Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

So how old exactly was Olivia when she had Dante? 10? This show could seriously try to give Olivia a 15ish grandson? While she has a freaking toddler walking around? Jesus, Sonny must have been a Chester the Molester. Especially since Dante is 30ish on the show.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I wonder if FV fully understands the degree to which SBu's return is going to decimate the Friz "fanbase"?

I've noticed recurring statements from Fiz fans that amount to Franco liking Liz without anyone else being competition for his feelings as the reason why they support the pairing (which, admittedly, will always be the issue with Jason), so it may not necessarily decimate them. I'm sure TIIC think the Tale of Two Jasons will reignite the fan wars (assuming the fans wake up from their boredom), but I think a good number of Liz fans would be wary about what might be done to her if she was put in a romantic triangle with Jason again given what she did with 'Jake' during the last storyline. Really, the only 'appeal' Franco seems to have is that he's not going to screw over Liz for Sam, which is the only outcome any such storyline is going to have.

This just feels like Mulder finding his sister on the original X-Files over and over and over again - you can only try to mine the same plot for so long before the fans realize you're not going to do anything differently, and this show is so boring that I can't imagine anyone thinks this storyline will be done well.

Edited by Lobsel Vith
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Lobsel Vith said:

This just feels like Mulder finding his sister on the original X-Files over and over and over again - you can only try to mine the same plot for so long before the fans realize you're not going to do anything differently, and this show is so boring that I can't imagine anyone thinks this storyline will be done well.

Yep. That also describes how I feel about "Sonny has a new mob rival in town...and it's war! Will Sonny and his family be safe?" 

Judging by the activity in the episode thread, the two most engaging stories of the week were Olivia versus the Quartermaine cook and what off-canvas Robin named a kid who won't even be living in Port Charles. That should say it all. 

• Love 17
20 hours ago, ulkis said:

It really amazes me how Passanante said she liked new characters because she doesn't have to remember the history, and then proceeded to make all the new people have ridiculous backgrounds.

What a dumb thing to THINK, much less say. Gotta give it to her though, her attitude completely shows up in her writing. That kind of comment reminds me of someone who once said they hate cleaning blinds, so they just buy cheap ones and throw them out when they get too dirty to clean, and then they buy new ones. Oh-kay then.

My Quartermaines are NOT dirty blinds. They are firing RPW? Didn't Nathan Varni say the Qs aren't going anywhere? Seriously DUMB stuff going on over there. How much is SBu's salary, anyway?

Oh well.  You guys will still have Sonny, Ava, Carly, Sam, Jason, NuOldJason, etc.   It will be a blank stare/stuttering/looking stoned  Lollapalooza. All mob, all the time, finally, officially. No more contract Qs. (except for Michael, who is really a Corinthos, let's be real here). No more Webbers except one and her kids who are apparently never, ever going to age.  The only families growing, the only families with any real focus, are mobular. How sad is that. It doesn't help that literally NONE of the mob characters are interesting, compelling, or worth peeing on if they were on fire.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

So how old exactly was Olivia when she had Dante? 10? This show could seriously try to give Olivia a 15ish grandson? While she has a freaking toddler walking around? Jesus, Sonny must have been a Chester the Molester. Especially since Dante is 30ish on the show.

I think they've said before that Olivia was only fifteen/sixteen when she had Dante.  If Dante fathered a child when he was late teens/early twenties, having a fifteen year old son would not be beyond the realm of possibility.

16 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I keep wondering who Mo has dirt on because any other soap would have filed him under "Ew The Olds " and pushed him in the background.   

I've thought the same thing about NLG. She's gotta have dirt on somebody. It's the only sane explanation of why we got Julexis. Nothing else makes sense. NOTHING.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I've thought the same thing about NLG. She's gotta have dirt on somebody. It's the only sane explanation of why we got Julexis. Nothing else makes sense. NOTHING.

NLG has an ABC contract, which means she negotiates with the network, not Frank or whoever was in the ep spot, I think. That probably has helped her, if true.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

NLG has an ABC contract, which means she negotiates with the network, not Frank or whoever was in the ep spot, I think. That probably has helped her, if true.

So she has dirt on the BIG BRASS, then.

J/K. Sort of.   :)

• Love 3

#GH - Anna & Finn seeks answers from Raymond. {Sept 1}

Oh gawd, is this hunt for Rebecca Budig going to be an actual ongoing storyline?  So boring.

And I guess Anna might be involved because she remembers she hates Dr. O? 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. This gives me the amusing image of Elizabeth at 80 still trying to wrangle her preteen kids. Hee.

Becky Herbst at 80 will probably look...55. So by then, the kids might be college age. Heh.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Everyone on contract has an ABC contract because ABC owns GH not an outside company.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Becky Herbst at 80 will probably look...55. So by then, the kids might be college age. Heh.  

Reminds me of my mama. We went out to eat once and the waiter said "so who's the mom and who's the daughter?" And my mama laughed. In my mind I'm thinking "there goes HIS tip". But she seriously looked fifteen years younger than she was. All throughout school people asked me if she was my older sister, and people usually think I'm ten years younger than I am so I guess it's a "good gene" thing and Becky must have those, too. I've never seen a pic of Becky's mom. I'll bet they look like sisters, too.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, In2You said:

Everyone on contract has an ABC contract because ABC owns GH not an outside company.

Yes, I know that ABC owns GH. But some people - apparently KM, BM, MB, NLG -have the type of contract negotiate with other people at the network. Most of them negotiate with FV.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yes, I know that ABC owns GH. But some people - apparently KM, BM, MB, NLG -have the type of contract negotiate with other people at the network. Most of them negotiate with FV.

Did you read that at DD? Because that's the only place I keep seeing that written. I don't believe any of them have special contracts with ABC. If they did we'd being seeing them over the different network shows alot more.

2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Reminds me of my mama. We went out to eat once and the waiter said "so who's the mom and who's the daughter?" And my mama laughed. In my mind I'm thinking "there goes HIS tip". But she seriously looked fifteen years younger than she was. All throughout school people asked me if she was my older sister, and people usually think I'm ten years younger than I am so I guess it's a "good gene" thing and Becky must have those, too. I've never seen a pic of Becky's mom. I'll bet they look like sisters, too.

You're the same as me, but strangers usually think me and my mom are dating (yuck, I know). She had me at 18/19, and currently she is in her late 30s looking like she's still 25, haha.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2017 at 8:03 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

True.  But to be fair,  Victor's children aren't half the cast.  

What a missed opportunity! It always cracked me up that Nikki and Victor's kids are named Nick and Victoria. Since Carly and Sonny are sort of that version on the show right now, it's too bad they didn't have a boy/girl, Carl and Sonya. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What a missed opportunity! It always cracked me up that Nikki and Victor's kids are named Nick and Victoria. Since Carly and Sonny are sort of that version on the show right now, it's too bad they didn't have a boy/girl, Carl and Sonya

Michael is named after Sonny. 

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Michael is named after Sonny. 

I know, but it's the cross-gender versions of the names by which we actually know the characters (in this case, Sonny instead of Michael, Carly instead of Caroline) that would have given it that fun Y & R twist.  

13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What a missed opportunity! It always cracked me up that Nikki and Victor's kids are named Nick and Victoria. Since Carly and Sonny are sort of that version on the show right now, it's too bad they didn't have a boy/girl, Carl and Sonya

Hey now, keep my government name out your mouth in relation to Scummy, hear?  :-)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What a missed opportunity! It always cracked me up that Nikki and Victor's kids are named Nick and Victoria. Since Carly and Sonny are sort of that version on the show right now, it's too bad they didn't have a boy/girl, Carl and Sonya. 

Don't give them ideas lol.  Next thing we know, they'll reconcile and have "miracle " twins and name them that.  Avery will still be sleeping upstairs during this.

• Love 1
On 8/18/2017 at 6:05 PM, In2You said:

Did you read that at DD? Because that's the only place I keep seeing that written. I don't believe any of them have special contracts with ABC. If they did we'd being seeing them over the different network shows alot more.

Someone else told me, but I suppose they could have read it there as well. I tend to believe in KM and NLG's cases, because KM was the one picked to do some guest episode on an show while that show's actor appeared on GH, and NLG because I think Guza would have canned her otherwise.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, the brother said:

This is some insanity right here:

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2017/general-hospital-spoilers-the-jason-twin-story-explained-at-last-steve-burtons-and-billy-millers-true-identities-revealed/

Let's hope it is nowhere close to the real storyline. This nonsense will gain zero viewers.

It makes absolutely zero sense, is moronic and insulting. Soooooo, 60/40 that it is what these hack writers and top brass choose to go with?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, the brother said:

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2017/general-hospital-spoilers-the-jason-twin-story-explained-at-last-steve-burtons-and-billy-millers-true-identities-revealed/

Let's hope it is nowhere close to the real storyline. This nonsense will gain zero viewers.

They didn't even get the right AJ.  When the accident happened, Sean Kanaan was playing AJ.  BW didn't come till around the time AJ learned Micheal was his son via Robin.  Also, I'm pretty sure they openly had Heather say she lied, like multiple times.  It was one of the things Franco was all emo over.   

21 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is there any chance we could get a sticky post at the top noting that cdl always posts fake spoilers?

Yes lol please.  Theyre funny to laugh at, but totally not true.  I just hope they don't have Jason get shot and magically wake up SBu.  And everyone is just like, okay its Tuesday, like it's normal for Jason to have aged a few years due to a gunshot.  What would make more sense is if Jason gets shot, hits his head, and wakes up with AJ memories and starts acting like him.  Meanwhile, we have Sonny's latest arch nemesis, hell maybe it is Valentin, reveal to Ava or Julian (so they can clearly be blamed for it) that AJ is in Jason's place, and he has a weakened SBu Jason.  Like he's in a cage or cell or something.  But we will probably get something stupid like a clone made by the Cassadines or a robot.  

• Love 2
On 8/22/2017 at 11:29 PM, the brother said:

The thing is, The Two Jasons is going to involve ludicrous body-swapping no matter when it took place, so while CDL makes everything up, they don't lose points on the "that would never happen" side of the equation.

Hypothetically going with their theory for the hell of it -- It would be kind of nice if we ended up getting our Jason Q back. The current version has been barely nicer to the Qs than SBu's Jason was, so he would have to continue growing in that sweeter direction, once the truth is revealed.

I'm assuming  that Jason getting shot this week will advance The Two Jasons. Either something in his medical tests will reveal a non-Jason Morgan aspect, or he will wake up having memories from before his Jake D'oh! days. 

I wouldn't mind that. I know people hate the OLTLers, but I thought Nora worked well. She was on the show for a specific, limited purpose. The role of Valentin's lawyer almost had to be someone outside the canvas, as Alexis turned him down, Diane was working for Lulu, and Scott...is Scott. As long as they don't integrate Nora further, she can come and go as Valentin needs her.

• Love 3

I still would love some exposition from Nora why she crossed state lines to take on Valentin as a client.  I mentioned this in the OLTL thread, but the arc felt a little like it was written for Tea, who is more likely to take on a shady dude like this as a client and do the somewhat shady stuff that was done, i.e. accepting a payment to ensure Olivia J. got sent to the bughouse.

• Love 3

Hey, all!  I get there will be inevitable comparisons between OLTL/GH with the "Two _________" story lines, but the OLTL talk is becoming a bit too prevalent. Please remember to focus on GH here. Thanks!

• Love 3