after his umpteenth failure to kill Negan, saying, "Curses! Foiled again!"?

Will Maggie share all the healthy snacks she got from Mrs. Doubtfire with the POWs, or will she tell Jesus, "Yew brought 'em home. Yew feed 'em."?

I'm on pins and needles!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I can not possibly make up a joke that is stupider than whatever we are about to behold.

TWD has been - and will continue to be - the punchline and butt of its own horribly unenjoyable joke for most of the past 30ish episodes.

Difficult to make a joke of something that is already a huge (unfunny) one of its own making.

• Love 4

The AMC site and my Comcast guide are showing the same thing for the regular 9 p.m. showing but all later repeats are only slotted for an hour.  So I'm guessing it's a mistake?  AMC, perhaps not surprisingly, is not particularly responsive or user friendly in trying to figure this out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I don’t know if I can handle watching this show for two hours anymore. 

But... I thought all the episodes were two hours, or even three? I guess it's just seems that way.

Maybe they should consider a half-hour format. Then, with all the commercials we'd get about 16 minutes of show. Could be enough.

• Love 6
On 3/24/2018 at 12:18 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action. 

Are the bringing a trebuchet?  Maybe Maggie should consult her new magic book for tips on siege warfare.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

The AMC site and my Comcast guide are showing the same thing for the regular 9 p.m. showing but all later repeats are only slotted for an hour.  So I'm guessing it's a mistake?  AMC, perhaps not surprisingly, is not particularly responsive or user friendly in trying to figure this out.

I know what this is.  Chris Hardwick announced last week that there would be a special sneak peek at the first hour of The Terror (which airs for 2 hours on Monday night), immediately following this episode and before The Talking Dead.  So making this a 2 hour episode that our DVRs record is just a sneaky way to suck us into watching The Terror.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I know what this is.  Chris Hardwick announced last week that there would be a special sneak peek at the first hour of The Terror (which airs for 2 hours on Monday night), immediately following this episode and before The Talking Dead.  So making this a 2 hour episode that our DVRs record is just a sneaky way to suck us into watching The Terror.

Those bastards.  It better not be.  The Terror has one of my most hated actors in it and I don't want it dirtying my PVR.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Thanks for that clarification.  I'm impressed anyone's still watching Hardwick or even paying enough attention to know the answer.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Thanks for that clarification.  I'm impressed anyone's still watching Hardwick or even paying enough attention to know the answer.

It's a DISEASE, y'all!  Which qualifies me for the (non)Americans with Disabilities Act, and lets me get away with nonsensical shit like this.  ;-)

Due to my non-hate of Chris Hardwick (among many, many other warning signs and POINTS!), I anticipate learning I've had a bunch of mini-strokes for the past several years, if and when I ever get to the doc again for a check-up.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

I don't mind Chris Hardwick so much, but on the rare occasion when I tune in to Talking Dead, he just seems to hate the show as much as the rest of us.  He just seems miserable, having to talk about the endless same-old dreck week after week.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm impressed anyone's still watching Hardwick or even paying enough attention to know the answer

I have never watched Hardwick for one second, since seeing his face has me grabbing the remote to click Off. I"m with the YTer who says that the sound of his high-pitched voice and the sight of his artfully arranged hairdo makes him want to gouge his eyes out and puncture his own eardrums.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Token said:

I don't mind Chris Hardwick so much, but on the rare occasion when I tune in to Talking Dead, he just seems to hate the show as much as the rest of us.  He just seems miserable, having to talk about the endless same-old dreck week after week.

Kind of sad. He used to be really into it. His enthusiasm was contagious. I think he recognizes "circling the drain" when he sees it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Token said:

It's gotta suck to watch your dream job turn into defending a terrible show.

• Love 7

I was posting during all he commercials last week. What's "The Terror" about, anyway? All that pops into my mind is The Terror from  Amazon's new version of "The Tick." A much better show than TWD, and also with a main villain played by somebody from "Watchmen..."

7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have never watched Hardwick for one second, since seeing his face has me grabbing the remote to click Off. I"m with the YTer who says that the sound of his high-pitched voice and the sight of his artfully arranged hairdo makes him want to gouge his eyes out and puncture his own eardrums.

Awww.  I love Chris.  He's got an interesting, positive, self help kind of book my kid liked.  He was kind of a big mess and ruining his life with alcohol, and finally he turned it around and was able to restart his career, and actually become successful using Youtube, etc as a new medium.  I find him inspirational. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Token said:

Those bastards.  It better not be.  The Terror has one of my most hated actors in it and I don't want it dirtying my PVR.

Which actor?

Spent the weekend binge watching The Alienist, getting caught up for the finale tomorrow.

And now, I'm here.

:Drink:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peach said:

Awww.  I love Chris.

Maybe it's just me then. I know nothing about him, as I have no interest and know nothing about most TV/movie personalities. I guess the thought of anyone enthusiatically raving about this shit show turns me completely off. OH, and I"m drunk right now. Not an excuse, but still...

• Love 3

Hardwick's OK elsewhere, but TD itself just annoys the crap out of me, with it's sudden explosions of full-blast rave music and insistance that every trivial bit of minutiae is the most amazing thing to ever be seen on television. Working it's got to be a tough gig nowadays, though. I mean, how many times can you actually keep a straight face while saying "Wow, did you hear Rick this week? When he said he was gonna kill Negan?"

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe it's just me then. I know nothing about him, as I have no interest and know nothing about most TV/movie personalities. I guess the thought of anyone enthusiatically raving about this shit show turns me completely off. OH, and I"m drunk right now. Not an excuse, but still...

Before all this, he had a popular podcast called The Nerdist and other things like that. I don't know much about it.  Then he got to be the MC for the biggest pop culture phenomenon on TV and now it's ruined and he has to be the MC for the worst show on TV.  lol  But he can probably cry in a bag of money, so he'll be okay.  You can go back to not caring and/or hating him now.  Carry on!  XD

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've hated total strangers only half drunk, so I can commiserate.  For that matter, I probably developed a soft spot for CH while semi- inebriated, but I do find his enthusiasm somewhat rejuvenating.

Still have some DVR stuff to burn before tuning in to this recording 22 minutes after it starts ... oh, who am I kidding?  That was Sunday nights of yore.  Now, I'm just as likely to watch other content and not see this until the wee hours of tomorrow, or even later.  SAD.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I was posting during all he commercials last week. What's "The Terror" about, anyway? All that pops into my mind is The Terror from  Amazon's new version of "The Tick." A much better show than TWD, and also with a main villain played by somebody from "Watchmen..."

It's about a real-life ship that I believe was sent to navigate the Northwest Passage? But the show is based on the novel which brings a ghost/monster/or something element to it. 

I am all over the premiere, as well as Trust (which also premieres tonight). 

• Love 3

And tonight — another scintillating three minutes of time will elapse. 

What’s it been since Rick woke up, about twelve and a half hours?

Meanwhile, the viewers have had kids who have had kids who have gone off to college, and there was once a time Hardwick was funny.

• Love 6

I'm intrigued about The Terror but I always resent AMC's annoying scheduling games to try to make fetch happen. I'm apparently one of the few that still enjoys Talking Dead, but when they've pulled this crap before (looking at YOU, weird future ninja cowboy show I never could figure out), I would jump to another channel and watch something else until TD came on.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Token said:

I'm neither here nor there about Hardwick.  Good for him making a career out of this, I guess, since obviously somebody was going to.  The few bits in recent seasons that I've seen though it feels like he's working harder and harder to try to talk himself into getting hyped about this mess and play along with the "OMG, this is so amazing," banter with Gimple and company, which feels like it would inevitably lead to a fair bit of self loathing.

Struggling to finally get through last week's episode.  Steven Ogg's nuts are hanging in the breeze, what?  And Rick and Chatty Cathy are Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner chasing around in a darkened building still monologuing at each other.  Meep meep.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Steven Ogg's nuts are hanging in the breeze, what?  And Rick and Chatty Cathy are Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner chasing around in a darkened building still monologuing at each other.  Meep meep.

Pretty much that. All we need to hear is that age-old TV line, "You'll never get away with this."

I thought about sobering up to watch this, but on second thought I'm better off staying drunk if I'm being forced to picture Simon's testicles.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I'm intrigued about The Terror but I always resent AMC's annoying scheduling games to try to make fetch happen. I'm apparently one of the few that still enjoys Talking Dead, but when they've pulled this crap before (looking at YOU, weird future ninja cowboy show I never could figure out), I would jump to another channel and watch something else until TD came on.

Yeah, that was...something.  But I'm interested in The Terror, so I hope it's good.  And I hope somebody sets up a page on this site for it.

• Love 1